Ameritox Employee Reviews

Great company to work for.
PHARMACY TECHNICIAN/SPECIMEN PROCESSOR (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, GAJanuary 19, 2016
I really enjoyed working for this company. I would probably still be there had the physician I was assigned to had not retired.
Pros
Very independent on the job
Cons
Not enough hours
Fun workplace, really enjoy working and meeting new people
Specimen Processor (Former Employee) –  Prentiss, MSJanuary 13, 2016
Ameritox is a wonderful company to work for. Everyone is very friendly and willing to help if you need them. The sales Rep. was very helpful and the SP manager was very friendly and helpful.
Very fast paced
Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXNovember 12, 2015
We were very busy and had a lot to get done in one work day, but there were enough employee's to get everything done. I felt like I was doing a job that would be helping and individual live a better life.
Pros
always busy so the work day went by quickly
Cons
the smell
One of the best place to work!!
Senior Tester (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MDOctober 6, 2015
Very good place to work at. Very supportive management and co workers. It was a very good experience. I loved going to lab for deployment.
Amazing!
Specimen Processor (Current Employee) –  Hot Springs National Park, ARAugust 27, 2015
Ameritox is great. I work in a clinic and do my own job by processing the samples. I get to manage my hours and lunch and they are VERY flexible with my needs since I am currently pregnant with twins. That's a lot of doctors appointments! The supervisor is great and the clinic staff I work with is absolutely wonderful I love this job!
Pros
free lunch, hours, very flexible, weekends off, holidays off
n/a
Specimen Processor (Current Employee) –  Hartford, WIAugust 12, 2015
data entry and making sure speciman are sealed properly, little contact with patients and you are in a small room by yourself
Support patients from order delivery to test completion and return process
Specimen Collector (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJune 30, 2015
Receive specimens and prepare for delivery to lab. Complete all required paperwork and reorder supplies when needed.Keep daily record of requisition numbers and submit to sales support with a copy of time card
Pros
flexible houjrs
Cons
it was a temp job
Liked working with the Concur and Salesforce applications
Expense Specialist (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMay 18, 2015
A typical day consisted of processing Concur expense reports and reconciling customer meals to Salesforce. Also, I reconciled the corporate credit card statements, performed the check edits, and assisted with weekly check runs.
Great Company!
Specimen Processor/Administrator (Current Employee) –  Jersey City, NJApril 5, 2015
Honestly, I can go on and on about how great the company is, but I won't. The company is amazing, but the job security is eh. I can totally see myself growing within the company, but if an account is lost, then you're out of the job, unless they find another account. Overall, during the little time I've been with the company, I give two thumbs up!
Productive and fun workplace
Toxicology Specialist Asst. (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXMarch 25, 2015
A typical day at work included new challenges and investigations to provide lab director, staff and physicians answers to a broad amount of questions. My knowledge continued to grow continuously with updated laboratory equipment and programs. With the constant change of management staff I learned to adjust with different types of management leaders. The hardest part of the job was meeting almost impossible deadlines with litigation package preparation. The most enjoyable part of the job was the day to day challenges and knowing that what we practiced truly made a difference in peoples day to day life's.

Want to know more about Ameritox?

Ask a question
Enjoy Working at Ameritox
Specimen Processor/ Specimen Administrator (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMarch 23, 2015
Enjoyed working at Ameritox. Co-workers are very understanding, friendly and let me work with minimal supervision. I basically only see my supervisor once a month. Most contact is via email, phone calls and texting. They offer great benefits. A great Company to work for.
Pros
free lunches, benefits
Cons
work as sub-contractor, not for the offices they placed me in.
THE ONLY THING I CAN SAY FAR AS THIS JOB IS NO GROWTH AND JOB STABILITY
Extraction/Tecan Operator (Former Employee) –  Greensboro NCMarch 1, 2015
A typically day at Ameritox is lots of drama. and hardwork. I have learned more now then when I first started this position .Managment, needs a lot of work.My co-workers were very friendly and helpful in some ways. The hardest part of this job was being able to take your breaks.The most enjoyable part of the job was getting off going home.
Enjoy the job but hours are not secure.
Specimen Processor (Current Employee) –  NCFebruary 21, 2015
A typical day at work is going in whenever I want, since I am now on call for 2 clinics. I pick up the specimens the CMA has already collected with all the demographic information, insurance information and medication list. I enter all of this into the laptop provided by the company, package it up for Fed-Ex pickup, and leave. Depending on the number of specimens, this usually takes less than 1hour.

Hardest part of the job is driving 20 miles for the small amount of work.

The most enjoyable part is the clinics have been nice to work with and the supervisor has been good to work with.
Wasn't what it once was
Senior Sales Consultant/Field Based Trainer (Current Employee) –  US basedFebruary 5, 2015
The company underwent some changes in management and direction and suffered. The Lab space has become crowded with small companies that offer much more. Ameritox is much like the american car companies of the 80s and 90s..."we have always done things this way, nobody really wants a car from japan."
Pros
great group of sales professionals to work with
Cons
management is clueless about the field
Great work environment
Forensic Toxicologist (Current Employee) –  Elwood, IndianaJanuary 28, 2015
Supervisors are great in working with my schedule as a single mother and they help you in learning new skills as the training for my position is still on going.
Fast paced
Tecan Operator (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCNovember 11, 2014
Ameritox is a medication monitoring solutions lab. Leaders in the industry and rapidly growing. Management is mediocre, co-workers were great. Lack of communication hinders proper instructions for continuously changing processes.
Pros
friendly environment
Cons
limited advancement opportunities
A very fast work pace,but that can be a good thing,The time flys by.
Medical Assistant/Specimen Processer Adminatrator (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAOctober 2, 2014
A truly great place to work for. You get to meet all kinds of awesome people.The co-workers are great,I learned one true thing, and that is drugs do not discriminate.
Pros
of course the free lunches.
Cons
patients that can be very rude.
Productive and great co workers
Specimen Collector (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAAugust 5, 2014
Lab testing for patients at doctors office. I would take patient information and lab tests and send it via FedEx to the lab for test results. Management and my co-workers were great people to work around. Dealing with patients who had addictions was probably the hardest part of the job. Helping people who needed help was the most enjoyable part of my job.
Pros
catered lunch everyday, nice working environment.
Cons
no insurance, inconsistent work hours
Ameritox, Good Pay, Good Company Sometimes Unstable Hours
Specimen Administrator (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIJune 18, 2014
I work for ameritox currently. The managers and supervisors are great, but often there is too much traveling, lack of or unstable hours due to doctors frequently taking vacations, etc; Overall Id say its a decent job. But i'm always keeping my eyes open for a better opportunity!
Pros
free lunches, work alone
Cons
unstable hours, too much traveling required
PFS Operations Rep.
PFS Operations Representative (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MDJune 9, 2014
I had worked with the scanning project and my main duties were printing the claims and help with mailing them out. I actually really enjoyed this job, however it seems the work load went down hill once the former manager Jen had left and Joyce had taken over. She is very sneaky and undermined. They lay off people every 2 months it seems like and if your looking for a full time job long term this isn't the place to work. Doesn't matter how well you work.
Pros
they have different events throughout the year.
Cons
work load sucks