Amsterdam Printing & Litho Employee Reviews in United States

See reviews about:
Low wages. No appreciation treated just like a number.
Material Handler/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Queensbury, NY (Web Graphics)August 21, 2016
Hours were family friendly, Monday through Friday and Holidays off but that's all this place had to offer. Benefits are horrible, low wages, no appreciation. This place is a revolving door and the hiring sign that was placed out front has been there for the last couple years. If your looking for your first job this maybe suitable for a temporary bases but if you have a family to support I would not recommend. There's no room for advancement and lack of pay has lead my separation from the company.
Pros
Hours, holidays
Cons
Low pay, horrible benefits
Worst manament team ever!
Yea right (Former Employee) –  New York StateAugust 5, 2016
Any one who said this was a good or fair place to work are making things up. Hours are the only thing going for it. Management is unbelievable they do not care at all about you !! or to make any thing better.
They simply dont care! It's the worst ask any of the employees that are not management. Wonder why they cant keep people?
Pros
Hours
Cons
Pay & Manament
Amsterdam Printing Rocks!
Marketing (Current Employee) –  Amsterdam, NYDecember 11, 2015
I am proud to work for Amsterdam Printing. The company was recently named the 15th largest promotional product distributor in the country, With nearly 500 employees and growing, Amsterdam Printing is a vital business in the capital region.

There are actually multiple people here with over 50+ years of service. I don't know of too many companies that can say that. There are so many 'lifers' here because it truly is a good place to work.

Management is always available to hear concerns and they are always open to new ideas.

The company is extremely generous and offers a monetary holiday bonus, a holiday company luncheon, paid time off, and a great health benefits package.

At first, I was nervous about the commute to Amsterdam when I was hired, but now I love it! I don't have to sit in all that traffic on the Northway. My commute is all back roads and I never have an issue!

All around, Amsterdam Printing is a great company with many passionate and talented employees and a solid leadership team.I consider myself lucky to be employed here.
Pros
Solid Management, The Desire to Always be Better, Inexpensive Lunches, Easy Commute, Top 15 Distributor, Holiday Bonus, Holiday Luncheon, Good Benefits Package
Cons
Great Company to work for as well as the amount of help you receive is phenomenal.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Amsterdam, NYAugust 9, 2013
*Typical Day: Working online with chats and emails, occassionally taking on more responsibilities when I request additional work if I am slow.

*I learned new computer programs, how to handle customers efficiently and reasonably under many circumstances and the green screen order entry system.

*Management: The managers are great. They are always there to offer advice and take / listen to any of our concerns. They are great at coaching us in the right direction if we are running into an error we don't know how to fix.

*Co-Workers: I get along with all of my co workers. Everyone is very friendly and helpful.

*Hardest Part of the Job: When everything is quiet and slow.

*Most Enjoyable Part of the Job: When I see that customer I just helped is happy with their service I provided to them and everything with this order is perfect!
Pros
pto time builds quickly each week, lunches are cheap and afforable as well as delicious, friendly atmosphere.
Cons
i do not really have any cons.
Once you're hired there's alright job security
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Amsterdam, NYAugust 2, 2013
$2.00 more an hour than minimum wage seems like a great gig... until you get out of the training room and start dealing with the customers and you finally realize how the company works. They care so much about making it seem like they care about the customers that they forget to ACTUALLY care about the customers. This results in the customer service team getting sworn at and yelled at all day long - and no amount of money is worth being degraded all day and all night. Some of the hours were okay, but I worked 1030-7 and when there was mandatory overtime I was there from 1030-8. There's absolutely no time to do anything outside of work when you work those hours. For their full time permanent employees they offer health and dental, paid time off, etc. which is all great, but like I said I couldn't get paid enough to get reprimanded for another department's mistake. They hire lower-intelligence people for the production team and pay them less than the customer service representatives get paid, but that consequentially leads to a LOT of mistakes in the production department and shipping departments. Orders get sent to the wrong customers, the wrong imprints are on items, things are spelled incorrectly, it's all just a mess there - especially when it comes to the social media department. It's also FREEZING in there - you're not allowed to wear hoodies or have portable heaters so I would literally sit there shivering all day. They said the heat was controlled by someone who isn't even at that location. What?!
Pros
more than minimum wage, cafeteria, zumba one day a week
Cons
rude customeers, illiterate production team, irresponsible customer service agents, very cold, short breaks, high promo standards

2.8