AmTrust North America

AmTrust North America Employer Reviews

Pros of Current Job
UST (Current Employee), Dallas, TXJuly 4, 2014
Pros: health benefits
Cons: short lunch
The most enjoyable part of my current job is interacting with the underwriters to produce a quality product for our customers. It's a fast paced job, makes the day go by fast. I work with some great people and have a good work relationship.
Great Temp Agency to work for
Receptionist (Current Employee), Nashua, NHApril 29, 2014
Also another great Temp Agency to work for, they have always helped place me in jobs that best suited my needs and my skill set, they have also placed me in jobs that helped benefit my skill set and my manufacturing career.
Horrible company
owner (Former Employee), peoriaFebruary 7, 2014
Cons: everything
These people have no idea what they are doing. Dont work here, dont so business here. Its just awful. Disorganized and expensive.
Amtrust? You mean Anti-trust, right?
Claims Personnel (Former Employee), AtlantaOctober 23, 2013
Pros: they pay you every 2 weeks.
Cons: management, management's decisions on everything
Doesn't the title explain it all? All that glitters ain't gold, as they say and even though this company is in a high rise and has leather clad chairs in their executive boardroom, which features a fantastic view of the ocean...well, lets just say this company is akin to putting a gold ring on a pig's snout. A pig is a pig. I am referring to the exorbitant – more... amount of work management continues to pile on the work comp adjusters and underwriters, to only continue to insult their intelligence with disproportionate pay. They do not hold their supervisors, or managers for that matter, accountable to how they treat the above mentioned workers, which ranges from inferiorly to condescending. The supervisors micro-manage and also take turns 'making the rounds' to make sure people are at their desks with our proverbial WWIII helmets on. Did I mention that they underpay you and don't seem embarrassed about it either? There is NO open door policy and they groom particular people for success and heap unrealistic demands on the people they have set up for failure. Interestingly, they don't think anyone is wise enough to see their ploy, but its glaring; just like the sun streaking through the boardroom windows as you're sitting in yet another meeting daydreaming of the helicopter that is soon to swoop by and rescue you out of there! – less
Horrible Company, stay away
Reinsurance Accounting (Former Employee), Rocky Hill, CTOctober 7, 2013
Pros: salary
Cons: drama, negative energy, unprofessional, short lunches
Horibble company. Looked for a professional, team playing, positive work environment and this wasn't it. Employees complain daily. Management needs training to learn to treat their workers different than they are. Was happy to leave. Discourage anyone from going to this SAD place.
Worst company I have ever worked for!
CSR (Current Employee), Cleveland, OHSeptember 24, 2013
Pros: non
Cons: managment, low pay, silly rules, no appreciation
Let me start off by saying any review of this company that has more than 3 stars is from the company themselves! This place is understaffed, the workers are underpaid, and they lack customer service! I worked in the call center and I noticed that every call that I took was because the insured had not received thier bill. Amtrust would not send out bills – more... just so they can charge the customers a $25 late fee! This company does not care about the people who work there. My manger at the time told me he did not believe in rewarding employees because the paycheck was the reward! There was so much favortism and BS that went on. Managment gave themselves special privileges such as leaving early every Friday. It got so bad that everybody in the call center had to get permission to leave thier desks! We had to ask permisison to use the bathroom! And if someone asked before you did you had to wait until they went before you could leave your desk. If you wanted to get a drink of water you had to get permission. God forbid you speak up to HR. They all look out for each other. If your're not a manager then they dont care about you. I know at least 2 former employees who have filled a lawsutie against this company for wrongful termination and harrassment. This company wont be around much longer! Save yourself the trouble and apply at Mcdonalds before you apply here – less
Very friendly environment
Software Engineer & Developer (Current Employee), Cleveland, OHSeptember 3, 2013
AmTrust is pretty good about making sure you are comfortable while you're there. Coffee and donuts... Tea and coffee cakes. Vending machines and the like. They are results driven and goal oriented
Ok for an entry level job but little opportunity for growth.
Claims Clerk (Former Employee), Sarasota, FLAugust 5, 2013
Pros: good benefits
Cons: lack of management, immature coworkers, lack of advancement
After 6 months of working and realizing there was no opportunity to advance I gave my notice. My position as a Claims Clerk was good in the sense that I got out of the office everyday to go to the bank and post office. Easy assignments and would be a great job for someone happy to stay in one spot.

Did feel that some adjusters took advantage of me. – more... I felt like I was back in high school. There were obvious cliques. Complete lack of management by hiding in her office to ignor issues and showed favoritism to personal friends.

Was not the office for me. – less
I can always work without feeling over worked
Unit Stat Tech (Current Employee), Cleveland, OHMarch 22, 2013
Pros: all employess can wear jeans everyday
Cons: wage
Funny coworkers and very friendly executives. Most enjoyable parts are the company gatherings on special occasions & potlucks. Overall great place to work.
Friendly workplace
Audit Tech (Current Employee), Alpharetta, GAFebruary 28, 2013
Pros: overtime seems readily available
Cons: hard to get promotions
Very busy, multi-tasking but very friendly peopel to work with.
Great Atmosphere
Business Data Analyst (Current Employee), Cleveland, OhioFebruary 8, 2013
Pros: great holidays, great benefits
Cons: not close to competitors market
I love my job and I love my current location. I have an amazing manager and co-workers but the compensation is not worth what I am doing.
Was Good until the End
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Seven Hills, OHOctober 10, 2012
Worked at the call center at the Cleveland Ohio office. Meet a lot of good people, job was stressful but my co-workers made it tolerable. The call center is no longer at that location so I can't speak for the rest.
Former employee
Undisclosed (Former Employee), ClevelandJuly 2, 2012
Pros: job security decent hours, decent pay
Cons: managment
Working environment is so-so. The problem with this company is the lack of communication. The CIO seems to call all the shots when he has no clue how the other departments function. Someone makes a change to the system and doesn't tell anyone the changes have been made. After the change is made, it has a negative domino effect because he doesn't realize – more... it effected everything else. Not female friendly. I grew tired of all the CIO favoritism. – less
Good place for a start
Accounts Receivable Technician (Current Employee), Cleveland, OHJune 11, 2012
Pros: benefits
Cons: poor pay, small chance of advancement
Overall not a horrible place to work, has decent benefits, but don't expect to be paid well or paid any attention. Can not advance unless you are part of the 'cool group.' But if you need to get your feet wet or a good start, good place to go.
Review
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Seven Hills, OHJune 4, 2012
This was a summer seasonal position that was supposed to turn permanent.
No clear decision as to direction for company growth
Director of Program Claims (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCApril 4, 2012
Pros: growing company
Cons: no infra-structure for growth
Management would change direction of philosophy based on incorrect reactions.

About AmTrust North America

Insurance holding company AmTrust Financial Services likes a mix of businesses on its plate. Its subsidiaries offer a range of – Read more