Amtrust Financial Services Employee Reviews

Not a great place
IT Manager (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJuly 12, 2017
Management doesn't work with employees and will not advance employees. Pay does not reflect the job that you do. Very little positives when working at this company.
Standard Quiet Office Environment
IT Billing Administrator (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJuly 10, 2017
Quiet and laid back office atmosphere. Not many perks, but casual culture. Decent pay and flexible hours. Doesn't appear to be much room for advancement.
Pros
Flexible Hours, Casual Environment
Cons
Boring, Difficult to advance
Work place high school
Claims Assistant (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYJuly 3, 2017
I was let go after giving them my two weeks notice I was a rising star but since the white barbie supervisor I had didn't like me she made my life miserable , I had a family member pass and when they were letting me go she said well maybe if you didn't use all your personal time at once ( being sick from the shingles from the stress this place gave me) could have been able to see my aunt before she pass. and this was all said in front of the VP from the Albany office and you know what she did nothing. It is like being in high school all the cougars that are trying to preserve their young are always gossiping. I was great at my job for being the youngest one on the group.
Pros
Cons
Everything.
Blatant Racism
Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJune 23, 2017
Company definitely shows favoritism. Blatant Racist Company. Management does not help you get to the next level as they promise during the interview process. I do not recommend anyone working here. The Worst Company that I have ever worked for.
Pros
PTO and Relaxed atmosphere
Cons
Blatant Racist. Amateur for managers
Underpaid but relaxed enough to nearly make up for it
Software Development Engineer in Test (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHApril 28, 2017
The project I worked on had an intelligent and friendly team. The manager was great, very chill and more than reasonable about any requests I made. Unfortunately the job paid well below market rate, and I haven't received a raise yet.
Pros
Relaxed team, good manager, good culture, flexible schedules
Cons
Low salary
Great company, good team culture
Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHApril 2, 2017
culture vary base on team. Typical 9 - 5 workday. Lots of new project. Not much on board training but lots of opportunities! overall, not a bad place to work for, especially you are hard worker and looking for quick advancement.
Productive and good work culture
Software Engineer-I (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHFebruary 16, 2017
The typical day starts with a small chat with managers and work accordingly .
Day starts at 8:00 and ends at 5:00 .

not much stressful and relaxing.
They hired me after the contracting period was over .
Nothing like management promised during interview
Claims Adjuster III (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAFebruary 13, 2017
Management made this job out to be stress free and that you had authority to settle claims. You have no authority and management has no authority. It is all handled by upper management in Florida. The supervisor that you will report to is a micromanager. You have to send your reserves to them to be approved before sending them to their manager, before they send it to upper management. But it will be sent back to you 15 times because no one will agree or have the nerve to send them to upper management.
You will be limited in your licenses to two and they will only reimburse you as they have no credit cards. Management does not have credit cards either which to me shows no company security.
If management doesn't find a reason to fire you, you will be forced to quit. They are very loyal to their own kind. They do not like to be questioned. HR is very loyal to their own kind as well. Please don't confuse HR with the Recruiting Staff.
Pros
Compensation was great
Cons
Micromanage, No authority, Management insecure, Supervision insecure. Embarrassing to the Workers Compensation Industry.
Unorganized
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Independence, OHFebruary 6, 2017
The job itself wasn't that complicated unless you received a call that you are not trained in, such as claims, auditing, etc.
Management was not much help. Training was cut short. The environment wasn't friendly. It was very hard to find help. They're very strict on breaks and lunches. Not a flexible job.
Not a very good company
Customers Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Bedford, TXJanuary 23, 2017
I liked the pay and that's about it. Working in the customer service department was ok but I don't like lying to people and at this job we had to lie to customers and tell them their issues were being handled but they weren't. We would just tell them to call back within one to two business days and nobody would ever call so they call back and cuss out US the agents. There are hardly ever any managers available to talk to these customers. I really feel bad for them cause they pay for warranties and they don't get anything fixed or resolved and they just throw you on the phones. When first starting you're only allowed 8 hours to miss within an 8 hour period anything over that you're automatically terminated. But the pay is good
Pros
1 hour lunches VTO and 30 for 30
Cons
No resolution to help customers
Sales Oriented in Every Position
Branch Operations Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Plantation, FLDecember 20, 2016
Typical day consists of pulling reports, reviewing account openings, completing teller transactions and working platform as needed.
Job requires sales be met along with responsibility of daily, monthly, and quarterly operations - no exceptions.
Upper level management in New York parent company does not support local branches in a timely or useful manner.
Testing Analyst
Testing Analyst (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJune 30, 2016
The working environment gave mixed management styles. There was too much work and in many areas there was a lack of effort from other analyst.
Pros
A variety of testing applications
Cons
Not paid for the work that was done
Good Place for Beginner
Commercial Underwriting Insurance Technician (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 16, 2016
Commercial Insurance Company specializing in multi commercial coverage that provides policy holders more than one product.

Work with underwriters on the binding of coverage, instructions were not always clear, technology was based on multiple platforms. Learned a lot regarding their process and the different ways to to look at coverage.

Compensation didn't match skill set or abilities. It was entry level.

Management is at times ambiguous but for the most part friendly only because they are busy with a lot of tasks to due.

Co workers are okay for the most part but like any other environment stay busy and stay on task.

Hardest part of the job was that different states have different endorsements regarding coverage and the handling of those endorsements was performed manually versus automated like other carriers.

The enjoyable part of job was you got to experiment with different applications however, all of these applications were proprietary.
Pros
This company was involved in a lot so you were able to see it hands on.
Cons
Hardest part was the manual entry of the endorsements regarding different states for rating purposes
One of a kind work place that plays favorites
accounts receivable (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHDecember 23, 2015
The one good thing is this is definitely one of a kind work place. It doesn't matter how hard working you are, or how good you are at your job.... It's all about who you know.
Cons
Management overlooks quality employees
Productive work place
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Seven Hills, OHNovember 19, 2015
Working in a call center has taught me to learn more customer service skills. Most of the coworkers are friendly and welcoming.
Good pay, not staff
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAOctober 15, 2015
People are promoted to management based on years of service, not skill set. Hostile work environment in the South Seattle office. No work / life balance, expected to work overtime without pay, managers mock, belittle and ridicule employees.
Pros
Strong company backing
Cons
Manager selection needs review
Fast paced and fun inbound Call Center
Contact Call Center Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Saint Louis Park, MNSeptember 2, 2015
On a daily basis, i worked with the agents on my team (14+) to assist them with their sales goals. I would use one on one coaching, call reviews, both live and previous, and point out best practices to be used. I started as a CSR in April 2012 and with the support and training of management, i was promoted to a Call Center Supervisor within 3 years. We worked hard, but we also had fun with daily, weekly and monthly sales incentives. We would plan team and inter-team potlucks on a monthly basis with festive themes. I really enjoyed working with my team. If i could help them build their sales ongoing and help them make more money, as well as the company, it gave me a certain satisfaction that i was able to help make someone professionally better and proficient.
Productive place to work.
Executive Assistant to the CEO and COO (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 15, 2015
Very busy CEO at a financial firm. This is a very busy role that demands impeccable attention to detail and strong communication skills.
Productive and fun
Workers Compensation Claims Adjuster (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJanuary 5, 2015
It's great. if your able to work there do it. Great vendors. Workload is fine, if your not lazy. Hour lunches are awesome.
Very Fast Paced Agile Environment with breath taking View of the Lake Erie
Testing Analyst (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHSeptember 9, 2014
I have never worked with Test Runner prior to joining AM Trust. It was exciting learning how to rate Insurance Policies using Test Data's and policy premiums. Executing complex SQL Queries to find different rules and rates.
I have enjoyed Reviewing Test Results in Test Runner and manually comparing different policy premiums. A fun,energetic, learning and team work environment.