AMIkids Employee Reviews

Horrible place to work for
Direct Care Staff (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLAugust 23, 2016
Horrible place to work for. They do not care about the kids or their employees. Compensation is garbage and far less than what they expect from you. No room for advancement. They expect you to monitor these children with little to no guidance, hardly any training, and then they will try to throw you under the bus at every opportunity. They constantly push good employees away which is why they are always hiring. I won't not recommend this job to anyone. They will also rob you of your overtime pay and laugh in your face when you bring it up. They will seemingly never get around to signing you up for their health insurance plan which is garbage as well anyways. They let the kids get away with anything and will punish you for doing your job. Don't do it!
Pros
Brief moments of rewarding work with troubled children.
Cons
Low pay, miserable conditions, long hours, toxic leadership, no benefits
Great environment
Behavioral Interventionist (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 7, 2017
Great environment. Great co-workers. Dependable people. Great bosses. Great community. Great facilities. Great leadership. Great place to raise children. Great festivities.
If you have a passion for troubled youth this is the right company for you.
Program Aide (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 16, 2017
AMIKids is a good company to work for if you have the desire and passion to work with troubled youth. The vison and values of the company are centered around giving troubled you a second chance after they have made poor choices. They try to bridge the gap with law enforcement by pairing police officers and teen boys to see each others perspective.
Pros
Small work force
Cons
Leadership
rewarding career
FFT Therapist (Current Employee) –  North CarolinaOctober 28, 2016
They really do put kids first. Loved being a part of their mission to help kids in my local community. I provided in home therapy and was allowed to make my own schedule as long as I attended all staff meetings and saw all clients on my caseload. The structure and management really worked for me.
Pros
make own schedule
Cons
late nights
Great Staff and leader
History Teacher (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCOctober 25, 2016
Infinity Wake is an amazing place to work. We have the best staff and students here. The staff is very helpful to new staff, friendly, and we are very family oriented.
Pros
Flexible Teaching Style
Cons
No planning
Something new everyday
Staff (Former Employee) –  FloridaJune 21, 2016
It takes a strong person to deal with management. They will take any kids regardless of the wellbeing of the kids being placed in jeopardy. They just want to fill a bed. The motto of if you see something, say something does not apply here. If you say something prepare to be reprimanded for it
Pros
Some coworkers understand
Cons
Unrealistic expectations, the staff not being ready for the trauma kids have
Make a difference in a kid life
Behavior Interventionist (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LASeptember 12, 2016
AMI kids Baton Rouge is a non profit organization dedicated to helping troubled youth. Its a fun loving organization to work for where everyone take care of each other daily.
not worth it
Local care counselor (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 20, 2013
Horrible, staff were very disrespectful and unprofessional. It is very difficult for the kids because most of them have no business being out of prison and in society. This job was highly stressful and there were no breaks of any kind during working hours. I am surprised that they are still in business. There is no sense of professional community between employees. It is a chaotic work environment and it is all about blaming someone else and documentation to prove it. They wanted you to work overtime at home and not paying you for it. The managers would often put you on the spot in front of the kids creating strife between the staff and kids.
Pros
a paycheck
Cons
No lunch breaks, poor health benefits, odd hours, no breaks period, staff not supportive, rundown facilities
Rewarding and positive experience working with at risk youth.
Case Manager Intern (Former Employee) –  North Miami, FLJune 18, 2016
AMI kids is a great place to work at. It is a family oriented environment dedicated to helping those in need. My co-workers are not only just that their more like family. Everyone there is respectful and puts others before their own needs. The most enjoyable part of the job is helping change the lives of these troubled teens for the better.
Kidsfirst
Executive Director (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 2, 2016
This organization is truly about helping troubled youth become productive citizens, changing lives one kid at a time.

Want to know more about AMIkids?

Ask a question
AMIkids
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Panama City, FLMarch 23, 2016
Love the kids. The stress of the job can interfere with your personal life a lot. There are a lot of fun activities that you get to participate in.
Horrible
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJanuary 27, 2016
The worst company I have every worked for. The ED was a real a****** and a great liar. The kids and staff were treated horrible some kids were shown favoritism and got a way with a lot. I was threatened by students on a number of occasions and they were still allowed to come to school everyday. Do not work for this company!!!!!
Pros
Great pay
Cons
No lunch, horrible environment
Provided education, support and services to children in an alternative education setting.
Educational Director (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLAugust 3, 2015
When I was hired by this company the district officials refused to come to the school. After two months of meeting with staff and setting limits, coaching and modelling behavior models for the children, the culture of the school changed for the best. Not only did the district officials come to the school I hosted meetings.
Persons who held positions were not qualified (in my opinion) to hold certain positions and the program suffered for this.
Under my tenure the school had the highest attendance of AMIKids programs.
Pros
The small number of children in a classroom.
Cons
Size of the classrooms; teachers were required to teach multiple courses in each class.
Don't Do It!!!!
Employee (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLFebruary 8, 2013
I worked at the Gainesville location and I do not see how they are still operating! The management, clinical director and the people in charge of the kids that work the floor are complete liars and couldn't tell the truth if they had to. They lie to the kids, their parents, staff, DJJ, school board, Courts, and Officers. The ONLY decent people there are the poor teachers that REALLY get taken advantage of! Sad part about it, the Corp. office don't seem to care. If you apply here....you only have yourself to blame for what you will get in this work experience!
Cons
everything
Positive and encouraging alternative school for adolescents.
Mental Health Counseling Intern Student (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAAugust 5, 2013
At AMIkids-Baton Rouge I learned how to provide adolescents who had behavioral challenges; aggression replacement training, social skills training, and positive reinforcement. I absolutely loved interning at AMIkids-Baton Rouge not only because of the opportunity I was given to advance my skills in Mental Health but also because of the team of people who worked there. Everyone worked as a team to provide the students with the best possible therapeutic treatment, education, and behavior modification. Working with adolescents was challenging because there were some I was not able to help even after numerous attempts. This was perhaps the hardest part about interning there. The most rewarding part about interning there was being a positive influence for the students and learning from them.
Pros
Much gained experience
Cons
Not being able to assist some of the adolescents
Good mission but horrible working environment
Director of Operations (Former Employee) –  FloridaFebruary 5, 2015
The mission of AMI is great but the regulations have changed so much that it is almost impossible to help the kids any more. It is impossible to work there and have a personal life/home life. They expect to much and there is nothing but stress.
Pros
Possilbly help kids
Cons
Stress and regulations that keep you from helping the kids
Rewarding Experience
Master's Level Counselor (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LANovember 11, 2013
If you are looking for a rewarding experience and like working with kids, you should consider working with AMIkids.
Great mission
Conditional Release Case Manager (Former Employee) –  FLSeptember 17, 2012
This is a hard program for kids, change is always hard. Staff care about the kids, great teamwork.
Life-changing
Case Manager and Music Instructor (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAApril 21, 2012
This job requires a healthy individual and is challenging.
Pros
service
Cons
government work
Alternative school for at risk kids
Director of Operations (Former Employee) –  425 Kingsley streetNovember 3, 2013
Taught life skills
Administered core curriculum subjects.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AMIkids. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8