Ameritech College Employee Reviews

Full time student.
STUDENT (Former Employee) –  Draper, UTJanuary 9, 2016
I was a full time student here for 2 years. I earned an Associate's degree in Medical billing and coding. This was a very good school with lots of support when you needed it. I would recommend this school to anyone.
Pros
I could do school work day or night.
Cons
Can not think of anything.
growing competive school
Financial Aid Advisor (Former Employee) –  Provo, UTJune 25, 2015
They were flexible with the needs of their employees. In my department, you were trusted to do your job as needed. The supervisor trusted the knowledge and abilities if his employees.
a college in trouble
Education Department (Former Employee) –  Draper, UTMarch 26, 2015
Great people to work with!
They provide an excellent education!
Unfortunately the company finds it's employees disposable, and their financial management issues are widespread, bringing down the corporation faster than it can recover.
AmeriTech College
Director of Student and Career Services (Current Employee) –  Draper, UtahFebruary 1, 2015
Changes in development and growth opportunity has stopped as the business moves direction. Several positions have been eliminated in the last 6 months. There is no assurance of any future career opportunities.
Pros
Great work/life balance
Cons
No future
Quality Education for Healthcare careers
Admissions (Former Employee) –  Draper, UTOctober 28, 2014
Great coworkers, quality educational programs specific to healthcare, varying responsibilities on top of normal job functions.
A good place for people to enhance and create careers.
Financial Aid Representative (Former Employee) –  Provo, UTAugust 27, 2014
Greeting students and their families, helping to secure their federal funding to ensure payment for their education.
I learned that everyone is different and all have diversified backgrounds and situations.
Management wears many hats, sometimes lack of communication can really create a problem when you are trying to complete your job.
Co-workers can make or break a job, mine made it great place to work.
Hardest part, lack of communication and training .
Most enjoyable, working with people and helping them to obtain a chance of a career.
Pros
Good people, interesting work
Cons
Lack of number of Paid Time Off days for vacation and sick days.
Investment
Career Counselor (Current Employee) –  Draper, UTMarch 24, 2014
Any job is an investment. Working at AmeriTech is an investment that is paying off. I deeply respect the management and the burdens that are on their shoulders. My experience is they do not micro-manage. The typical day goes fast! I always have work to do. It is hard work and is made almost perfect when a student lets me know I've made a difference.
Enjoyed working here everyday was fun
A+ Certification Hardware Instructor (Former Employee) –  Noth Hollywood, CAFebruary 3, 2014
This company went out of business due to bad management. This was probably one of my favorite jobs I have ever had. I enjoyed working with the students everyday building and troubleshooting computers. I learned more than they did usually. Unfortunately, the company was unknown to the employees being mismanaged. I guess the hardest thing was to tell a student that they were not cut out for this type of employment.
Pros
Watching Students grow
Cons
Paychecks not clearing the account.
Dedicated to serving students
Career Counselor (Current Employee) –  Draper, UTDecember 30, 2013
I've been with Ameritech 2 years and have good, challenging opportunities for growth. It's nice to be with an employer who cares deeply about the service they provide; in this case our students. Working with 100+ students allows for great diversity, empathy, and compromise.
Very lively and productive workplace
Program Director Personal Fitness Training Program (Current Employee) –  Provo, UTNovember 16, 2013
A typical day at AmeriTech College looks like this:

Teach several didactic classes, grade assignments, counsel students, manage other faculty, make financial decisions, participate in upper management meetings, strategize on how to improve the program, prep for teaching the following day, conduct lab classes...etc.
Human Resources Director
Human Resources Director (Former Employee) –  Draper, UTApril 12, 2013
I processed payroll and benefits for both Draper and Provo Campuses.
Excellent education
Associate of Applied Science, Nursing (Former Employee) –  Draper, UTNovember 12, 2012
An accelerated nursing program that that really challenges an individual to think critically.
Pros
accelerated, challenging
Cons
short breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ameritech College. Our community is ready to answer.

2.3