Summary of Duties:
The Lead Test Environments and Labs will support the Senior Lead Release Management and Test
Environments to lead a team of test systems analysts to support multiple business lines, application towers and channels. Defines a comprehensive test environment strategy and supporting processes. Uses knowledge of various SDLC methodologies, SCM and RM, manual and automated testing tools, web service technologies, independent troubleshooting skills.
Responsible for multiple pre-production systems as a technical team leader and is considered a subject matter expert for these systems. Responsible for technical leadership, planning, and coordination of all pre-production test environments to ensure the organization’s software infrastructure is of the highest quality. Responsible for verifying and validating that test environments meet stakeholder requirements and is involved in all phases of the SDLC lifecycle. They implement test environment objectives and processes, monitor and evaluate deliverables against the predetermined objectives, and apply recommended actions for improvements.
- Ensure all Amtrak test environments and platforms (development, test, stage) are connected and available as required to support the delivery teams (development and testing) by performing verification/testing processes Tasks on a daily basis (infrastructure testing).
- Manage a team of Test Systems Analysts to provide analysis, support, and maintenance of the QA test environments. Develop custom solutions and applications which enhance the efficiency of the QA organization as a whole.
- Manage a team of Test Systems Analysts to perform verification tasks on the overall maintenance, setup and connections of hardware, software, and networking systems, analyze issues and communicate environment impacts and delays to projects.
- Manage a team of Test Systems Analysts in the coordination, communication and confirmation that problems are resolved in a timely manner. Facilitate resolution of system issues.
- Manage Test Environment Management team to coordinate and schedule all non-production environments and labs that support each business units and application towers.
- Ensure consistent communications and reports regarding environment schedules while closely coordinating with quality control to communicate testing schedules to all application owners and business partners.
- Champion and enforce test environment management best practices and processes and implement continuous monitoring and process improvement activities and goals.
- Maintain and publish test environment documentation in an efficient and timely manner according to departmental standards and procedures.
- Manage and maintain issue / request tracking and documentation for each system. Report and publish results to senior management and business stakeholders.
- Maintain and publish release management KPIs and relevant business / value metrics impacted by release such as capital projects, level 2 support and enhancements.
- Work closely with release management to coordinate and schedule test environments.
- Work closely with software configuration management to perform build validation before QC/testing and verify the end-to-end environment is ready for testing.
- Work with SCM and CDO on test data management, best practices and finding opportunities for automation.
- Understand Amtrak’s systems environments and processes, their inter-dependencies and the impact of changes on those systems.
- Participate in the development and continual maturation of the Configuration Management processes and better integration with SCM, Quality Assurance, Project Management, Development and Production Support/Operations.
- Develop and improve training and reference materials for IT staff on test environments, test processes and Amtrak IT standards.
- Maintains a log of test system environment issues.
- Manage email distribution list to communicate environment issues and downtimes.
- Coordinate with CTO and COO (Configuration Management) on status of environment, hardware, and software requests (RFS’s) and communicates status to the Delivery Teams (CDO, CRO, PM, etc).
- Coordinate with CDO, CTO and COO to resolve test environment architecture design issues.
- Manage and maintain Amtrak IT Test Labs in various locations.
- Reduce downtime and save costs by finding issues sooner before testing.
- Continuous improvement and optimization. Applying lessons learned.
- Provide technical leadership, coaching and mentoring. Perform performance reviews. Document and execute on performance improvement plans.
- Establish measurable individual and team objectives that are aligned with business and organization goals.
- Document and present performance assessments.
- Recognize and reward associates commensurate with performance.
- Implement organizational practices for staffing, EEO, diversity, performance management, development, reward and recognition and retention.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or related field.
- Master’s Degree preferred.
- Demonstrated years in Test Systems or Test Environment Management or similar function, with some experience in a management role.
- Strong ITIL Release Management process knowledge.
- Team management skills, coaching, development, consistent/timely communications and comfortable holding associates accountable for deliverables.
- Demonstrates leadership and influencing skills to achieve and maintain operational excellence and deliver on goals.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, to all levels in organization.
- Extensive years of relevant technical and business experience, including in-depth knowledge of one or more IT processes, services, environments and business experience with assignments in multiple business and technical management.
- Proven knowledge of IT infrastructure, architecture, applications development and support, networks, and
- Proven ability to understand and meet customers’ business needs, processes, and functions.
- Proven leadership experience managing cross-functional teams and influencing senior level management and key stakeholders.
- Proven oral and written communication.
- Proven ability using business, technical, and leadership skills to complete projects and goals.
- Proven ability at quickly assessing the impact of technical issues on the business and making decisions appropriately.
Preferred Work Experience:
- Demonstrated years experience as a Manager or Lead leading System Maintenance and Environment Management planning, coordination and verification activities for a division or group
- Demonstrated years experience analyzing and identifying enterprise applications mainframe systems and distributed systems’ environment issues and risks in performance, availability and capacity, with IT leaders and provide recommendations to improve the non-production environments.
- Experience in the travel or airline industry.
- ITIL Foundations V3 Certified.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification.
- Demonstrated experience on Travel Reservation System or similar systems.
- Demonstrated experience on Distributed Systems such as e-commerce sites, mobile devices, kiosks, and point of sale systems
- Demonstrated experience on managing Cloud-based development and test environments
- Demonstrated experience on Enterprise Applications such as SAP, Ariba, or Maximo.
Amtrak is committed to equal employment opportunity for all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other protected characteristic.
Indeed - 8 months ago
Amtrak trains connect businesses and communities across the country and move America’s workforce toward the future. Amtrak employs...