Our client has an immediate need for a SQL Database Administrator / DBA.
The position will be responsible for the development, production and maintenance of all SQL Server systems within the company as well as managing an extensive proprietary database. The primary responsibilities will be to ensure the stability, security and reliability of all SQL Server systems, as well as assist development teams with best practices and code optimization as needed.
Client is based in Malibu… fabulous ocean views! This is a very fast growing, well funded start-up which is a spin-off a Fortune 1000 company.
Must be a local candidate. The client will not reimburse for interview or relocation expenses. This is a direct hire position with the client and you must be eligible to work in the US for any employer. Thank you.
CLIENT IS READY TO INTERVIEW AND HIRE IMMEDIATELY!
- Proactively maintain and monitor large database environments for 24/7 availability.
- Manage and execute daily operational jobs, including backups, index / statistics updates, defrags, etc.
- Develop alerts, reports and automated processes for failed jobs as appropriate.
- Store, trend and analyze database and system performance measurements over time.
- Optimize procedures, indexes and table schemas according to trending data.
- Develop QA audits of ETL data, trending for sudden changes in key metrics.
- Ensure security measures and policies are in place by minimizing scope of exposure to logins, updating security patches, separating service accounts for administrative jobs and performing necessary security audits.
- Plan, design and implement the database capacity, physical and logical modeling for a large .NET applications.
- Responsible for reviewing the design and deployment of any data objects from development/staging to production.
- Act as first contact in a rotating, on-call schedule for database support.
- Maintain consistency of naming conventions for all database objects.
- Full involvement in deployment of applications when needed.
- EXPERIENCE: 5+ years of experience as a dedicated DBA, administrating large production database environments working with SQL 2005 or 2008.
- Working knowledge of DMVs, DTA and SQL Profiler required.
- Experience monitoring and administrating an H/A Fail-Over environment.
- General understanding and basic work experience with DTS / SSIS.
- Experience in installing, upgrading / patching, and configuring SQL 2005/08.
- Strong T-SQL development skills and in-depth knowledge of SQL internals.
- Ability to automate routine processes with NET or PowerShell.
- Advanced experience in mirroring and replication.
- Extensive experience designing and implementing backup and recovery strategies.
- Understanding of multi-tier architecture environment or Service Oriented Architecture.
- MUST have experience with a high performance, high traffic and large database environments.
- Advanced knowledge of 3rd party backup and performance diagnosis and monitoring tools a plus.
- Knowledge of SSRS and SharePoint integration a plus.
- Experience with SAN / Storage technologies a plus!
- Experience developing and administrating OLAP / SSAS Data Warehouse solutions a plus!
Don't hesitate! We welcome your application! For immediate consideration, please send your resume as a word doc (preferred).
Amplify Professional Services
Indeed - 11 months ago