AMGEN INC

AMGEN INC Employee Reviews

short contract position
Material Handler (Former Employee), Woburn, MAJuly 13, 2015
Pros: close to home
Cons: poor respect from some Amgen employees towards contracters.
close to home , very nice to work except for a few of the Amgen employeees . Some thought that they were great and they have a habit of treating outsiders(contracters) very poorly or look down upon them .
A lot of nice people
Facilities (Former Employee), Thousand Oaks, CAMay 26, 2015
Pros: Co-workers, benefits, bonuses
Cons: Hours, bad managerial decisions at times
Nice to work for a company that helps patients improve their quality of life. Our director chose our manager out of convenience and did't take the time to see if it was the right pick for our team. Now we are paying for it by being micro-managed, belittled and our schedule being turned upside down.
Great place to work before restructuring
PRINCIPAL SCIENTIST (Former Employee), SeattleMay 16, 2015
Fast paced, stressful, team-based environment. Quite a bit of politics and red-tape and never ending resource constraints even though the CEO's compensation is huge and unjustified. Lack of a clear mission in R&D and poor management have made the company too risk averse.
good pay
Manufacturing Associate (Former Employee), West Greenwich, RIMay 15, 2015
Pros: good pay
Cons: no room for advancement
lots of favoritism, if you don't have a college degree eventually you will be gone,all work going overseas,other than those things they pay well
Great place, great people
Contract Programmer (Former Employee), Thousand Oaks, CAMarch 7, 2015
Fantastic place to work. The goals are set reasonably and the developers are given a lot of flexibility in setting their own pace in meeting the goal.
Great employer until restructuring and downsizing began
Administrative (Former Employee), Thousand Oaks, CAFebruary 26, 2015
Top talent, but environment uncertain due to layoffs and voluntary packages. Signs of buy out or big pharma acquisition.
Great work environment
QAL-Micro Analyst (Former Employee), Boulder CoFebruary 5, 2015
This was a short term contract. Great oppotunity with training and personnal building. Good work environment, unfortunate to see them leave.
A great place to learn and develop.
Director of Global Patient Safety (Current Employee), Thousand Oaks, CAJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: great total benefit package
Cons: poor work life balance
I learned a tremendous amount about the pharma industry and global regulatory requirements while working for Amgen.
I enjoyed working with a group of hard working, quality driven individuals who took pride in their work and loved working for Amgen.
I like the fact that everyday was different and I loved being able to be part of the process to make sure that the excellent products we made were available to the patients who needed them.
Productive workplace
Senior Associate Scientist (Former Employee), Seattle, WAJanuary 21, 2015
A company with deep pipeline. Good compensation and benefits.
Outstanding Company
Manager Manufacturing (Former Employee), Longmont, COJanuary 18, 2015
Pros: top-shelf benefits, outstanding pay, performance-driven managers, rewarding career
Cons: off-hours work at times
I was a production manager for the cell culture group, managing and performing operations in a cGMP clean room environment at their EPO plant. I learned valuable skills in teamwork, science-based/fact-based decision-making, leadership, the CHO manufacturing process including scale-up/fermentation, and the value of hard work and determination. My co-workers exemplified the values that the company strives for, and were an all-around talented group of people. The most difficult part of the job was the long hours and off-shift work at times, but personal preference was frequently awarded and always considered. The best part of the job is hard to narrow down: the people, the company benefits, and the intrinsically rewarding work, were all at the top of the list.
Good place to work with excellent benefits
Senior Associate Scientist (Current Employee), Thousand Oaks CAJanuary 16, 2015
This company provides great benefits and I have had a great work life balance. I have learned alot about the biotechnology field in the last 10 years. My co-workers are fantastic and each of us help to get the job done.
The most enjoyable part of the job is the freedom to innovate to improve efficiancy.
Good
Project Manager - Multiple Projects (Current Employee), Thousand Oaks, CADecember 11, 2014
I liked the company, culture, location and work ethics of people who worked with me. People are driven to do more and do better. A good place to wor, grow and retire. I was there with a Tata consulting Services, so I will be moving to another client.
Good company with great perks but with distractions (corp restructuring)
Business Analyst (Current Employee), Thousand OaksOctober 26, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Company in middle of transitioning to focus on bottom line (shared services, releveling, layoffs). Lost focus on its core mission I believe. Even after DAI, no one wants to make tough decisions, those needing to be informed aren't, those that need to advise aren't always the right ones. Amgen had already changed significantly in the last 10 years. It will be totally different again in the next 10 as well.
Highly productive and competitive
Senior Associate Scientist (Current Employee), Seattle, WAOctober 13, 2014
Pros: professional and benefits
Cons: employees are expendable; work is outsourced to cheaper labor
Great place to work until the new CEO took over 2 years ago. Now employees are a number. The Corporate focus is all business (stock prices and share holders) rather than patients and R&D.
Poor
Associate Scientist, Cell Culture and Technology (Current Employee), Seattle, WASeptember 15, 2014
Pros: vacation time, pay
Cons: no job security, and you are treated like a machine, not a person
Good pay, benefits, and if you get a good manager, good balance. High stress environment, you are a number, not a person, and totally expendable. There is no relationship between your contributions and how you help the company advance and your job security. It used to be a really great place to work but over the years the benefits have steadily declined. I enjoy my job and the people I work with a lot, but decisions are made by senior management that are not even local and don't know us and clearly don't care about us and our lives. Decisions are not thought out well, but seem spontaneous and ill-conceived - almost made on a whim. Very volatile work place as far as job security.
Sales Management for Biotech industry
District Sales Manager - Bone Health Unit, TN (Current Employee), WV, WV and TNAugust 26, 2014
I am currently a district sales manager with Amgen in our Bone Health division.
Challenging, fun, demanding
Security Supervisor, Global Communications (Current Employee), Seattle, WAAugust 22, 2014
Pros: close to home, free parking, hours available
Cons: scheduling, not enough people
This job is amazing, lucky to have my first supervisor position here. The company, Amgen, is great. My company, Securitas, is one of the better security companies I've been with. However, Amgen is closing their Seattle, Colorado, and Bothell sites so I'm looking to relocate into a postion closer to my degree.
Great company at excellent location
Senior Scientist (Current Employee), Cambridge, MAAugust 20, 2014
Amgen is a good company to work for. Talented scientists, solid science, nice benefits
What a great Company to work for.
QC Microbiology Sr. Associate (Former Employee), Longmont, COAugust 1, 2014
Pros: great benefits, bonuses, and pay
Cons: long hours sometimes unplanned.
The only thing that brings the rating down is the fact that Amgen Inc is down-sizing and the job security was not rated very well. I had worked for this company through Lancaster Laboratories once before and was very fortunate to be able to work there again as a full time employee. My coworkers were all top notch employees and had a great wealth of knowledge. In my time there I quickly trained in and started performing water assays and sampling, environmental monitoring, culture maintenance, scheduling, and many more incidental duties. The potential for unplanned work was the hardest part of the job. Due to challenges arising during production there were days that I would be required to work up to a 16 hour day. The people there were great and I have several friends that I keep in touch with. This experience gave me a broad knowledge of QC in pharmaceutical microbiology.
Uncertainty
Senior Manager, Clinical Supply Chain (Current Employee), Thousand Oaks, CAJuly 30, 2014
Uncertain times at Amgen.

Company is making difficult decisions to advance itself to the next phase. Staff are expected to operate in a similar manner.

1 2 3 4