Amkor Technology, Inc. Employee Reviews

Productive and fun work place.
DESIGN SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZNovember 2, 2017
Laid back. Very goal oriented and rewards oriented. Management was great looking out for employees as well as the company. They would make training available to everyone. Always staying close to the cutting edge of technology.
Pros
Free lunches, Movie passes, Trips to other countries.
Cons
There where no Cons this company is the best.
This is where all started for me...
Manufacturing Manager (Former Employee) –  LagunaJuly 19, 2017
One of the biggest semiconductor subcontractors in the world with great benefits for employees but each cents paid for you will be earned through long hours.
Pros
great to gain experience
Cons
fast phase working environment
Perform well when keeping it simple
Administration (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZJune 27, 2017
This company has been around for a long time in the semiconductor contract manufacturing space. Things go well when they stick to basics, and follow proper capital investment / return fundamentals. Company has benefited nicely from recent changes in management and positioning in the tech industry to successfully ride recent tech price appreciation wave.
Pros
Solid industry reputation
Cons
Prior management (recent management has performed better)
Amkor suffered from the 2011 downturn
Senior Technical Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZJune 3, 2017
Had many years at Amkor. Enjoyed working there. The reduction in business at the time caused many individuals to move to other companies. I was one of those individuals.
Purchasing dept
Purchasing Manager (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZJanuary 16, 2017
Multi national company with various purchasing data bases to use for PO placement. most enjoyable part is working with multi national people at all levels of work.
Pros
Flexable
Cons
demanding envirment
Technical Sales / Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CADecember 17, 2015
Working at Amkor varies greatly based on your manager and team. Some teams work long hours with little appreciation from their leadership. Others (including myself) have enjoyed good leaders and decent work-life balance. Overall, Amkor offers very competitive pay and benefits. The day-to-day work is great, lots of good people and many opportunities to learn and grow.The most enjoyable part of the job is to exceed if not to meet expectations to meet common goals.
An excellent company to work for and with
Sr. Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAOctober 14, 2015
My time with Amkor Technology, Inc. was priceless. If life did not change for me, I probably would have stayed a lifetime with them. They were professional and yet kept that work/life balance in place, making every day fun and exciting. This company still exists today, although they have downsized a bit in locations. There was no difficult part of my job. I was known to stay late and work hard, never missing a day of work. I gave to them what they provided me in return...a healthy position and room for growth.
Pros
Coffee and other beverages, healthcare
Productive and fun workplace. This company valued employees like family
Process Technician (Former Employee) –  Research Triangle Park, NCAugust 26, 2015
Every day at work was pleasant. I learned to inspect incoming and finished product at 100%. Microscopes, AOI( Automatic Optical Inspection) and visual inspection were used. Received various bonuses for completing projects on time. Made the holidays as festive as being at home. Co-workers were and still are like family. The management was superb. The hardest part of this job was leaving after the company was moved overseas. The most enjoyable part of this job was everything.
Pros
Bonuses, Pleasant working environment
Cons
It was a fun place to work where everyone got along and joked around.
Electric Board Loader (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSApril 21, 2015
Those who worked there the longest taught us how to load and unload components into testing boards; separate the bad components from the good ones; spot and fix the bent leaves; chart the results, etc.; they would even double check our work and show us our errors (if any). Sometimes we were sent to the testing lab to test the components.
Pros
Occasionally the company would have parties; provide donutes for us.
Cons
Sometimes we had to pull a double shift.
High Tech Micro Chip Packager
Administrative Assistant V.P. of Engineering (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZDecember 11, 2014
Great company, but I could not understand the complexity of the products manufactured. Administratively, it was fine.
Pros
Great pay and people to work with
Cons
Technical products, international factories and time differences
This is a company which growth is customer driven.
EOL Process Engineer III (Former Employee) –  PhilippinesMay 15, 2014
A typical day at work starts on the review of performance of the assembly line. What is the assembly yield? What is the assembly cycle time? What is the top contributor of the defect? Where is the bottle neck? What should be done to contain the problem? Who is responsible? When is the containment action or corrective action be implemented?

Given the assembly line issue or problem, a team is created for brainstorming.

The hardest part of the job is to meet commitments. Corrective actions are time bounded. We are result oriented.

Pros
Meal tickets are provided to all employees.
Cons
Staggerred breaks.
Great job
Facilities Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chandler, AZAugust 29, 2013
Assist, plan and execute maintenance activties. Act as primary contact for regional personnel for any building issues(climate control, odors,smoke,spills,damage,emergencies and repairs). work closely with outside vendors and contractors to ensure work is completed according to specifications.Head of building security. Immediately respnds to building emergencies on a 24 hour basis. Acting supervisor when suporvisor is not on site.Perform jos such as electrical, plumbing, HVAC. Dismantle and install furniture.Perform maintenance duties as assigned by Facilities manager. Responsible for managing incoming and outgoing shipments.
Pros
Love the job
Cons
Weather is too hot in AZ
Good experience
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Chandler, AZJuly 31, 2013
Pros
Competitive pay and benefits
Cons
There can be a lot of politics between some leaders & teams, promotions from within seem much less common than hiring from outside.
I do not recommend Amkor
Director-Advanced Product Development (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZMay 16, 2012
Amkor is a very political and difficult enviornment to work.
Pros
international exposure
Cons
poorly organized and managed
fun place to work while it lasted
PRODUCTION SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Research Triangle Park, NCMarch 22, 2012
after three plus years company shut down and moved to Taiwan