AMN Healthcare Employee Reviews

Cafe, gym, and lots of room for growth
Accounts Payable Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 2, 2018
Everyone is really great. The best thing is the people I work with. My managers are very friendly and want to help you grow. I learned a lot more about excel and the AP process
Pros
Cafe
Cons
Commute
Productive workplace
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CADecember 20, 2017
My position required a great attention for detail, interacting with various departments within the organization, as well as with senior management. There were certain times during the month where the job was very demanding, however, the overall job experience was good.
Pros
Great people work for this company
Cons
Advancement/salary options a bit limited
AMN as an Employer
Travel Medical & School Social Worker (Full-time) (Current Employee) –  I'm currently in Maui, HawaiiDecember 18, 2017
AMN is a good company for travel employees. I'm only considering leaving because I would like to be more stationary and close to family. I think the travel Social Workers could be paid more.
If you love a metrics driven job where lower-level employees are just a number, this is the place for you
Billing Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CADecember 16, 2017
AMN has a high turn over rate for a reason. This company brings you in, gives you a crash course training for your role using their own homegrown programs/systems, and expects you to just roll with the punches and figure it out. They entice you with a decent (but still not sustainable) hourly rate for most positions (depending on what department you could start between $16-$20 an hour) and good benefits (medical, dental, vision, 401k, life insurance, discounts at certain retailers, etc). However, considering most employees have at least a bachelor's degree and come into the company having already been in their respective field a few years, this is pretty low paying for the excessive workload most departments face, which usually require a minimum of 10 hours of overtime a week. Employees are constantly told if they do not finish all of the work that is expected of them (even when there are not enough employees to support the workload) they have to do mandatory overtime, which sometimes includes working on weekends (this is not exclusive to one department). This is not an ethical practice as employees are basically guilted into working excessively. Even when you do stay for overtime, you are constantly berated for what you have not accomplished instead of being built up by management for what you have, which drags down team morale and causes resentment. This company is metrics driven, which means your work performance is solely based on your production, which wouldn't be an issue if there were not factors like lack of communication and understanding between departments that affect  more... how much work you can accomplish because you need to gather information from internal partners to actually do your job. Don't even bother trying to tell management how you feel because they don't care to take the time to invest in employees on a personal level unless you are the type of person who blindly says "how high?" when someone asks you to jump. Not to mention, some members of leadership are very unprofessional in their communication with employees, including belittling team members in front of their peers and using profanity casually in the workplace. The lack of support from management is company wide and I believe that if asked, any employee who is not in a leadership role would say the same. A word of advice to AMN: Hire professional leaders who actually lead, not just people who want to attend meetings all day and are not willing to roll up their sleeves to assist with the workload when their employees are overloaded.  less
Great experience
Occupational Therapist (Current Employee) –  Port Saint Lucie, FLDecember 15, 2017
I worked an AMN as a travel occupational therapist and got to experience working at different job locations while traveling to different locations. If you want to travel and work 3 month stints at a time, I highly recommend this job for you.
Pros
great pay
Cons
sometimes can't find a job where you want to be located
Diligence is key
Healthcare Recruiter (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CADecember 14, 2017
This is the perfect environment for someone just starting out. The first few months you will work well into the night if you want the bonuses! I could have stayed over 12 hours everyday if I really wanted to. The fact that there is no cap on overtime is incredible, but it just wasnt complementing my family life. It will ebb and flow here thats for sure. The culture is amazing but if you dont have support from your family or spouse, this place will break you.
Productive and fun place working with doctors and nurses
Credentialing Analyst (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXDecember 10, 2017
Gathering information for doctors to get priveledges for working in clinics and hospitals. Responded to emails or called out to aquire all necessary paperwork for the potential candidates
Pros
Always had 1 hour lunch
Cons
N/a
everyone is overworked
Customer Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CADecember 8, 2017
Company is growing rapidly and not investing enough in it's people. Even management says you should work here because you're passionate about your customers, not for the pay.
Pros
caring management, fun activities
Cons
pay
Poor Organization with no support from Upper Management
Staff Care - Credentialing Analyst (Former Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXNovember 29, 2017
No systematic procedures are in place to prevent fraudulent providers from getting credentialed thereby putting innocent patients at risk. Production partners will sometimes take over the credentialing process just to ascertain commission/revenue which also puts patients and clients at risk. Upper management is not supportive and there is constant turnover including upper management positions. Most team members average 1 - 2 years of employment.
Pros
great environment to learn the credentialing process
Cons
aggressive production team members that will take over credentialing with no consequence, a lot of phsicians are mislead in the expecations of credentialing process, and fraudulent physicians can get through
AMN as a company
Registered Nurse (RN) (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 22, 2017
Typical day with AMN was a little stressful as a travel RN due to the extra steps needed to take in order to fill out time card/sheet rather than being able to clock in/out as all the regular employees do.
Pros
Breaks in between contracts if desired
Cons
Low Pay, No benefits
amn
RN (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 17, 2017
AMN as the company was great but the company provided housing was less than adequate with my first assignment. I suggest finding your own housing. The last assignment I took was horrible but that is no fault of AMN.
Relax, prompt response
Travel Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  United StatesNovember 16, 2017
AMN Healthcare is a recruiting agency that I work for. I have never met any of the employees in person but I have built a relationship with them over the phone and email. I have never had a problem with them and they listen to my comments and concerns. I don't have any complaints about AMN.
interesting place to work
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 15, 2017
Great training and mentor program but kind of left after that. Managers spend more time in meetings than helping their teams, teams are very bonded great resources for informations and support.
Cons
Management, Pay, high volume
Ok place to work for and good potential but not very stable
Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXNovember 13, 2017
The department that I worked in was moved out of state. We received 2 weeks severance which was not very good but at least it was something. Management was for the most part not available. The assistant managers were uninvolved for the most part.
Pros
no micro managing
Cons
not a stable environment
Upper Managment is old school and unprofesional
Senior Account Manager/Business Development (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 5, 2017
Would not recommend to anyone who values honesty, decent pay or growth. The culture is old school and can be very negative. Pay is not in line with the work load (which is an ungodly amount). Upper Management has been around for over 10 to 15 years so, AMN is all they know and the policies, procedures are very antiquated.
Pros
resume builder
Cons
most everything else
Competitive glass ceiling
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLNovember 5, 2017
Poor management and continuous changes. Lack of communication skills and career advancement. Long hours for most team members, and not compensated fairly.
Very friendly environment
Travel Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  Ithaca, NYNovember 1, 2017
Outstanding team dynamics. I enjoy working with the nurses. and Respiratory department. As a traveler I fit in really well with the team. I made many life long friendships!
no care attitudes to be more efficient
Account Receivable Clerk (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CA 92130October 24, 2017
The work place it self is great. There is no open communication and suggestions are not wanted or considered. Management showed favoritism and there is no training manual to refer to. I was placed in a section of 6 reps that did not collect on the same portfolio as me and I had to constantly get up and walk over to the trainee, who was over worked. I never even had 1 review done on me the entire time I was there.
Pros
they have a nice cafe
Cons
1/2 lunch, management
n/a
Senior Customer Account Manager (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 10, 2017
Management is great. They really care about your personal and professional development even if it means that it happens outside of the company. They are constantly trying to improve the systems, environment and utilize feedback to actually make changes.
No Work, life, balance
Sr. Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 8, 2017
They say "fast paced" but it's plain and simple an overworked environment. A typical day is 7:30 am - 6:00 pm and one day on the weekend. Management is aware and chooses to not acknowledge.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AMN Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.