AMG Specialty Hospital Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
Work
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSSeptember 7, 2017
I felt like the management team did not care about the employees at all. 12 hour shifts turned quickly into 15 and 16 hour days. Completely paper charting makes for a long work day and time consuming.
it is not a good place to work
Plant Operations Director/ Warehouse Director (Former Employee) –  Houma, LAJuly 24, 2017
the building is only 10 years old. And everything is breaking and I did not have the proper funding to fix it. And the CEO is running it into the ground.
Pros
Cons
decent health insurance
good place to work
Chief Clinical Officer (Current Employee) –  Denham Springs, LAJuly 17, 2017
I served as the chief clinical officer. Responsibilities include managing all clinical services. Participate in all executive leadership activities to include MEC and Governing Board.
Great expeirence
Nurse Assistant ? wund care tech (Former Employee) –  Edmond, OK 73034July 10, 2017
I loved working at amg as a can. I loved helping people and the nurses there were amazing. I was there for 3 years and I enjoyed every year it. I didn't not like working 12 hour shifts.
Amazing employees
Dietary Aide/Cook (Former Employee) –  Houma, LAJuly 5, 2017
This was the best and most close knit hospital I've ever had the pleasure of working for. They truly care about their employees and it shows through the smiles and good attitudes of everyone in the building.
productive
Certified Dietary Manager (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAJune 14, 2017
productive place to have worked enjoyed working with fellow coworkers management team was awesome to know and learn from.
would have loved the opportunity to retire here.
Productive and supportive workplace.
Internship (Former Employee) –  Denham Springs, LAJune 11, 2017
Each day had a standard flow except on Fridays which were business casual and activities were more relaxed for patients. I learned to be consistent in my approach with the psychiatric patients and how to handle myself around the patients. Management was the best I have had the pleasure to work with in my lifetime. The culture is much like what would be experienced at a standard hospital. The hardest part of the job was keeping up with patient needs. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing patients who wanted to go back into society be productive for as long as they possibly could before they came back to the facility.
Excellent company
CEO (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJune 5, 2017
Great company. The leadership is excellent. Working with professional counterparts committed to patient care. Corporate quality focus in number on priority.
Hard as I dnt kno what
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  LouisianaJune 4, 2017
The nurses are great to work with and all the aids. I just don't like how they just throw you in there well maybe with the certain people they put you with and you dnt learn anything.
Pros
Cons
The long
do not wish to review
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Houma, LAMay 24, 2017
i do not wish to review this hospital at this time. i am a bit annoyed that i am required to review a place of employment without the option to skip the review. my personal information is not included on this review but the company can easily figure out who wrote the review. thus making being honest on this review very hard. i would love to share my experience to help potential employees get the picture as to what goes on there. this is not the time, and should not be required by indeed.
Good company to work for.
LPN Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMMay 8, 2017
I enjoy the face to face contact with the patients. AMG specialty hospital has a great leadership team. I wish the company was in Colorado. Case management can be a little challenging at times but at the same time very rewarding, knowning you have helped a patient and there fame progress forward with there life.
Pros
Liked the hours
Cons
Too much gossip
poor staffing
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMay 4, 2017
Very caustic workplace environment. Upper management does not support staff. I was very unhappy with AMG and the treatment of employees. Volatile work environment.
Workplace
Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKApril 5, 2017
AMG is a place to work. You regularly go in and work. It is an experience in working. Some days are better than others. Some days are worse. I don't want to work there anymore.
Not the best place to work
Telemetry Tech/ Unit Clerk (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 9, 2017
Long hours and no support staff. Night shift is the worst. 12 hour shifts with only one 30 minute break. No coverage when you need a day off. RN's call out all the time.
Good place to work.
Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  Muncie, INNovember 2, 2016
Wonderful people to work with, love my manager of respiratory dept. I start my day off getting report on my patients . I usually have several trached pts and some are on trach collars or vents. I start my rounds with vent checks and tx and then oral care . I then check the settings on each of my patients and assess each pt so I can have a idea of how they are. I continue with checks all nite long that are Q2 and suction and monitor. I check charts and write paper work up for the following day. I communicate with nursing and we work togeather to mange our patients. I also have patients who are not trached and we also manage their care. We work as a group on nights and that makes a great impact on our patient care.
great place to work
LTACH (Current Employee) –  Tulsa,OKOctober 27, 2016
great place to work for.
utilized a lot of nursing skills
talk with physicians
friendly staff
medication administration
Not worth risking your professional license
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Muncie, INSeptember 8, 2016
I'm a seasoned nurse 10 plus years experience 7 plus year ltac experience. Trust me when I say you won't be doing yourself any favors working here. I only worked there for 4 months and have never had such an awful experience in my nursing career. If I only knew then what I know now could have saved myself a lot of pain and misery and never accepted the job. I saw plenty of staff leave due to being extremely overworked, which is the reason I left. Im only writing this so that I might be able to help another nurse. A typical day including taking care of patients that are at icu level acuity so staffing ratios do not reflect this and are very unsafe you'll have 5 plus pt on your assignment on a unit with 30 plus beds and sometimes they only staff 1 cna so you'll have primary care. If you ask for help you will receive zero support or teamwork from your coworkers. I spoke to management (cco and other nurse supravisors) a number of times regarding this and was repeatedly told "do the best you can." I mean seriously I've never encountered such terrible managers in my life. Every other ltac I've ever work at if nurses were having a busy assisments and needed help we pooled together and helped each other even the cco and other office nurses were right there working right along side you or the assisments was changed to reflect the new acuity level. None of this happens here, a few coworker I could count on we would help each other out and say the same thing glad your working today at least I know I can count on someone to not yell at me for needing anything. Because clearly having 8 pt  more... and 3 primary care asking for anything or anyone to help is clearly asking for to much. (They do that a lot here yelling and screaming at staff all the time made me sick to my stomach). When the few coworkers that I could count on that helped and be team players left I followed suit I stayed a lot longer then I should have, I kept thinking things would get better and they never did. I've never posted a review about a job before but I can't stand by and not say anything if this helps anyone it would have been worth it.  less
Pros
Cell phone plan discount 25%
Cons
Staffing ratios
Busy most days but very enjoyable
Materials Manager (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKAugust 17, 2016
There are unique challenges working at a Long Term Accute Care facility. There is all ways something different about each day and each patient that the staff cares for.
If you like cliques this is the place for you.
LPN (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSAugust 16, 2016
Job wise it's a dream. Co-workers act like they're still in high school. If you don't fit into their clique they'll
try to make you feel inadequate.
Pros
Diversity of patients and skill level
Cons
Paper charting and co-workers that like to bully new staff
I was a unit clerk I helped the Doctors and Nures with patient charts and order labs that they needed done. I dealt with a lot of differnt people.
Receptionist/Front Office/Staffing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Edmond, OKJuly 19, 2016
I was the back bone for the medical staff I had to make sure that the medical records was in the chart in the right order. I had to multi task from answering the phone to scanning records and faxing orders to the pharmacy to ordering test that needed to be done. Handling the need of our patients family if I could or find someone that could.
Then I was promoted to Staffing Coordinator I staffed the hospital with our nurses and if I had to out source I would. I scheduled the vacations and time off found staff to fill those slots that was open. I worked very close with the CCO.
Pros
had room for advancement
Cons
was on call 24 hours a day 7 days a week

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AMG Specialty Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

AMG Specialty Hospital Reviews by Location