The Radio Maintainer’s work consists of installing base stations and mobile radios and affixing, connecting, testing, repairing and programming of all radio equipment. Additionally, will perform routine maintenance inspections of radio sites and other duties as assigned.
- Must have a High School Diploma or General Educational Development (GED) Certificate
- Must have a valid FCC GROL License
- Must have experience in land mobile radio communications with practical working knowledge if testing and maintaining land mobile communications equipment and systems.
PREFERRED WORK EXPERIENCE:
- Proficiency in computers and in networking.
- Prior satisfactory job performance also preferred.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and must be able to pass a practical Radio Maintainer’s Exam with minimum score of 70%.
- Also, needs excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Plus, must be able to travel 5%. Preference will also be given to local candidates.
On behalf of the Talent Acquisition team at Amtrak, we want to thank you for taking the time to submit your resume. We appreciated the opportunity to review your qualifications and accomplishments. If you are selected to move to the next stage of the hiring process you will be contacted directly by an Amtrak recruiter. If you have not already registered in our career center we encourage you to do so at http://careers.amtrak.com to be considered for future job opportunities.
Moving America where it wants to go. Are you ready to join the Amtrak team?
Amtrak connect businesses and communities across the country and move America’s workforce toward the future. We employ more than 20,000 diverse, energetic professionals in a variety of career fields throughout the United States. The safety of our passengers, our employees, the public and our operating environment is our priority and the success of our railroad is the result of our employees.
Amtrak employees power our progress through their performance. We want your work at Amtrak to be more than a job – we want it to be a fulfilling experience where you find challenging and rewarding opportunities, respect among colleagues, competitive pay, benefits that protect you and your family, and a high performance culture that recognizes and values your contributions and helps you reach your career goals.
We proudly support and encourage U.S. Veterans to apply for this position. All positions require pre-employment background verification, medical review and pre-employment drug screen. Amtrak is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.