AMF Employee Reviews

Who cares, the place is closed
Head Bartender (Former Employee) –  Rolling Meadows, ILSeptember 9, 2016
The place is closed. This is a waste of my time. Dear god, why are you making me do this. I just want a job, stop making me do reviews of pertinently closed places.
Awful.
Food and Beverage Attendant (Former Employee) –  Utica, NYAugust 17, 2016
Working here was the worst experience of my life. A majority of the staff while I was there was rude and passive aggressive, the management is a joke and the lanes themselves are disgustingly dirty.
It is a fun place to work at
Front Desk Attendant - Cashier (Former Employee) –  Hemet, CAJune 17, 2016
I get to work with the customer and make sure that the the customer are doing great. I know how to my the customer happy to come to the bowling. I am help my co worker's out if they need my help. I do whatever I can to make the company run smoothly and make sure everyone is have fun. I love to work hard and do my very best at my job.
Pros
deals on bowling
Cons
shorts breaks
Energetic up-beat workplace
Attendant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX 77070June 9, 2016
It was a very fun and entertaining job that had its ups and downs, but the management wasn't very stable. I was in charge of checking customers out onto lanes and doing any other odd jobs the manager wanted me to do such as, help the kitchen or clean. The hardest part of my job was when it was busy, I had to keep my eye on every lane to make sure they were working properly.
Pros
Reduced meals
Cons
Very short breaks, change in managers frequently
bowling
Guest Relations and Reservations (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 14, 2016
working at the bowling was an adventure..learned how to manage reservations, deal with the public, transactions with different leagues, open play, etc..had a lot of fun with the staff, co-workers and of course free bowling
Pros
bowling
Cons
n/a
how it is
cashier/ cook (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAApril 25, 2016
well i would start the day by prepping for the day time rushes. well the management at this job was great well at-least the one who hired me was but they got a promoted and the other was not ready to be the head manager in my opinion. the manager did not know how to manage any of the day to day stuff like how many employees to have on a shaff nor how to do time sheets, that was the hardest part of this job not know if we would be working on the day schedule
Fun environment challenging company to work for.
General Manager (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 18, 2016
Really fun and satisfying day to day job. The company its self is really hard to work for due to the fact that no one seems to really know what is expected on a day to day basis. You can also expect to likely have your location sold or closed at a moments notice.
Pros
great people to work in and around
Cons
closing locations all across america
Fun and challenging job with great people
General Manager/District Training Manager (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTFebruary 17, 2016
Fun and challenging job with great people. Upper management has little use for the people that work for them. If you believe that you have an opinion or an idea that could help the company or your location keep it to your self.
Pros
Very regular fun customers.
Cons
Very little love from above.
Fun job, but not much future
Food and Beverage Attendant (Former Employee) –  Littleton, COFebruary 1, 2016
I loved working here, but it's really hard to advance. If you're looking to move up, it's probably not the job for you. Having the same customers made the job really fun, league bowlers are a riot. Late nights can be really hard, but it tends to go quickly.
Pros
Regular customers, fun environment, cheap bowling
Cons
Short breaks, no advancement
not your typical bowling center
various (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 10, 2015
If you would like a "cross-country" type of job which needs athleticism, mathematics, customer science, and excellent property knowledge..then seek this employer first. You will get a bonus by getting treated like you are worth in customer service.
Pros
cross training, upselling, marketing education, bowling education, certifications AMF, tips certification
Cons
IRS
bowling
Guest Relations and Reservations (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 20, 2015
this field, got the ability to work in the bowling industry.. worked as a porter then moved up to front desk...staff was very helpful and fun to work with...it was basically easy & nothing hard about it..i truly loved working with different leagues & taking reservations as a front desk worker
Pros
got discounts on bowling
Cons
n/a
Horrible place to work where you are treated like trash.
Mardi Gras Lanes Head Bartender (Former Employee) –  Sacramento CAApril 18, 2015
On a normal day you would go through a rough rough day. You wouldn't have enough staff to cover the center and they are unwilling to call anyone in. I worked with company for over three years and have had 4 GM's. AMF BOWLMOR only care about money. Not their employees or their bowlers. It all about money. If I could give this place 0 stars I would have.
Pros
Leaving
Fun Place to work!
Facility Manager (Former Employee) –  San JuanMarch 23, 2015
You will love to work in here, management is great!!! You learn a lot and can apply for promotions real fast. I highly recomend this company.
Long Days with a range of duties.
General Manager & Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXFebruary 3, 2015
Dealt with a wide variety of customers, employees and partnered companies.Gender bias influenced many business decisions from upper management and other leadership roles.
Pros
great opportunities to grow with the company.
Cons
business mentality gender biased.
it paid the bills
Mechanic, Grounds Maintenance and Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Denver CoDecember 22, 2014
not too bad if you like working nights. not the worst job i ever had
Pros
cheap bowling - good people
Cons
no health for partite employees
Very entertaining
Program Director/Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VANovember 26, 2014
It was a very entertaining job. Loved the people, loved the atmosphere, and loved the people I worked with. The hours were long but the job was very fulfilling. My family loved that they could come to work and see me plus have fun their selves. This is a job I would consider going back to in the future.
Goldman Sachs AMF was very different
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, CTOctober 9, 2014
During my time at AMF, Goldman Sachs owned the company. I started as an assistant going out to solicit businesses for corporate parties. After a few months, I became a front desk employee. After 6 months, I was offered Assistant Manager position. This position allowed me to learn and grow. I stepped down from the position when summer began, and I was ask to work seven days a week without a pay raise.
Pros
ability to move up in the company
Cons
low pay
Disorganization
FOOD AND BEVERAGE DIRECTOR/ OPERATIONS MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 30, 2014
Hours sucked. Upper management did not support you unless only to back stab you.
Pros
good money
Cons
horrible upper management
Food and Beverage Manager (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCSeptember 13, 2014
Greqt place to work, fun environment, but the pay is minimum wage
normal day of work
Desk Clerk - Part Time (Former Employee) –  Woodside, NYSeptember 11, 2014
If you don't mind standing then its good for you because you do stand alot.but, its a good starting job.