AMERITECH Employee Reviews

security guard is boring
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Leesville, LASeptember 5, 2016
You sit in a small shed at the entrance of a plant and check all vehicles in and out of the entrance. Required to check lunch boxes going out of plant as employees leave for the day. Required to do rounds every other hour to ensure proper precautions were being taken and that the plant was secure.
Pros
Inside a shed if it rains
Cons
long hours, boring
productive work place
Customer service/Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 25, 2016
a typical work environment, productive work area, good management, very hard working co-workers, could be somewhat difficult to sale additional services.
Pros
no free lunches-
Stressful but fun
Slope mitigation technician (Current Employee) –  Honolulu, HIApril 9, 2016
The typical day at work is hanging ring net or pulling cables.

I feel like i didn't learn much from them as most of the crews are from the now closed Janod.

The management can be improved on. Always have a stressing moment where we need to change room at the hotel but still need to finish the job right now.

Theres always coworkers that you don't like. Well here most of them insult each other for fun.

Hardest part of the job is the always changing plans example; Thursday, Foreman; We aren't working saturday
Friday, Foreman: Ok, see you tomorrow at 8.
Pros
great pay, healthcare(need to ask), travel
Cons
Short to no break
fast pace
Machine Operator/Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Channelview, TXApril 7, 2016
Fast pace work place. Orders are called in and you have to pull them right then. I learned how to measure and use cutting tools. Management really loved there employees. They would reward you on the success you bring to the company. Co-workers got along like family, we worked well together. The hardest part of the job was operating the forklift with 20 foot poles in front. I enjoyed working with the different machines..
Pros
leave for lunch, monthly bonuses
Cons
healthcare
just a fun place to work at
Distribution operator (Former Employee) –  South Bend, INMarch 31, 2016
come in everybody would get there assignments what had to get loaded on trucks,learned how to load trucks,management was wonderful ,if you were behind co-workers would help ,had to load by hand at the end of the truck sometimes , i loved my job everything about it,
Pros
had great bennifits
Cons
cold in winter in shipping
Working for AT&T was good for growth and development.
Service Representative Lead (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMarch 2, 2016
Working at AT&T was a career customer based company. I only left due to my department closing and moving to Michigan.A typical day would be answering calls regarding making payment arrangements or paying a telephone, cable, internet or cell phone bill. Management was open and agreeable to work with. Everyone working in the deportment was easy to get along with because we wanted our department to succeed. The hardest part of the job was to disconnect a customers service that you know needed it and the most enjoyable part was to have a nice comfortable workplace.
Pros
Very good benefits and knowledgeable employees
Cons
None really
Great Company
Service Representative/Supervisor/Facilitator (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJanuary 19, 2016
This company had great focus and professionalism. Awesome training and professional education was always available. Incentives were top rated and you always felt like a family with coworkers.
Pros
Incentives
Cons
aggressive goals
Very interesting job
Specimen Processor (Former Employee) –  Perryopolis, PADecember 1, 2015
This job is very straight forward and the training was simple and comprehensive!

I think there needs to be a more through process for what to do with positive results;however, i would gladly work here again
Pros
great pay, great training
Cons
problems with clients at the clinic
Nice place to work
Directory Assistance Operator (Former Employee) –  Oshkosh, WIOctober 25, 2015
Directory assistance operator. Assist customers with information such as phone numbers, addresses, similar names and locations. Offer recommendations if we could not find the listing the customer was requesting.
Pros
Good pay, benefits
Cons
Management, split shifts
Maintain high productivity rate
Unbundling (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 23, 2015
Customer Service. Run circuits for wholesalers. Problem solving. Team lead. Complex orders and continued education excelled me to the highest level in my division.
Pros
Pop quiz from area manager. Winner gets prizes
Cons
Low morale due to high productivity levels
line lead
IM Lead Technician (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHOctober 22, 2015
Great job, everyday is different and unique. Hardest part about the job was the elements. Each day would provide mental and physical challanges to make the day go very fast.
Rewarding Work Experience that returned more than an employee gave.
Engineer, Planner, and Manager (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 27, 2015
I had a very rewarding career while employed by Ameritech. When I became bored with my work assignment, I had the latitude to volunteer for additional assignments. I usually chose those assignments that no one else wanted. This proved to be a winning combination of challenge and reward. It also allowed me to learn and grow in ways not accomplished by my peers, by their own selection process.

I had excellent peers and subordinates that taught me in ways I had never envisioned. Most people believe that an employee can only learn from their supervisor or those above the supervisor. I credit my peers and subordinates for the hard learned experiences I had which developed me and my abilities to supervise and manage.

I started to work for Ameritech before I graduated from undergraduate school. Since there were no set academic evaluation criteria in the learning of Outside Plant Engineering, the at&t Bell System developed their own training methods and classes. I was fortunate to have the opportunity to participate in that process as an instructor. There is significant reward in such an opportunity.
Pros
Financial rewards, opportunity for growth and promotion.
Cons
Too much time away from home base and too much corporate restriction.
Loved the traveling
Technical Specialist (Former Employee) –  Waukesha, WIAugust 18, 2015
This job I travelled to all the different construction garages in the metro Milwaukee area & did lots of work for all the techs. Got to talk to a lot of different people on a daily basis & met any & all objectives they gave me. Love talking to & meeting new people.
Great place to work now (at&t)
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Farmington Hills, MIJuly 22, 2015
pay was great employees were respected and valued.very good work enviroment, supporetd the staff, great staff morale.
Good work environment
Trainer (Former Employee) –  Independence, OHJuly 17, 2015
While there the possibility of advancement was always a positive--company promoted within. The job offered variety so you were not bored.
Pros
Medical Benefits, Retirement Plan
New Business
Office Manager - Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 12, 2015
Typical day was trying to figure out what my job was exactly. This was a "new start" business so I basically was the office manager. Unfortunately, this business did not get off the ground so I had to look for other employment.
This is the most rewarding job I've ever had!
Manager / Coach - Customer Care Center (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIApril 1, 2015
When I worked at the company it was so much fun! We motivated each other and we were rewarding for good results. The management team was full invested in employee development and realized high performing talent.
Pros
Best job Ever!
Now AT&T
Procurement Director (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIMarch 17, 2015
Was the most fiscally successful of the baby bell companies, brought many successful changes to to the communicating industry.
Pros
One of the top companies for employees
Cons
Great employee traing
Customer Account Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 14, 2015
A typical day at work included researching customers payments and deposits then applying them to the correct account. I had multiple responsibilities throughout my career. I learned so much in this position, I learned time management, how to work independently and meet deadlines. The managers in the office gave employees freedom and my co-workers as well as myself respected the freedom. The hardest part of the job was traveling downtown Chicago, once I got to work the day was pretty smooth from that point on. The most enjoyable part of the job was that we would have a celebration for anything, we had a small team that worked well together.
Pros
relaxed work atmoshere
Dream job in trained field
System Technician (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 5, 2015
Continuation of trained field of work that stepped me into newest technology during whole career. I was able to interface with customers and other employees in order to complete tasks and finish projects.
Pros
multi-faceted projects steady work
Cons
holiday work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AMERITECH. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3