Amplify Federal Credit Union Employee Reviews

Competitive pay but ZERO work/life balance
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 26, 2016
As a branch manager for Amplify Credit Union, you should expect to have zero work/life balance. You are expected to take your laptops home every night or have your email on your personal phone so that you can respond to or read the absurd amount of emails in a timely fashion because if you miss one of the many communications you/your team can get errors recorded on the error log. After so many of those, you/they can get fired. There is no specific sales culture or sales training to speak of but if you and your team don't meet your sales goals you get slammed on your annual review. They pay really well, but you definitely have to work for it.
Account Management
Management Professional (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 18, 2015
The place is a good place to work, the people there like to gossip too much, it takes a way the professionalism of the company. Managers can sometimes be too lenient, and therefore make your job miserable if they do not like you as a person.
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Austin, TxMarch 31, 2015
I have worked at several companies before this one. None are perfect and they all struggle with basically the same things. What makes this company different is that there is a real effort to do the right thing. We have focus groups conducted by our CEO for both hourly and salaried employees. Upper mgmt. is good, great folks are being hired and the credit union is moving forward. The benefits are great, being allowed to volunteer in my community 40hrs a year is amazing.
As a consumer I've always banked at a traditional bank and I can tell you the thought process here is very different. The member really does come first. I have witnessed many examples of it myself and I know for a fact my old bank would never have done for me what I see Amplify do for it's members.
There will always be those who see the glass as half empty but they usually see it that way for a reason that they can control. If you have a chance to work here I highly recommend it.
Pros
Work enviroment, benefits, culture
Not the best but not terrible
Member Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 15, 2014
When I started at this job I was excited. Everything was great. Things in the financial world change quickly. Things have changed so much that I do not enjoy my job as I use to. I came into this job wanting to provide members with financial success. Now it has turned into a Wells Fargo pushy sales environment. The goals they have set are impossible to meet where as before it was possible. Those who do meet their goals are pushing sales on their personal time as well as during work hours.

Management is great. They are very supportive. I have only come across two that were not good managers but I don't let that stop me from doing a good job. Coworkers depends on the location. At first it felt like highschool but under new management it changed for the better. Now everyone feels like a happy family. The hardest part of the job is performing up to their sales standards while being detailed in every area of the job. The most enjoyable part of the job is when I know I make members happy being providing them with a service or a product they need.
Pros
great training, flexible with time off, hour lunches
Cons
high turn over, long shifts, pressure to make sales
Credit Union with room to grow
Assistant Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 25, 2014
Amplify Federal Credit Union was not a terrible place to work. They have a excellent compensation/benefits program and the fast paced environment can lead to a great amount of retained work industry and knowledge of all facets of the industry. The membership is also fantastic!

That said, work/life balance is non-existent at certain levels in the company as is job security. The systems give little to be desired and constantly changing cooperate initiatives keep the company in a state of flux.
Pros
great employees, fast paced, great compensation
Cons
non-existent culture, low work/life balance, poor systems
was once a wonderful work place...no longer
Loan Agent (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 17, 2013
constant turnover. incooperative mgrs and everyone is out for themselves. very different from the company i started with
Cons
terrible mgrs, no one has any idea what the mbrs want
Local grass roots company that puts their members ahead of the gains of the Credit Union
Branch Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 31, 2012
Although Amplify is going through a serious shuffle in the upper management to find their footing in the changing economy, I thoroughly enjoyed working here. I learned how to preserve the long term business of the company by focusing on the relationship with members other than the short term profit. Additionally, the fact that it is a small company helped me learn how to adapt to situations for which there was no precedent set. I was allowed to grow my branch in any way I wanted, so long as stayed with in the ethical guidelines while still profiting.
The hardest part of this job has been changing the outlook of the employees who have been at the company for many years. Introducing a new sales model in a gradual, low impact manner that does not alter their perception while maintaining the values for which the company stands.
A typical day at work included daily meetings to discuss all current happenings, coaching the associates on their performance, making sales calls independently as well as with business partners, and face to face member contact
Excellent company to work for
Contracts and Facilities Administrator/EA (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 31, 2012
Great management and human resources department! Promotes education for employees and gives all the tools needed to perform job.
Upper Management Serves Up Zero-Tolerance, Profit-Driven Environment
Account Management Professional (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 9, 2012
When new management took the reins of the credit union in 2011, the mentality changed. Gone were the days of your local credit union doing all in can to serve it's membership and welcome to the corporate banking world of hidden fees and zero tolerance for employees. The accelerated process of credit union loans being sold to the banking industry strikes great fear in the hearts of longtime members. Turnover is outrageous and on the current path, expect either a corporitized bank dressed up as a local credit union or total failure and decline in production due to new management, new practices, and very low employee moral.
Pros
the products and services that the credit union offers and the service level of the staff.
Cons
senior management needs to practice the culture that a credit union embodies, even if giving back takes a little more from your pockets.
Overall Review
Research Analyst & Promotions Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 21, 2012
Amplify is a great place to work. They have an awesome cutlure and are very focused on service to both to internal and external members.
Pros
great culture
Cons
turnover

2.9