Ameritox Employee Reviews

As fast as you come in the faster you can come out
Accessioning Technician (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCNovember 16, 2017
Ameritox has been one of the most disloyal jobs that I have ever had. I have watched people get set up to be fired. I have watched drama unfold. I have watched screaming matches across the lab. The upper management changes things more than their underwear and there is no support. Most supervisors sit around and talk about their staff to the point it controls if you advance to the next level. So if you are wanting to move up you have to suck up!! Everything is about favoritism. For the amount of work that you do it is a shame how low you get paid. Since I been gone this has improved. I have also watched them swindle people out of their benefits as well. Overall if you choose to work for this company, don't make any friends or enemies and be prepared to be treated like trash.
Pros
Good PTO
Cons
Excessive drama
No Job Security, nothing to learn
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXOctober 25, 2017
If you're looking for a work place with 20 min breaks all throughout the day, this is the place to be. But there is no job security so don't get too attached to your co-workers!
Horrible Management
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXOctober 6, 2017
Horrible directors. No one knows what they are doing. A good place to start maybe if you're desperate but don't stay here for more than 6 months. They closed their Texas operations for no apparent reason - 200+ people were laid off.
Pros
Long breaks and not a lot of work. easy money.
Cons
bad management, nothing to learn, totally hopeless managers
Very stressful environment as well as no job security
Production Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDSeptember 25, 2017
While working at Ameritox my job was to perform data entry, entering in demographics and prescription data for patients. The job was very stressful at times because we were not able to leave any work in the que on a daily basis and it was enforced that NO errors were to be made.

The team moral was very low and that stemmed from management which therefore trickled down to the team. I did excel in my duties, meeting my goals every day and consistently kept a very low error rate.

The job security at Ameriotx was very low due to their being lay off's every year since I became employed in 2013 and i was laid off on July 25, 2017
Pros
Great pay for data entry work
Cons
Lay off's every year
good place
Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJuly 11, 2017
good place to work but the company makes selfish decisions that affect the average worker in a negative manner. easy going job with stress coming from the upper management instead of the work.
productive
Confirmation Clerk (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJune 28, 2017
Overall great job, but it has changed with the switch from manual to automated. The workload has decreased but its still productive but management doesn't it feel secure.
Too Many Lay-Offs
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MDJune 26, 2017
This was a fantastic place to work, the work was relatively easy and management ensured your success. The only downfall was that they had too many lay-offs in a very short period of time.
Pros
Cons
Too many lay-offs
Enjoyed working with co-workers, management
Collector Tech (Former Employee) –  MarylandMay 25, 2017
The company was great to work for ,they was there to answer your question and help solve any problems.
My direct manager was the best, she would come and check on me and my clinic to see if I needed anything.
Pros
Would bye lunches
Cons
Ameritox is a good company in a difficult and evolving toxicology space.
Sales (Current Employee) –  IndianaMay 2, 2017
I make 6-10 calls per day with potential customers and current customers. I have scheduled appointments most of the lunch hour each week.
I sell medication monitoring which is similar to buy and bill. I have to pull the specimens 'through' the offices/clinics. I am paid on the volume and revenue of the specimens. I have to help my customers with insurance coverage and proper coding to increase insurance coverage.
I have a smaller base and a greater commission potential.
I currently cover N. Indiana and would prefer to cover southern Michigan since that is where I live.
productive, well run
LC/MSMS Operator (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCMarch 27, 2017
At the time I was there, I learned a lot. Such as how to do more then the basic maintenance on the Instruments. I added to my knowledge base in the data processing area. great company to work for.
Ameritox
PFS Rep (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MDFebruary 22, 2017
Kept busy everyday, management changed a lot, enjoyed the people i worked with. not much room for advancement. hard work was not noticed.
Pros
busy days
Cons
shaky management
Ameritox Corporation
Specimen Processor (Temp) (Former Employee) –  Troy, MOJanuary 18, 2017
This job was very interesting because I got to learn a lot about HIPPA laws, and learned ICD-10 codes that pertained to my job.

The worst part was not every patient who came in for therapy needed drug screening, and it made for a very long, boring day.
Pros
Lots of free time to do the on-line training
Cons
Lots of down time made for a very long day.
Good Company to work for
Specimen Processor (Former Employee) –  Tullahoma, TNJanuary 7, 2017
Unstable but a good place to work for. A lot of travel that is not reimbursed. There are also a lot of stuff to put up with from the clinics themselves.
Must love working with all ages and public
Specimen Processor (Former Employee) –  Perryville, MDJanuary 3, 2017
Relaxed environment, timely breaks, very nice staff, Great Learning experience, work at your own pace, meet all types of people.
Medication Monitoring
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDDecember 16, 2016
High performance company providing solutions for medication monitoring. Laboratory based pain monitoring solutions to partner organizations, healthcare providers, hospitals, and physician offices.
Good company to work for, I have not had any problem.
Confirmation Clerk (Current Employee) –  Burlington, NCDecember 6, 2016
I have worked there for 22 months now and I find it to be a very enjoyable place to work, I have not had any problems with any of my co-workers. Management is friendly and approachable.
Ameritox
AR Billing Representative (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MDOctober 19, 2016
Although the companies intentions are good in regards the drug monitoring through testing. The management is not up to par, the moral is down, and the money dangerously down.
Enjoyable
Specimen Managment Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCAugust 12, 2016
I enjoyed my position at Ameritox. However, I was part of a downsize layoff. Its will just one those things. My salary was larger than my co-workers
Pros
Rewards programs
Cons
Yearly downsize layoffs
Boring, good pay
Specimen Processor (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 3, 2016
Lets see....I believe they pay pretty amazingly but it doesn't really matter since you only work 1-3 days a week ( 3 if you are lucky). I work all by myself in my "department" my supervisors are all on call and can be reached easily. However, the clinics where I work do NOT understand the policies for the SP...so I spend a lot of time telling people "I can't do that" The job is also really really really boring. I mean, there is literally nothing to do until there is a patient. I spent one day working for 5 hours and only had one patient. It kinda drives you nuts after awhile. And the driving is really really inconvenient. I work at 3 main clinics, but am regularly called in to work different places that can be far away. I was also told I would be compensated for parking....was not.
Pros
pay
Cons
boring
Productive and fun workplace.
Data Entry Billing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MDJune 14, 2016
Productive and fun workplace. My co-workers are great people to work with. The hardest part of the job are the benefits are not that great. The enjoyable part of the job is the company is taking a look at there benefits to see if they can do better.
Pros
Management is appreciatvie of the job we do.
Cons
Benefits could be better.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ameritox. Our community is ready to answer.

2.5