AMPAM PARKS MECHANICAL Employee Reviews in United States

Ampam
Relationship Manager (Current Employee) –  Carson, CAApril 19, 2016
I have been working in AMPAM for two years. I started as an admin with 0 experience in construction and I got a promotion within 6 months. AMPAM offered me great training and recognized my potential and opened many opportunities for me. The company offers great in house training (including Revit training for all employees) and they also offer an education reimbursement program for Graduate Schools. The company is very supportive and they go above and beyond to provide opportunities for all their employees. AMPAM is a design/build plumbing company and they also do the fabrication in-house. They focus on multi-family apartments +200 units. They have over 1000 units in their pipeline so plenty of work for long time and job security. You never have to worry about running out of work.
Pros
Management team is great and the company really cares for the employees.
Cons
I can't really think of any. AMPAM has great training program, unlimited job opportunities, great pay, good insurance benefits, and great environment to work in. I honestly can't complain
This company doesn't care about their employees!!
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, CAMarch 15, 2016
This is one of the worst companies anyone can ever work for! The working conditions are horrible there isn't even a lunch room or anywhere to store your lunch! There is no sort of management in the company either, everyone in the office seems to do whatever they want and just watch each other's backs when it comes to talking to their superiors! I was given a data entry position that only lasted a week because the person I was replacing couldn't handle the pressure of being near the owner because apparently he gave her too much attitude! So of course I was terminted with the vaguest excuse! Which was for not doing my work correctly which was ridiculous!!! Anyone could input numbers on an excel sheet! When I demanded a reason all they could say is that I gave them attitude, which was false why would anyone who is just starting a new employment with a new company try and give anyone attitude within the first week of employment. This company played favoratism and instead of giving me the real reason for termination they just falsely accused me of not being able to do my job correctly! And it didn't end there, I got terminated on a Friday afternoon and Saturday morning I noticed my car had been keyed on the passenger door next to the driver seat and of couse I have no evidence to proof one of AMPAM employees keyed my car but I'm 100% sure one of those employees did! Just because my car is parked in a private driveway and I went straight home humiliated after the ridiculous excuse HR gave me for terminating me!
Pros
There is nothing positive I can say
Cons
This company is the worst company I have ever worked for
Poor Management and Compensation
Human Resources Administrator (Former Employee) –  Carson, CAAugust 27, 2015
In the time I worked at AMPAM Parks Mechanical I experienced a demoralizing job culture. Most of the executive team has no issues with belittling employees, allowing employees with tenure to act in a malicious and unprofessional manner towards new employees, and with providing poor working conditions. The executive team preferred to cut cost and disregard employees rights (such as having laborers and apprentice plumbers who did not make double the minimum wage buy their own tools). I witnessed legal and HR advise them time and time again of the legal way of doing things and be shut down. I also witnessed the CFO mishandle issues and tell employees to not "bother him or CEO" with issues even though their employee handbook states they have an open door policy. I worked very hard to demonstrate my abilities and to do what I could to protect the company, as well as work 55+ hours a week to correct errors made by employees with tenured who completely mismanaged or ignored their task.
The compensation is grossly poor, vacation is not offered, sick time is only offered because of the new law implemented on July 1st, and any health benefits offered are rarely taken advantage of because of the extremely expensive rates offered. The pay is not competitive and they do not conduct yearly employee evaluations to employees who are not in an executive or supervisor role, therefore you do not receive an official rating of your performance. I regret taking a job here, I would never recommend this company, I do not believe they care about employee morale, and I have to say this is the only
  more... employer who I am ashamed to have worked for.  less
Pros
Unfortunately I have nothing positive to say about this company
Cons
poor executive team, poor compensation, poor employee appreciation.
BAD work enviorment
Martial administrative assistant (Former Employee) –  CasonJuly 31, 2015
OSCHA should shut this place down. Gross work conditions for field employees. A lot of work related injuries because of poor work stations. workers are out in the sun 8 hours a day.
Excellent company
General Laborer (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 22, 2014
Great place to work.. Learned a lot about the construction industry
Hard working all day ,cut and treade pipe all day install gas lines
Plumber (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, CAApril 8, 2014
It was fun working with co- workers learned how to take apart a pipe machine and put it back together the best part of the job was working hands on.
Pros
nice lunch break
Cons
short breaks and health care
Good
Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, CAMarch 6, 2014
Great Company but not secured. It is hit and miss. Not enough work and recently decided to bid on public works projects due to lack of work. Other than that it is ok.
Major Bad Choice
Unsure by Managment (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CANovember 21, 2013
Employed there two days to go to my 90 day probation period was up and it was torchor but also a learning experience for me.

The thing I learned was "it is not ok to work in enviorment where they dont treat people with respect, communicate without abuse and are not professional.

Managment needs classes on how to speak and treat employees, I did hear from other employees that there have been many actions reported against certain indiviuals regarding issues that I speak of.

Dont work here like someone said above unless your desperate, the pay is not at all good, no paid holidays or vacations and benefits.

Upon my leaving they terminated a family member also for no good reason, which was unfair.

Project Manager is so used of this treatment he continues to let it happen so the Superintendent continues to use abusive words and actions toward him and everyone else within the San Jose office. I was told my the PM to just ignore how I was being treated and just let the Super speak his words, but thank goodness it all came to an end.
Cons
unfair treatment, poor pay, unskilled managment, no benefits
Diverse challenges, stimulating.
Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, CANovember 6, 2012
Diverse challenges, stimulating. Constant flow of incomming jobs.
Pros
diverse challenges, stimulating. constant flow of incomming jobs.
Cons
slowing economy and job loss.
Fast Paced Team Enviroment
CAD Drafter/Assistant Designer (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, CAJuly 17, 2012
I have learned to be an independent worker as well as working in a real team environment. The typical day consist of plumbing, waste/vent, water/gas and storm drain plans, making changes, changing backgrounds (xrefs, dwfs, pdfs), getting ready of submittals by plotting hard copy sets or PDF sets and submitting to the client on ftp sites or by delivery. Sometimes plans need to be taken directly to downtown LA to the building department. The team here is large and I have been able to learn a lot of important skills not only in AutoCAD but also in design concepts. Above all, this has taught me to work independently for long periods of time without direct supervision. The co-workers and management are great and there is a lot of knowledge there, always ready to be passed just by asking questions. Everyone has been really helpful. There are many challenges which often take a lot of thought and mental energy to solving difficult problems and finding solutions that meet the clients needs. The most enjoyable part of the job is completing deadlines and finishing the job on time. Now I am looking to advance in new opportunities.
Pros
great team enviroment.
Cons
no raises, no benifits and really not much chance to move up or progress.

Want to know more about AMPAM PARKS MECHANICAL?

Ask a question