AMI Employee Reviews in United States

Dont even bother.
Low Voltage Technician (Former Employee) –  Wixom, MIJune 22, 2016
This place is a joke. Don't even bother. You will only be a body to them. It was explained to me that this job does not guarantee pay and its a very seasonal job. They hire anybody for this job. ANYBODY. This will be a waste of your time if you have any work experience and especially if you have a degree.
rather acceptable company
Production Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Monroeville, INApril 22, 2016
is a rather good company acceptable pay but not impressive. Management will do anything they want no matter the rules if it supports them. Managment does a lot of shady things and HR does nothing to stop them.
Pros
great holiday breaks
Cons
they play favorite with promotions. they will always promote who they like not who is more qualified
Impressive place to work
Human Resources Manager (Current Employee) –  Avenel, NJApril 13, 2016
The days fly by due to the plethora of work, the relationships that are built and the excitement of the work culture. The company is advanced in terms of technology, more so than most businesses.
Good place to work, long term is no guarantee
Senior Brand Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Metairie, LAFebruary 17, 2016
For the period of time I worked for AMI, all the management was helpful when I needed to accomplish anything. Good overall
AMI is a good company
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNAugust 14, 2015
Working with AMI is rewarding day to day as a small company with a broad range of work.
The hardest part of the job is not having a healthcare package.
The most enjoyable part of the day is working with other AMI employees.
Flexible
Sales and Marketing (Former Employee) –  Clayton, NCJuly 19, 2015
Set appointments, prepared meetings and presented products to potential client
Developed clients via cold calling and referrals
Customer service to clients and potential clients
Managed google spreadsheets and Excel
Pros
Telecomute
productive
Inventory (Former Employee) –  Winthrop, MEApril 7, 2015
It was an okay place to work, if you couldn't find anything else. It defiantly kept you busy. You almost had no time to goof off or have down time. The co-workers there were nice and helped me when I had any questions.
laid-back and casual relaxing company.
Hardware Validation Engineer (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GAMarch 24, 2015
Is one one the best company you can work for. AMI is a company with a big heart.The relationship between employer and employee was mutual respect in AMI.
Pros
free lunch, Picnic, national holidays celebrations etc...
Cons
Fun and relaxing atmosphere.
liked the job not the people
Machine Operator/Assembler (Former Employee) –  Monroeville, INMarch 17, 2015
ran machines and i liked the job itself just not the peoples attitude , worked on machines at a fast but steady pace.trying to keeep up sometimes was a changeling.i like the job and the money just wish i was a temp .
Pros
short braks
Cons
short breaks and peoples attitude were horrible
Very helpful in getting experience
Buyer/Planner (Former Employee) –  Cuyahoga Falls OHFebruary 2, 2015
10 to 12 hours a day handling the buying and planning of raw materials for window manufacturing. Co-workers were very helpful in building a team atmosphere.
problem solving always used here
machine operator (Former Employee) –  Luzerne, MINovember 11, 2014
communicating with team leaders and previous shift about how machinery ran and how it affected the product. In running end formers you have to watch closely how tube looked and when retrieving from catch you must always roll and inspect tube to make sure machine is not changing or compromising product.
management was very approachable and ready to change or implement new ideas for streamlining process. the hardest part of this job was the oil used to coat product for process.
this job was always a new learning process as new processes were implemented and used which made job more enjoyable.
Pros
streamlining process
Cons
lubricant used for process
Temporary work.
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLJune 17, 2014
Contract work that employees fulfill on a day to day basis. Get to learn about merchant marine fleet and Coast Guard protocols. How important that shipping is to the American economy and to Florida as a state. Get to understand the importance of sanitation services in a community. Knowing the area.
Pros
freedom to work at your own speed.
Cons
labor intensive and dangerous work environments.
nice place to work
Independent Contractor (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, VAMay 11, 2014
I had a good experience as an independent contractor. They always gave me work and were respectful to me.
Pros
they always kept me working at all tim for three year
Very productive staff and craftsman
Project Job Controller (Current Employee) –  Aiken, SCApril 15, 2014
Every day is similar yet different
I learned that working at a Department of Energy site is not the usual work place.
Safety top priority, as it should be.
Co workers are very loyal and trustworthy.
Getting changes orders approved in a reasonable time
Seeing and being part of a project that will help the environment and help dispose of materials that are dangerous
Stable Job with low pay
Welder (Former Employee) –  Sault Ste Marie, MIFebruary 17, 2014
10 hr shifts when ot is mandatory you dont have a life other then work for a month or more at a time
Pros
40 hrs a week
Cons
management
Very professional and fun environment
Inside Sales / Spot Rate Manager (Former Employee) –  Wood Dale, ILJanuary 17, 2014
It was a great experience working with the company. The company was a very fast paced position that required my full attention.
A job! But not a great one!
Manager/Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Prescott Valley, AZJanuary 3, 2014
I worked for this company for 5 years and I would have to say it was one of the most stressful jobs I have ever had. The company had an extremely high turnover rate which speaks volumes about the upper management, pay scale, & work. Upper management always left your job description open ended, they did this so you couldn't refuse to perform any duties they asked of you, even if they were above or below your skill set.

Micro managing was the main turn off! The company had some very talented and capable managers but they would never allow us to be managers. We had managers (including us) that had gone 4+ years without a salary increase and the bonus program program they had in place was discarded when the company decided they needed the money worse than their hard working employees.

I would like to also add this was the most disorganized company I have ever worked for. There was so much mismanagement and this added to the high stress and difficulty in doing a good job for the company and the customer.

A typical day @ work:

1. Open the office in the morning and do a "walk through or lot inspection."
2. Rent and clean units, RV sites, repair doors, clean, weed control (huge property), paperwork, make deposits, collections, etc.
3. Rent U-Haul Equipment
4. Marketing
5. Auctions
6. Corporate reporting
7. Smile for the camera! The cameras were there so corporate could watch you (you could tell by the placement of the cameras) not customers or thieves.
8. There were other duties but I am starting to depress myself (LOL) so I'm going to stop here.

We had some great co-workers during
  more... our 5 years of working for AMI but everyone that was there when we started and lots in between had already left the company. We were the "Last Man/Woman Standing."

Hardest part of the job was dealing with Corporate and next would have to be dealing with people that had fallen on hard times. They had either been evicted, divorced, in jail, etc. and we had to try and collect money or auction off their belongings.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the customers (the good customers) and being able to work together (husband & wife) at the same place of employment.

I would also like to also state that the owners of this company are very personable and seemed to care about their employees.
Pros
helping customers, meeting new people, working outdoors.
Cons
auctions, collections, cleaning, tumbleweeds!
Not a good place to work if your are not there friend
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Wood Dale, ILNovember 17, 2013
If you like being told you will be given a raise.. And then find out that it's a lie.. Then this is the job for you. If you are places on salary and you need to be off work and get dock in your pay.. But if your boss become prengant and you are you told you have to cover her and don't get paid for it.. then this is the job for you.
Cons
lie about your pay
Stretching the limits of technology
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Orem, UTSeptember 9, 2013
This is a great place to work. Working with Control4 we would do home automation, custom A/V integration. If the customer had a dream we would find a way to make it work.
Pros
challenging, fun, high tech, interactive, problem solving, fast paced, high end equipment
Cons
late nights, always on the clock
Wasn't a stable job
Assembler (Former Employee) –  North Huntingdon, PAAugust 15, 2013
Wasn't a stable job and the people I worked with wanted to do their own thing. No one wanted to do their job correctly. The management was ok when you actually seen them.