Amplify Employee Reviews

I like the hours and team that I work with.
Data Collector (Current Employee) –  Logan, WVOctober 12, 2017
The hardest part is determining what needs to be done first and finding students in the 2 story building and then testing them. And then finding a room to test in. The pros of the job are working hours, receiving the materials I need in a timely manner, having input from all team members, and having support from most of the school staff.
Pros
Picking hours to work, team work, and 1-1 with students
Cons
Finding a room in the school for 6 data collectors was difficult
fun work place
Maintenance/Janitor/Porter (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 19, 2017
it was good working there for the time i was there it was challenging never a boring moment when i was there working for the company as a manger it was fun
Pros
free lunch and dinner
Cons
breaks, lunch and breaks
Education technology/ project management
Field Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJanuary 2, 2017
◆ Provided nation-wide on site support for tablet based education initiatives with user base ranging from several hundred to 20,000 users ◆ Assisted ELA educators with classroom integration of tablet technology by incorporating pre-existing lesson plans, using classroom
management tools and encouraging use of digital resources
◆ Managed implementation of the Miami Dade School District Amplify pilot initiative of 3,000 students. Interacted directly with district
administrators to facilitate successful implementation
◆ Provided both technological and pedagogical support to teachers adopting a proprietary android based education software
Great Company to Work for
Reporting Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAJuly 11, 2016
Lots of smart, fun, down to earth people. Everyone genuinely is invested in the company's mission. Overall a great company to work for.
Great Startup
FOUNDER / VICE PRESIDENT OF OPERATIONS (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 25, 2016
Great startup with limitless potential. The technology involved in groundbreaking and leadership is tops in the industry.
Nice place to work
Content Developer/Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Home Office in Plainfield, IllinoisOctober 9, 2015
Excellent job. I felt supported and appreciated by management. I was given an appropriate amount of responsibility. My only regret is that I was included in the large lay-offs that occurred.
Pros
Work from home, my managers, felt like I was making a difference
Cons
Healthcare seemed expensive as opposed to other jobs I've had
Great vision, poor execution
Senior Project Manager, Math Product (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYOctober 2, 2015
Great vision, poor execution. Company had great potential and a solid foundation. Unfortunately, leadership could not right the ship filled with lofty expectations.
Great Staff
Technical Support Analyst (Contract)(Confidential) (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GASeptember 22, 2015
Great Staff, but horrible working environment. A typical day at work was super hectic and the processes weren't simplified at all.

Management are really laid back and overall good people.
Recent changes do not lead to employee confidence
EDUCATIONAL SOFTWARE SUPPORT ANALYST (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GASeptember 8, 2015
With the sale of our company, most employees hear nothing to set aside fears of being terminated. Employees hear new rumors every day, and no rumors promise company success.

Amplify has dynamic teams of hard working and brilliantly skilled people who are all invested in our customers' success. It's painful to imagine it as any other scenario.
Pros
Outstanding talent on every team!
Cons
Lack of communication/appreciation from management.
Great Company
Customer Support Software Analyst (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GASeptember 3, 2015
I appreciated the opportunity to work for such a great company. The atmosphere was cool and the culture was awesome. I would definitely go back.
Productive and Fun work place with ping pong table
Security Operations Analyst (Current Employee) –  55 washington stApril 22, 2015
Great place to work. Employees make you feel at home. Management is well and efficient. Normal days fly by and the worst days still manage to be great days due to the atmosphere of the company.
Professional, fun work environment
Associate Customer Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GANovember 21, 2014
Very diverse environment, lots to learn, management very professional
Pros
30 min lunches
Cons
Information overload for 1st timers
Paid Fellowship
Paid Fellowship (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJAugust 28, 2014
Although only being a part of the Amplify team for 3 months, I assisted with a variety of remote tasks to assist in the elimination of plastic bags from Jersey City. Since I had a full-time job with Bloomberg at the time I worked remotely and completed the tasks that were offered to me. These ranged for creating excel spreadsheets to communicating with local politicians to help the ReUse campaign.
Pros
Worked remotely.
Amplify
Project Manager/Executive Assistant to CTO (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMay 5, 2014
There was no typical work day, which I valued greatly. I learned to hone my technological skills, etc. Management was caring, in ways I hadn't expected. The hardest part of the job...was getting there. Enjoyed all else; my co-workers were my family.
Pros
Tons of perks; GREAT company culture.
Cons
Pay could have been more competitive.
Smart co-workers, good products
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 28, 2014
The company was going through growing pains between expanding their services and offerings and managing acquisition by News Corp. There are great people on the teams, but departments are very silo'ed, with some teams working on similar things and not collaborating.
Pros
Free soda
Cons
Corporate leadership
A company with a relaxing environment
Software Development Engineer (Former Employee) –  Jersey CityFebruary 10, 2014
Some managers are non-technical people

Sex Harassment

Office politics

not stressful at all
Pros
relax
Cons
Some managers are non-technical people
Mortgage Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 24, 2013
It's a great place to work. Just like most credit unions, it doesn't pay all that well, but I know they're working on that.
Men Hair styling
Stylist (Current Employee) –  Berkeley, CAMarch 18, 2013
fun environment, meeting new people. learning new ways to style and make people feel good about them selves.