Ameritox Employee Reviews

Ameritox Corporation
Specimen Processor (Temp) (Former Employee) –  Troy, MOJanuary 18, 2017
This job was very interesting because I got to learn a lot about HIPPA laws, and learned ICD-10 codes that pertained to my job.

The worst part was not every patient who came in for therapy needed drug screening, and it made for a very long, boring day.
Pros
Lots of free time to do the on-line training
Cons
Lots of down time made for a very long day.
Good Company to work for
Specimen Processor (Former Employee) –  Tullahoma, TNJanuary 7, 2017
Unstable but a good place to work for. A lot of travel that is not reimbursed. There are also a lot of stuff to put up with from the clinics themselves.
Must love working with all ages and public
Specimen Processor (Former Employee) –  Perryville, MDJanuary 3, 2017
Relaxed environment, timely breaks, very nice staff, Great Learning experience, work at your own pace, meet all types of people.
Medication Monitoring
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDDecember 16, 2016
High performance company providing solutions for medication monitoring. Laboratory based pain monitoring solutions to partner organizations, healthcare providers, hospitals, and physician offices.
Good company to work for, I have not had any problem.
Confirmation Clerk (Current Employee) –  Burlington, NCDecember 6, 2016
I have worked there for 22 months now and I find it to be a very enjoyable place to work, I have not had any problems with any of my co-workers. Management is friendly and approachable.
Ameritox
AR Billing Representative (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MDOctober 19, 2016
Although the companies intentions are good in regards the drug monitoring through testing. The management is not up to par, the moral is down, and the money dangerously down.
Enjoyable
Specimen Managment Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCAugust 12, 2016
I enjoyed my position at Ameritox. However, I was part of a downsize layoff. Its will just one those things. My salary was larger than my co-workers
Pros
Rewards programs
Cons
Yearly downsize layoffs
Boring, good pay
Specimen Processor (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 3, 2016
Lets see....I believe they pay pretty amazingly but it doesn't really matter since you only work 1-3 days a week ( 3 if you are lucky). I work all by myself in my "department" my supervisors are all on call and can be reached easily. However, the clinics where I work do NOT understand the policies for the SP...so I spend a lot of time telling people "I can't do that" The job is also really really really boring. I mean, there is literally nothing to do until there is a patient. I spent one day working for 5 hours and only had one patient. It kinda drives you nuts after awhile. And the driving is really really inconvenient. I work at 3 main clinics, but am regularly called in to work different places that can be far away. I was also told I would be compensated for parking....was not.
Pros
pay
Cons
boring
Productive and fun workplace.
Data Entry Billing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MDJune 14, 2016
Productive and fun workplace. My co-workers are great people to work with. The hardest part of the job are the benefits are not that great. The enjoyable part of the job is the company is taking a look at there benefits to see if they can do better.
Pros
Management is appreciatvie of the job we do.
Cons
Benefits could be better.
Team Lead
Team Lead, CEC (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MDMay 18, 2016
I enjoyed and learned a lot of valueble information whil at Ameritox. I enjoyed going to work daily. Management provided on going training. I enjoyed the daily interaction with the patients by providing them with assistance to eliminate account balances.
Pros
Excellent benefits
Cons
Saturday Work Hours
Specimen Processor
Specimen Processor (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 20, 2016
A typical day consists of going to remote locations and collecting, adding to system and shipping specimens for further processing.

This job would be great if it has stability. This company hires through temp agencies. No notice when assignment ends.
Pros
There are no pros to this position
Cons
Instability. Unprofessional relations with temp agency and immediate management.
Busy fun environment
Collection Specialist (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MDMarch 7, 2016
Management team made work place enjoyable,work load was manageable bonuses were always a plus call center environment
productive workplace
Specimen Processor (Former Employee) –  Sevierville, TNFebruary 21, 2016
This is a drug screen company that places you in clinics to preform drug screens on patients and send the specimens to Ameritox. It is a one person job and a lot of responsibility to the employee as the supervisor is not always there
Cons
no health insurance
Fun
Specimen Processor (Former Employee) –  Roseburg, ORJanuary 26, 2016
This was one of the more fun companies to work for, The work they do was interesting and I enjoyed serving in this capacity.
Great company to work for.
PHARMACY TECHNICIAN/SPECIMEN PROCESSOR (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, GAJanuary 19, 2016
I really enjoyed working for this company. I would probably still be there had the physician I was assigned to had not retired.
Pros
Very independent on the job
Cons
Not enough hours
Fun workplace, really enjoy working and meeting new people
Specimen Processor (Former Employee) –  Prentiss, MSJanuary 13, 2016
Ameritox is a wonderful company to work for. Everyone is very friendly and willing to help if you need them. The sales Rep. was very helpful and the SP manager was very friendly and helpful.
Very fast paced
Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXNovember 12, 2015
We were very busy and had a lot to get done in one work day, but there were enough employee's to get everything done. I felt like I was doing a job that would be helping and individual live a better life.
Pros
always busy so the work day went by quickly
Cons
the smell
One of the best place to work!!
Senior Tester (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MDOctober 6, 2015
Very good place to work at. Very supportive management and co workers. It was a very good experience. I loved going to lab for deployment.
Amazing!
Specimen Processor (Current Employee) –  Hot Springs National Park, ARAugust 27, 2015
Ameritox is great. I work in a clinic and do my own job by processing the samples. I get to manage my hours and lunch and they are VERY flexible with my needs since I am currently pregnant with twins. That's a lot of doctors appointments! The supervisor is great and the clinic staff I work with is absolutely wonderful I love this job!
Pros
free lunch, hours, very flexible, weekends off, holidays off
n/a
Specimen Processor (Current Employee) –  Hartford, WIAugust 12, 2015
data entry and making sure speciman are sealed properly, little contact with patients and you are in a small room by yourself

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ameritox. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6