AmTrust North America Employee Reviews

Great Company to work for!
Underwriting Assistant (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLNovember 5, 2017
Amtrust is a great company to work for! Ive been here for 2 and 1/2 years. They offer great benefits and vacation time. Management works well with employees. Good moral in the Boca Raton Office at all times.
Pros
Great people who are knowledgable and professional
Cons
Career Advancement is slow paced.
Ability to learn
SUPPORT TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 28, 2017
This is a great entry level place to work to get into the field. Lots of learning the environment and great management. There are event there that promote a great work environment and seasonal picnics from the company each year as a thank you for servicem
Pros
Teamwork environment
Cons
Sometimes there is a lack of communication from headquarters
Underwriting Assistant (Current Employee) –  Nashua, NH 03062October 17, 2017
Great place to work. Manageable workload and great team of people. Culture is great. Very helpful to new hires as well. I'm glad I worked at AmTrust North America
Lack of Management Concern
Certified Claims Adjuster (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAOctober 4, 2017
Amtrust is a fine company for someone maybe without a degree or for someone young looking for your first 9-5 job. Management is full of the older (65+) employees who openly admit to wanting to coast to retirement. This results in a lack of care in the employees, their fulfillment, and their growth. I felt like I had to take my career in my own hands and move it elsewhere, Amtrust was not a place that would promote regularly or often.

80% of the work is done by 20% of the people. There is no benefit to being a part of the 20%.
Pros
Flexible work schedule
Cons
Management, pay, etc etc
Very busy with little supervision
Quality Control Analyst (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJSeptember 18, 2017
Multiple work assignments weekly sometimes daily. A place where multi-tasking is a must utilizing business experience and knowledge to the fullest extent. Working with very little direction and having to figure things out on your own with limited time &/or deadlines is the hardest part of the job. The most enjoyable part of the job is learning new skills to get the job done on such limited time frame.
Great place very productive
Claims Assistant (Contract through Aerotek) (Current Employee) –  Seven Hills, OHSeptember 10, 2017
Amtrust is a great place to work for, great benefits and a lot of opportunities to grow in the company. The have many offices and different states around the USA.
Horrible management
Senior Business Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHAugust 21, 2017
Amtrust has grown too fast. I hope it will someday catch up. Management has no experience and they have entirely too many layers. I've never seen so many AVP's in my life.
Pros
18 days PTO
Cons
Sick days are of those PTOs
I was only there as a contractor so my opinion is not all that applicable
Business Analyst - Contractor via TEKsystems (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHAugust 12, 2017
They are a little chaotic now. A lot of development is going on due to quick and sustained growth. Employees work hard and do good work.

As a contractor I did not feel that at the beginning I was provided much guidance and direction.
liked it at first but...
Data Analyst II (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJune 7, 2017
I got a lot out of the job and have a lot of experience from this position. Didn't get the respect i deserved. I loved my job when i first started, but after a couple years people left and we moved to the downtown location.

Which meant paying for parking when we didn't have to before and management changes also happened which wasn't for the better.

There are a lot of people that work for this company that are nice and there are people that don't see the potential in others. Management is very untrustworthy and two-faced.

There is a lot of Favoritism in this company and its all about who you know. Majority of the company is family or related to someone higher up the ladder.

Too much work not enough employees. They keep adding business and making more work for the people that are there instead of hiring more people.

Lots and Lots of stress and added frustration didn't make the job fun anymore. The company and people that are there changed as a whole. Just not worth it to me.
Pros
Benefits- Health Care, Pay checks
Cons
Low value of employees/No appreciation/ High amounts of stress
Poor Management
Worker's Compensation Clerk (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAMay 9, 2017
The management in particular at this job was very unfair, had their "pick" and did not supervise at all. Nothing was kept in confidence and did not have an open door to work related issues. As far as the work, it was consistent and plentiful.
Pros
Bonuses, company luncheons
Cons
Poor management

Want to know more about AmTrust North America?

Ask a question
Micromanaged overworked employee review
Renewal Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAMay 3, 2017
AmTrust is full of micromanagers and overworked employees. The workplace environment is a somber mood, wouldnt use the word "fun". Instead of feeling like a valued employee, you felt more like you were being watched and "babysat" 99% of the time.
Pros
phone bill expenses, lunch & learns once a month (free lunch)
Cons
short breaks, micromanagement, located outside perimeter
Not ideal place to work.
VP and Chief Actuary, Commercial Lines Division (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 5, 2017
They worked you as hard as possible, but the pay was good for higher positions.
Goal was to grow through acquisition as fast as possible, but keep the same level of staff to do all the extra work.
Pros
Pay
Cons
No life.
Easy job stay away from the Call Center position
Claims Clerk (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAMarch 9, 2017
Entry level position can be hard to move up from this position within the company. There is not enough work and to many employees in one department. Claims clerk consists of 4 different departments.
Indexing- Sort mail from a computer into claims
First Reports- Enter new claims and assign to Adjusters
Bill Pay- Pay processed bills
Call Center- Answer live calls to provide information and status of claims to Claimants, Employers, and Physicians.
I do not recommend the call center position high turn over and training is not helpful enough to deal with the calls that come in.
Pros
Benefits and flexible hours
Cons
Management is weak and doesn't properly manage. Way to much drama in the work place as well.
Good Work Place
Worker's Compensation Claims Clerk/Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAFebruary 17, 2017
It is a great place to work. The job is easy and it is never a problem if you have other important things to do outside of work. You don't have to worry about losing your job. However, the being able to grow within the company is pretty slow. I work my butt off everyday and take on more responsibility as I should and have not been considered to move up in the company or get a raise as of yet. I really love working here but I am in hopes to get paid what I am worth as this company.
Growing Company with room to improve
Commercial Insurance Company - Claims Adjuster III (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 31, 2017
It's a good place to work, but management needs to focus on reducing adjuster workloads so that the company can live up to its claims of work/life balance.
Ok place to work
Office Manager/Administrator (Current Employee) –  Jersey City, NJJanuary 25, 2017
The company is a growing company, fast paced, productive, and modern. They have various offices across the country, and many positions available to qualified applicants.
A little stressful at times, but can be handled
Claims Assistant (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYJanuary 7, 2017
Spending all day staring at a screen is not for everyone, but I don't mind it at all. My favorite part of this job is working in teams and being able to communicate with people about many different things, whether it's to gain a better understanding of something or to help solve a problem. Sometimes I have to deal with some difficult people on the phone, but I am a person who is able to keep calm and assist well. I am good at diffusing tense situations and leaving the claimant or whoever is calling us feeling relieved of their issue or concern without causing any more problems.
Management is awful
Legal and Compliance Licensing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHNovember 5, 2016
The company pays well. Manager in the Legal and Compliance is awful. She is immature and be little's her staff. I have never worked in a dept so short staffed. My opinion is for people to stay away from this department.
Amtrust is definitely a work in progress
Business Analyst/Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHOctober 14, 2016
My coworkers were amazing, management not so much. I am grateful for the experience, I certainly learned a great deal. its a great entry level company, you can learn a lot. the average person stays maybe 6-12 months.
Pros
good health insurance options and generous PTO & holiday
Cons
inexperience
Great work place
Insurance Underwriter (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLSeptember 12, 2016
This is a great job to have. It definitely teaches you things you might have never known about the insurance world. I've been here 14+ years.
Pros
Benefits, Pay
Cons
N/a