AMETEK Employee Reviews in United States

Productive and Challenging
Electronic Technician (Current Employee) –  West Chicago, ILMarch 9, 2016
Most of the time I am responsible for incoming products which need to be repaired and returned or evaluation to find out the root cause of the products. I do a lot of testing for productions before products go to customers. I am really good at soldering regardless of surface mount or through hole. I build and enhance test fixtures. I have learned and gain so much knowledge regarding products testings or troubleshooting.
good place to work too bad they out sorced
set up/material handeler and maintenance (Former Employee) –  Sheboygan, WIMarch 7, 2016
head quarters in Brookfield but production went to china and mexico. I like the injection molding, willing to go on to school for industrial maintenance, being a dislocated worker I have the option
Great Work Environment
Business Intern (Former Employee) –  Berwyn, PAFebruary 14, 2016
I had an outstanding experience at AMETEK, Inc. You can tell they take their hiring process extremely serious by the quality of the employees. Everyone is very dedicated and devoted to doing their job to the highest of their abilities.
Builder (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJanuary 19, 2016
Loved working here typical warehouse environment management was serious about safety and if anything arose was quickly taken care of economy took a dip so there where layoffs but other than that great place to work everybody looked after each other like a family recommend this place to anybody
Pros
great work place good wages
Cons
production layoffs
Productive and enjoyable we all have fun.
Solder/Production operator (Former Employee) –  Binghamton, NYNovember 18, 2015
I enjoy working there and my co-workers and management are easy to work with. I enjoy learning new jobs as they come on to the floor. It's not a hard job at all.
Pros
we can have water at our bench
New Experiences
temporary warehouse worker (Former Employee) –  Whitsett, NCNovember 12, 2015
A new learning experience with much diversity, trainers were more than happy to teach and balanced between being patient but also making such productivity was never a issue with keeping up with.
Fast pace, high stress
Factory Manager (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 2, 2015
Good company overall, strives for operational excellence, enforces high safety policies. Supports community services. Employees are skillful and loyal.
Typical Assembly Company
Customer Service/Assembler (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 22, 2015
Nothing to exciting it's your typical assembly environment. Benefits are okay. Some people are either really friendly and happy or really quiet and awkward. Most folks here are 40 and over. The managers are pretty flexible when it comes to doctor appointments or emergencies.
Pros
Benefits, Work schedule, Overtime
Cons
Pay Rate, Management.
Work
Engineer I (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKOctober 16, 2015
My normal day starts with checking for shop issues which can be found under NCRs or in our Quarantine List. I typically will try to resolve any problems the shop is having while teaching the new intern. After this is complete I return to my NPD, DER, and other smaller projects until some one needs something. I am on of the go to people for answering customer questions, answering or finding documents for customer service, answer shop questions. Throughout the day I help any body from the shop, customer service, quality, the other engineers, and interns. I assist with what ever needs to be completed and I am normally given task that are HOT. I enjoy having the variety of things to do as it keeps me constantly learning and busy.
Pros
Variety of work, benefits, compensation
Cons
I enjoyed my time with Ametek
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MNOctober 4, 2015
Each day at work was a busy day. I learned and developed a new set of skills with Ametek. Management did not have easy task and the enviroment at times was not a comfortable one. The hardest part of this job was dealing with day to day issues amongst employees that would go unresolved. I enjoyed the time and most of the personel I worked with.
Lead Person (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJuly 13, 2015
Management only cared about the bottom line,money. They treated you like a number,not a name. If you didn't work as fast as they saw fit, you were mistreated.
Pros
Paid decent money.
Cons
Seems like spur of the moment crisis was very frequent there.
hard work no company loalty to employees
Senior Electronic Technician (Former Employee) –  Peck, MIMay 15, 2015
When I first started there was a need for organization of equipment and repair units. The work area was not organized in a useable environment. Customer units were lost or misplaced and some had to be replaced at companies cost. I organized and moved several shelving units into place for storage and maintained and monitoring repaired units and their return to customers.
Organized work area and ensured its cleanliness. I had to develop trouble shooting and repair guides as well as trained manufacturing in soldering technics. Worked close with QA to insure quality products was sent to customer.
I and 3 other persons above the age of 58 was laid off.
I worked for 5 years and the others for over 30 years each.
Loyalty is not part of the ametek traits
Pros
vacation and time off
Cons
no loalty
Good place to work, culture very nice
Manufacturing Engineer (Former Employee) –  Broken Arrow, OKMarch 5, 2015
Great place to work. Culture is family like despite being owned by a global corporation. Would still be there if I could. Would go back if ask to. Lay off was for legitimate industry slow down.
Pros
great culture, nice people, accomodate special needs
Cons
some old culture tends to resist new employees, but nothing that cannot be overcome.
Good company to work fora!
MECHANICAL DESIGNER (Former Employee) –  NEWARK, DEFebruary 10, 2015
Great place to work . They treated with respect and total kindness.
Did not give me more work than I could handle.
No pressure to get work done.
Pros
great atmosphere
My time here at Ametek
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Columbus OhioJanuary 21, 2015
I have been at Ametek for the last 32 years. I started when I was 18. I have learned about every skill on the floor. Wiring, Sheet Metal Fabricating, QC inspection. I helped write the first QC Manual.
I have also been out in the field many times to assist in installing and repairing our equipment.
I also have work on six sigma projects and I am a ISO-Auditor.
I love a challenge and do not mind long hours.
Pros
pay, retirment, medical
Cons
i am about as far as i can go
Good company, limited market share in North America
Sales Engineer (Former Employee) –  Gastonia, NCJanuary 8, 2015
General cold calling for business development, very specialize product offering with specific application demand, limited distribution, primary OEM,s drive sales, key account management and support is essential for core sales goals.
i already did this
Manufacturing Associate (Current Employee) –  New Bedford, MAAugust 23, 2014
its an ok place to be if you enjoy the manufacturing setting.
Environment laced with fear an intimidation from both management and the union.
Human Resource Payroll (Former Employee) –  Wapakoneta, OHAugust 23, 2014
Company has many long term employees that are union. These folks have no idea what real work is as they sit around most days at picnic tables while management allows this.
management is afraid to task the union with making employees work.
Truly sad on both sides.
Pros
can be a long term job if you know the plant manager and are from the wapakoneta area.
Cons
not really an experience i want to repeat.
Co-workers are easy to get along with. Management is approachable
Electrical Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Nesquehoning, PAJuly 21, 2014
Co-workers are easy to get along with. Management is approachable.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
distance is too far from home
productive, fun place
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJune 23, 2014
Overall fun place to work with, co-workers are easy to get along with.
Cons
hard to move up