Amonix, Inc. is the leading concentrated photovoltaic (CPV) manufacturer in the world, with over 20 years experience perfecting its systems. Amonix has the longest track record of real-world CPV deployments in the industry, with 84% of worldwide marketshare including the largest CPV project in the world in Alamosa, CO. Amonix continues to design and manufacture its next generation systems with even higher efficiency and lower energy production costs.
Title: CAD Designer / Drafter
Location: Seal Beach, CA
Description of Role:
Reporting into the Director of Engineering, the CAD Designer / Drafter will transform initial rough product designs using SolidWorks computer aided design (CAD) into working documents and models. The ideal candidate must have the ability to create and review engineering drawings and documentation to ensure adherence to established specifications and standards such as ANSI Y14.5. The Designer will work as part of an integrated product development team with product design engineers, manufacturing engineers, operations personnel, and supply chain personnel to optimize product design and fabrication practices. Reliance on experience and judgment to plan to accomplish goals is a must. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
- Extensive experience with SolidWorks 3D CAD modeling and drafting tools
- Experience generating ANSI compliant mechanical drawings
- Ability to develop & deliver clear and concise concept presentations (PowerPoint, Word, etc.)
- Ability to apply and interpret GD&T (Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerances)
- Experience with SolidWorks PDM and/ or EPDM solutions
- Experience as a Solidwork PDM/ EPDM administrator is a plus
- Certified SolidWorks Professional is a plus
- Experience with Agile PLM is a plus
- Finite Element Analysis experience is a plus
- Automotive experience is a plus
- 2-5 years related work experience or an exceptional educational background with specific recommendations.
- Outstanding communication skills
- Motivation: Must be ambitious, like to work hard, be highly motivated, and able to work in a fast-paced environment. Must share the senior management team’s vision of building a world class, global solar business.
- Integrity: Has highest standards of integrity reflected in all external and internal communications.
- Flexibility: The renewable energy industry is constantly evolving, as is Amonix’ business.
- Communication: Exceptional communicator in written, graphical and oral forms, with a collaborative and flexible style.
- Personality: Self-motivated, high energy, respectful, honest, hard-working and loyal team player.
Applicants must be eligible to work in the United States and be able to pass a background check
Indeed - 17 months ago