Amica Insurance Company

Amica Insurance Company Employee Reviews

No work life balance
Multi-Line Claims Adjuster (Current Employee), Houston, TXJuly 17, 2015
Enjoyed the people and the culture that was portrayed but there was no work life balance at all. Worked all the time and the claims were never ending.
Great company to work for.
Rating Specialist (Former Employee), Concord, NHJune 8, 2015
Pros: Benefits, vacation, success sharing
Cons: added work load while others took time off
My tasks involved front desk reception, data entry, research, customer service. Some days were hectic but also a fun place to work, celebrating all seasons. I considered my coworkers as my second family. It was good to know my job was secure and never worried about health benefits.
serviced customer accounts
Associate Account Representative (Former Employee), Raynham, MAMay 27, 2015
Typical days was serving customers in person and over the phone
inputting data and cross sales
people were great to work with
hardest part of the job was not being able to help everyone
best part was to meet new people
Personal Line Account Manager Underwriter
Associates Account Representative (Former Employee), Orlando, FLMay 14, 2015
Pros: Friendly environment great benefits
Cons: Selling when not told it was part of the job after asking at interview
Answering calls, taking payments, making changes and issuing quotes on Auto, Home, Boat and Motorcycle policies. We would also have to sell them on wanting a Life Insurance quote. Co-workers were very nice. Hardest part of the job was pushing the insured's to take get a Life Insurance quote. I was not told that there was any sales involved with the job. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping the customers.
Property & Casualty
Insurance Account Rep. (Former Employee), Park Ridge, NJMay 11, 2015
Pros: Commision, Salary, & Bonus
Evaluate and assess risks, analyze payment and premiums related to the risk, and determine if that entity should be insured. Assisted in creating Auto, Home, and Umbrella Insurance.
Good Starting Position
Account Manager (Former Employee), Westborough, MAMay 6, 2015
Pros: Excellent Benefits Package, Good Entry Level Position
Cons: Too Many Responsibilities, Antiqued Technology, Entry Level Management Has No Say
I worked at Amica for 4 years in their Account Management program. I got a great education on the fundamentals of insurance as well as a general understanding of how to manage people. However the amount of responsibilities compared to the compensation and hours required was no longer acceptable and went elsewhere for better work/life balance. Advice to management is to set schedules for management and don't bog down with too many responsibilities in the beginning to overwhelm new hires.
Positive Work Environment
Associate Account Representative (Former Employee), Westborough, MAApril 28, 2015
Great place to work. Everyone willing to help new agents. Great benefits package. Assistance with licence attainment. Not much room for advancement.
Great place to work!
Supervising Account Representative (Former Employee), Orlando, FLApril 15, 2015
Pros: Great work environment.
Cons: Still behind on systems to make the job easier, but working on the issue.
Call center environment taking calls to sale and service insurance products. No call time limits and representatives are allowed to take the necessary time with the customer to answer their questions and fully develop their needs. Amica values its employees and invest time and money to ensure representatives are properly trained in proper customer service and the systems to service the customer needs. Management is awesome. They value the employees and respects their ability to get the job done and have fun while doing it. Fosters a true team work environment.
Great culture, not flexible with work life balance
Multi-line Claims Adjuster (Current Employee), Houston, TXApril 9, 2015
Pros: Company culture
Cons: Work life balance, opportunities for advancement
The culture and the people are great. There is little work life balance. We have so much to complete in so little time. There is little opportunity for advancement. The hardest part of the job is the crazy work load. Th management is nice but they expect way to much.
Good Benefits
CSR (Current Employee), RochesterApril 3, 2015
This company has good benefits and decent pay. Management is OK. The team leaders are helpful on most days. Upper management can be indecisive.
Terrible call center job! Run! Run! Run!
Account representative (Former Employee), West Chester OhioDecember 23, 2014
Pros: two weeks vacation in first year
Cons: call center, politics, different rules for all
A typical day at work is frustratiing because you are taking complex insurance calls and the young managers come in after a 7 week training program and know nothing. They can't help you. The turnover is high due to lack of training. One manager has been there 18 years from this program and she can't answer a simple question. They come around screaming to get on the phone when you can't get help with anything.
At Amica, the managers have different rules depending on your personal characteristics.
..and the generous pension plan 1% of gross salary. They don't tell you until after you are hired. They have 10 employees out of 16 with less than a year of experience. That says something!
The manager there is just sitting back letting everything pass by until he retires. There is no leadership to solve these problems.
Productive learning experience in knowledge of insurance
Front line contact person for customers (Former Employee), Lincoln, RIDecember 22, 2014
Typical day was taking incoming calls helping customers with their current insurance policies, whether it going over policy or making changes to existing policy. Would also help to underwrite new policies and offer advice on what the best coverage was for their particular needs.
Co-workers were great but because it was a call center there was not too much interaction and management was approachable and helpful in answering any questions you may have.
Hardest part of the job was sitting still for any hours and the most enjoyable was helping others with the questions that they would have.
Fun stable environment but limited room for advancement
Associate Account Rep (Current Employee), Westborough, MANovember 25, 2014
Pros: fun, stable, benefits
Cons: stressful work load, unrealistic expectations, limited upward mobility
The company and management are great, and is a rewarding company to work for. However, in order to move up at all in the company or jump positions you must generally be willing to relocate.
It is a great job if you are happy with your current position.
Great compensation and benefits, no room to grow.
National Sales Representative (Agent) (Former Employee), Spokane, WANovember 16, 2014
Pros: compensation, benefits, friendly co-workers
Cons: working nights and weekends, no advancement, management
Amica takes the time to train and teach you how to become a personal insurance agent rather than be just another insurance producer. Typically each day was the same, answering inbound calls and helping current insureds as well as new customers. The other co-workers were very nice and very helpful, I have made a lot of friends within the company. The difficult part of this job was that each day was the exact same thing and there is very little chance in moving up in the company also the new managers are usually straight out of college and know very little about insurance and have had little experience speaking with customers. As the company grows I feel they are losing focus of what makes them stand apart from other carriers. I did learn a lot in regards to insurance and would recommend Amica to my friends and family.
Challenging
SOFTWARE DEVELOPER (Current Employee), Lincoln, RIOctober 19, 2014
Day to day is tough but rewarding depending on the project and the person. For me, I had many roles and was involved in multiple projects.
insurance sales and underwriting
Associate Account Representative (Former Employee), Denver ColoardoOctober 1, 2014
Very intense and detail oriented work. But great on the job training
Company with a lot of room for growth
Account Manager (Current Employee), Westborough, MASeptember 22, 2014
In a typical day at work, I would start with a brief meeting with my sales team. Once the day began I worked on numerous account servicing scans as well as risk reviews. I am responsible for handling any escalated calls and customer complaints that my team may receive. I also have my own customer accounts to service as well as recommend various coverage to. The most important thing I have learned is how to deal with different types of personalities on my sales floor as well as from the customers I have encountered. I have also learned how to adapt my management style to those around me, which involves the most effective ways to set goals for each individual. I really enjoy working in such a busy environment as it allows each new day to present a new and interesting challenge to overcome. I also love being able to train new representatives on the job functions and new systems. The hardest part of my job has been being away from my family and friends.
Great Benefits and training
Associate National Service Specialist (Current Employee), Spokane Valley, WASeptember 18, 2014
Pros: team collaboration
Cons: short breaks
Busy, fast paced work day. Great management and co workers. On going training.
I enjoyed working there and the job i did
Technical Assistant (Former Employee), Park Ridge, NJSeptember 12, 2014
my day start out by retrieving voice mail to mail out new customer's application for car insurance and place a to a customer to retrieve missing documents. I learned how to process an application. I also enjoyed my co-worker.
Stand offish
Communications (Former Employee), Lincoln, RISeptember 4, 2014
Pros: nice building
Cons: strict on dress code ( need a sportscoat on to go to the printer )
People hate their positions, unfriendly atmosphere
Not willing to assist new /contract help willinly
Headquarters