AMETEK Employee Reviews

Great Down to earth people
Assembly Technician (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYFebruary 9, 2017
I worked there as a temp but in that time they treated me amazing.. Management is great and they are always doing activities for their employees
Pros
Good compensation, work environment, people
Cons
I didnt see any cons
Good company
Product Support Administrator (Current Employee) –  Woodstock, NYSeptember 13, 2016
Ametek has provided myself and my husband with careers which allowed us to raise our 4 children and live comfortably. The benefits are great and the company is very good.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Looking to change careers
Ametek SCI a good place to work
Field Service Engineer / Technical Trainer (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 23, 2016
Ametek SCI is a very good place to work, the management is good and the product is excellent. The pace is some what demanding with little at home time. The company is growing and going through some growing pains, they are figuring out how to handle the growth. How ever they are very tight on giving merit raises.
Pros
Growing company
Cons
Very heavy travel, no merit raises
easy work
Assemblier (Current Employee) –  Montevideo, MNJune 1, 2016
7 days a week with a freeze on PTO If you are looking for over time, this is the company to work for. You won't be informed about mandatory overtime on weekends til late thursday or perhaps friday mornig. there goes family plans.
Pros
the work is easy
Cons
7 days a week
Ametek is a technology holding company ... thats about it
Project Electronics Design Engineer (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMay 18, 2016
I know about Ametek P&I, very little innovation, mostly sustaining engineering work, everybody looks like the are busy wearing many hats but there are rarely new projects to work on.

they removed that fat in the 90s and now there is barely any bone left, they changed cleaning companies about 6 times to cut cost and almost got to the point of bringing your own toilet paper.

I was recently laid off from there, so maybe I am still sour, but read the other reviews. Forget advancement if you are in a technical role, its a big old boy network, they do bend over for customers, alot way too much if you ask me. The customer can say the sky is green in Ametek would say yes.

They will not lay you off if you are entrenched in a product (for the most part) because you will be the sole project everything (service, sustaining, manager, manufacturer ... etc).

also, big on CYA, from the CEO all the way down to the lowest level. Also, they like to throw people under the bus, and very little open and honest communications.
Pros
if you are part of old boy network then you will be almost guaranteed employment, thats about it.
Cons
many to count in a single line.
Great company overall
Sales Engineer (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIMarch 29, 2016
Great in every way - pay, benefits, management, work-life balance, co-workers. However, lateral and upward mobility are difficult.
Productive and Challenging
Electronic Technician (Current Employee) –  West Chicago, ILMarch 9, 2016
Most of the time I am responsible for incoming products which need to be repaired and returned or evaluation to find out the root cause of the products. I do a lot of testing for productions before products go to customers. I am really good at soldering regardless of surface mount or through hole. I build and enhance test fixtures. I have learned and gain so much knowledge regarding products testings or troubleshooting.
good place to work too bad they out sorced
set up/material handeler and maintenance (Former Employee) –  Sheboygan, WIMarch 7, 2016
head quarters in Brookfield but production went to china and mexico. I like the injection molding, willing to go on to school for industrial maintenance, being a dislocated worker I have the option
Great Work Environment
Business Intern (Former Employee) –  Berwyn, PAFebruary 14, 2016
I had an outstanding experience at AMETEK, Inc. You can tell they take their hiring process extremely serious by the quality of the employees. Everyone is very dedicated and devoted to doing their job to the highest of their abilities.
Builder (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJanuary 19, 2016
Loved working here typical warehouse environment management was serious about safety and if anything arose was quickly taken care of economy took a dip so there where layoffs but other than that great place to work everybody looked after each other like a family recommend this place to anybody
Pros
great work place good wages
Cons
production layoffs
Productive and enjoyable we all have fun.
Solder/Production operator (Former Employee) –  Binghamton, NYNovember 18, 2015
I enjoy working there and my co-workers and management are easy to work with. I enjoy learning new jobs as they come on to the floor. It's not a hard job at all.
Pros
we can have water at our bench
New Experiences
temporary warehouse worker (Former Employee) –  Whitsett, NCNovember 12, 2015
A new learning experience with much diversity, trainers were more than happy to teach and balanced between being patient but also making such productivity was never a issue with keeping up with.
Fast pace, high stress
Factory Manager (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 2, 2015
Good company overall, strives for operational excellence, enforces high safety policies. Supports community services. Employees are skillful and loyal.
Typical Assembly Company
Customer Service/Assembler (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 22, 2015
Nothing to exciting it's your typical assembly environment. Benefits are okay. Some people are either really friendly and happy or really quiet and awkward. Most folks here are 40 and over. The managers are pretty flexible when it comes to doctor appointments or emergencies.
Pros
Benefits, Work schedule, Overtime
Cons
Pay Rate, Management.
Work
Engineer I (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKOctober 16, 2015
My normal day starts with checking for shop issues which can be found under NCRs or in our Quarantine List. I typically will try to resolve any problems the shop is having while teaching the new intern. After this is complete I return to my NPD, DER, and other smaller projects until some one needs something. I am on of the go to people for answering customer questions, answering or finding documents for customer service, answer shop questions. Throughout the day I help any body from the shop, customer service, quality, the other engineers, and interns. I assist with what ever needs to be completed and I am normally given task that are HOT. I enjoy having the variety of things to do as it keeps me constantly learning and busy.
Pros
Variety of work, benefits, compensation
Cons
I enjoyed my time with Ametek
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MNOctober 4, 2015
Each day at work was a busy day. I learned and developed a new set of skills with Ametek. Management did not have easy task and the enviroment at times was not a comfortable one. The hardest part of this job was dealing with day to day issues amongst employees that would go unresolved. I enjoyed the time and most of the personel I worked with.
Lead Person (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJuly 13, 2015
Management only cared about the bottom line,money. They treated you like a number,not a name. If you didn't work as fast as they saw fit, you were mistreated.
Pros
Paid decent money.
Cons
Seems like spur of the moment crisis was very frequent there.
hard work no company loalty to employees
Senior Electronic Technician (Former Employee) –  Peck, MIMay 15, 2015
When I first started there was a need for organization of equipment and repair units. The work area was not organized in a useable environment. Customer units were lost or misplaced and some had to be replaced at companies cost. I organized and moved several shelving units into place for storage and maintained and monitoring repaired units and their return to customers.
Organized work area and ensured its cleanliness. I had to develop trouble shooting and repair guides as well as trained manufacturing in soldering technics. Worked close with QA to insure quality products was sent to customer.
I and 3 other persons above the age of 58 was laid off.
I worked for 5 years and the others for over 30 years each.
Loyalty is not part of the ametek traits
Pros
vacation and time off
Cons
no loalty
Good place to work, culture very nice
Manufacturing Engineer (Former Employee) –  Broken Arrow, OKMarch 5, 2015
Great place to work. Culture is family like despite being owned by a global corporation. Would still be there if I could. Would go back if ask to. Lay off was for legitimate industry slow down.
Pros
Great culture, nice people, accomodate special needs
Cons
Some old culture tends to resist new employees, but nothing that cannot be overcome.
Good company to work fora!
MECHANICAL DESIGNER (Former Employee) –  NEWARK, DEFebruary 10, 2015
Great place to work . They treated with respect and total kindness.
Did not give me more work than I could handle.
No pressure to get work done.
Pros
great atmosphere
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AMETEK. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval