AMERITECH

AMERITECH Employer Reviews

Software datâ entry and customer service.
411 Directory Assistance Operator (Former Employee), Toledo, OHSeptember 14, 2014
Pros: benefits, independent working and clerical experience.
Cons: timing was everything, competitive work environment.
Schedule was constraint; everything was based on time and schedule. Efficiency and accuracy was a most in typing in information for the customer and retrieving information from the software. Understanding of the data base and locale was a most to be best at your job. What I learned was to improve my clerical and typing skills as well as work under pressure – more... to please the customer and provide accurate service.
Management micro management your skills daily to make sure that you "always" improved on "numbers"; faster is better was there motto; co workers were very competitive and interpersonal, as you are only as employable as much experience you had, not necessarily how good you was at the job. The hardest part was office relationships and down to the minute schedule; timing was everything. The most enjoyable was the ability to work alone and improve typing and customer service skills. – less
a very analytical job made you think constantly
Service Technician (Former Employee), Chicago, ILSeptember 9, 2014
Pros: fun, challenging job
Cons: could be very dangerous at times
Great all together.

How to install , repair, and create Telecommunications
Good job to utilize different skills
Technician (Former Employee), Houston, TXAugust 23, 2014
I worked really hard to complete job duties in a timely manner. Although I work long hours, I assured tasks were satisfied. I would recommend this job for anyone.
Good Company
Clerical/Phone Operator (Former Employee), Cleveland,ohioAugust 8, 2014
Pros: benefits and pay
Cons: short lunch
Working for Ameritech was a good experience. I learned customer service, and operator skills and I also learned white pages skills. Ameritech was a good company to work for.
I was very busy all the time
Analyst Programmer (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INAugust 1, 2014
Pros: job satisfaction
Cons: elusive problems to analyze and correct
I wrote program code that deployed new call plans for business. Management, co-workers and planning was great. The most difficult part was the late night calls to correct system problems so the billing process could continue.
Amertich
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INJune 18, 2014
Pros: lunch being givin to us and gift certifcate
Cons: leaving the job
This was the best job taking calls from customers making sure I answered all their question and satisfy all their needs. I learned rto patance and listen. Management was great we always had a prize and inseminated to do our best. the co workers were always willing to help and answer questions as needed. The hardest part of the job was irate customer. – more... Getting a trophy at the appreciation dinner for the most customer compliments – less
32 enjoyable years working there
Technician (Former Employee), North Olmsted, OHMay 8, 2014
Pros: good wages, great co-workers
Cons: weather
very good company to make a career at.made a lot of lifelong friends.loved the work, inside and outside.customer appreciative job.retired from Ameritech/AT&T.
Very interesting. My responsibilities as a project manager was very challenging and enjoyable.
Account Service Administrator (Former Employee), Rockford, ILApril 23, 2014
Pros: free education
Cons: very strict rules and guidelines to maintain, especially when it came to attendance
Over all, being employed by Ameritech for 27 years was very fulfilling and life sustaining.
Ameritech an absolute gem
Cellular Retail Sales Consultant (Former Employee), Dearborn, MIFebruary 11, 2014
Pros: customer base
Cons: ameritech was bought out by sbc which formed cingular wireless
Ameritech was a great company, SBC bought Ameritech in 2000. I learned so much from absolutely no exposure to mobile phones in 1995. Salary plus commission position and made well over the salary by attaining objectives
This was a small entity of Ameritech
Customer Service Advocate (Former Employee), Chicago , ILFebruary 6, 2014
Pros: working in a small group made this organization and team get very close
Cons: unorganized
There needed to be changes made at this organization. There were a lot of management changes and a lot of moving around. There was no stability in this small entity.
Great place to get my start
Member of Technical Staff (Former Employee), Hoffman Estates, ILJanuary 16, 2014
I got my first job out of school here. I was surrounded by a great team of mentors.
Group Manager
Manager - Small Business Credit & Collections (Former Employee), Chicago Heights, ILJanuary 14, 2014
Pros: delivering good customer service
Cons: disciplinary action
Observing and managing directory assistance operators, learned to be tolerate of customer needs and desires, co-works and peers. Hardest part of the job was discussing disparities with operators who could not meet expectations.
Flexbility
Billing Associate (Former Employee), Hoffman Estates, ILJanuary 8, 2014
Pros: flexibility, benefits
Cons: long days at the end of the month
Account Reconciliation’s
Reviewed – more... Information
Checked Daily Reports
Billed Customers – less
High demand job.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Kalamazoo, MINovember 27, 2013
Pros: very good pay.
Cons: quotas to meet.
Worked non-stop. Very demanding atmosphere. Pressure constantly to make quota.
Coordination and trouble shooting of new tech
Principal for Transport (Former Employee), Chicago, ILNovember 11, 2013
Pros: mentally challenging
Cons: often long hours and weekend work
Working at Ameritech was always mentally stimulating as the roll-out of new tech always involved a team effort, From tier 3 management down to the field tech's everyone was involved in the deployment of the changes of telecommunications . The biggest challenge was how to integrate the new while keeping the system as a whole up and running Whenever a – more... project was completed on-time the reward would be lunch at company expense a someplace like Pier 35 for myself and chosen teammates. – less
1st call center experience
CUSTOMER SERVICE/SALES AGENT (Former Employee), Oakbrook, ILOctober 20, 2013
We didn't like that the position was presented as customer care but it really was a sales position.
Staff Supervisor
Staff Supervisor (Former Employee), Southfield, MIOctober 4, 2013
Pros: excellent compensation & benefits
Cons: large corporation with downsizing enforcements
Gained experience in computer programming & management of clerical support.

The hardest part of this job was having to report to management in another state & was caught in downsizing of management level. Forced to retire.
Very productive and challenging environmen
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT/ ACCOUNTS PAYABLE (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVSeptember 19, 2013
This job was a very challenging environment on a day to day basis. I had a goal to set daily. I loved the challenge behind it.
Nice work place, management under stress to produce sales
Customer Service / Sales Rep (Former Employee), Appleton, WISeptember 18, 2013
Pros: clean, bright working environment
Cons: more emphasis on sales then actual customer service
Call center to assist customers with upgrades, billing questions and service problems. Emphasis on sales, large turnover in employees.
learing new thing to grow in the company
Outside Technician (Former Employee), Chicago, ILSeptember 17, 2013
Pros: the staff was great to me
Cons: time to the work to short.
Awesome company to work for. I give them a review of *****. It was a great learning place, to learn the latest way to install phone.

1 2 3