AMIkids Employee Reviews

Great people & very passionate about mission
FFT Therapist, Site Lead (Former Employee) –  NC Family Services GreenvilleJanuary 18, 2018
AMIkids is a great place to work and has a great team environment. People there are really passionate about youth and families and I really enjoyed being a part of that. There are always opportunities for professional growth/advancement, and management is always very supportive towards it. At times, it can become tricky managing stress and maintaining a good balance of work/life, but management is really supportive and often stresses the importance of self-care. There is quite a bit of flexibility, but that also comes with a lot of accountability and a need for personal integrity. All in all, I really enjoyed working at AMIkids!
Pros
Flexibility, Professional Growth, team environment, Working with youth/families
Cons
working weekends as needed
Do not apply and waist your time
Rather not say (Former Employee) –  LouisianaJanuary 13, 2018
Please do not waist your time constant fighting no discipline you will loose your job in an instant short staffed not worth the headaches long work hours you get threatened everyday and nothing happens you are just a babysitter!
Pros
Cons
Long hours, no benefits, no insurance, will fire you at anytime, no job security, dog and pony show
Good idea, Terrible management.
Behavioral health (Former Employee) –  Patrick, SCJanuary 9, 2018
You cannot believe anything the Director says. if she is talking, she is lying. She makes promises in writing to get people to come work there. Then she changes the pay and terms of the job soon after people start working there. The corporate human resources manager knows what she is doing. This a very shady organization. They do not pay overtime, but, expect you to work it. If you get promoted you will wait a long time for the raise that goes with the promotion.
Pros
Good idea.
Cons
Terrible management.
good place to work. provides services to help troubled kids
Health and Fitness Instructor (Former Employee) –  Bennettsville, SCDecember 26, 2017
Have to be very flexible in work environment. Have to watch your back at times and stay focused on the students at all times. I had no gymnasium on rainy and cold weather days and there was a lack of equipment in order to provide a positive class for the students. Sometimes classes would be interrupted for various reasons such as supervising field trips, supervising job worksites off campus, and other reasons. .AMIKids tried to do a good job in providing the best means in order for the kids to return to regular society and become good citizens.
Pros
Teaching, getting to know the kids, small classes.
Cons
Lack or Equipment, having to be flexible in various situations., commute to and from work.
Fun Place to work
Direct Care Staff (Former Employee) –  Cuba, NMNovember 27, 2017
Awesome Place to work and made friends and i would work there again. Did some training and learn new thing from this company. Management was good and fun to be around.
Director of Treatment (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLNovember 27, 2017
I enjoyed my time at AMIkids Jacksonville. The staff is truly close and treat each other like family. The staff go above and beyond for the kids and this creates a very rewarding atmosphere. The kids themselves can be difficult at times but they all soften up with time.
My AMI site was average
Behavioral Modification Specialist (Former Employee) –  Georgetown, SCNovember 18, 2017
The job was ok but the pay was not to good for my experience and education. My co- workers also made the job horrible but AMI Kids is a good starting ground to get a understanding of what to expect when dealing with troubled youth.
I loved working with the kids but management at the time I left was horrible
English & Language Arts Teacher (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, LANovember 9, 2017
Working with at-risk teens was very fulfilling. The kids were a challenge but they were great kids once you got to know them. Some management was amazing. The higher ups that I met were amazing, but they were some people in the company simply there to collect a check and keep up confusion. I left because of those people, not the actual job itself.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Better vetting of management is needed
Residential wilderness camp
Direct Care Counselor (Former Employee) –  Georgetown, SCNovember 8, 2017
I worked with well qualified staff to achieve a common goal. We created, maintained, and revised the participants' behavior charts, and made daily reports. During my time working at this facility, I was able to train new staff with coping skills and strategies to utilize while working for the residents.
Great place for developing conflict resolutions.
English, Instructor (Former Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAOctober 26, 2017
I think the company as a whole offer students an opportunity to live and learn in freedom setting that they will not be neglected because of their differences.
Amikids
Secondary Reading/English Teacher (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FL 32606October 8, 2017
AMIKids has the potential to be something great. I am not sure about other sites but my site was limited in forward thinking for the maximum benefit the children.
I love my job at AMI Kids
Career Coordinator / Job Placement Specialist (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLOctober 4, 2017
The school is a great opportunity for students to get their life in order. A great way for student to try and catch up if they are behind in school. A great place for the students to work on job readiness skills.
Unethical Ethics
Direct Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLAugust 30, 2017
The hours were good and the pay was decent for the job. A typical day was to make sure the boys were at school as they should be until group started. After 3 pm the boys were allowed to go outside or go to work.
I learned that no matter what you did, other employees or management was cut throat and will throw you under the bus. They lie and will blame you for the problems.
The hardest part of the job was to see the boys not getting what AMI is paid to provide for them.
Overtime was not an issue, however, you did not get paid for it.
Pros
working with the kids
Cons
everything
Great environment for at risk students
Administrative Assistant/Business Manager (Current Employee) –  Beechwood, LAAugust 14, 2017
Non-profit organization dedicated to helping troubled youth become productive citizens.

Company operates in at least 9 states and offer chances of advancement with benefits.
Pros
Travel & Training
Cons
Ineffective management, poor team communication, employee bullying
It's a weird place
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Panama City, FLJuly 27, 2017
There is always a lot going on here and the opportunity for confusion is high. If you can keep your wits about you there are a lot of great experiences to be had.
Mucho trabajo y pocos beneficios
NCCER Instructor (Current Employee) –  Miami-Dade County, FLJuly 13, 2017
La cantidad de trabajo y la alta responsabilidad no se corresponde con el dinero que se paga
This wasn't the place for me
Direct Care Staff (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLJune 27, 2017
This was a juvenile offender home that housed youth from across the state. Coming from working in a prion environment the place was out off control. It just wasn't the place for someone that started in correction where i started.
Productive anv fun workplace
Kitchen Staff/Cook (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 29, 2017
Overall great working environment has structure and safe environment for youth and staff during the time I worked here I developed my skills and became a better leader
Mostly positive
OFFICE MANAGER ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 20, 2017
Overall I think that it is a great company to work for. The spaces where i gave it a low rating was due to the fact that I was part time so I wasn't able to get any of them.
ami kids
Direct Care Staff (Former Employee) –  Sylvania, GAJanuary 23, 2017
this was an interesting job. I had the opportunity to work with kids at a group home. I learned patients to act/speak with authority. The management was okay. The hardest part of the job was letting the kids know when you are serious and just playing.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AMIkids. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8