AMN Healthcare Employee Reviews

Great Company!
Senior Talent Acquisition Manager (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXMarch 15, 2017
Company really cares about its employees and is the top provider healthcare solutions. Divisions include physician, nursing, allied, technology and numerous others.
Amn
Production Support Specialist I (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 28, 2017
Was brought in as a temp. Was told I was going to be brought onboard. Was let go before that happened for no reason whatsoever. The agency was told that I had a conflict with my supervisor. This never happened.
Pros
Good working atmosohere
Cons
Management cannot be trusted
enjoyable place to work
Client Billing Specialist (Contract) (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 17, 2017
Worked with a great group of people very positive environment. Company bought us lunch several times a month. When the team were sick the supervisors made chicken soup and and brought orange juice.
Pros
wonderful place to work
Cons
hiring a lot of contract workers/ temp jobs
Lots wrong
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 15, 2017
They will not make hospitals adhere to contract and gives you information and then changes what they will do to help you out. Will not make the hospitals keep in the area contracted for and allows travel nurse to be used as a float to supply the hospital floors and take unsafe patient nurse ratio loads
Dependable
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 25, 2017
Provide care to a diverse population, including assessing, educating, and treating. Flexible to work in an array of environments. Self efficient, great time management, and highly knowledgeable to multiple body systems.
The company has some problems.
ICU Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Cedar Park, TXJanuary 20, 2017
The company was able to find me a job, but they almost never paid me on time. I always had to call in my hours, and most of them were rude back to me.
Small Minded Big Business
Leader (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 20, 2017
As the company grows the work life balance deteriares along with the consistent and ongoing practice of living their values.
Extremely talented and dedicated team members and managers/ supervisors are undervalued, overworked, and underpaid. There is no ongoing training to ensure growth and success in new roles which lends to a high turnover rate. Team members are expendable and terminated without cause frequently which is very sad.
Pros
Nice work environment (onsite cafe, gym, Starbucks)
Cons
Career longevity is not likely
Amn
New Physician Consultant (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 18, 2017
This was my first job out of college. It was also my introduction into sales and cold calls. I learned scripts and was essentially a Physician recruiter. It taught me the discipline needed to be successful at sales.
Pros
Great structure and a learning environment
Cons
Cubicles and long hours. Lack of friendly office environment.
Friendly and fun work environment
Recruitment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Del Mar, CAJanuary 18, 2017
Work environment is awesome however upper management is cut throat and will not hesitate to throw you under the bus to save themselves with small exceptions of honor.
Pros
Awesome lunch room with restaurant style amenities and food to match.
Cons
See review
Like of strong management
RPO, Sr. Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 17, 2017
AMN is a great place to gain experience! They pay extremely well, sadly there is no chance for advancement in there recruiting department or stability.
Pros
Pay
Cons
stability
Not a bad place to work
Credentialing Analyst (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 15, 2017
Great training. Pay is lacking compared to other similar companies. You will have a great work life balance and enjoy the company gym.
Working for a vacation with all expenses paid.
Contracted Medical Laboratory Technician (Current Employee) –  St. Petersburg, FLJanuary 13, 2017
I love the experience traveling to new places and meeting new people. The company has treated me extremely well and provided more than enough accommodations for uprooting and taking trips to unknown locations.
Hard work with almost no play
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 11, 2017
This company is a decent first job out of college, they do not have much room for advancement and almost no encouragement to think outside the box.
Pros
easy to be hired
Cons
leads are doubled and your coworkers will back stab you
Hard to adjust
Travel Nurse (Former Employee) –  Boston, MADecember 27, 2016
Difficult assignments. Nurses were not always welcoming of traveling nurses. The recruiter were great, but the work environments itself were difficult.
Good company
Physical Therapist Assistant Traveler (Current Employee) –  New Britain, CTDecember 19, 2016
My recruiter replies to me quickly with my concerns/questions. They are willing to work with the company and with you to get the rate I desire or at least close to it. They also give you the support you need, when there is any conflict with the assignment you are working on.
Great Place To Work
Recruiter RPO (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CADecember 13, 2016
Love this place and don't want to leave. High moral and company values but new management taking over and shaking things up, causing a very high turn-over.
Cons
New management taking over, high turn-over rate
The best travel job I have had had
travel nurse (Former Employee) –  John HopkinsNovember 18, 2016
Get report, Greet my primary patients. View orders, administer medication. Patients had psychiatric and medical issues. IV's , wound care, physical ailments. (Med Surg) components.
Pros
Great pay, Short travel distance.
Very regimented
Traveling RN in CA for two consecutive contracts (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CANovember 13, 2016
Kaiser was very regimented and inflexible which is not good for healthcare. People are individuals and their care should be as well. They have nurses doing so many task type things that they are too bogged down to use their critical thinking.
Income potential
Healthcare Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLNovember 8, 2016
If I had the right director, I would have succeeded in this job, but I was placed with a brand new director whose objectives were not clear about the job's expectations.
Overall good experience
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WANovember 2, 2016
I'm currently working in contract as a travel nurse until January. I do not have daily contact with the company. My recruiter checks in, but otherwise I work at the hospital as an employee of AMN at Seattle Children's.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AMN Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.