AMG Specialty Hospital Employee Reviews in United States

This place has gone down
Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, LA Park PlaceMarch 10, 2016
This place is complete chaos. Management sucks and there's people there that haven't received a raise in years. I have never worked somewhere where nothing is organized. Management is concerned more about money than patient care. They do not value their employees either. The turnover is horrible but no one is fixing the problem.
Pros
Taking care of patients
Cons
Almost everything
I was a unit clerk I helped the Doctors and Nures with patient charts and order labs that they needed done. I dealt with a lot of differnt people.
Receptionist/Front Office/Staffing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Edmond, OKJuly 19, 2016
I was the back bone for the medical staff I had to make sure that the medical records was in the chart in the right order. I had to multi task from answering the phone to scanning records and faxing orders to the pharmacy to ordering test that needed to be done. Handling the need of our patients family if I could or find someone that could.
Then I was promoted to Staffing Coordinator I staffed the hospital with our nurses and if I had to out source I would. I scheduled the vacations and time off found staff to fill those slots that was open. I worked very close with the CCO.
Pros
had room for advancement
Cons
was on call 24 hours a day 7 days a week
It was a very welcomng, comfortable work environtment.
Environmental Services (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMay 12, 2016
I appreciated the schedule and division of the workload between the housekeepers. Having a set routine for how the hospital needs to be cleaned made the day fly by. I was able to learn new more efficient ways of cleaning and handling chemicals or cleaning supplies. The most enjoyable part of working for this company has nothing to do with the actual "WORK", AMG being a specialty hospital, holds patients an average of 28 days so patients (and staff) normally become familiar with one another and the vibes are almost always warm and welcoming. The VERY best part of the job is being thanked and appreciated by the patients and visitors for doing my job to the fullest; and even when it goes unnoticed or acknowledged I enjoy the structure of the work.
Great team player
Document and assist in unit record (Current Employee) –  Greenwood, MSNovember 6, 2015
everyone helps each other
pay is great
benefits are great
they appreciate their CNAS
love working for this company
DON is great player
benefits
Cons
not enough hours
a knowledgeable work enviroment
LPN (Current Employee) –  Muncie, INMay 31, 2016
12 hour shifts, daily learning. As a nurse you continue to learn on the job. Mngmnt is o.k. sometimes difficult to communicate with. Co workers are what they are, sometimes they can be helpful and some days the work load can be difficult and everyone is busy with their own pt's. The hardest part is trying your best and still the outcome is negative with the pt's. The most enjoyable part is watching someone come in in bad shape and then over time watch them improve and able to leave on their own or with family.
Great learning experience
LPN (Current Employee) –  LAFAYETTEJune 4, 2015
This was my first nursing job and where I learned the most about the art of nursing. I was able to hone many essential nursing skills that made me the confident and competent care provider I feel I am today. The management was excellent, and very approachable. They performed their roles very responsibly and always took time to give any employee their complete attention when presented with an issue. I couldn't ask for a better DON or Human Resources director during my time there. The workload was challenging at times but the management was understanding and always did their best with the given circumstances. My coworkers were great as well and the teamwork made a challenging patient assignment possible. The nurses looked out for on another and were great about helping out others with their patient load. The CNAs were always quick to lend a hand and went above and beyond to make the patients and family feel comfortable. I am truly thankful for my experience here and wish the company and its great employees all the best.
Pros
Accurate online program to track earnings, Helpful Staff, friendly environment, Wise and experienced Charge Nurses, Good Benefits, Competitive Pay
Cons
High patient to staff ratios
Poor Management
Med Surg/ ICU LPN (Former Employee) –  Edmond, OKMay 16, 2016
When I worked at the facility the upper management was constantly changing. There was no guidance and the company really didn't seem to care about the stress the employees had. The work environment was poor and the attitudes of a lot of the workers was also poor. There were times that I would have seven patients and other times I would have five or six patients without a CNA. I did learn a lot of skills at the facility but that was about it.
Pros
nursing skills
Cons
Poor management
Horrible company to work for
Registered nurse (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMarch 25, 2014
This company has horrible benefits, so if you have a family I wouldn't bother applying. Keep your opinions to yourself; when you express your opinions or frustrations, you might find yourself without a job. CNA's have 10-14 patients, and nurses have 6-7 patients. Staffing ratios are unsafe. Leadership was non-existent and very unsupportive. Disorganized and chaotic! Do not go to work for this company, I did not feel valued or supported in any way.
Pros
no pros
Cons
poor benefits and poor staffing ratios
Productive work place
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSOctober 23, 2015
I loved working there, but there was a huge lack of communication with the pharmacy employees. Personnel was very friendly and took really great care of their patients.
Pros
very team oriented
Cons
poor management
Very Busy
Director of Plant Operations (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMOctober 21, 2015
Maintained and fixed all physical operations of the facility. Overseer of safety program. Scheduled and managed any outside contractors. Negotiated contracts for purchasing.
Pros
Great management team
Cons
Change in ownership
Feels Like a Family
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bogalusa, LAAugust 4, 2015
I feel like I have gained a family working here. The staff is so welcoming and compassionate, and truly band together in times of difficulty. We love our patients, and treat them with the same love and respect as one of our own.
Pros
Awesome Co-Workers
Cons
Very Rural Area
fast paced and something different
Prep Cook (Current Employee) –  edmond,okJuly 16, 2015
I was responsible for the morning prep, preparing meals to be taken to patient rooms, also maintaining a clean working environment where the food is prepared.
i miss working for this company
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Houma, LAMay 20, 2015
i miss working for this company. the work place was always giving the feeling of stress free. the team work was amazing. the days went by fast.
Stable company with room for improvement in upper management.
Infection Control Coordinator/Employee Health/U.R. (Current Employee) –  Slidell, LAMarch 24, 2014
I have only been here for a little over 6 months, so I'm giving this company at least a year to have a better experience with the over all expectations I have.
Pros
friendly co-workers.
Cons
more direction and involvement from upper management.
Busy hands on work place, fast paced
Housekeeper and Medical Records (Current Employee) –  Denham Springs, LaJanuary 28, 2014
Breaking down charts, scanning patient information, faxing, responding to calls, making sure all patients are placed in the computer correctly, making doctors and nurses document properly, order supplies, filing charts, checking documentation on doctors, cleaning patients rooms, maintain a clean facility, and restock supplies.
...
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Edmond, okNovember 15, 2014
Worked there for two years and learned a lot in the time spent there.
Awesome Hospital
Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Houma, LAApril 17, 2014
The workers taught us students many new things and i enjoyed my clinical experience with them
Workplace
CNA (Former Employee) –  Houma, LAMay 12, 2014
I loved my job as as CNA, but I did not agree with a lot of stuff that went on at the hospital.
Good workplace
Certified Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Denham Springs, LAMay 22, 2013
Good workplace, Friendly co-workers, Nice facility, assist patients with AM care

AMG Specialty Hospital Reviews by Location