AMF BOWLING CENTERS

AMF BOWLING CENTERS Employer Reviews

Typical Hospitality
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Lyons, ILJanuary 13, 2014
Pros: bonus, opportunity for advancement, fun work environment
Cons: have to partake in companies wellness plan or you have to pay a higher premium, normal cons with any other company occur here
It is your typical hospitality job in the family entertainment industry. You will work many days and long hours at times. The bonus program along with opportunity for advancement are the main motivators for managers to want to succeed and help their team. I enjoy it at times and dislike it at times just like anyone with their job. If you do not have – more... a District Manager or General Manager that praises you for your work it is not that pleasant, however with the companies restructuring it has gotten better and my District Manager is one of my favorites I have had out of any company so far. – less
needs improvement
Assistant Manager/ Food and Beverage Manager (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKOctober 5, 2013
enjoyed very much the first year or so, culture changed during bankruptcy and buyout.
its more fun working for a bowling center
Cook (Current Employee), Mechanicsville, VASeptember 3, 2013
its a good learning process to me because i never work for a bowling center before and a great learning experience for me..
grill cook
grill cook (Former Employee), Jackson, MIJune 11, 2013
loved being a grill cook...really enjoyed meeting all the seasonal bowlers
Good job but hard to advance
Staff Member (Current Employee), Mesa, AZApril 23, 2013
This place is not for everyone. I grew up with bowling in my family. I have seen handfulls of people come in with no bowling experience and they did not last long.
work
shift leader (Former Employee), richmond vaApril 21, 2013
Every job has there ups and downs. A typical day be pretty busy or pretty slow.
Is was a job for the younger Me
Manager on Duty/Bartender/Mechanic (Former Employee), Bolingbrook, ILApril 4, 2013
In my time at AMF, I learned that the managers didn't get the support or the pay that was needed to run a bowling center.
great and fun place to work
Bartender to Desk Manager (Former Employee), Houston,TexasJanuary 23, 2013
Great and rewarding place to work every day was different great people i worked with
Good Place to work
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Euless, TXJanuary 22, 2013
Amf is a great place to work.
Management is easy to work with.
Hardest part of the job is dealing with unruly customers.
AMF Always Means Fun
Shift leader (Former Employee), Randallstown, MDOctober 21, 2012
Pros: family fun environment; sport arena; exercise; bowling tips
Cons: low wages, slow summer season-hours reduced, no benefits without full-time statis. manaement staff usually only full-time employees
I enjoyed the position as Shift Lead. This position makes you part of the management staff thereby given some responsibility in the absence of the GM or Asst GM. That charge put you in charge of opening and closing the center, completing paperwork and doing bank deposits and other management duties using company operating standards. The day may start – more... rather slow but could and would abruptly change; you had to change with it.
I appreciated the teamwork at this location. Customer service skills and your ability to work in fast paced environments were always challenged during busy times or shifts-usually evenings and weekends. Aside from the business it was an environment of fun for individuals there to improve their personal game of bowling, teams who fought to be in first place by seasons end or a family with friends to celebrate a child's birthday.The variied job functions as shift leader kept the boredom to a minimum.That I enjoyed. Busy...busy. But that was also the hardest part of the job-keeping a good, clean and safe and spirited environment, wages were not that great and slow to rise.
There was always room for improvement. There was always room for new ideas to bring new revenue especially during slower seasons.
I was introduced to P&L statements and other pertinent management records. – less
Loud, Fast paced environment for those looking to spend quality time with friends and family
Cook, Barback, Cocktail Waitress (Former Employee), Jackson, MIOctober 16, 2012
I thoroughly enjoyed working for the bowling center. I was trained in many different areas, meaning I got to jump around to different positions and it always kept work fun and interesting. Management was strong and determined, very organized and looked out for their guests best interests.
AMF is a good company to work for. It is a challange to provide 100% customer service.
Bowling Center Certified Manager (Former Employee), Chattanooga, TNAugust 26, 2012
Generally I worked 11:00 am till 10:00 pm. This is the bulk of the business, speaking of League and open bowling. This time allowed me to take care of Management duties and make a cold call outside. Evening I would see that all the Bowler's' were getting good service and having a good time.

I have learned that new customers are hard to get in the door. – more... With respect to this you have to be 100% with quality service.

If co workers are not comfortable with their job, training, wage, benefits, a good manamagent team, they will not produce.

The hardest part of the job is outside sales, showing people why they would have a good time on a continuous League schedule.

The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing the customer smile and having a good time. – less
Good experience
Bartender / Asst Center Manager (Former Employee), Thornton and LittletonAugust 20, 2012
Pros: great health insurance and training meetings
Cons: deception
I started with this organization as a bartender at center 295. Being rookie bowler, I really didn't know much about this sport. 295 was high energy, it had a established leagues during the fall and winter and volleyball leagues in the summer. after working as a bartender for approximately four months I was promoted to assistant center manager.This center – more... made enough revenue to support a full management staff. A few months went by in the position of assistant manager when I was transferred to center 432. This center business levels very low and struggling. The only reason I agreed to transfer to this property is the origination needed someone who was on salary. The origination wanted to eliminate hourly overtime. The hardest part of working for center 432 was they would hire a center manager, and they would ether get terminated or quit. This went on for over a year. They finely hired a center manager that worked for that center. I was going to transfer to another center as a lead, I ended up getting a job with courts. – less
Productive and fun workplace
Lane Attendant (Former Employee), Mineola, NYMay 21, 2012
The job was not very hard attending to consumers and their needs. I learned how a bowling alley is being operated through all areas of the work space. Management was very understanding but still ran a tight ship. The hardest part of the job was covering the whole building alone without any help. The most enjoyable part was interacting with consumers.
Okay place to be
Front Counter Attendant (Former Employee), Humble, TXApril 10, 2012
Pros: worked with school
Cons: no real opportunities to move up
The atmosphere was somewhat entertaining but the pay wasn't great and there weren't any opportunities to move up.
Enjoyable Family Center
Bartender/Lane Server (Former Employee), Littleton, COApril 8, 2012
Pros: got bartending experience
Cons: not enough hours
Enjoyed woking in the bar and the snack bar. The customers were great and watching people bowl individually as well as the leagues was great.
Hardest part of the job was the drive home from work around 2 am
Its a Fast Paced Entertainment Place
Desk attendant (Former Employee), Pinole,CaMarch 10, 2012
Pros: discounts on food and bowling.
Cons: not flexibale on hrs & not good training .
If your a fan of bowling , food , loud music and video games come to the bowling alley.