AMF Employee Reviews

Amf
Senior Recruiter/HR Generalist (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 21, 2017
Lots of hours (70+) when I was a General Manager.

Enjoyed working with the customers

Management was not the easiest to work with.

Low pay, and lots of hours.
Bygones..
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Northern CalifoniaJune 21, 2017
No work life balance, whatsoever. No employee appreciation, no adequate training provided, management is very much "do as I say, not as I do" type thing. In all fairness, there are some great people that work for this company, it's just a shame they all live/work in the Midwest where they actually treat their employees with dignity/respect. I worked in California where the upper level management doesn't care about the people, just the bottom line. My experience, except for the first 3 months, was horrific. I would almost rather work at McDonald's, truth be told. I legitimately feel sorry for anyone that works there now.
Pros
Free bowling..?
Cons
Everything else..
bad management
Kitchen cook/ Bartender (Former Employee) –  DeSoto, TXMay 5, 2017
environment was fun management was horrible. work was easy money sucked management had their favorites. pretty much able to do what you want depending on if he liked you or not. not likely to get alot of hours.
fun place to work for.
attendant (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INMay 3, 2017
Working at a bowling alley will always be fun, you get to know your regulars, you get free bowling, and you get some tips. The main complaints I had were the pay was low and you weren't able to work more than 30 hours unless your are a manager. The managers were all great people to work with and for, but the company left a bad taste in my mouth.
Pros
fun cheap lunches.
Cons
low pay, no benifits.
The management was very poor.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Auburn, ALMarch 22, 2017
The job itself was amazing, however management made it difficult. The staff was great to work with, but we never had real structure in the establishment.
Fun place to work
Server (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMarch 9, 2017
This was a part time serving job and it was fun yet busy at times. I loved my co workers. For being a server, people did not tip the greatest but it was what it was, a bowling alley. Too bad they had to close down.
Its a job
Shift Leader (Current Employee) –  Altamonte Springs, FLMarch 6, 2017
Nothing to brag about but it pays the bills.

Co-workers are nice and cool to work with. Some league bowling can get angry at you for know reason but it is what it is.
Fun Workplace for the most part
Manager (Former Employee) –  Humble, TXJanuary 26, 2017
Never a dull moment, there's always something to be done. The key is to always look busy, that way you will not get singled out/get asked to do some menial task.
loving
Cook/Server (Current Employee) –  East Meadow, NY 11554January 16, 2017
Working at amf is an adventurer. Somedays in the snackbar you will lack team support, which leave you ending up getting slammed with tons of food orders.
Cons
no breaks
great first time management job
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Cranston, RINovember 4, 2016
Position teaches fundamentals of management including but not limited to running the business side of things as well as on going customer service and satisfaction.

Want to know more about AMF?

Ask a question
Who cares, the place is closed
Head Bartender (Former Employee) –  Rolling Meadows, ILSeptember 9, 2016
The place is closed. This is a waste of my time. Dear god, why are you making me do this. I just want a job, stop making me do reviews of pertinently closed places.
Awful.
Food and Beverage Attendant (Former Employee) –  Utica, NYAugust 17, 2016
Working here was the worst experience of my life. A majority of the staff while I was there was rude and passive aggressive, the management is a joke and the lanes themselves are disgustingly dirty.
It is a fun place to work at
Front Desk Attendant - Cashier (Former Employee) –  Hemet, CAJune 17, 2016
I get to work with the customer and make sure that the the customer are doing great. I know how to my the customer happy to come to the bowling. I am help my co worker's out if they need my help. I do whatever I can to make the company run smoothly and make sure everyone is have fun. I love to work hard and do my very best at my job.
Pros
deals on bowling
Cons
shorts breaks
Energetic up-beat workplace
Attendant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX 77070June 9, 2016
It was a very fun and entertaining job that had its ups and downs, but the management wasn't very stable. I was in charge of checking customers out onto lanes and doing any other odd jobs the manager wanted me to do such as, help the kitchen or clean. The hardest part of my job was when it was busy, I had to keep my eye on every lane to make sure they were working properly.
Pros
Reduced meals
Cons
Very short breaks, change in managers frequently
bowling
Guest Relations and Reservations (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 14, 2016
working at the bowling was an adventure..learned how to manage reservations, deal with the public, transactions with different leagues, open play, etc..had a lot of fun with the staff, co-workers and of course free bowling
Pros
bowling
Cons
n/a
how it is
cashier/ cook (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAApril 25, 2016
well i would start the day by prepping for the day time rushes. well the management at this job was great well at-least the one who hired me was but they got a promoted and the other was not ready to be the head manager in my opinion. the manager did not know how to manage any of the day to day stuff like how many employees to have on a shaff nor how to do time sheets, that was the hardest part of this job not know if we would be working on the day schedule
Fun environment challenging company to work for.
General Manager (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 18, 2016
Really fun and satisfying day to day job. The company its self is really hard to work for due to the fact that no one seems to really know what is expected on a day to day basis. You can also expect to likely have your location sold or closed at a moments notice.
Pros
great people to work in and around
Cons
closing locations all across america
Fun and challenging job with great people
General Manager/District Training Manager (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTFebruary 17, 2016
Fun and challenging job with great people. Upper management has little use for the people that work for them. If you believe that you have an opinion or an idea that could help the company or your location keep it to your self.
Pros
Very regular fun customers.
Cons
Very little love from above.
Fun job, but not much future
Food and Beverage Attendant (Former Employee) –  Littleton, COFebruary 1, 2016
I loved working here, but it's really hard to advance. If you're looking to move up, it's probably not the job for you. Having the same customers made the job really fun, league bowlers are a riot. Late nights can be really hard, but it tends to go quickly.
Pros
Regular customers, fun environment, cheap bowling
Cons
Short breaks, no advancement
not your typical bowling center
various (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 10, 2015
If you would like a "cross-country" type of job which needs athleticism, mathematics, customer science, and excellent property knowledge..then seek this employer first. You will get a bonus by getting treated like you are worth in customer service.
Pros
cross training, upselling, marketing education, bowling education, certifications AMF, tips certification
Cons
Irs

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AMF. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9