AmesburyTruth Employee Reviews

Chaos
Temporary Assignment (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTJanuary 10, 2018
Corporate took over a nice small company. They didn’t care about their employees at all. Management never available. They treated their employees like doody. Forced resignations.
Pros
The people.
Cons
Everything else. It smelled like sewage in the office. Management not available for questions.
Enjoyable group
Accounts Receivable Intern (Former Employee) –  Owatonna, MNJanuary 1, 2018
Cubicle style. Desk and computer. A lot of talking to customers, writing emails. Organizing and scanning documents. Friendly environment with great Managers that are willing and able to help with any and all questions.
They did nothing for their employees on Thankgsgiving, Very gloomy and disorganized and clueless amongst management
Shipping and Receiving (Former Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDDecember 11, 2017
Very poor work atmosphere. Huge efficiency issues throughout company especially in shipping and receiving. No communication between orders being made and orders needing to be shipped out. Management needs to be realigned and evaluated immediately. Low morale amongst seasoned associates.
Pros
Overtime
Cons
Very poor management
Company Information
Buyer/Planner (Current Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDJune 15, 2017
The main issue with my current employer is that this company is always in a state of mass confusion. Most personnel are working very long hours with little to no compensation. People that have been with this company for a long time are deciding to leave because of the culture that currently exist. People with, 10, 20, and more years are leaving, it is just not one person that is leaving, as of late, it has been multiple people leaving every week. I prefer to work for a company that values it employees and are in a much more stable environment.
Pros
Personnel that I work with are hard working and dedicated.
Cons
Very unorganized, very unstable.
Customer Focused
Buyer/Planner (Former Employee) –  Statesville, NCMay 18, 2017
I learned alot of the production of window hardware.
I contributed to a Global Supply chain as a liason from Statesville to Sioux Falls and Juarez.
The team in Statesville is more like family.
Pros
Hour lunch
Cons
Did not get the support I needed to be as sufficient as I would have liked.
People were great to work with.
Die Cast Operator (Former Employee) –  Canton, SDDecember 26, 2016
I loved the people I worked with. It made it fun. Did not like the heat in the summer or being cold in the winter. But all in all the job was fairly easy and like I said the people made it fun to work there.
Pros
Music to listen to while you worked
Cons
Was hot in summer and cold in winter
It's a job to get you by til you find the job that you really want. I never thought that I would say that someday.
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Owatonna, MNDecember 1, 2016
I really enjoy my job. I am busy all day, which I really like. I like all my co-workers. We get along very well.
Management doesn't see the skills we have as forklift operators. We feel like we are just numbers. We feel like management thinks anyone can just jump on a forklift and do the job. It is a skilled position, and should be treated as such.
Cons
Lucky if you get a bonus check anymore, or a raise, no christmas dinner or gift, no appreciation day, no employees club, no company picnic. There isn;t anything here to draw new employees. I have worked here a long time, so the only good thing that I have left, is my vacation time.
Great bunch of people to work with.
Assembly (Current Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDOctober 3, 2016
It's been a great place to work and fantastic people there. Room for advancement and growth, trying different work areas. I did big balance, those are window balance's that range from 20" to 86" in length. Worked on my own building them from start to finish.
Its a trap
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Owatonna, MNAugust 3, 2016
It seems good at first but there is no room for advancement and they could care less about your at home life. Don't expect anything to ever be on time here either typically it will show up or get done 6 months later than they tell you.
Pros
Cons
Short breaks no smoking in property
Fun co-workers to be around
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Owatonna, MNJuly 19, 2016
a typical day is all about task management and prioritization. I learned that working at the paint plant is a lot different then the main factory. Upper Management expects a lot for having little time around the work place. Shift Leads and supervisors are real decent and understanding. Co Workers are fun to be around and interact with. Hardest part of the job is dealing with the heat conditions in the summer and the fast pace the is necessary to complete job tasks. Most enjoyable part of the job is having freedom to complete my job tasks how i felt were best necessary.
Pros
pizza parties
Cons
heat conditions, and overtime
good work invoirment,good people
Forklift Operator/Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Owatonna, MNJune 24, 2016
learned something new everyday, the job was different everyday, everyone worked as a team, load unload trucks wrap pallets scan into system was on a forklift most of the day helped others when needed, haul steel coils when steel truck came in

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AmesburyTruth. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7