AMN Healthcare

AMN Healthcare Employee Reviews

Great place to start your career
Senior Recruiter (Current Employee), San Diego, CAJune 15, 2015
Pros: Cafe, location, co-workers
Cons: Cold Calls, cubicle
AMN is a bit behind the times with their technology and employee benefits. I know a lot of companies who are more flexible with their hours, PTO and compensation. The healthcare industry is continuing to rise so job security is great. Management and co-workers are great, it's a just a public company which makes the work environment a little more strict. The job alone requires you to work with other departments and your commission depends on the support of these departments in order to do your job correctly.
Good work environment
Customer Service (Former Employee), Irving, TxMay 23, 2015
The work environment is very relaxed even though the dress is business causal. This company has competitive pay and good benefits.
Great management, poor compensation
Digital Imaging Specialist/Recruitment Specialist (Former Employee), Del Mar, CAMay 8, 2015
Pros: Great people to work with.
Cons: Not enough compensation for the work you do.
They work you hard and expect you to hit high goals but don't compensate you enough. Overall, they are a great company to work for since the people are so fun to work with. They create a fun environment as well.

They sometimes have free food and they care about about your career growth.
great place to work
Team Lead Credentialing Analyst (Current Employee), San Diego, CAMay 4, 2015
Very flexible and laid back. AT times there is lack of support with the programs and funding however it is a fun place to be.
Credentialing Analyst-Remote (Current Employee), RemoteMarch 12, 2015
Great company to work for and have supportive management! Managers value their employees and are willing to assist with career growth in any way possible.

March 23, 2015

Thank you for sharing your experience of working at AMN - I am glad to hear you were happy with the growth opportunities and leadership support provided. We are always open to your feedback on how to continue to support our employees. If you have suggestions that you would like us to consider, please do not hesitate to contact me at at Julie.Fletcher@amnhealthcare.com or 858-314-4772. Thank you again for your review. -Julie Fletcher, Chief Talent Officer, AMN Healthcare

Worked with wonderful people, however AMN healthcare very unorganized.
Licensed Massage Therapist (Former Employee), Aurora, COFebruary 9, 2015
Pros: pick own schedule
Cons: very unorganized
Review Medical History and causes of pain with Clients.
Educate clients about massage and how it will benefit them in the long run.
Apply finger and elbow pressure on appropriate trigger points to decrease pain and increase Range of Motion.
Massage and press muscles and soft tissues of the body to give treatment for medical conditions, injuries or wellness maintenance.
Recommend stretching and other techniques for at home care.
Charted SOAP Notes
Fast paced and goal driven company
Senior Quality Services Analyst (Current Employee), Del Mar, CAFebruary 4, 2015
Pros: onsite cafe and gym. great team members
A typical day at work focuses on assisting nurses getting complaint to work at various hospitals throughout the United States. Working and partnering with external and internal staff.
AMN Healthcare Receives Top Workplace Award
Senior Billing Specialist (Current Employee), San Diego, CAFebruary 2, 2015
Innovator in healthcare workforce solutions.
Positive and inspiring work environment.
Focused on Communication, Leadership, Culture, Rewards & Recognition, Professional & Personal Growth, Accountability & Performance, Vision & Values and Corporate Social Responsibility
Temp assignment
Temporary Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee), Del Mar, CAJanuary 16, 2015
Pros: fun environment
Cons: assignment ended
Working with AMN Healthcare was alot of fun. They really got into the holiday season, treated employees well and just had a fun environment. I was so sad that my temp assignment ended and there was not an available full time position there for me.

January 26, 2015

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience with AMN – I am so glad it was a positive one! I am sorry we did not have a position open right away for you, but I hope you will continue to check our job listings on our website. We would love to welcome you back in the future. –Julie Fletcher, Chief Talent Officer, AMN

Recruiting
Temp Contract Recruiter (Current Employee), San Diego, CANovember 3, 2014
Excellent Place to work. Very corporate very nice coworkers.
Very Fun and Enjoyable Workplace
Hospital Account Coordinator- Managed Services (Current Employee), San Diego, CAOctober 20, 2014
Pros: excellent cafe, beautiful location, great admin team
The AMN culture is rich and encouraging. The atmosphere is phenomenal and from the administrators, to management down to the regular employees everyone is treated with equality. The HR team is wonderful and I have nothing but great things to say. AMN makes sure each employee is provided with more than enough adequate training to successfully complete their job. All departments work together dynamically to keep a fun environment.
an amazing work experience at times!
Sr. Traveler Qualifications Representative (Former Employee), Huntersville, NCOctober 16, 2014
Pros: an hour lunch break & lots of diversity
Cons: not much room to advance your career
I was able to call differnt time zones, all over the world, including France, Canada etc. It was great to speak with people from other cultures
Not bad
Business Systems Analyst (Current Employee), san diego, caOctober 15, 2014
good culture, no opportunity for growth due to rapidly changing technology strategy.
Be careful of politics
Recruiter (Former Employee), Irving, TXOctober 14, 2014
Be careful of the politics in the office setting, its a revolving door....
Fast-pace environment
Nurse Recruiter (Current Employee), San Diego, CAOctober 7, 2014
Very busy environment with a lot of growth opportunities. Friendly environment with a lot of support from co-workers and management.
Associate Vendor Coordinator (Former Employee), San Diego,CAOctober 1, 2014
Pros: health insurance
Cons: being remote sometimes you did not get included in meetings that could have been needed.
-Worked with high end hospitals to get Nurses compliant to work by reviewing their documents for compliance.
-Management was available and helpful.
-Coworkers were always willing to help out. I was a remote employee so help via phone or email was welcome from employees at the Corporate office.
-Being remote was hard to receive timely answers if needed.
-Not fighting traffic and no office gossip was the best part of being remote and being a independent worker was the most enjoyable part of my work.
I enjoyed working with AMN
Travel RN (Former Employee), New York Presbyterian HospitalSeptember 18, 2014
Pros: great housing location
Cons: no sick days
I have a great recruiter which I think is "key"
It was a great time, while enhancing my personal and professional growth!
Rollout of new office hit a few bumps in the road
Recruitment Manager (Former Employee), New York, NYSeptember 13, 2014
Pros: nice benefit package
Cons: office was new
AMN is a travel nursing giant, so AMN had excellent benefits and a complete training process which was very involved. Unfortunately the location I worked at was a new location and wasn't the office wasn't given the direction needed from the corporate headquarters. In essence leaving the manager of the office with out any real authority to direct the office toward the goals set forth from corporate.

Be ready for lots of conference calls and expect to work on at least 7 different systems. Hopefully they will streamline the databases, otherwise I would expect for their to eventually be billing problems with clients, etc...

Overall AMN was a reputable company experiencing the kinks of opening a new office.

September 24, 2014

Thank you for your feedback. We value all of our team members and understand how each individual is important to the Company’s mission. To that end we are proud to offer a multitude of training programs and comprehensive benefit options, and I am glad you found these beneficial. In regards to our databases, I am very happy to report we are in the midst of a company-wide technology overhaul that will result in upgraded and streamlined operating systems, software and machines. This is a multi-year project and team members are encouraged to take an active role in this transformation. I would love to speak to you more about your recommendations. I hope you will contact me by calling AMN at any time.

great company
Traveling Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee), FlAugust 25, 2014
Enjoying being a traveler! They have taken care of me every step of the way!
a good travel company to start out
Registered Travel Nurse (Current Employee), San Diego, CAJune 11, 2014
reliable customer service. Attentive to questions and response time is within a timely fashion.

1 2 3 4

About AMN Healthcare

AMN Healthcare is the innovator in healthcare workforce solutions and staffing services to healthcare facilities across the nation. – Read more

AMN Healthcare Salaries