AMI

AMI Employer Reviews

nice place to work
Independent Contractor (Current Employee), Alexandria, VAMay 11, 2014
Pros: they always kept me working at all tim for three year
I had a good experience as an independent contractor. They always gave me work and were respectful to me.
Very productive staff and craftsman
Project Job Controller (Current Employee), Aiken, SCApril 15, 2014
Every day is similar yet different
I learned that working at a Department of Energy site is not the usual work place.
Safety top priority, as it should be.
Co workers are very loyal and trustworthy.
Getting changes orders approved in a reasonable time
Seeing and being part of a project that will help the environment and help dispose of materials that – more... are dangerous – less
Stable Job with low pay
Welder (Former Employee), Sault Ste Marie, MIFebruary 17, 2014
Pros: 40 hrs a week
Cons: management
10 hr shifts when ot is mandatory you dont have a life other then work for a month or more at a time
Very professional and fun environment
Inside Sales / Spot Rate Manager (Former Employee), Wood Dale, ILJanuary 17, 2014
It was a great experience working with the company. The company was a very fast paced position that required my full attention.
A job! But not a great one!
Manager/Maintenance (Former Employee), Prescott Valley, AZJanuary 3, 2014
Pros: helping customers, meeting new people, working outdoors.
Cons: auctions, collections, cleaning, tumbleweeds!
I worked for this company for 5 years and I would have to say it was one of the most stressful jobs I have ever had. The company had an extremely high turnover rate which speaks volumes about the upper management, pay scale, & work. Upper management always left your job description open ended, they did this so you couldn't refuse to perform any duties – more... they asked of you, even if they were above or below your skill set.

Micro managing was the main turn off! The company had some very talented and capable managers but they would never allow us to be managers. We had managers (including us) that had gone 4+ years without a salary increase and the bonus program program they had in place was discarded when the company decided they needed the money worse than their hard working employees.

I would like to also add this was the most disorganized company I have ever worked for. There was so much mismanagement and this added to the high stress and difficulty in doing a good job for the company and the customer.

A typical day @ work:

1. Open the office in the morning and do a "walk through or lot inspection."
2. Rent and clean units, RV sites, repair doors, clean, weed control (huge property), paperwork, make deposits, collections, etc.
3. Rent U-Haul Equipment
4. Marketing
5. Auctions
6. Corporate reporting
7. Smile for the camera! The cameras were there so corporate could watch you (you could tell by the placement of the cameras) not customers or thieves.
8. There were other duties but I am starting to depress myself (LOL) so I'm going to stop here.

We had some great co-workers during our 5 years of working for AMI but everyone that was there when we started and lots in between had already left the company. We were the "Last Man/Woman Standing."

Hardest part of the job was dealing with Corporate and next would have to be dealing with people that had fallen on hard times. They had either been evicted, divorced, in jail, etc. and we had to try and collect money or auction off their belongings.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the customers (the good customers) and being able to work together (husband & wife) at the same place of employment.

I would also like to also state that the owners of this company are very personable and seemed to care about their employees. – less
NOT A GOOD PLACE TO WORK IF YOUR ARE NOT THERE FRIEND
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Wood Dale, ILNovember 17, 2013
Cons: lie about your pay
If you like being told you will be given a raise.. And then find out that it's a lie.. Then this is the job for you. If you are places on salary and you need to be off work and get dock in your pay.. But if your boss become prengant and you are you told you have to cover her and don't get paid for it.. then this is the job for you.
Certified Ride Operator (Former Employee), Denton, TXOctober 4, 2013
 Responsible for the safety of all customers participating on the rides.
 Delivering proper instructions to achieve a safe environment
 Provide customer service
 Achieve sales goals daily
Stretching the limits of technology
Project Manager (Former Employee), Orem, UTSeptember 9, 2013
Pros: challenging, fun, high tech, interactive, problem solving, fast paced, high end equipment
Cons: late nights, always on the clock
This is a great place to work. Working with Control4 we would do home automation, custom A/V integration. If the customer had a dream we would find a way to make it work.
Wasn't a stable job
Assembler (Former Employee), North Huntingdon, PAAugust 15, 2013
Wasn't a stable job and the people I worked with wanted to do their own thing. No one wanted to do their job correctly. The management was ok when you actually seen them.
Great Company to work for
Financial Service Specialist (Former Employee), Houston, TXJuly 18, 2013
Great company to work for. Financial Company for HOA Hi-Rise, Condominiums and Single Family Homes
production line work
Production Worker (Former Employee), Ocean Springs, MSJuly 9, 2013
Pros: 3 day weekends
Cons: 10 hours on your feet
love the 4 day work week...and getting paid every week...and it was good pay at the time...and it was a day shift job
Restaurant business offers challenges.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Olney ILJanuary 12, 2013
Pros: free lunch
Cons: odd hours and weekends
The varying hours made it difficult to have a family life with young children. Customer is king always
Fun diverse working environment for the young
Account Executive (Former Employee), Ft. Lauderdale, FLJanuary 8, 2013
Pros: uplifting testimonials from co-workers
Cons: monetary compensation and lack of social life
Work day started at 10am till 9pm. Learned to be positive and time management is your biggest factor. Management is there to assist with questions, but you are generally on your own after group atmosphere. Co-workers are a diverse group of all age and sex and nationality. Hardest part was the late nights alone walking in a community. Most enjoyable – more... part -- meeting all those people and learning their goals. – less
I liked to work with AMI - since I could work independently, met a lot of interesting people and learned a lot from them.
Director of Public Relations (Former Employee), Clearwater, FLDecember 30, 2012
Pros: to meet a lot of interesting people and learn from them
Cons: the pay
1) daily briefing with the CEO
2) than I did what ever needed to be done - like : send out mails,
make phone calls, meet people, do some admin.
3) I have learned to get more done and have more fun - if one is
organized and the space around you.
4) The CEO one part time co worker and me
5) the hardest part : to get the attention and time from the CEO – more... to
make decisions .
6) The enjoyable part : I could work independently – less
High paced work environment
Office Manager/Head of Logistics (Current Employee), New Braunfels, TXSeptember 25, 2012
Pros: very understanding boss
Cons: high stress environment
Great place to work. Always busy. A lot to learn, a lot to get done.
Love my job
Senior Corporate Trainer (Current Employee), Fort LauderdaleAugust 19, 2012
Pros: training, atmosphere, friendly boss, business trips, personal development
Cons: it is full time. they only do two internships a year.
Working with this company for the last year has not only given me hands on experience, but also helped me network with other businesses. I had recently graduated from college and went on several interviews and landed the job at AMI. Within a few months, I was promoted, and learned the basics of marketing and sales. The people I have met, and the training – more... I have received is incomparable to the entry level jobs my friends are dealing with at their cubicle jobs. – less
warehouse ac installation
UT team member (Former Employee), Austin, TXJuly 16, 2012
load and unload ac installation and stack in a neat pile clean area
Friendly envinroment
Maintenance mechanic, CNC Operator (Former Employee), Lyons, ILJune 20, 2012
Pros: close to home, getting along with evryone was not a very hard task.
Cons: a little low on benefits.
As we beguin our day we discuss plans for the day, or continue from the previous day plans. Operation of CNC machines or maintenance of building. The Co. in whole has a very friendly envinronment, plenty of helpfull employees, In general enjoyed workig there.
Great start in Canada
Manufacturers' Agent (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMay 25, 2012
My first attempt at entrepreneurship in Canada, great people with a fantastic idea.
Local muito humano, com boa disposição e solitário.
Ajudante de Armazém (Former Employee), Vila Nova de Gaia, P13March 6, 2014
O meu dia era passado no local onde eram armazenadas as roupas (usadas e novas) para serem fornecidas para as pessoas mais carenciadas. Sempre estive rodeada de pessoas simpáticas sempre dispostas a ajudar ou a aconselhar-me em alguma coisa.

A parte mais difícil para mim foi conseguir arrumar grandes quantidades de roupa de lã, num espaço pouco arejado, – more... a roupa às vezes encontrava-se em mau estado e por vezes tornava-se um pouco difícil respirar devido ao cheiro bolorento. – less