Amsterdam Printing and Litho Employee Reviews in United States

productive and fast pace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Amsterdam, NYMay 28, 2015
Great atmosphere and good pay great benefits. basic day at work was answering calls and receiving mail orders. social coworkers.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
traveling time
Productive place to work with good management.
Pre-Press Specialist (Current Employee) –  Amsterdam, NYDecember 11, 2013
A typical day at Amsterdam is spent setting up customers artwork for printing. Receiving problem orders from production, fixing and returning. With an occasional meeting thrown in throughout the week. I learned everything I know about Adobe Creative Suite at Amsterdam. Management could use a little more knowledge of PrePress department. My day shift co-workers are great, while the 2nd shift workers are young and don't understand work ethic. The hardest part of my job is having a slow day with not many jobs to complete. The sense of accomplishment is the most enjoyable part of my job.
Pros
good co-workers, decent benefits
Cons
not up to par equipment, vacation scheduling
Working with the team.
ACCOUNT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Amsterdam, NYFebruary 1, 2013
I was not enjoying this job, I don't enjoy phone sells, this was not an easy job. I wasn't going to quit so I stuck it out and tried my best. I felt that I was restricted, I wanted to work with my customer in getting what they needed but didn't have the time to focus on the customer. The quotas were really hard for me to work up to. I just felt that it was more about numbers then the customer, I understand they are important too but if you don't have the customer you won't have the numbers. I guess I'm more about doing what I can for the customer to make them happy, and with the quotas, didn't have that time.
Pros
the all day summerfests in saratoga.
Cons
high quota's
fun place to work,people are friendly
Pack out / Table worker (Former Employee) –  Amsterdam, NYJuly 16, 2012
would work full time if able,supervisors are easy to get along with.am very pleased with all around managment,and breaks are evenly spaced
Pros
everything is simple to learn
communicating with the customers
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Amsterdam, NYMay 13, 2012
answered phone calls all day 75-100 per day, entered customers orders over the phone, entered mailed and faxed orders, had to help customers on the phone if they had issues with an order they had placed, management was good, my co-workers were very nice people to work with, the hardest part of the job i found was offering the promos to the customers and getting them to order them, the most enjoyable was talking to the customers and helping them
Pros
the people i was working with
Cons
health insurance, not enough pay
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  WarehouseMarch 2, 2012
I would recommend working at this place. I was cycled through every department. Every manager liked me, and I could do every job in every department. I was a calendar embroiderer, and a material handler in mailing, which led me to the laser department where pens were embroidered, to the shipping department, and ending up in the warehouse for the remainder of my time.
Pros
great management, great envoirnment
Cons
minimum wage, laid-off

Amsterdam Printing and Litho Reviews by Location