AMS Retail Solutions

AMS Retail Solutions Employee Reviews

workplace
Sales/Merchandiser Clerk (Current Employee), McAllen, TXAugust 26, 2014
great mangenment skills....lean on closing bids for company,,,also dealing with customers with the right addituide
Great place to work.
Merchandiser (Current Employee), (Lancaster County PA. and surrounding areas.January 28, 2014
Well informed for up coming assignments learned other aspects of merchandising.Great Co. to work for. Enjoyed all aspects of my job!
Easy/fun job
Merchandiser (Former Employee), Mount Pleasant, MIAugust 27, 2013
Pros: choose schedule somewhat, easy, fun
I've always enjoyed merchandising and this job allowed me to set somewhat of my own schedule, while attending college full time. If I needed to go different days or times I could. Decent pay for the job and easy work if you have the experience. I recommend this job. Go to the stores on your own, do your job, take pics and upload them into the system for your manager.
Be prepared to be thrown under the bus
Field Service Representative (Former Employee), PennsylvaniaAugust 13, 2013
Pros: free to manage your own time and route
Cons: pay your own gas and wait for reimbursement, extremely poor management/hr, consistently travelling 600+ miles per week, using your own vehicle, outright lies about job duties during interview, very high contribution to health insurance for spouse/family
I worked in the Northeast for the Bissell rental program. I liked the flexibility of the job with the hours and being able to manage my own time... However, the management is terrible. I along with several other reps made numerous complaints to HR about the regional manager which simply fell on deaf ears. I was "laid off" from my position because of being outspoken about the extremely poor leadership. A few months after I was let go, they finally realized that the regional manager was not doing his job - which was extremely apparent for years and like I said, many reps made the exact same complaints... The new regional manager does not even live in the northeast. This just goes to show how much they care.

Long story short, if you like having flexible hours and managing your own time it's a good company. Management will screw you over hard, though. They make you run your own vehicle in to the ground, you have to pay for your own gas (talking about 600-800 miles per week) and then submit for reimbursement which can take 2-3wks. They offer no support when it comes to the Bissell rental policies set forth in the stores (Lowe's, etc.) so don't even bother trying to get the store associates to adhere. Don't take my word for it... They have a very high rate of attrition, new hires will stay for a few weeks and quit. The person who took over my old route stayed for 2 months and quit.

Don't waste your time.
Large merchandising company. In my position I was accountable primarily to my Manager at Bosch Home Appliances
BSH Home Appliances Territory Manager (Former Employee), Mooresville, NCMarch 9, 2013
Pros: being able to manage myself, help people, and be busy and on the go.
Cons: not reward based or positive atmosphere from main office.
Plan my own route, visiting 3 to 7 stores per day. Created and maintained personal relations with store associates. Provided training about products to store associates and assisted them with any concerns or products issues.
I learned there is more to appliances than meets the eye. There is a great deal of science that goes into the design and operation. Being involved in a retail driven environment provided a new perspective to life and business.
My co-workers were in different territories. Our communications were via phone, where we were able to assist each other and some friendships were forged.
The hardest part of my work was assisted sales days where I would spend 4 hours in one location when there weren't any customers.
The most enjoyable part of my work was teaching and educating people and helping customers to choose the best option for them.
Retail Marketing company which offers flexibile time schedule
Retail Merchandiser (Current Employee), NJDecember 6, 2012
AMS offers flexible scheduling, and provides good technology to get the job done.