AMERITECH Employee Reviews

Ameritech
Maintenance Administrator (Former Employee) –  Sterling Heights, MIAugust 7, 2017
Ameritech actually ruined the atmosphere that was once Michigan Bell. Ameritech instituted a highly internally competitive market and constantly threatened employees with termination. Ameritech was a very stressful place to work.
Pros
compensation
Cons
work environment
Horrible
Canvasser (Former Employee) –  Boulder, COJuly 6, 2017
Would never recommend it to anyone.

Would never work here again.

Good experience for what the worst of the worst within the business is... if you can make it here you can make it anywhere.
I like working at Ameritech
Sales and Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 22, 2017
I liked working at Ameritech. I feel that making applicants complete this review is totally unnecessary and waste applicants time. This step really gives me pause when using indeed.com
Great Company
Sales and Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 12, 2017
I really enjoyed working for SBC/Ameritech. This is a state of the art company and the earning potential is exceptional I would recommend this company to anyone.
Phone company
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Hoffman Estates, ILMay 24, 2017
Ameritech had op provide phone service for the country. They were able to provide good and reliable phone service to everyone. This company had to run smoothly because many people were relying on them.
call center
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Saginaw, MIMay 21, 2017
The call center was an pretty cool job, helping to assist business customers with their communications needs and streamline their business communications in the most efficient way.
Company bought by At&t
Area Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Saginaw, MIMay 20, 2017
Great Company to work for. First time trying and new industry after working 13 years in the airlines business. Great supervisors and often invested in their frontline supervisors in the area of leadership development.
Allowed me to be included in high-level meetings where I learned a lot and was able to use that to work more productively.
Training Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 16, 2017
Excellent company with opportunities for advancement, and gave me supervisor responsibilities, and I took on additional projects that I saw needed to be done.
Loved customer interaction, suspense of whhat the next call would bring.
Trained as repair clerk (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHApril 10, 2017
I loved this job .I had an opportunity to help our customers help themselves by explaining various procedures. It was a very challenging position. I had to be prepared and knowledgeable to calm even the most irate customers. It was also a very gratifying feeling when" together"r the customer and I found a way for them to understand each other.
Pros
Working with a variety of people and languages.
Cons
Unsure now.
communications
Shipping/recieving (Former Employee) –  Itasca, ILApril 5, 2017
Great place to work because of all the perks you get. Nobody over your shoulder. Friendly atmosphere. Learned a lot about the communication industry. Computers also,.
Pros
Learned a lot.
Cons
Never knew if place was going to be sold
Excelent place for career
Manager E.H.S. (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMarch 31, 2017
Never felt like a job but as a Profession . Capable of demonstrating innovative approach to complex situations .Worked well with all levels of regulators - Local/State/and Federal .Satisfaction in providing both a safe and environmentally defendable workplace for both workers and customers .
Pros
Family like atmosphere
Cons
None to interfere with my job duties
Fun
Category Sales, Sales Strategy and Planning (Former Employee) –  Hoffman Estates, ILMarch 28, 2017
This was a fun company to work for. We were small enough to know everyone and their roles, worked with upper management directly. Ideas were actually valued.
Sales leader
Customer Service/Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WIMarch 23, 2017
I cut my technical sales teeth at Ameritech. I was a sales leader the my entire tenure. I left because I wasn't thrilled with the union rules and regulations.
Regional leader in voice and Customer Premise Equipment (Baby Bell)
Sales Director - Data (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MIMarch 22, 2017
Dynamic market - transitioning from regulated environment to non-regulated environment...completely re-branding the company to reach out to formerly captive customers.
Great stepping stone from contractor to permanent position.
Contractor Computer Technician (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 19, 2017
Introduced me to companies in the Washington, DC area. Took a chance on me as a new computer tech from New York to DC area. Gave me positions in NCR Corporation, Computer Sciences Corporation, FAA and AARP. I eventually landed a full-time position at NGS.
Pros
Allowed me to work in many top companies in a new area.
Cons
No benefits.
Amazing Job
Support Clerk/Tech Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oak Park, ILFebruary 18, 2017
I absolutely loved this job. They would award hardworking employees monthly. The recognition was nice. The benefits were great. The work environment was friendly.
Favorite job
Toll Operator (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHFebruary 14, 2017
I was the operator! I was basically able to help people connect! The best part of the job was helping the elderly! this was at a time when everything went automated, so I felt grateful to be able to assist my customers in whatever problems they were having.
Great opportunity for advancement
Lead Engineer, Midrange Systems Engineering (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MIJanuary 19, 2017
Interesting culture that rewarded initiative and willingness to take on risk/responsibility beyond job description. Lots of longer term employees steeped in Ma-Bell culture, probably all gone by now,
Pros
Lots of training
Cons
Average compensation
fast paced information operator
Telephone Operator (Former Employee) –  Mount Clemens, MIDecember 5, 2016
I enjoyed working for the phone company, I took customer calls that were in search of phone numbers. I learned how to find a number even when the customer was not exactly sure where the location was. The management was great and so were my co-workers. The hardest part of the job was trying to find a number when the customer didn't know the name of the place they wanted a number to, The most enjoyable part was a satisfied customer.
Pros
we could trade hours if we needed to
Stressful
Promoter (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, VANovember 27, 2016
A typical workday for this company would include walking around a store talking to customers about home improvement. If you could sign people up then there was not a problem, but if you didn't then management would "put you down" so to speak.