Amscot

Amscot Employer Reviews

Fast paced customer service oriented that allow you opportunities to grow.
Assistant Leader (Former Employee), Kissimmee, FLJanuary 27, 2015
A typical day at work would be running back and forth handling customers and taking care of their needs. I learned about responsibility and leadership. I appreciated my management because they allowed me the opportunity to grow and become a manager myself. My co-workers were a wonderful team that works well with communication and got things done. The hardest part of the job was to learn that I cannot be perfect at everything and that things take time. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to know everyone and building a strong relationship with my customers.
Ecelent
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJanuary 14, 2015
Excellent job, nice opportunity, a typical work, excellent work environment
Don't do it if you want or have a life
fsa (Former Employee), OrlandoJanuary 7, 2015
Cons: everything else
Only thing good is pay
Schedule is awful
No flexibility on time off. Huge problem if you call out for any reason
Benefits are not good. Medical insurance expensive for mediocre insurance
Management not helpful or supportive
It's all about the bottom line. They don't care about their employees
not a good workplace
Fsa (Former Employee), Miami, FlDecember 13, 2014
Cons: not good
I thought Amscot was a good company to work for I was so exciting to start my training. On the 4th day of training my car wouldn't start so I got a ride to training I didn't think that was a problem that been responsible & one of the person I was training with ask me if I can take her home & I said yes not thinking that was a problem. Well it was a big problem. They called me inside the office telling me that I can't have anybody to drop me off nor I can't give any associate a ride home & you can't have a personal relationship with the others associates telling me if I can't drive myself I need to inform my leader so they can put a note in my file & because of that they let me go. That's not a good company to work for!!!!!
fun workplace
Financial Services Associate (Former Employee), Pompano Beach, FLNovember 14, 2014
Pros: paid lunch time
value customers and management and co worker were hands on with training
seasonal job
Tax Preparer (seasonal) (Former Employee), Orlando, FLOctober 18, 2014
• Prepare federal income tax for individuals
• Educate customers on requirements and documentation
• Paper filing and markets services to previous customers
Wonderful Experience overall
Tax Preparer Seasonal (Former Employee), Tampa, FLSeptember 23, 2014
I've enhanced my customer service skills working at Amscot, with the interviewing process, I was able to meet many different types of individuals. I enjoyed my job at Amscot.
Tough Job
Financial Services Representative (Current Employee), Bartow, FLSeptember 20, 2014
Long hours with Little to no breaks. Company will take customers side no matter what the situation is even if what their saying false. Good co workers that support in any way posible.
A fast paced work environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Melbourne, FLSeptember 20, 2014
Amscot is a good company to work for. They have great incentives.
Absolutley NO social life outside of Work
Assistant Leader (Former Employee), Rockledge, FLAugust 27, 2014
IF you like feeling like big brother is always watching, this is the job for you. There is always fear whenever the district manager is around. You are locked in the building your entire shift, so if you work 8, 10, 16 hrs, you are there all day! You work all the time, so you have no social life.
Great pay with a lot of sacrifices
Financial Service Assistant (Current Employee), Sanford, FLJuly 18, 2014
Amscot is all about Amscot. They are very vocal from the beginning that you have to be flexible with your schedule, in other words, means you have to revolve your life around your schedule at Amscot. They make up a little bit with their beginning pay being between $12-$15/hour, which is really nice, but the horrible hours and lack of request days off can get over-bearing.
It's a very easy job as far as you know what you're getting into each day, and if you like being in a fast pace environment this is the job for you. The people you work with are very nice, but Amscot requests you dont become friends outside of work with anyone who works with you, so they can protect themselves from any possible conflict of interests or possible group robbery.

Apply for this job if you are single and want to make money, If you have a family and want to have time for them weekly, this isnt the job.
Unreasonable Schedules
Financial Services Associate (Former Employee), Orlando, FLApril 14, 2014
Pros: pay was ok
Cons: schedules are horrible, amscot does not care about your personal life
Was barely off. Couldn't request days off. Never missed a day but was laid off due to a customer complaint and to this day I do not know what the complaint was.
Easy job, difficult schedule
Financial service associate (Former Employee), St Petersburg, FlApril 13, 2014
It was easy to learn everything I needed to work with. Management was average. Co-workers hardworking. Hardest part of the job was working til midnight and all different shifts. The most enjoyable part of the job was good pay.
Hated It!
Financial Services Associate (Former Employee), Tampa, FLApril 3, 2014
Pros: pay
Cons: everything else!
Let me just be honest with you! The pay and the amount of hours you receive at Amscot is about the only decent thing about the company. The management is horrible and acts unprofessional, you are on their schedule which means you have no time for your personal life (not even school), you are standing for long periods of time (you're lucky if you get a lunch break), not to mention have to continuously deal with extremely rude customers. Amscot basically expects you to give your life over to them. They treat the employees like slaves and use pay as compensation for it. It's very easy to advance in the company, which is a plus as well.
Amscot
Overnight Leader (Former Employee), OrlandoMarch 26, 2014
Pros: great pay
Cons: long hours, expect not to have a life
Its a high paying job, good benefits and great people to work with. But the company itself is an abusement of middle-class working people. The branches don't close, open 7days a week, if its a slow branch your pretty much stuck with the schedule you have. So if an emergency occurs its hard to call off of work, knowing that you might get written up or fired.
Rapid Advancement and great Salary
Co-Leader (Former Employee), Miami, FLJanuary 18, 2014
Great advancement, great salary, schedules are terrible and depending what position you have, your days of will depend on that, also leader do not know how to train you or coach you.
The worst place ever to work for, no ethics what so ever!!!
Financial Service Associate (Current Employee), Orlando, FLDecember 6, 2013
Pros: money
Cons: upper management are terrible
It is a very stressful work environment, is not a stable job it is only a temporary thing. Upper management does not care and they have non managerial ethics. They lie and cheat to get their way and bonuses. I am very dissatisfied with the company.
terrible place to work for
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Miami, FLNovember 17, 2013
Pros: pay
Cons: everything
I worked In that company for six months and it is the most terrible place to work bad very bad you can't spend time with your family a very selfish company
the most stressfl job ever
Financial Associate (Former Employee), Kissimmee, FlAugust 26, 2013
Pros: good pay
Cons: everything else
I worked at this company for only a month. At the end of my training I quit. I got so stressed out that I could not even sleep at night. Long hours, rude customers. The branch leader was nice but the district leader was horrible. If you work here you can't have a normal life. Amscot comes first. Very, very stressful environment. They want to forced you to sell things that customers don't need. As a trainee you are not allowed to make mistakes. They expect too much from their associates.
not a good place to invest your time or your skills
Assistant manager (Former Employee), orlandoJuly 25, 2013
Pros: pay good
Cons: no breaks, no life, no further education, dealing with a lot of lower class uneducated people unfortunatetly
Amscot promised you career advance, good pay, benefits, however in order to advance you have to sacrifice your family time, work long hours with little or not break at all, certain managers were not respectful at all. they pay good money but you have to work very hard, clean the place, long hours, and they are constantly changing policies, is a huge miscommunication from top managers and you can feel confused. you also have to target percentage on losses and if your are not up to standards due because people don't have money to pay back or because people simple cancel their accounts, you are still responsible for all of that even though those situations gets off your hands. Very stressful. you can get fired for even a complain from a customer. pretty much the job is not secure at all.

About Amscot

In need of cash in a flash? Through a branch network, Amscot Financial offers financial services such as check cashing, money – Read more