AMETEK

AMETEK Employer Reviews

Environment laced with fear an intimidation from both management and the union.
Human Resource Payroll (Former Employee), Wapakoneta, OHAugust 23, 2014
Pros: can be a long term job if you know the plant manager and are from the wapakoneta area.
Cons: not really an experience i want to repeat.
Company has many long term employees that are union. These folks have no idea what real work is as they sit around most days at picnic tables while management allows this.
management is afraid to task the union with making employees work.
Truly sad on both sides.
Co-workers are easy to get along with. Management is approachable
Electrical Maintenance Technician (Current Employee), Nesquehoning, PAJuly 21, 2014
Pros: good benefits
Cons: distance is too far from home
Co-workers are easy to get along with. Management is approachable.
productive, fun place
Account Manager (Current Employee), Tulsa, OKJune 23, 2014
Cons: hard to move up
Overall fun place to work with, co-workers are easy to get along with.
Poor job security environment
Application Engineer (Former Employee), New Ulm, Mn.May 12, 2014
Very restrictive management. Not much job security. Company constantly closes plants and eliminates jobs after acquisition of said company.
productive and good place to work
Test technician (Current Employee), San Diego, CAApril 9, 2014
Pros: limited supervision
Cons: salary is low.
my work is test and calibration of power supply programable , is a very easy job, the environment is frienly. we work hard but not under pression, the most enjoyale is i felt here like my home.
Good company to work for
Inventory Planning Manager (Current Employee), Clawson, MIMarch 13, 2014
Good company to work for. Many employees have been around for a long time.
lacking space
Warehouse Coordinator (Former Employee), Clawson, MIMarch 9, 2014
Pros: healthcare
Cons: wages
a typical day at work would start by receiving stock from the receiving dock and checking stock by inspecting part numbers and counting quantities. afterwards I would make sure that stock would be placed in the correct locations to be picked and shipped to the companies clients. I started before any stock was receivede tin the building I assisted in – more... the placement off shelving for stock by the use of high lo and other heavy equipment. I learned a lot about inspecting and shipping, – less
50 year history in Plastics Industry
Production Manager (Current Employee), Nesquehoning, PAJanuary 26, 2014
Chemical Products Division of AMETEK is just a small part of the AMETEK umbrella. It is a union shop with room to grow.
Electronics Engineering Technician (Former Employee), Oak Ridge, TNDecember 16, 2013
I would recommend Ametek to anyone. Great place to work. Good culture and management.
Great place to work- great team to work with.
Buyer/Material Planner (Former Employee), Largo, FLDecember 4, 2013
Pros: everyone seemed to work very well together.
Cons: none.
Everyone seemed to work very well together.Great place to work- great team to work with.
Exciting place to work
Bilingual Customer Service (Former Employee), Largo, FLSeptember 9, 2013
Pros: a lot of activities involving all the personnel
It was challenging and fun job. I loved to learn about the mechanical, temperature and speed products.

Our challenge was to meet our weekly and monthly quotas. My team was very supportive.

I helped to review and implement procedures to make sure that our orders would go smooth with the flow in the stream line process from customer service through – more... all the departments involved like planning, production, quality control, shipping department and making also a post sale follow up with our end users.

Being part of the team that developed and created new medical instrumentation was the most exciting part of my career.
I am very grateful for the opportunity of professional development I had during my tenure at Ametek. – less
Assembly Technician
Assembly Technician (Former Employee), Newark, DEAugust 8, 2013
A typical day at work I would check in and see what I need to do for that work day and start on specific project I was assigned. I've learned electical wiring and assembling, trouble shooting, and hypot testing. I liked that I had great communication with my management team and they were helpful and supportive of my work. I liked my co-workers and we – more... always got along. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to come into work and do my best and feeling accompished after the end of the work day. – less
The company is not run effectively and relies too much on a small group of customers. Working with new accounts was a chalenge due to lack of resour
Contract Sales Representative (Former Employee), Kent, OHFebruary 25, 2013
The management group was a detriment to real growth at Ametek. Magement was not accessible on a day to day basis. Very little supervision or support to the sales group. I really enjoyed my role in building relationships with existing and new customers.
Wonderful experience all around, Excellent Supervisor and great team to work with.
Customer Support Coordinator (Former Employee), Oak Ridge, TNSeptember 15, 2012
A typical day at AMETEK would include reviewing and processing email from Assigned international and domestic territories (some from customers, some from regional contractors and some from sales engineers to which we were assigned), prioritize and schedule daily work, process orders and supportive documentation and follow-up; A wide variety of administrative – more... organization, bookkeeping and communication.
My experience with Ametek in the ORTEC Sales Department was a wonderful experience. The team I worked with was and remains to be a highly valued part of my life. – less
Precision Assembler in a clean room environment (Former Employee), New Bedford, MASeptember 7, 2012
Pros: safety lunches
Cons: sometimes pushy boss, healthcare not the best for a company that makes millions in one month.
Place has a great atmosphere to work in. Management is good for the most part. Mt department, used to be Final Gold Assembly. I used to do precision final assembly work. This work consisted of small parts in a metal package. Worked with a great crew of girls. Work also consisted of reading blue prints, using small tools for assembly, microscope. That – more... is not the only thing I did. Used to work in the rest of the plant to, such as punch room, office work, wire racking, chemical packer, tool & dye, blank & draw, sanding room, floor girl, assembly floor, furnace unloader, packer.

Hardest part of the job, was having to use tweezers to assemble with, and pressure clips.
Most enjoyable part of the job is workingwith the girls tha I did. Always helpful for the most part, always worked as a team. Most departments that I worked in it was that way. – less
I loved this job and would still be there if it hadnt moved
Methods Assistant (Former Employee), Racine, WIAugust 22, 2012
Pros: advancement, pay, management was good, co-workers
Cons: they moved
There was alot of advancement here. I repaired machines. I worked in assembly and in machining and QC. I was all over the plant. I did set-up for the lines. I really enjoyed the fast pace and being able to do all different kinds of work and would still be there today if they hadnt moved.
very demanding cuts into personal time at home
assistant repair tech (Former Employee), Binghamton, NYAugust 20, 2012
Pros: good pay
Cons: never had parts to complete the job.
Loved the people I worked with,
built and repaired gagues and dials,
preformed test on different products,
great people work there
Buyer (Former Employee), West Chicago, ILAugust 13, 2012
the hardest part about working there was watching everyone leave when production was sent to Mexico
very good benefits and comfortable workplace
Inspector (Current Employee), United StatesAugust 8, 2012
Company specialized in IDG and CSD and hydraulics pumps, EME aviation field
not a good place to work
Hydraulic Technician (Former Employee), tulsa,okAugust 7, 2012
Pros: pay chech every two weeks
Cons: everything
leaving at the end of the day is the best part
the worst parts is have to go to work

About AMETEK

You might say that AMETEK is powerfully┬áinstrumental. Its Electronic Instruments Group (EIG) makes monitoring, calibration, and – Read more