AMERITECH Employee Reviews

Great place to work now (at&t)
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Farmington Hills, MIJuly 22, 2015
pay was great employees were respected and valued.very good work enviroment, supporetd the staff, great staff morale.
Good work environment
Trainer (Former Employee), Independence, OHJuly 17, 2015
Pros: Medical Benefits, Retirement Plan
While there the possibility of advancement was always a positive--company promoted within. The job offered variety so you were not bored.
New Business
Office Manager - Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Dallas, TXApril 12, 2015
Typical day was trying to figure out what my job was exactly. This was a "new start" business so I basically was the office manager. Unfortunately, this business did not get off the ground so I had to look for other employment.
This is the most rewarding job I've ever had!
Manager / Coach - Customer Care Center (Former Employee), Lansing, MIApril 1, 2015
Pros: Best job Ever!
Cons: None
When I worked at the company it was so much fun! We motivated each other and we were rewarding for good results. The management team was full invested in employee development and realized high performing talent.
Now AT&T
Procurement Director (Former Employee), Detroit, MIMarch 17, 2015
Pros: One of the top companies for employees
Cons: Great employee traing
Was the most fiscally successful of the baby bell companies, brought many successful changes to to the communicating industry.
Customer Account Specialist (Former Employee), Chicago, ILFebruary 14, 2015
Pros: relaxed work atmoshere
A typical day at work included researching customers payments and deposits then applying them to the correct account. I had multiple responsibilities throughout my career. I learned so much in this position, I learned time management, how to work independently and meet deadlines. The managers in the office gave employees freedom and my co-workers as well as myself respected the freedom. The hardest part of the job was traveling downtown Chicago, once I got to work the day was pretty smooth from that point on. The most enjoyable part of the job was that we would have a celebration for anything, we had a small team that worked well together.
Dream job in trained field
System Technician (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INFebruary 5, 2015
Pros: multi-faceted projects steady work
Cons: holiday work
Continuation of trained field of work that stepped me into newest technology during whole career. I was able to interface with customers and other employees in order to complete tasks and finish projects.
Example: Productive
maintennace (Former Employee), Houston, TXJanuary 30, 2015
Pros: worked alone
Cons: lots of work
working for this company was the best job ive had but it was only a temp job..shop helper .light maintenance cleaning.grounds keeping
Wonderful
Call Center Representative (Former Employee), Lansing, MIDecember 3, 2014
This was a fast paced environment. Great people and management.
Software datâ entry and customer service.
411 Directory Assistance Operator (Former Employee), Toledo, OHSeptember 14, 2014
Pros: benefits, independent working and clerical experience.
Cons: timing was everything, competitive work environment.
Schedule was constraint; everything was based on time and schedule. Efficiency and accuracy was a most in typing in information for the customer and retrieving information from the software. Understanding of the data base and locale was a most to be best at your job. What I learned was to improve my clerical and typing skills as well as work under pressure to please the customer and provide accurate service.
Management micro management your skills daily to make sure that you "always" improved on "numbers"; faster is better was there motto; co workers were very competitive and interpersonal, as you are only as employable as much experience you had, not necessarily how good you was at the job. The hardest part was office relationships and down to the minute schedule; timing was everything. The most enjoyable was the ability to work alone and improve typing and customer service skills.
a very analytical job made you think constantly
Service Technician (Former Employee), Chicago, ILSeptember 9, 2014
Pros: fun, challenging job
Cons: could be very dangerous at times
Great all together.

How to install , repair, and create Telecommunications
Good job to utilize different skills
Technician (Former Employee), Houston, TXAugust 23, 2014
I worked really hard to complete job duties in a timely manner. Although I work long hours, I assured tasks were satisfied. I would recommend this job for anyone.
Good Company
Clerical/Phone Operator (Former Employee), Cleveland,ohioAugust 8, 2014
Pros: benefits and pay
Cons: short lunch
Working for Ameritech was a good experience. I learned customer service, and operator skills and I also learned white pages skills. Ameritech was a good company to work for.
I was very busy all the time
Analyst Programmer (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INAugust 1, 2014
Pros: job satisfaction
Cons: elusive problems to analyze and correct
I wrote program code that deployed new call plans for business. Management, co-workers and planning was great. The most difficult part was the late night calls to correct system problems so the billing process could continue.
Amertich
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INJune 18, 2014
Pros: lunch being givin to us and gift certifcate
Cons: leaving the job
This was the best job taking calls from customers making sure I answered all their question and satisfy all their needs. I learned rto patance and listen. Management was great we always had a prize and inseminated to do our best. the co workers were always willing to help and answer questions as needed. The hardest part of the job was irate customer. Getting a trophy at the appreciation dinner for the most customer compliments
32 enjoyable years working there
Technician (Former Employee), North Olmsted, OHMay 8, 2014
Pros: good wages, great co-workers
Cons: weather
very good company to make a career at.made a lot of lifelong friends.loved the work, inside and outside.customer appreciative job.retired from Ameritech/AT&T.
Very interesting. My responsibilities as a project manager was very challenging and enjoyable.
Account Service Administrator (Former Employee), Rockford, ILApril 23, 2014
Pros: free education
Cons: very strict rules and guidelines to maintain, especially when it came to attendance
Over all, being employed by Ameritech for 27 years was very fulfilling and life sustaining.
Ameritech an absolute gem
Cellular Retail Sales Consultant (Former Employee), Dearborn, MIFebruary 11, 2014
Pros: customer base
Cons: ameritech was bought out by sbc which formed cingular wireless
Ameritech was a great company, SBC bought Ameritech in 2000. I learned so much from absolutely no exposure to mobile phones in 1995. Salary plus commission position and made well over the salary by attaining objectives
This was a small entity of Ameritech
Customer Service Advocate (Former Employee), Chicago , ILFebruary 6, 2014
Pros: working in a small group made this organization and team get very close
Cons: unorganized
There needed to be changes made at this organization. There were a lot of management changes and a lot of moving around. There was no stability in this small entity.
Great place to get my start
Member of Technical Staff (Former Employee), Hoffman Estates, ILJanuary 16, 2014
I got my first job out of school here. I was surrounded by a great team of mentors.