Amica Insurance Company

Amica Insurance Company Employer Reviews

Productive learning experience in knowledge of insurance
Front line contact person for customers (Former Employee), Lincoln, RIDecember 22, 2014
Typical day was taking incoming calls helping customers with their current insurance policies, whether it going over policy or making changes to existing policy. Would also help to underwrite new policies and offer advice on what the best coverage was for their particular needs.
Co-workers were great but because it was a call center there was not too much interaction and management was approachable and helpful in answering any questions you may have.
Hardest part of the job was sitting still for any hours and the most enjoyable was helping others with the questions that they would have.
Fun stable environment but limited room for advancement
Associate Account Rep (Current Employee), Westborough, MANovember 25, 2014
Pros: fun, stable, benefits
Cons: stressful work load, unrealistic expectations, limited upward mobility
The company and management are great, and is a rewarding company to work for. However, in order to move up at all in the company or jump positions you must generally be willing to relocate.
It is a great job if you are happy with your current position.
Great compensation and benefits, no room to grow.
National Sales Representative (Agent) (Former Employee), Spokane, WANovember 16, 2014
Pros: compensation, benefits, friendly co-workers
Cons: working nights and weekends, no advancement, management
Amica takes the time to train and teach you how to become a personal insurance agent rather than be just another insurance producer. Typically each day was the same, answering inbound calls and helping current insureds as well as new customers. The other co-workers were very nice and very helpful, I have made a lot of friends within the company. The difficult part of this job was that each day was the exact same thing and there is very little chance in moving up in the company also the new managers are usually straight out of college and know very little about insurance and have had little experience speaking with customers. As the company grows I feel they are losing focus of what makes them stand apart from other carriers. I did learn a lot in regards to insurance and would recommend Amica to my friends and family.
Challenging
SOFTWARE DEVELOPER (Current Employee), Lincoln, RIOctober 19, 2014
Day to day is tough but rewarding depending on the project and the person. For me, I had many roles and was involved in multiple projects.
insurance sales and underwriting
Associate Account Representative (Former Employee), Denver ColoardoOctober 1, 2014
Very intense and detail oriented work. But great on the job training
Company with a lot of room for growth
Account Manager (Current Employee), Westborough, MASeptember 22, 2014
In a typical day at work, I would start with a brief meeting with my sales team. Once the day began I worked on numerous account servicing scans as well as risk reviews. I am responsible for handling any escalated calls and customer complaints that my team may receive. I also have my own customer accounts to service as well as recommend various coverage to. The most important thing I have learned is how to deal with different types of personalities on my sales floor as well as from the customers I have encountered. I have also learned how to adapt my management style to those around me, which involves the most effective ways to set goals for each individual. I really enjoy working in such a busy environment as it allows each new day to present a new and interesting challenge to overcome. I also love being able to train new representatives on the job functions and new systems. The hardest part of my job has been being away from my family and friends.
Great Benefits and training
Associate National Service Specialist (Current Employee), Spokane Valley, WASeptember 18, 2014
Pros: team collaboration
Cons: short breaks
Busy, fast paced work day. Great management and co workers. On going training.
I enjoyed working there and the job i did
Technical Assistant (Former Employee), Park Ridge, NJSeptember 12, 2014
my day start out by retrieving voice mail to mail out new customer's application for car insurance and place a to a customer to retrieve missing documents. I learned how to process an application. I also enjoyed my co-worker.
Stand offish
Communications (Former Employee), Lincoln, RISeptember 4, 2014
Pros: nice building
Cons: strict on dress code ( need a sportscoat on to go to the printer )
People hate their positions, unfriendly atmosphere
Not willing to assist new /contract help willinly
Fast paced customer service focused environment with great opportunities for advancement.
Claims Service Representative (Current Employee), Baltimore, MarylandAugust 26, 2014
Fast paced call center focused on customer service with great opportunities to advance.
Terrible Company
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Henderson, NVJuly 14, 2014
Cons: terrible management
I've never worked for worse people. The account managers are fresh out of college with no real world experience. Moving up is impossible, unless you want to uproot your family. Stay away from this call center job. 0 out of 10.
Not worth a long-term stay
Account Representative (Current Employee), Frisco, TXJune 24, 2014
Pros: good hours
Welcome to Amica, where the pay is barely enough, the training is terrible,where anyone who's been there longer than 5 yrs is on a power/ego trip, most of the people will smile in your face and laugh at you behind your back , where there's never a right answer so everything is wrong and where diversity is non-existent. Oh and since there is no HR department on site, good luck trying to address any of your concerns!
Good company
Associate Account Manager (Former Employee), Lincoln, RIJune 17, 2014
I learned a lot about the insurance industry and how to make the choice that was best for the customer. The compensation was reasonable but there is definitely higher in the industry. The best part of the job was learning to underwrite risks and working with representatives. The hardest part was having little to no control over where and when you would be moving next. I found that those making the decisions in home office cared little for your opinions or general happiness in regards to moving.
Opportunity to retire, very stressful job
Licensed Account Associate (Former Employee), Englewood, COJune 3, 2014
Amica has been around for over 100 years, they still hold some conservative. (ex. men can not have ears pierced and women are not permitted to have anything within sight pierced other than one earring in each ear) In a CSR position it is extremely high pressured and very stressful position. However, if you commit to the position it does pay off. Lot opportunity to earn a lot of income, decent base pay, great benefits.
Good job
Insurance Adjuster (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNMay 27, 2014
The job was not a good fit for me but it did teach me a lot. Your work-day was scheduled by you and had little supervision. The company is a great company to work for.
Amica
Multi-line Claims Adjuster (Former Employee), Houston, TXMay 3, 2014
It was okay working for Amica, they have decent benefits and it is easy to move up in the company.
Work environment
Licensed Claims Adjuster (Current Employee), Houston, TXApril 7, 2014
Not conducive to professional growth and development. I would not recommend it.
Good place to work with a lot of security
IT Developer (Current Employee), Lincoln, RIMarch 25, 2014
Pros: healthcare, security
Cons: slow, conservative culture
Everything at Amica is essentially like it's culture, slow moving but very secure. I enjoyed working here and learned a lot about the industry and web development as a whole. I understand what it means now to work for a corporate setting. The people are all nice and will help you understand anything that you do not.
Great, stable company
IT Specialist (Current Employee), Lincoln, RIFebruary 28, 2014
The big draw is stability. The work is steady and interesting. Great team to work with and the benefits are great. I would say my only complaint is they're still stuck in the conservative, 9-5, corporate culture.
Standard Job no frills
Auto Adjuster (Former Employee), Westborough, MAJanuary 27, 2014
Pros: good environment
Cons: low pay
Decent people who work there, moderate work load, good overall place to work.

1 2 3

About Amica Insurance Company

Amica Mutual Insurance Company is a national writer of auto, homeowners, marine and umbrella insurance. Amica was founded in 1907 – Read more

Amica Insurance Company Photos