ASSISTANT OR ASSOCIATE EDITOR
Who are we:
We are Amirsys, a leading provider of multiple digital and print solutions for medical professionals, all of which enhance the diagnostic and educational process worldwide. Since 2001, our physicians, software engineers, content specialists, editors, medical illustrators, and other team members have worked to improve the quality, timeliness, and accessibility of medical information that physicians use to improve patient care and that residents use to improve their diagnostic skills.
As the publisher of leading radiologic and pathologic medical information, Amirsys takes pride in providing high quality content in the industry. As an Assistant or Associate Editor for Amirsys, you would help maintain the quality of the content that our customers have come to view as second to none. You will work with physicians to edit and enhance supplied medical text and images to be added to our medical reference series that appears in both print and digital mediums.
Amirsys is looking for someone who has interest and experience in editing and publishing, who demonstrates the ability to manage projects and multiple priorities / tasks simultaneously, and who will contribute to a team synergy to meet the goals and expectations of our content style. We require a B.A. or B.S. in English, Communications, Marketing, or a similar educational background. A medical background is not necessary, though a willingness to learn is key.
- Work under direction of Production Manager and Content Development Director
- Proofread / edit author-supplied content for consistency / accuracy according to Amirsys style
- Report internally and externally on project progress and work independently as assigned
- Become knowledgeable on Amirsys' software authoring tools, so as to train and support authors and troubleshoot basic technical problems
- Communicate daily with authors via email and telephone in regards to authoring tools, upcoming deadlines, and major project priorities
- Participate in other Amirsys projects as resources are needed
- Must have proven editing and proofreading skills
- Must have a strong sense of customer service
- Must have demonstrated good communication skills in written and verbal form
- Must be a team player; ready and flexible to help out where help is needed
- Must be well organized and detail oriented
- Must be able to manage multiple projects and priorities simultaneously
- Must have proven ability to solve problems and apply lessons learned
- Must possess excellent critical thinking skills
- Must be familiar with major word processing software
- Must be comfortable learning new software applications, including Amirsys' authoring tools and Jira (Issue and Project Tracking Software)
- Familiarity with medical terminology and previous publishing experience a plus
We value our employees' time and efforts. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by our competitive compensation. Plus, we work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning, and culture. This position will be a full-time, salaried position with compensation depending on experience. Compensation also includes medical benefits, vacation, personal days, sick time, 401(k), and an incentive bonus.
Please send cover letter and resume.
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah