AMIKIDS Employee Reviews

Terrible company
counselor direct care (Former Employee) –  South CarolinaDecember 21, 2015
These people don't care about their employees. The kids suffer because there is no leadership and everyone thinks there the boss. People in upper positions have no degree and are unqualified.
Pros
Salary was ok
Cons
Everything. But most of all, kids are not treated fairly.
Provided education, support and services to children in an alternative education setting.
Educational Director (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLAugust 3, 2015
When I was hired by this company the district officials refused to come to the school. After two months of meeting with staff and setting limits, coaching and modelling behavior models for the children, the culture of the school changed for the best. Not only did the district officials come to the school I hosted meetings.
Persons who held positions were not qualified (in my opinion) to hold certain positions and the program suffered for this.
Under my tenure the school had the highest attendance of AMIKids programs.
Pros
The small number of children in a classroom.
Cons
Size of the classrooms; teachers were required to teach multiple courses in each class.
Good mission but horrible working environment
Director of Operations (Former Employee) –  FloridaFebruary 5, 2015
The mission of AMI is great but the regulations have changed so much that it is almost impossible to help the kids any more. It is impossible to work there and have a personal life/home life. They expect to much and there is nothing but stress.
Pros
possilbly help kids
Cons
stress and regulations that keep you from helping the kids
RUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
na (Former Employee) –  TampaFebruary 14, 2014
DO NOT WALK!

Unstable company. Why do they constantly have openings?
Rewarding Experience
Master's Level Counselor (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LANovember 11, 2013
If you are looking for a rewarding experience and like working with kids, you should consider working with AMIkids.
Alternative school for at risk kids
Director of Operations (Former Employee) –  425 Kingsley streetNovember 3, 2013
Taught life skills
Administered core curriculum subjects.
Positive and encouraging alternative school for adolescents.
Mental Health Counseling Intern Student (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAAugust 5, 2013
At AMIkids-Baton Rouge I learned how to provide adolescents who had behavioral challenges; aggression replacement training, social skills training, and positive reinforcement. I absolutely loved interning at AMIkids-Baton Rouge not only because of the opportunity I was given to advance my skills in Mental Health but also because of the team of people who worked there. Everyone worked as a team to provide the students with the best possible therapeutic treatment, education, and behavior modification. Working with adolescents was challenging because there were some I was not able to help even after numerous attempts. This was perhaps the hardest part about interning there. The most rewarding part about interning there was being a positive influence for the students and learning from them.
Pros
much gained experience
Cons
not being able to assist some of the adolescents
not worth it
Local care counselor (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 20, 2013
Horrible, staff were very disrespectful and unprofessional. It is very difficult for the kids because most of them have no business being out of prison and in society. This job was highly stressful and there were no breaks of any kind during working hours. I am surprised that they are still in business. There is no sense of professional community between employees. It is a chaotic work environment and it is all about blaming someone else and documentation to prove it. They wanted you to work overtime at home and not paying you for it. The managers would often put you on the spot in front of the kids creating strife between the staff and kids.
Pros
a paycheck
Cons
no lunch breaks, poor health benefits, odd hours, no breaks period, staff not supportive, rundown facilities
Productive, Family Oriented Environment, and Practice of 13 values essential
Community Coordinator/Education Assistant (Current Employee) –  Donaldsonville, LAFebruary 12, 2013
A typical work day consist of touching lives of At-Risk Students who come from all corners of life. I see happy faces, hungry faces, sad faces, confused faces, but most importantly I see faces reaching out for help and I am their to reach out and assist where needed. I have learned that it does not matter where you come from in life, it doesnt matter what you have, the little things are the things that mean the most in life when you have never heard I love you or I care about what happens to you. I have not only had the opportunity to work with he students, but I have worked in the capacity as team lead and Coach trainer where I planned our monthly inservices and meetings. I planned quarterly motivational staff meetings to keep up the moral in our work place. Our staff has an environment that is very family oriented. We have an outstanding team that work together and assist each other. Through our suggestion box, if we have any concerns or complaints, we place in there and discuss at our quarterly pep meetings. The hardest part of my job is not being able to save all the kids I work with each day. I go home sometimes and wish I could come up with a solution to try some other avenue that could help the kids to make changes that are positive to saving them from destruction. The most enjoyable part of my job is the Passion and love I have for making a difference in the lives of these At-Risk kids. Noting gives me more pleasure than to give my all to them knowing I make a difference in their lives inspite of what they go through.
Pros
saving lives and making a difference
Cons
when they are not with you, what happens... not having total control
Don't Do It!!!!
Employee (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLFebruary 8, 2013
I worked at the Gainesville location and I do not see how they are still operating! The management, clinical director and the people in charge of the kids that work the floor are complete liars and couldn't tell the truth if they had to. They lie to the kids, their parents, staff, DJJ, school board, Courts, and Officers. The ONLY decent people there are the poor teachers that REALLY get taken advantage of! Sad part about it, the Corp. office don't seem to care. If you apply here....you only have yourself to blame for what you will get in this work experience!
Cons
everything

Comment – May 20, 2013

I hope other people see your posting before they decide to apply. The Orlando location is pretty much the same as Gainesville location

Great mission
Conditional Release Case Manager (Former Employee) –  FLSeptember 17, 2012
This is a hard program for kids, change is always hard. Staff care about the kids, great teamwork.
Life-changing
Case Manager and Music Instructor (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAApril 21, 2012
This job requires a healthy individual and is challenging.
Pros
service
Cons
government work

2.7