We have been retained by very well funded technology start-up headquartered in Newport Beach, CA that has developed a technology that will revolutionize Enterprise Network Infrastructure by creating next generation of software defined networks, virtualization of the data center and at the same time drastically reducing cost increasing performance exponentially.
We are looking for high skilled programmer/software architect proficient in real time communications systems with hands on expertise in Erlang, Erlang OTP and Erlang SNMP or other procedural languages such as LISP or Prolog. Low-level network programming experience (layer 2 and 3) is also highly desired along with experience in network protocols and familiarity with virtualization software.
You will be part of the team that is architecting, developing and testing the next generation core runtime application for our client, who is already recognized as the true innovator in this space. You will also be working with key clients and strategic partners to create a system that is truly disruptive and that will change the status quo in enterprise wide data communications and system storage.
Our client is located in Newport Beach, CA,and also has offices in Sunnyvale, CA.
What will do on a daily basis?
Developing world class applications using Erlang
Assisting with architecture decisions and tradeoffs
Testing and providing support for the core runtime applications
Assisting in training of the technical support & engineering team
- Hands on experience programming in ERLANG or an alike procedural language such as LISP or Prolog.
- The ability, aptitude and desire to become proficient Erlang very quickly.
- Erlang OTP or alike OTP, including architecture and deployment is highly desired
- Strong understanding of LAN network protocols, Level II and/or III Network Programming
- A very good understanding of Linux/Unix Operating Systems and Open Source Software
- A basic working knowledge of VMware, Zen, Hyper V or other virtualization software.
- Experience working with Erlang Mnesia DB highly desired
- Strong understanding of Erlang SNMP Agents using SNMP v1, 2 and 3 is highly desired.
Our client offers a very generous compensation package, with benefits along with an equity compensation that could quite substantial. The position also allows you to work from anywhere, with travel intermittently to Jeda Offices in Orange County and Bay Area. But the true benefit is getting on the ground floor of a bleeding edge technology that is revolutionizing data movement, network management and virtualization as we currently know it.