Amscot Financial

Amscot Financial Employer Reviews

GREAT EXPERIENCE
Senior Programmer Analyst (Former Employee), Tampa, FLNovember 25, 2014
Pros: good work-life balance
Cons: wearing business atire in summer
good company,
decent pay compared to area companies
lot to learn in the financial industry
good mentor-ship
, nice work environment, facilities
good benefits
flexible schedule as long as you deliver results
great team
good management
friendly co-workers
lot of security due the nature of the business
bad commute time for suburban residents
Fast paced work
Overnight Lead (Current Employee), Polk County, FloridaNovember 18, 2014
Even though it is very fast paced, there is always something to be done, which makes the long work hours well worth it. Awesome customers, and awesome management
Good place, poor hours, great coworkers and customers.
Co-Manager (Former Employee), Tampa, FloridaNovember 7, 2014
Customers are lovely and the pay is great. The hours can range from a 4 hour shift to a 17 hour shift. Advancement is fast but comes with small pay increases.
Amscot Financial
Employee (Former Employee), Tampa, FLOctober 10, 2014
Pros: ample parking. montly free lunch.
Cons: heavy-handed employee rulebook.
Good environment for those who want to work hard and get rewarded. Only professionals need apply. Creativity is encouraged. Fellow employees are both good and personable.
productive and high energy workplace
Branch Leader/Training Branch Leader (Former Employee), Tampa, FLOctober 7, 2014
Pros: pay and overtime
Cons: short breaks and vacation blackouts
Amscot is a fast paced job. Work shifts normally go by extremely fast. The company only promotes within and makes it easy for associates to be promoted. If you work hard and efficiently your will go far in the company.
Very professional environement
General Manager (Former Employee), Tampa, FLSeptember 26, 2014
Pros: they have contests for best performance and a great bonus payout
Cons: bonus is hard to make, and they are unyeilding for any events, even a family death. they should close on thanksgiving and christmas, and show more patriotic outlook on things.
Working there was great, with good owners, and a variety of events keeping the job interesting. You'll learn a lot working for these folks as far as compliance goes. They are always trying to help the clientele instead of hindering them.
robots
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Tampa, FLAugust 23, 2014
Pros: better than average pay
Cons: too many to list
If you're single and have no life than amscot is perfect for you. They expect work to be your life and everything else is secondary. They don't care about their employees, just money. They have an open door policy sure. As I and many others have experienced, open your mouth and you're out the door. They want good little robots, not humans working for them.
Growing company
Co-Leader (Branch Manager) (Current Employee), Kissimmee, FLAugust 22, 2014
Pros: paid overtime
Cons: very short breaks
Harder job than it looks, long hours and have to be available to work with short notice.
Summary
Supervisor Lead (Former Employee), Orlando, FLAugust 11, 2014
Face to Face Customer Service, Handle Large Amount of Cash.
Fast pace customer service industry
Assistant Night Manager (Current Employee), Tampa, FLAugust 4, 2014
A typical day at work I help customers with financial services including bill pays, cash advances, check cashing and western union money transfers. I've learned about different federal laws including the U.S patriot act, Gramm-Leach Bliley act, etc. The most enjoyable part of my job is the satisfaction I get from helping the customers with whatever they needed to get done on their visit.
Great company, great pay
Customer Service, Cash Handling, Notary Public (Former Employee), Largo, FLJune 24, 2014
Pros: great people
Cons: no lunch, but you were paid for every minute you were there.
I worked for Amscot Financial for 9 years. They promote from within and are very fair in their pay scale.
very demanding not family friendly
District Manager (Former Employee), Tampa, FLJune 22, 2014
Pros: good money
Cons: never home with family
managed 12 Branches
visited each branch weekly
researched reports to increase revenue and decrease labor costs
wrote action plans for branch managers and fired managers
developed and promoted branch managers
handled staffing issues for 12 branches
70 hours a week/
Busy and productive environment
Branch Leader (Former Employee), Miami, FloridaMay 23, 2014
A typical day at work is handling customers at the windows, over the phone, and via internet. I learned how to multitask and type faster. I was part of management and we always did our best to help further our associates and be approachable. It was always a happy friendly environment. The hardest part was always having to coach associates when they made mistakes. The most enjoyable part was dealing with very different people every day.
Productive and full of learning environment
Financial Services Associate (Current Employee), Orlando, FLApril 21, 2014
Working at Amscot, has been a privileged because I have learned a lot in this job. I can also say it is a team work environment. It is important to be always focus and be aware of all transactions done in that day. There is not no hard part in this job as long as you do what you are supposed if there's any doubts or concerns there's are our leaders on duty to help out. The most enjoyable part id that you work with the customers face to face and it is easier to understand them and to provide them with all information to guide them through any process that the customer needs to go through. I can't complain at all. Every day you learn something else in this job and this job pushes you to become a leader and molds you to be a leader.
24 hours financial services for the public.
Financial Service Associate (Former Employee), Tampa, FLMarch 12, 2014
Short-term loans, check cashing, and free money orders 24 hours a day.
great job great pay horrible hours
Assistant Leader (Supervisor) (Former Employee), miamiMarch 5, 2014
good pay with lots of overtime but worked everyday including holidays
Very customer service focused job.
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Former Employee), Plant City, FLFebruary 25, 2014
Pros: co-workers
Cons: short breaks, lack of room for advancement
Learned a great deal of management and multi-tasking skills.
Good learning Experience but No Flexibility
Assistant Branch Manager (Former Employee), Orlando, FLFebruary 17, 2014
Pros: great overtime pay, good pay
Cons: no flexibility, no time for family, no time for lunches
I learned a lot from this job concerning customer service, compliance, management skills, etc. I was able to advance fairly quickly maintained up to date knowledge of store policies regarding payments, returns and prevented store loss using awareness, attention to details and integrity. Hardest part about the job would be dealing with rude customers, and doing more then one task on your own. The most enjoyable part of the job would be meeting plenty of new people and helping customer meeting their needs and having them leave satisfied.
great associate
Co-Branch Leader (Former Employee), Plant City, FLFebruary 7, 2014
Pros: great overtime pay
Cons: long hours on your feet
Management are focused on who they like. If you were liked you could do no wrong.
Wow
FSA (Former Employee), Tampa,FLFebruary 7, 2014
Cons: everything
I lived in PA most of my life and worked a couple jobs down here and its just different how they treat workers in Florida. Its really bad, I would definitely not recommend this job to someone who has a job and is looking for a new opportunity. Unless you are comfortable with going into an atmosphere where they judge you on every move you make, including in the break room, class rooms all have cameras and they watch you like mice all day long. I wish the recruiter warned me of this or I would have never walked into this atmosphere, literally all week they kept pulling people out of the training class and letting them go. This is definitely not a good way to treat people and not the type of company I would want to work for. The main trainer is very condescending and says things like, I told you guys this yesterday, you aren't listening. Its like we are but this is the second day of training give us a break. He pulled people aside to say they are not making enough eye contact in class or look bored, its like what are we in middle school? Everyone at that company is trying to find a reason to get rid of you instead of training you.

1 2 3

About Amscot Financial

Amscot provides a wide variety of financial services to its customers including check cashing, money orders, and cash advances. – Read more