Amphenol Employee Reviews in United States

Nice working environment with all tools and equipment.
Mechanical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Lincolnshire, ILApril 11, 2016
I worked at this company for developing new sliding platform and hinges for mobile phones by using ProE, ABCUS, mini-mechanical tensile tester, etc.
good people to work for but not a lot of room for advancement
materials/inventory control (Former Employee) –  Endwell NYOctober 25, 2015
worked for them for 7 seven years out of Endicott NY worked many hrs and had great co-workers. management was for the most part pretty lean and seemed to try to work with everyone. Learned alot of different jobs and had fun doing it. It was over 30 years ago so very young and willing to get all the hours and knowledge allowed.
productive and fun
Assembler (Current Employee) –  Cerritos, CAAugust 3, 2015
the job is very demanding pyhsically and we work overtime here and there so it takes a toll on the body my coworkers and i are very good and helpful towards one another
great place for hard workers
machine operator (Former Employee) –  Sidney, NYJune 17, 2015
typical day* constantly learning new stuff.

learned* how to set-up, manage, and run a bar-lathe cnc machine.

management* not afraid to let go of unproductive workers, but all-around good people if you do your job.

co-workers* good people, helpful, and some a little odd.

hardest part* remembering all the controls and tool bit codes.

enjoyable part* when you've learned enough to just do your job rather than hunting down a supervisor and asking questions.
Pros
good pay, and over time
Cons
lay-offs
Worked daily to improve output.
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Sidney, NYNovember 29, 2014
Work with operators to resolve conflict and issues to insure a productive day before it ends.
Productive and fun place
Inspector / Operator (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MINovember 13, 2014
Good until production moved to Mexico. I liked working with electronic components. I learned something new almost every day.
i like saving the company money and have the ceo come down and say thank you
shippimg suppervisor (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILApril 24, 2014
i would be at work from 5:00am to5:30pm some times later my boss would come in at 9:00am to 3:30pm my boss was nut there for us my co workers from time to time i would buy them lunch just to say thank the the great job you did best part of my job was when we would get letter from company saying thank you for getting are order out on time
Pros
my ceo was a great boos
Cons
my boss want nut there for us
Never know what my tasks may be for the day.
engineering technician (Current Employee) –  winston-salem ncApril 14, 2014
On any day I could be asked to do anything in stamping or molding. My skills are from running presses all the way to set-ups of new jobs. I could be asked to simply run the presses which typically a person runs 3 presses. I could also be asked to trouble shoot presses that are not running for various reasons from process issues to errors that may have occurred in automation or machine issues. I have done mold setting and processing. I have also laced stamping machines and changed out prep tools on the stamping side.
Great job.
Group leader (Former Employee) –  Nashua, NHFebruary 23, 2014
Managed 25 people on 2nd shift. I had to meet the goals and plan.
Pros
great experiance.
Cons
left for new postion.
Worst job I ever had - by far
Quality Manager (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCFebruary 10, 2014
Amphenol is primarily focused on meeting monthly financial goals. They are NOT focused on people/culture, creating systems, or any other long-term goal. The company does not have a focus on Quality at all. The office environment is the worst I've seen ... no one smiles or enjoys their job there. Most managers there work 12-14 hour days and are underpaid.
Created Airplance Connectors
QC Inspector (Former Employee) –  Sidney, NYJanuary 24, 2014
QC Inspector and production. I enjoyed the people I worked with. I did not enjoy getting laid off when the company moved most of the work to Mexico.
Structured environment with benefits
Line Assembly (Current Employee) –  Hays, KSJanuary 19, 2014
Amphenol/ Adronics is a day to day job that operates Monday through Friday from seven a.m. to three- thirty p.m. with the opportunity for overtime on occasion. Days off where major holidays such as Thanksgiving, Christmas, Easter and Fourth of July with accrued days off. Benefits included medical, dental, vision, disability, flexible spending account and others. I learned how to manage time for maximum output. The work environment was relaxed, but structured. The management were easy to speak to when needed and any personal issues needing attendance where acknowledged and scheduled.
Pros
day time hours are family friendly
Felt like a third wheel, no training, mostly nice people though.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  CottonwoodJanuary 5, 2014
I was hired at this company based on my trainability. There was no training. I learned to do my job by asking a lot of different people questions and looking at the notes the girl I replaced left in the desk drawer. The people that I worked closest with weren't super friendly and were constantly chatting about their personal lives, sometimes even being crude. The managers were mostly nice and the engineers tried to help me learn when they had time, which I really appreciate. Although I felt like I was catching on quickly and doing alright at my job, my boss made me feel like it didn't matter if I was there or not though. That wasn't a nice feeling to deal with on a daily basis.

The hardest part of the job was trying to translate customer part numbers to manufacturing part numbers in order to obtain accurate pricing. My boss had a few tools she used, that she had to have an account for, but wouldn't let me have the same accounts so I had to always get her to translate the numbers for me.

The most enjoyable part of the job was actually seeing a whole quote though from studying the drawing to putting the bid together.
Pros
excellent hours.
Cons
no training.
Contact Manufacturing Manager
Manufacturing Manager (Former Employee) –  Sidney, NYSeptember 19, 2013
Managerd a a 22 million dollar manufacturing dept with 3 supervisors, 2 engineers and production control. 135 direct report union employees.
Pros
fast paced
Cons
laid off due to economy
good place to work
Electro-Mechanical Operator/Assembler (Former Employee) –  Sidney, NYJune 2, 2013
•a typical day at work
building different parts to spec,I learned how to read a blueprint and to assemble various parts, most of the managment there is good,the hardest part of the job is not having all correct tooling to do a job,most enjoyable part of the job is completing a job.
Pros
good money, easy to work with
Cons
lack of proper tooling, sending jobs out of country, job security
Good
Plant Manager (Current Employee) –  Nogales, AZMay 28, 2013
lots of activity, days go by very quick, constant meetings..
good
Cons
healthcare
Working for Amphenol
Injection Molder (Former Employee) –  Sidney, NYJanuary 4, 2013
Amphenol was a good company all around. Then they brought some people in and have changed it completely around for the worst! They do not care about quality any more. They just want to make it as cheaply as possible. That said they are shipping as much of the company out of the country as they can, so they can have people work for less and make 10x's more scrape! They want you to work there as much as possible. Bosses are thrown around the plant instead of staying in a place were they know what they are doing. You can not trust anyone in the place, its become a very unfriendly and unreliable place to work. They have gotten caught several times.
Pros
good pay
Cons
they only care how much product they can push out the door, no matter the condition!
Not a productive company to work for.
National Electrical Distribution Manager (Former Employee) –  Sidney, NYDecember 18, 2012
They have great ideas of how they want to advance their company but are poor at supplying tools to execute the plan. They expect their sales staff to do everything including Marketing, Market research and new design on product.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
don't like to keep younger staff around.
Ability to grow
Marketing Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Endicott, NYNovember 30, 2012
Amphenol provided me with may skills over the 31 years of employment.
OK place to work
North American Automotive Market Manager (Current Employee) –  MichiganOctober 10, 2012
Good Co Workers. Good products. Spread people very thin for responsibilites.