Ammann & Whitney Employee Reviews

Great place to work.
Office Engineer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 16, 2015
This is a midsize engineering/consulting company with typically a lot of interesting bridge and infrastructure improvement projects available to work on. Company consists of a design and construction management division. I worked in their construction management (resident engineering services) division.
Very well managed company that cares about their employees. Always making extra step to keep quality employees and trying to accommodate employees' desire to be involved on certain projects, keeping in mind their commute, compensation, etc.
Pros
Loyalty to hard working employees
People oriented
Clerk- Admin Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 4, 2014
Being able to connect with people in terms of how given jobs must be done and stated. Being able to interact is developed over time as being clerk.
Pros
Traveling is involved
Cons
Locations might be far
Do not work here if you want to further your career.
Structural Designer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 20, 2012
A typical day at work involved complete lack of direction and incomplete information on tasks provided. During my time at this company my engineering skills regressed. The company has a culture that does not promote hard work, learning or any improvement of any kind. You will be pigeon-holed into doing one task and that will be your job description.
As far as the managers are concerned, they only care about their bonus. Management completely takes advantage of its workers. Anyone that is not at an associate level, has almost zero chance of a bonus or any type of advancement. And, there is certainly no job security. The most enjoyable part of this job was leaving this company. This company cannot compete with other companies in the NYC area. They constantly lose out on jobs. The culture that is prevalent within this company is the sole reason.
those years i worked at a&w i felt like i was in college everyone there fostered a learning enviroment,which allow us employees to perform our jobs.
Bridge Inspector (Former Employee) –  Two world Trade Center New York,N,YApril 30, 2012
lax-a-daysicle that was the order of business.where we were in 2 world trade center afforded us a relaxed atmoshere to work.