Ames True Temper

Ames True Temper Employee Reviews

productive high energy work enviorment.
Machine Operator/Assembler (Former Employee), Camp Hill, PAApril 15, 2015
During my time at Ames True Temper, I had the opprotuntiy to meet people from all walks of life, I was able to learn new skills that I had not been familiar with before. I was pleased with management and my co-workers, almost everyone worked well together and was treated fairly. I had a great experience with human resources they were always helpful. the most difficult part of working at Ames True Temper was the physical work at that fast pace for that length of time. But not long following I got the hang of it. Most enjoyable part of this job was me entertaining co-workers!
Fast pase, with a lot expected of employees
Production Operator (Former Employee), Lewistown, PAMarch 5, 2015
A typical work day consisted of assembling shovels. You learn how to work with a partner so you can be very productive for the day.
Maintenance Groupleader
Maintenance Group Leader (Former Employee), Union City, PAFebruary 18, 2015
I really enjoyed my career at this facility. If the plant had not of closed I would still be with them. Mostly the coworkers were great people and my direct management were fair and willing to send employees to training when it was needed.
very fun and productive
Warehouse picking and packing tools (Former Employee), Reno, NVJanuary 24, 2015
Pros: the i work 4 days for 10 hours
fun what i learned how to drive a forklift management was a very nice guy and my co-workers very good people the hardest part of the job was how to make orders and the most enjoyable part of the job was learned how to use the forklift
PRODUCTI VE N FUN WROK PLACE
WAREHOUSE CREW MEMBER (Former Employee), carile paDecember 10, 2014
an average day at work is like normal for me I have learned a lt from my experience
wrong job
Technical Operator (Former Employee), Camp Hill, PADecember 4, 2014
Pros: hours are great in plastics
Cons: condone racism
think i took the wrong job when filing out the app here. The benefits are awesome but the work place is extremely hostile and stressful
productive
Laborer (Former Employee), Camp Hill, PAOctober 13, 2014
Pros: helpful co-workers
Cons: management wasnt the best
- typical day at work was going to my station and getting everything organized to make garden tools
- management sucked... the day i started the manager introduced himself and showed me where i was going to be working.... that was it. he didn't say anything else to me until 2 days later when we had a meeting.
- i learned that team work is absolutely everything
poor management
forklift oper (Former Employee), Carlisle, PAOctober 1, 2014
ames true temper has poor management and pooremployee comunacation
face pace work enviornment
Warehouse employee (Former Employee), Mechanicsburg, PAJuly 22, 2014
Pros: good pay
making lawn tools and putting them in boxes for storage or shipment I learned how to build lawn tools from scratch and also was a good experience to learn something out of my league you really didn't interact with nobody because it was a job were u work by yourself hardest part was when I first started out trying to get use to the fast pace but then the job was so enjoyable once you learned to do it correct
good
Operation Assistant (Former Employee), Carlisle, PAJuly 7, 2014
I learned a lot working here. I enjoyed working with other members of the team.
Poorly managed
Technical Operator/ Assembly Line Supervisor. (Current Employee), Mechanicsburg, PAJune 28, 2014
Horrible management and disrespectful towards certain employees yet lots of mobility towards promotion and good compensation and pay raises.
Productive, High-paced
Safe work environment
Great Place to Work
Buyer (Current Employee), Camp Hill, PAApril 17, 2014
MRO Buyer. Services, Contracts, Colorants, Utilites. Good Purchasing Group
Too much work for too little pay
Painter (Current Employee), Camp Hill, PAApril 6, 2014
Pros: hmm...well...i guess a paid lunch is nice
Cons: low pay, management with too much pride, out dated machines that break down all the time
This is by far the worst company I have ever worked for. They start you off at $10.50 a hour. After 2 months you earn $11.50 a hour. A man that has been there for 9 years earns $11.97 a hour. Seriously?!? How can anybody say with a straight face that this is a good paying job. I have to do so much work, Im lucky to be able to drink water twice a day, and that is a true fact. Between 1400-2000 shovels in 7 & 1/2 hours is the amount of work you will be expected to do. Your lunch is paid, which is nice, except for your not allowed to leave the property, so forget about going to get something at lunch. Plus if you smoke, prepare yourself to go 8 hours without a smoke. Management does not care about you, its their way or the highway, even though some of the things they do goes completely against common sense. Most places try to work smarter, not harder. This place thinks the exact opposite way. They will not listen to your ideas, because their pride wont allow them to see through a foolish way of doing things and the awful pay is the reason this company has a huge turnover rate. No one and I repeat no one in this company in 2014 should make under $14 per hour. Period. If you think differently, then I feel bad for your self esteem.
Assembler (Current Employee), Carlisle, PAMarch 26, 2014
Pros: easy fast paced work, great co workers
Cons: none that come to mind
Despite what everyone else on here is saying, it is an awesome job. You can really tell that the people that are complaining about the work are the ones who come in and mess around the entire shift. If you come in and do your job the right way then it's really not that hard, most nights people surpass 100% production rate if they run the machines and assemble the product as they were trained. The only downside is the short lunches, but can't really complain there because the lunches are paid! Management may have their panties in a bunch some nights, but they are dealing with employees that complain all day and night and don't want to work. If you are a hard worker and really have value in looking back at the night and seeing what you accomplished, this job is perfect for you.
Operations Assistant, Carlisle, PA (former employee)
Operations Assistant (Former Employee), Carlisle, PAFebruary 16, 2014
Pros: good job security and wages
Cons: slim chances for advancement, bad culture of the office, management not willing to listen or make positive changes, understaffed in the busy season
Try to avoid this company!!!!! Favoritism rules the air... The seniors still stuck in the 20th century will do anything to make you unwelcome. Unless your tolerance level is thru the roof, please stay away from this company. The drama and junior high will enter you life at the speed of sound.
very stressful place to work
Material Handler/Forklift Operator (Current Employee), Camp Hill, PAJanuary 30, 2014
Pros: insuurance
Cons: the management does not care about the operators the way they should
the management has just bit by bit taken every thing that was for the employee away. the only thing they care about is that all products are run no matter how little employees they have and that puts stress on a lot of people
Fun place to work, Nice coworkers
Assembly Operator (Former Employee), Lewistown, PAJanuary 25, 2014
Pros: the pay
Cons: short breaks
I learned to make shovels, it was a fast past enviroment I got along with the co workers. The hardest part of the job wasn't really to hard after i was there and learned the ropes but at first the hardest part was keeping the fast paste. The people and and working period.
Assemble Garden Tools
Manufacturing Assembler (Current Employee), Carlisle, PANovember 13, 2013
Pros: job stability
Cons: one 30 minute lunch break, mandatory overtime, sometimes have to work 7 days a week, minimal advancement, dangerous
Typical day at work my team and I make anywhere from 1200 to 2500 shovels a day. Employees learn how to make the garden tools and machines to make the tool. Along with how to fix the machines we use.
Overall a strong company
Master Production Scheduler/Materials Manager (Current Employee), Carlisle, PAOctober 14, 2013
Employees have a very good attitude and all want to make the organization a great place to work.

About Ames True Temper

It could be said that Ames True Temper is at the root of all lawn and garden tool manufacturers in the US.┬áTracing its history – Read more

Ames True Temper Salaries