Ampac Fine Chemicals Employee Reviews

very dangerous place to work with little job security as a new hire
Chemical Plant Technician/Operator (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CADecember 20, 2016
show up
clock in
go to what ever building your scheduled to work at
some good people, mostly people that act like there still in high school and talk about each other instead of just working.
most enjoyable part of working here is going home at the end of your work day
They will work you to the bone
Associate Chemist (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CAJune 4, 2016
This company is great for the experience. You will get hands on experience with all sorts of analytical instruments. The main issues were the amount of work and inability of management to hire enough people to reduce the workload. There would be literally 13 or 14 hour days, sometimes where you would have to skip lunch at the request of the manager/lead. The work/life balance is nonexistent. If you can handle the nervous breakdowns, by all means this is the company for you.
Pros
Great experience, decent pay
Cons
Work/life balance, management, toxicity of chemicals handled
Safety driven and efficient company
Production Intern (Former Employee) –  La Porte, TXOctober 21, 2015
Work always felt safe. Employees there knew their skill/trade very well. Asked questions and got answers. Great place to gain valuable pharmaceutical experience and utilize my degree.
A Back breaking, money making, fulfilling job.
Chemical Material Handler/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cordova CaliforniaSeptember 12, 2014
Work is out of the norm, It can be from a typical Warehouse job, receiving, data entry and issuance of raw materials which are Active pharmaceutical ingredients like bio or non bio hazardous chemicals to Quality ensuring of final products like making sure that weights and serial numbers on barrels matches whatever is on the paperwork then preparation for shipment to customer according to customer request i.e which pallet to use,how many barrels of final product per pallet, how many straps and shrink wrap to use, and transportation of raw materials or parts ordered from warehouse to the plant and deliveries of packages received on a daily basis from Fed Ex and UPS and other couriers and up to Obtaining chemical samples for laboratory testing making sure material integrity is preserved. Management is known not to have a back bone because of the amount of job/work being placed on a single employee and refusal to hire more people to lessen work load, But I personally have no problem with management and enjoys a working environment with them as well as my co-workers no matter how hard or difficult it is to catch up on a day's work we still have a solid fun team that work together like brothers and sisters If one co-worker has an issue we try to resolve or help with in ourselves then go to management or union rep If Issue cannot be resolved. The Hardest part of my previous job is the Chemical sampling, After we received and make sure that material matches paperwork it came with (Bill of Lading, Packing slip, C of A and Weight ticket for Tankers) we obtain samples according to company's  more... SOP we have a sampling booth where in we have to obtain chemical samples from drums or barrels as well as tankers, The hard part about it is Wearing all the PPE (Personal protective equipment) such as respirators and Tyvek's/ Tychem Its hard to move with the protective clothing. The most enjoyable part of the job (besides the huge salary) is my Co-workers no matter how hard and difficult the job or work load is we are still able to enjoy and have fun but work professional at the same time.  less
Pros
Great salary and benefits
Cons
Working environment is Very Dangerous Hazardous Chemicals everywhere explosives and acids too.
Great pay and benifits
operator (Former Employee) –  rancho cordovaJune 9, 2014
You learn about chemicals, you are part of a union.
there are 3 shifts day, swing and grave.
cool co-workers
you clock in go to your building and go to work.
Pros
great pay
Cons
supervisors
already said something about this company
Financial Specialist (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CAMay 18, 2014
great place to work
I paid all bills that came into company.
Audit processes
Monthly, quarterly and yearly accruals
coding specialist
created all templets for maintenance division procedures
Great job!
Buyer, THIS (Current Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CAFebruary 19, 2014
Buyer that bought things! It has been wonderful gaining knowledge in this industry.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ampac Fine Chemicals. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2