AMPAM PARKS MECHANICAL

AMPAM PARKS MECHANICAL Employer Reviews

Good
Staff Accountant (Former Employee), Wilmington, CAMarch 6, 2014
Great Company but not secured. It is hit and miss. Not enough work and recently decided to bid on public works projects due to lack of work. Other than that it is ok.
Major Bad Choice
Unsure by Managment (Former Employee), San Jose, CANovember 21, 2013
Cons: unfair treatment, poor pay, unskilled managment, no benefits
Employed there two days to go to my 90 day probation period was up and it was torchor but also a learning experience for me.

The thing I learned was "it is not ok to work in enviorment where they dont treat people with respect, communicate without abuse and are not professional.

Managment needs classes on how to speak and treat employees, I did hear – more... from other employees that there have been many actions reported against certain indiviuals regarding issues that I speak of.

Dont work here like someone said above unless your desperate, the pay is not at all good, no paid holidays or vacations and benefits.

Upon my leaving they terminated a family member also for no good reason, which was unfair.

Project Manager is so used of this treatment he continues to let it happen so the Superintendent continues to use abusive words and actions toward him and everyone else within the San Jose office. I was told my the PM to just ignore how I was being treated and just let the Super speak his words, but thank goodness it all came to an end. – less
Diverse challenges, stimulating.
Superintendent (Former Employee), Wilmington, CANovember 6, 2012
Pros: diverse challenges, stimulating. constant flow of incomming jobs.
Cons: slowing economy and job loss.
Diverse challenges, stimulating. Constant flow of incomming jobs.
Fast Paced Team Enviroment
CAD Drafter/Assistant Designer (Current Employee), Wilmington, CAJuly 17, 2012
Pros: great team enviroment.
Cons: no raises, no benifits and really not much chance to move up or progress.
I have learned to be an independent worker as well as working in a real team environment. The typical day consist of plumbing, waste/vent, water/gas and storm drain plans, making changes, changing backgrounds (xrefs, dwfs, pdfs), getting ready of submittals by plotting hard copy sets or PDF sets and submitting to the client on ftp sites or by delivery. – more... Sometimes plans need to be taken directly to downtown LA to the building department. The team here is large and I have been able to learn a lot of important skills not only in AutoCAD but also in design concepts. Above all, this has taught me to work independently for long periods of time without direct supervision. The co-workers and management are great and there is a lot of knowledge there, always ready to be passed just by asking questions. Everyone has been really helpful. There are many challenges which often take a lot of thought and mental energy to solving difficult problems and finding solutions that meet the clients needs. The most enjoyable part of the job is completing deadlines and finishing the job on time. Now I am looking to advance in new opportunities. – less