AMITA Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Stressful
Scheduker (Current Employee) –  Arlington Heights, ILOctober 23, 2017
Poor Management, no organization within department. Unnecessary work hours. The company overall is a great company but the scheduling department needs new management
Disorganized administration
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  DupageOctober 22, 2017
I will never recommend this company to anyone. There is a lack of comminication between higher management and the front line. Doctors and patients are great! A true plus to the job. The mission statement and values do not match with their actions, hiding behind a 'faith based' system, as their employees are not valued and are treated like they are expendable. My wish is that they would value hard workers, patient satisfaction reports and above all, realize if we don't do a good job, it will reflect badly on them. Instead administration either says nothing or finds someway to criticize their employees. If you want a great employee experience, as a front line worker, it's not here. If you don't care about that! This job is here for you......
Pros
Great doctors and patients!
Cons
Bad work/life balance
Nice place to work
Certified Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILOctober 22, 2017
Overall i like working here. The pay is not bad and they offer insurance. The hours can be long. The worst part about the company jus the new PTO policy. You must work exactly 40 hours a week or they take hours from PTO. Even if your 30 minutes short, they take it from your PTO. The hours i was hired to work are just under and then they don't include lunch. Every employee is now having a problem trying to accumulate PTO. That's my biggest problem with the company. Sometimes you feel like the corporate department doesn't care or listen to the staff but that's a problem with all major health systems. I do feel like the doctors are very good to their patients. They try to provide the best care they could.
Pros
Insurance, 401k, good doctors, freindly enviorment
Cons
Overworked staff, poor pto plan, too much overhead
Don't do it!
Respiratory Care Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Lagrange ilOctober 22, 2017
Management is a joke! Change rules by the day and try to see how much you can handle at one time. Prefer new grads so they can prevent them from moving forward with training to ICU as to cripple their growth so they feel they cannot leave the company.this is better than hiring seasoned therapists with a brain.you see at Adventist therapists aren't allowed to treat only follow orders from idiotic doctors. Good luck with ICU nurses head games harassment and complaints so they can entertain themselves especially the charge on days.and the cardiac nurse on nights. Even the house supervisors are bullies.adventist is like high school mean girls tormenting people. Glad I am not part of this religious organization if this is normal practice.respiratory manager is a cry baby who doesn't want to do her job and verbally abuses staff and gets away with it. They need to clean house don't work here it's not worth it.
Pros
Good schedule
Cons
Management and co workers
It was a great place to work
Customer Service Representative/Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Bolingbrook, ILOctober 19, 2017
I really enjoyed the time I was there everyone was helpful and friendly. I really got an habds on experience with some of the system that I have never worked with.
Horrible Management and therefore lack of support in every department
Sales (Former Employee) –  Hinsdale, ILAugust 19, 2017
I worked there for five years and not only is the pay poor but you are just a body and constantly over worked and taken advantage of. I wouldn't suggest taking a job there unless it's your only option.
Pros
Pto
Cons
Management, pay
Seriously reconsider applying for Healthcare Security Officer
AMITA Hospital Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Arlington Hts., Elk Grove Vil., Hoffman EstatesJuly 24, 2017
As a Hospital Security Officer you WILL be subject to being punched(closed fist) , kicked ,slapped ,scratched ,have your hair or beard violently pulled , be bitten , have feces or urine thrown at you. You will have to restrain violent psychologically or chemically impaired individuals. These same individuals will potentially expose you to C-dif , Mirsa , TB , HEP A ,B or C , and any number of blood born infections and communicable diseases . You will do morgue duty with expired patients who may have been exposed to any or a combination of the above. You will walk miles or sit watches for hours with the same aforementioned individuals. You run the risk of being attacked by belligerent guests , visitors and even employees. You will be subject to no real job protection as rumor and innuendo abounds, pay is at best mediocre , benefits are OK but getting fewer and fewer.
Pros
A job which might lead into a career in law enforcement
Cons
Cut throat management which takes patients and employee word over yours
Not a bad place, just not happy
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Elk Grove Village, ILJune 11, 2017
I've worked at a few different hospitals and this place isn't the worst, nor is it the best. Co-workers can be great, and census fluctuates a lot. Only real complaint is that the pay is not enough to cover standard cost of living and that my skills don't get put to good use.
Pros
Management willing to work with you, 1000 different avenues of support, fun co-workers
Cons
Pay is terrible, census fluctuates so constantly getting called off or overworked (no middle ground)
Everyone has their own opinon
Registered Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hinsdale, ILJanuary 4, 2016
Very short staffed but the patients were very nice. The doctors are very good and enjoyed working with them. The downside is that one person who was their for a long time didn't seem to want to train or help co-workers out to show them things, it was easier or less of a bother for her to just do it herself which isn't good because the other people (floaters) needed to know how to do it.

They have a turn around with MA's and that is not good.
Pros
Got to work with wonderful patients
Cons
Very short staffed
Great small scale establishment that is now closed.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WaSeptember 6, 2012
This company is no longer open for business but was a great small scale business that was focused on helping people find the perfect gift. One of the perks was that the environment was small and cozy, with lots to look at so when people came in you could really get to know them and what they were looking for. A typical day at work was opening the store and arranging the displays which were to be changed once a week. I learned a great deal about salesmanship and customer service, especially on a more personal level. The manager was the owner herself and she was a very kind and warm woman with a keen business sense. Most of the time I was there, I was the only employee. The hardest part of the job was sitting/standing for 8 hours and having no customers. The most enjoyable part of the job was the that if I did get tired I was able to rest but still do my job, if it was slow I could take care of other business on the computer or read for a class. It was also really nice getting to know regulars from the neighborhood.
Pros
relaxed environment, community oriented, good location, easy to promote
Cons
business could get very slow, little to do. very small.