AMETEK, Inc. Employee Reviews

Great place to work !
Quality Engineer (Current Employee) –  MilfordJanuary 31, 2017
Great co-workers, good place to work, if you want to advance there are opportunities within this company as well as other divisions.
I work with some people who have been here for 20 to 30 years.
Pros
Team work - co-workers
productive and fun place to work
Electronics Assembly Technician (Former Employee) –  Peck, MIJanuary 3, 2017
The job was good but the pay was poor. Plus they made promises when i was was hired about raises which where not kept. They said it was due to company policy changes and since i didn't have it in writing i never received that particular raise. That was one of the main reasons i left the company.
Loved the job
Assembler/Production (Former Employee) –  Athens, OHDecember 8, 2016
Loved the work I was doing! Other Co-workers were great, very helpful and environment was wonderful. No job security though, after being assured it was not a temporary position and leaving my previous employer to accept job, I was laid off after my ninety day probationary period along with fourteen other short and long term employees. Happy New Year to me!
Pros
Salary was good, Co-workers, management
Cons
Job security.
Makes my stomach churn.
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Lakewood, NJSeptember 27, 2016
Current employee at Glasseal, Lakewood NJ. Horrible environment. Management has no idea what is what day to day.Some good people but for most part just drones.
Pros
Cons
Poisonous to your health and soul
Watch your back
Wireperson (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJune 30, 2016
Management shows too much favoritism. The HR woman in there does not try to help you with anything asked, she just hands you numbers to call. Don't really see what she is there for. A real HR would take the effort to find the solution you ask for. If a hot job comes up, usually on a Friday, management lays a guilt trip on you to work all week-end.
Pros
steady pay
Cons
you are just a number, not a name.
People were good You. start making good money then they let you go .They let a lot of good dependable people in ametek New Bedford go.People that had
CNC Machinist (Former Employee) –  New Bedford, MAJune 2, 2016
You. start making good money then they let you go .They let a lot of good dependable people in ametek New Bedford go.People that had 15yrs plus.No loyalty there.
Pros
Cons
No loyalty
Awful place to work!! STAY AWAY!
Former employee (Former Employee) –  Milford, NHMay 16, 2016
I worked here for years and did not receive a pay raise but did get more job responsibilities added with no extra compensation. If your looking for advancement and great pay, look elsewhere!!!
Pros
No pros!
Cons
Too many to list but here are the big ones. Awful management, poor pay, No advancement!!!!
Management is horrible and extremely rude and uneducated. Nobody at the company is happy under an extremely hostile work environment,
Plating (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, NJMay 1, 2016
Pros
Cons
Extremely poor uneducated management .
Solid Company being poorly managed into the ground.
Operator (Current Employee) –  Woodstock, NYApril 18, 2016
As a current employee, let me start by saying I love my job.
I love the work I do, the products I create, the hours I work, and the benefits I have available to me through this job.
Now, let me address some of the major failings of Ametek-Rotron.
First and foremost is the lack of respect both management and HR has for employees. Employees as a whole are treated as though they are insolent children who require scrutiny and direct supervision at all times.
Recently we were informed that yearly raises would not be given in a timely manner due to issues within the industry and company, and morale has fallen a great deal as a result.
The community at Rotron is also an interesting item of note. There is a strong sense of community among the older employees, however the younger crowd has very little loyalty to one another and suffer from the closed circles. Back-biting and sneaky swordplay are common, and it is difficult to know who your friends are. New hires often bear the brunt of vicious malingering, and often end up laid off due to a rumor sent around about them. It's all in who you connect with here, and if you get on the wrong person's nerves you won't be around long.
Quality standards vary widely between departments and supervisors as well. Some are fastidious, making sure every part is pristine...and others are very lenient in their judgement of acceptable quality products.
All in all however, I enjoy the job. The work can be challenging and yet rewarding. There are improvements being made and management has made promises to improve, so there is hope that things
  more... will turn around soon.  less
Pros
cafeteria with fresh-made food and salad bar, gym free for all employees
Cons
benefits cost high, poor management
I'm not a robot
Melter (Former Employee) –  Robesonia, PAApril 11, 2016
Too many grumpy people, really can't voice your opinion without someone out to get ya. Management is horrible. Quick to fire you, but other than that there's room for advancement if you know the right people.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Favortism
No job security
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Robesonia, PAApril 1, 2016
Good money, but not enough for type of work. To many hours Sunday-Saturday and not a ton of job security, be certain that there will be times where you'll be laid off....I was terminated after being ordered to stay home by doctor for illness...They fire ppl left and right even ppl that have helped the company grow for years. There's pretty much no room for mistakes and there is a ton of favoritism. If you get the job kiss up as much as you can.
I use to like it when it was Reading Alloys now ametek took ove4
maintenance technician (Former Employee) –  Robisonia paDecember 16, 2015
Favoritism is at this facility for sure.
Not enough maintenance
Hr is making the decision wetheryou have a job or not. She is not for the people
Management said we are all just a number
Cons
No help
productive and great enviromental
Assembler/Production (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, NJOctober 15, 2015
great company with lots of great benefits, its a great place to work has great breaks. its sitting not standing,supervisors are great teamworkers.
Pros
great breaks
Cons
no phones
Good company to work for, challenging and interesting
Custom Wireman, Mechanical Assembly (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 31, 2015
Good company to work for, challenging and interesting. Number 1 in our field. I enjoy working for AMETEK, they take care of their employees.