AMES Australia Employee Reviews

First Volunteering Experience (VWEP)
Administration Assistant - Volunteering Job (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VICJune 23, 2016
Amazing experience! After a long gap to get exposure into a work atmosphere is like an "Ice breaking" session type of Job eventually started liking to love the working type of life again. As it was a limited time, I am missing that friendly approach of that atmosphere.
Higher authorities guiding the new comers are common to what extent is the question, I was blessed with both helping and till the end of my session.
Pros
Group work, helping, freedom of thoughts
Cons
Good for start of Career.
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VICApril 12, 2016
For 60 years AMES Australia has helped new and recently arrived refugees and migrants to settle in to Victoria. AMES Australia offers much more than just teaching English – we not only work with new arrivals but also with the community, business and Government to develop sustainable and effective settlement solutions for the whole Victorian community.
Productive,accessible, non-discriminatory, fantastic people
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas VICJanuary 21, 2016
I found working at AMES to be one of the most satisfying positions I have held. The management team were always approachable, the staff were very kind and always helpful. The clients of this service were always so grateful and pleased with the work I did for them. I learnt a lot about other cultures and how to be culturally sensitive to individual needs. I gained an understanding of the plight many face growing up in war torn or economically disadvantaged countries. The most difficult part of the job was being unable to assist clients to get faster results from the immigration department as to the status of their visa.
Pros
flexible, family/client/worker focussed
Cons
funding restrictions
I like my work place its secure and safe and lots of people from different countries its improved their writing and speak in english and job.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, VICOctober 21, 2015
Good supportive, and helpful also work as a team ,it is very good because different people from different countries.This company I take my Work Placement I learn more experience about my course,I can work Independent and know how to answer the phone and Solved problems, I got more confidence and also work as a Team.
Pros
free coffee
Cons
30 mins
It is a friendly envionment focuses on new arrivals needs
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Noble Park VIC 3174August 24, 2015
Huge department for settlement services and love to work in the environment. At the moment working as a volunteer and hopefully will get a job.
Multicultural and fun workplace
volunteer tutor (Former Employee) –  Noble Park, VICMay 15, 2015
AMES is by all means a multicultural place for newly migrants and arrivals. I am glad to be a tutor at AMES, where I can teach ESL for migrants in the community so that they can contribute back to the community one day.
Pros
Free breakfast
Cons
Small workplace
Excellent work culture
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  DandenongApril 11, 2015
Passionate working environment.
Strong leadership.
Job satisfaction at the high end of the scale.
Co-workers very committed to their profession. Diverse cultural backgrounds
Loved my time working in this environment.
Its best
Community Guide (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VicNovember 4, 2014
No Comments AMES is the Best compony and place to work spercialy the workers and the staff
friendly workplace
Community Guide Coordinator (AMES) (Former Employee) –  Melbourne CBDJuly 23, 2014
I learned how to work as an active and patient member of a great team. To be a professional multitasking coordinator.

There was several levels of management, as the company has around 3000 employees so management skills should be very strong there.

I had wonderful team mates who had good abilities to create an awesome team.

The hardest part of the job was having huge number of clients who were from different cultures and nations and languages and have been almost long times in Refugee Camps.

And the most enjoyable part of the job was monitoring my team members when they were trying their best to give the best service ever to the clients and seeing faces of refugees and asylum seekers who were happy and were smiling.