Ameritox Employee Reviews in United States

Clinic environment. very fast paced and good co workers.
Specimen Processor / Specimen Manager (Current Employee) –  Boardman, OHApril 24, 2013
Typical day is very fast paced and up beat. Not a lot of down time due to the patient count, which is nice because its better to be busy then not doing anything. Also manage all of the patients specimens and their requisitions that are completed. I've learned how to be professional in one of the utmost professional environment and also watched my medical knowledge and terminology vastly grow into a much greater knowledge of the medical field. The management is very upbeat and acknowledgeable to their employes, which gives everyone a great boost of moral an makes the job feel enjoyable instead of a 8-5 all day job. The same goes for the co workers. Everyone is accountable for their work to be completed and the staff if very knowledgeable in their fields of work, which makes the days somewhat easy in a fast paced clinic. Hardest part if the job would be dealing with insurance companies and finding out policies of every patient. The most enjoyable part of the job is the interaction with the patients and doctors on a daily basis, and the communication through out the staff to the doctors and back to the staff is very professional and right to the point.
Pros
free lunches, great building, good co workers, communication
Cons
short breaks, health benefits.
Enjoy Working at Ameritox
Specimen Processor/ Specimen Administrator (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMarch 23, 2015
Enjoyed working at Ameritox. Co-workers are very understanding, friendly and let me work with minimal supervision. I basically only see my supervisor once a month. Most contact is via email, phone calls and texting. They offer great benefits. A great Company to work for.
Pros
free lunches, benefits
Cons
work as sub-contractor, not for the offices they placed me in.
Tecan/Extractions (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCMarch 18, 2013
A typical work day is running all the Lab Benches for every drug essay from G/C to L/C. I have learned to work better as a team under a high volume of specimen that comes in each day. Upper management is wonderful although the significant Leader elected for the Chemistry department is not fully educated for the Extraction side which makes the work environment stressful at times. The co-workers that I currently have the pleasure of working with are amazing, we work together in an orderly fashion to get the work out the door in a time incomparable to other Labs. The most enjoyable part of working at Ameritox is knowing that at the end of the day you had the pleasure of being apart of such a wonderful work family to encourage and motivate productivity.
Enjoyed watching the company grow and being a part of that growth.
Account Specialist (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXFebruary 21, 2014
Ameritox is a medication monitoring solution lab. When I started we processed about 250 urine samples a day. We grew to processing 1million samples a year. Being a production based company the work was time sensitive. I worked with 6 other account specialists and we learned to help each other and trained each other with the ever changing documentation.
The hardest part of the job was being in Midland when upper management was located in Baltimore.
I worked for Ameritox for almost 10 years and watched the company grow. We had a great IT department that allowed us input when creating a new data base.
The company made the decision to close the Midland location in November. It was hard saying good-by to friends and leaving the comfort zone of a job I enjoyed.
lonely long days for ameritox
Specimen Processor (Former Employee) –  Southampton, PAFebruary 25, 2013
basically my title of specimen processor had a lot more meaning than what i actually did why i worked for this company.

i would sit in closet sized room waiting for patients to collect their specimen after they have been seen by the doctor.

someday's i would be swamped but a majority of the time i would get 3 patients in a 8 hour time spam so there was a lot of downtime and the days just dragged mostly.

i was never managed. i worked on my own the fields manager would pop in maybe once every few weeks to see how things were coming along but aside from that that's about it.

i also had the privilege of making form copies and sending out the specimens on a daily basis.
Pros
free lunches at certain facilities
Cons
uncomfortable work enivironment, poor management
Strange place to work.
Order Entry (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MDApril 14, 2014
It all depends on your position and department, but Production is all they care about. Poor management. Some people don't speak or even greet you back when you speak. A few very nice people.
Pros
health care benefits
Cons
not much room for growth, low pay, poor management
Wasn't what it once was
Senior Sales Consultant/Field Based Trainer (Current Employee) –  US basedFebruary 5, 2015
The company underwent some changes in management and direction and suffered. The Lab space has become crowded with small companies that offer much more. Ameritox is much like the american car companies of the 80s and 90s..."we have always done things this way, nobody really wants a car from japan."
Pros
great group of sales professionals to work with
Cons
management is clueless about the field
a over all good company
Laboratory Technician (Current Employee) –  greensbor ncDecember 19, 2012
some management needs training, good benefits, have enjoyed my two years here time to move on even in this tough ecenomy? lab located in greensbor NC
A new company without awareness of good statistical principles.
Biostatistician (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXMarch 8, 2012
For pain management (CNS), originated a Biostatistics Department to prove the efficacy of an equation-based in vitro device. Urine drug tests have shown only positive or negative results, but with the new work it can be determined how much drug a healthy subject consumed based on urine drug levels. This is a medical breakthrough derived from statistical methods I applied to two, Phase 1 clinical trials.
Pros
i proved an equation in healthy subjects.
Cons
this work was not carried on further, with real patients, and concerning fda guidance.
Productive workplace with great co-workers
CASH APPLICATIONS REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MDMarch 24, 2013
I usually start my day with researching and posting my electronic payments. In the afternoon I process the payments in the lock boxes to make up batches for the manual posters. We work together as a team to post all the money coming in from the insurances and patients. The company sponsors fun time such as Orioles game day, Thanksgiving feast, and our Christmas luncheon. The best part of my job is being able to multi task to get my work done on time and the fellow workers at Ameritox.
benefits
Cons
half hour lunches
n/a
Specimen Processor (Current Employee) –  Hartford, WIAugust 12, 2015
data entry and making sure speciman are sealed properly, little contact with patients and you are in a small room by yourself
Challenging
Extractions Technician/Tecan Operator (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJuly 7, 2013
Currently, being an employee with Ameritox is challenging because of shortages but, the opportunity to learn what is done in the laboratory is available. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to move through different departments and cross-train. On the other hand, the hardest part is that at times one may be stationary in a particular part of the lab due to low staffing.
I've learned that being flexible and patient with certain parts of the job and management is key.
A good place to start
LC/MS/MS operator; Certifying Scientist (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXOctober 3, 2013
Ameritox was my first "real" job. It provided me with eight years of lab experience, from the ground up. I was hired as a temp tube writer, and as the company grew, my skills and understanding grew with it. A typical day consited of preparing the instruementation to run, calibrating the instrumentation, running and reviewing the production results. No job is perfect, and my career here has been full of its own bumpy spots, but it is an experience I wouldn't change.
Pros
paid well, lab appreciation week
Cons
drama
Productive and great co workers
Specimen Collector (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAAugust 5, 2014
Lab testing for patients at doctors office. I would take patient information and lab tests and send it via FedEx to the lab for test results. Management and my co-workers were great people to work around. Dealing with patients who had addictions was probably the hardest part of the job. Helping people who needed help was the most enjoyable part of my job.
Pros
catered lunch everyday, nice working environment.
Cons
no insurance, inconsistent work hours
I want to be a part of a work enviroment that is constantly growing.
Tecan Operator (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCOctober 3, 2012
A typical day at work for me was fun yet productive. This enviroment was very fast paced and very busy! Upper management did not speak much, just kind of kept to themselves. My co-workers were awesome, always making me laugh everyday. The hardest part of the job was the down time. I worked second shift so we frequently had a lot of time and I like to stay busy. The most reliable part of the job was that my co-workers always had my back if I needed anything.
Support patients from order delivery to test completion and return process
Specimen Collector (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJune 30, 2015
Receive specimens and prepare for delivery to lab. Complete all required paperwork and reorder supplies when needed.Keep daily record of requisition numbers and submit to sales support with a copy of time card
Pros
flexible houjrs
Cons
it was a temp job
A good company with a strong product and friendly atmosphere
Corporate Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJune 22, 2012
I love working at Ameritox, but there is no room for advancement, and I'd love to further utilize my skills and contribute more. I have picked up many responsibilities outside of my job description, and these go unrewarded. I love my co-workers, and I have learned a lot from them.
Pros
leisurely atmosphere, team oriented, lots of company perks (free snacks, coffee, fun events.)
Cons
little to no room for advancement
Ameritox good place to work for retired person
Specimen Processor/Trainer (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDApril 6, 2014
Ameritox is not a bad job, but there is no job security, because they do not have contracts with the clinic we work in, so the clinic can stop using us at anytime, which means I am out of work until they find me something else, and their is state passing laws that clinic's cannot have a specimen processor in their office, which is the position that I do for them.
Pros
you work independent
Cons
there is no job security
Great work experience
Specimen Processor (Current Employee) –  Lebanon, TNAugust 26, 2013
I was hired as a PRN SP in June. By mid- July I was offered a permanent home at a clinic in the area. Management/ Supervisors are great about fulfilling your desired work schedule and any other comments or concerns you may have. I love this job. Very thankful to have had the opportunity to join the Ameritox team. Patience is a virtue.
Pros
great communication, working with a team, great medical experience
Cons
lots of down time
Enjoy the job but hours are not secure.
Specimen Processor (Current Employee) –  NCFebruary 21, 2015
A typical day at work is going in whenever I want, since I am now on call for 2 clinics. I pick up the specimens the CMA has already collected with all the demographic information, insurance information and medication list. I enter all of this into the laptop provided by the company, package it up for Fed-Ex pickup, and leave. Depending on the number of specimens, this usually takes less than 1hour.

Hardest part of the job is driving 20 miles for the small amount of work.

The most enjoyable part is the clinics have been nice to work with and the supervisor has been good to work with.

2.6