Amphenol Aerospace Employee Reviews

Diverse work but stressful
Test Engineer (Former Employee), Sidney, NYJune 26, 2015
I was a test engineer, meaning I worked both in quality and in R&D. I tested core products to pass/fail specifications, qualified new products for sales and marketing, and analyzed new designs for engineering.

I learned a lot about the aerospace industry as well as military and global test specifications.

Low level managers had their hearts in the right place, but unfortunately upper management was run by people who only looked at numbers and didn't fully understand how to do the jobs they were managing.

Because of this, the work environment was very stressful with lots of tight and somewhat unrealistic/impossible deadlines that required lots of overtime work.
Fun and productive place to work
Plater Helper (Former Employee), Plating Building, SidneyJune 2, 2015
Pros: set schedules, overtime, people
Cons: lay offs, chemical exposure
Amphenol is a great place to work, minus the job security. The pay is great, and there are plenty of opportunities to make new friends while getting the job done.
Overall enjoyable experience
DESIGN ENGINEER (Former Employee), Sidney, NYApril 29, 2015
For a first full time job I really can't complain. I worked on several new products and as a result I was never bored and acquired invaluable experience.
Great place for advancement, low life out of work
CNC Operator (Former Employee), Sidney, NYMarch 27, 2015
Pros: Very pro training
Cons: Layoff at any point.
Risk of layoff at any point in career, union workshop, manufacturing based, awesome co-workers and a great place to work.
Intern: Good working hours, plenty of overtime, decent pay
Environmental Engineering Intern (Former Employee), Sidney, NYMarch 3, 2015
Pros: good hours, freedom of working on project
Cons: long hours in front of computer and using old inventory systems
Arrived at 7:30 in the morning and would put in a good 8 hour day. with option to perform overtime if needed. Would typically put in 45-48 hours a week.

Primary duty was to create an easy to use system that would catalog the compositions of product and compare to European environmental regulations.

Secondary duty was to use drafting skills to plot exhaust stacks for NY State environmental emissions license, and plan new pipelines for acid lines in the plating plant.

Worked directly underneath an environmental engineer with several other interns.
Very busy atmosphere with many co-workers.
Assembler/Production (Former Employee), Sidney, NYMarch 3, 2015
Pros: lots of overtime on the weekends.
Cons: laid off before 90 day probation was up.
A typical day at work consisted of cleaning, and building parts for different kinds of aircraft. The thing I learned most during my time at Amphenol was math. My mathematics skills and blueprint reading skills were enhanced at a massive degree. My co-workers were very friendly and very dedicated to what they were doing. The hardest part about this job was the shift schedule, 3 pm - 11:30 pm. The most enjoyable part of this job was that I was constantly busy and learning new things.
Beware
Plating Supervisor (Former Employee), Sidney, NYJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: good workers
Cons: terrible management
You would find a union shop with very good talented hard workers. The problem is on the management side. You would be reporting to a glorified plater that doesn't know what a ion is. He is very easily threatened by anyone that knows more than he does. If you threaten him his MO is to cut your throat and throw you out the back door. Sidney is a small town locate far from any shopping or entertainment. There is a lot of unemployment and street drugs. Please use caution if you are considering this position.
Good, not great
Test Automation Engineer (Current Employee), Sidney, NYJanuary 20, 2015
I do not wish to comment. I will talk to specific employers is asked. I need to fill in words here as required. I need 40 words. This is just filler. Please disregard. I need to keep writing, which seems a little silly. Blah blah blah. This is the last sentence.
Best at what they do. Can gain good experience.
PM (Former Employee), Sidney, NYDecember 16, 2013
A typical day was very fast paced and involved multitasking and critical thinking. As a main point of contact for many programs and day to day actions, I interacted with people from every department, outside sales and customers. I gained skills from all corners of a business from: marketing/sales, production, accounting, quality, etc. This experience allowed me to acquire a strong skill set and empathy for good decision making, critical thinking, and team work. The biggest challenge was prioritizing and time management due to the number of orders that had to ship on time! I enjoyed the people interaction and travel as well as the challenges between order and delivery.
Wonderful place to work
CNC Machinist Trainee (Former Employee), Sidney, NYMay 1, 2013
Pros: great money, great opportunity
great people, great experience, felt like i was taken under their wing and taught all they could show me with no sense of annoyance
Good Pay
Machinist (Former Employee), Sidney, NYJuly 4, 2012
Pros: pay
Cons: just another number
Not a bad place of work but low job security. advanced up to max pay quickly but its a union based shop and seniority is all that matters not your work habits or quality of work.
Good place to work if you want a 55hr to 65 hr a week schedule
Molder operator (Former Employee), Sidney, NYJune 5, 2012
Pros: able to pay bills, health and vision a plus
Cons: low vacation hours, loads of work time, and family time sacrifice for the company
I'd like to work there again! Able to cross train and learn many industrial abilities with this company. They will help with furthering ones training too.
fast paced
Maintenance and Machine Repair Supervisor (Former Employee), Sidney,NYMay 23, 2012
Need to talk in person at interview. lots of different processes and machining, and other processes everyday.
Union shop, located in Sidney, NY
Machinist B (Former Employee), Sidney, NYMarch 13, 2012
Pros: excellent benefits, great wages, and lots of room for advancement.
Cons: union rules, some miscommunications, area prone to flooding.
A descent size shop that employed over 1200 when I started my employment there. Due to economic hardships, the number of union employees has decreased to under 600.