AMLI Residential Employee Reviews

Don't Believe The Hype ...
Multiple Positions (Former Employee) –  GeorgiaJune 15, 2017
This company is highly sought out and seemingly desirable. The grass is not always greener on the other side. You will work hard, and possibly be overworked, for every single dime that you make on a daily basis.

The company is great to some people, if you happen to be on the in-crowd, but if you are not a community managers or higher, you will not be fully appreciated or respected.

Many of the newest opportunities in the company are "hand-picked" by development and upper management and new available positions are often not posted at all or pre-selected. Seasoned employees are often overlooked in the selection process for promotions.

Growth is often based on the side conversations that managers have regarding you, and it is rare to find community or service managers that know all aspects of the job or that even want to learn.

While there are some awesome people scattered throughout the company, there are certainly great, if not better, opportunities with other companies that you can thrive in! I would not recommend anyone to work for this company.

The bonus structure for leasing is fair in most instances, but I feel as though anyone below a community manager is underpaid for the workload expected.
Pros
Status amongst competition
Cons
Too many to name ...
June 21, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. I am sorry that were not happy working at AMLI. We have shared your review with the Austin leadership team. Our focus on culture and recognition of employees, especially at the on-site, associate level is one of our priorities. We have a significant number of employees who have been promoted, at least once in their career, often 2 or 3 times, based on their contributions to the success of the organization. We have Service Managers at each property who partner with our Community Managers, as well as our Directors of Building Operations to help to make all critical maintenance decisions. Employees are encouraged and rewarded for making suggestions to improve how we run our operations and service our residents.

While I don’t know if during your employment you reached out to your Regional Manager, Regional President and/or HR to discuss your issues and to provide suggestions, you are still welcome to contact us to share more details. Best wishes for your success in your new role.

Great company, great culture!
Assistant Community Manager (Current Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CAMay 30, 2017
Best company culture - truly AMLI FAMLI. I am blessed to be working with such company. They treat their employees well and being the nationwide company that they are, everyone is still easy to reach out to -- even the company's CEO.
June 8, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. We are so pleased to read that you have embraced the AMLI FAMLI culture and are having a positive experience working with us. Best wishes for your continued success.
Leslie Silverman
SVP Human Resources.

Upbeat environment with great employees
Leasing Professional (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAApril 30, 2017
For the past 2 years, I have learned more about myself than I thought I would. Great company to work for, many fun events and great pay! I was lucky enough to work at a property that had amazing residents and awesome staff!
Pros
Compensation, fun events
May 1, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. We are pleased to read that you experience at AMLI was a positive one. We have a committed team of employees in Seattle who are driving the dynamic and rewarding culture. Thank you for your contributions while at AMLI and best wishes for your continued success.

Leslie Silverman, SVP Human Resources

May 1, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. We are pleased to read that your experience at AMLI was a positive one. We have a committed team of employees in Seattle who are driving the dynamic and rewarding culture. Thank you for your contributions while at AMLI and best wishes for your continued success.

Leslie Silverman, SVP Human Resources

It was a dream job.
Contract administrator (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 17, 2017
This position of Contract Adman was a dream of a lifetime.
I enjoyed going to work everyday. Fantastic in health insurance. Bonus packages
The crew in the office all worked together very well.
I learned very much. I had a General Contractors Licesne
Pros
I was a self starter and had a terrific boss.
April 21, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We are pleased that you had such a positive experience at AMLI. We certainly miss being in the Indy market; we had such a wonderful team of employees there.
We hope you are doing well and wish you much success in your current role.

Best regards,
Leslie Silverman SVP Human Resources.

Fun place to work
Assistant Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAApril 13, 2017
AMLI was a fun place to work. Everyday was different and working with residents was always fun but came with its own challenges. The environment and team was great.
April 17, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to provide a positive review. We hope that the experience you gained at AMLI has helped in your career. We thank you for your contributions, wish you much success in your new role and hope that one day you will return home to AMLI.

This is another duplicate
Property Manager/Sales/Marketing (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXApril 12, 2017
Please refer to previous statement again. This is listed two times and is a duplicate entry. Must be another computer error. I have already made my statement to this company
Quick Paced and Worth It
Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) –  ChicagoApril 5, 2017
AMLI is a fun and competitive place to work. Perfect for anyone looking for a Leasing career. Training is offered every step of the way and you will meet great people along the way.
April 17, 2017

Human Resources/Recruitment Manager

Close-knit team with a wide array of technology initiatives.
Infrastructure Administrator (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 20, 2017
AMLI offers an opportunity to learn and work with various technologies and to find your niche. Everyone on the team was cooperative, cross-disciplined to some extent, and always cooperative.
Pros
Great technology teams, great opportunities to explore and learn new tech.
Cons
IT was often understaffed.
April 21, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to share your insights as a previous AMLI employee. We appreciate that you had a great team experience and have passed your comments on to our IT department. Thank you for your contributions and best wishes for your continued success.

Leslie Silverman SVP Human Resources

Company With Culture
Sr. Leasing Consultant (Current Employee) –  Broomfield, CO 80021March 8, 2017
The only reason for leaving this company was the work schedule. It created a tough work to life balance working Wednesday through Sunday. The culture was amazing and the company in itself was very organized.
Pros
Cons
Work to Life Balance
April 21, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. As a Leasing employee, weekend work is part of the regular work schedule. I am sorry you were not able to make it work but appreciate that you loved the AMLI culture. Thank you also for your time with us and best wishes for your continued success.

Leslie Silverman SVP Human Resources

Best company I have ever worked for!
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 15, 2017
AMLI is an amazing company to work for. They truly care about their employees and are sure to train to give their employees the best opportunity for success. You must be a dedicated hard working employee to enjoy this job, however, if you are you will truly value their work environment!
April 21, 2017

Why did you leave!? Thank you for posting such a terrific review that highlights our employee focused culture. We hope you remember that we welcome back former employees into our Boomerang club.

Best regards,
Leslie Silverman SVP Human Resources.

Pretty awesome place to work
Groundskeeper/Make Ready/Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Austin, TX 78756December 12, 2016
This company is a awesome place to work. i regret taking another job and having to leave Amli. Amli really takes care of its employees and since i was there, there really wasnt a dull moment. Yes you can have difficult days but who doesnt.
Pros
Free lunchs, resident events, Amli events, paid uniforms
Cons
Resident discounts, could have had a better property manager
Best Company
Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 12, 2016
Amli is one of the best companies to work for in the multi-famliy business . Amli have a class room set for training and the culture is one of the best. One thing I can say about amli is before you go to your property you will know what to do and not just fly by the seat of your pant's. I know many people in the business that work for all the other companies and they do not even know each other ,amli every one know's every one that's is why it's more of a famli lol. And the trust when i say the grass is really not greener on the other side.
Pros
The company
Great company
LEASING CONSULTANT/MARKETING CAPTAIN (Former Employee) –  Las Colinas, TXSeptember 23, 2016
Great company, promotion opportunities, great training and beginning place to start if new to industry. I would recommend this company to friends of wanting to get a foot in the door.
Productive, alot of Mutitasking
Concierge (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXSeptember 7, 2016
Still present, so there is not much to say currently,
there is on a typical day, a lot of work to accomplish, when the residents need you, you have to be able to prioritize on whats important, what can wait, what you need to finish taking care of in general. it can be hard also on those really busy days and you are the only one up there, the leasing office doesn't really take in consideration or care of how much workload a job as a concierge is on a day to day basis, they're expecting a lot from you!
Pros
you are on your own
Cons
Mgmt, helping as a cooperative team.
Fun and friendly workplace
Bookkeeper/leasing consultant (Former Employee) –  Wheaton, ILAugust 27, 2016
A typical day started at 10am and ended at 7pm.
I learned how to show apartments to potential renters, to collect and post rent, finalize move out deposits, and process work order requests. The hardest part of the job was juggling clients and accounting work. The most enjoyable part was planning monthly events for the residents.
Pros
401K and health insurance
AMLI Residential
Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJune 11, 2016
Leasing Professional is a fun-filled, busy job for the go getter with sales drive and strong interpersonal skills. AMLI Residentional pays higher commission and higher base pay than most property management companies in the industry.
However, Vacation time is minimal, and the employees here are over worked and often abused.
Bonuses that you earn may not be approved for 90 days plus. Beware.
Pros
Higher hourly rate and higher commission
Cons
Must work even if the highway is closed due to snow
Hard work, but rewarding
Network and Telecommunications Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 18, 2016
I spent 8 years at AMLI and I have put a lot of myself into this company. It has been a very positive place to work and I would recommend it as a company.
Fast paced
Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 10, 2016
Fast paced, growth oriented company. Supportive team work environment. Ever changing environment, each day is a new day with something different. Goal and customer satisfaction focused. Management thrives for full knowledge in all aspects to ensure best support for all team members. Very intriguing products and product knowledge. provided ability to learn from and about all aspects you pursue.
AMLI was a very advanced company that always challenged you
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSDecember 27, 2015
I learned so much from AMLI and I was able to take that learning experience and build on it. They had wonderful team building events and property and individual recognition.
Pros
Great benefits!
Cons
They left the Kansas market
Great Company to work for
Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta GAOctober 19, 2015
Great company culture ! HIgh expectations with big rewards.
Supportive Upper management, great training structure.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AMLI Residential. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3