AmTrust North America Employee Reviews in United States

Could Be Better
Office Administrator (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 23, 2016
The work environment could definitely be a lot better than it currently is. The management likes to micro-manage you, which tends to stifle you. Don't really seem to have room for you to grow with company. If you need a job, it's a good place to get a start, but if you want to build a future it's best to move on.
great place to work for the last 7 month
Claims Clerk (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAApril 20, 2016
I was a great job but it was only temp. assignment. Sad to leave I'm look for full time work. Working at AmTrust I have leaned at like working in the insurance deparment
Nice short-term, entry level work. Negative Work environment.
Software Engineer I (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMarch 20, 2016
Benefits:
The number of vacation days and paid time of comes to approximately 1 month of paid time off per year. Other benefits seems to be average such as health insurance, 401k, etc.

Work Environment:
You have the opportunity to wear a lot of different hats and try a lot of different things within your job function. Training is pretty much non-existent. Everyone considers themselves to be competent developers and they consider almost everyone else to be completely incompetent leading to a negative work environment.

Compensation:
Entry level pay that is a little below the industry average. Ability to negotiate to some degree.

Job Security:
Getting fired here is nearly impossible. The only way to get fired is to be so rude to the people you are working with that everyone you work with complains to both your manager and your manager's manager, and their manager's manager.

Management:
Managers seem to be in their positions just because they have been there longer than anyone else. Managers tend to ignore employees unless they have to answer a question or resolve a specific issue. I don't get the feeling that I have any chance of moving into a management role or that I would have any power or support if I did receive such a role. No one is held accountable for any of their actions (e.g. watching movies at work, showing up late regularly, taking long lunches, etc.).
Pros
Amount of Vacation, Freedom to try new things
Cons
Lack of Training, Negative attitude about fellow employees, No opportunity to move up.
Very Productive, professional place to work
Inside Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Nashua, NHNovember 9, 2015
great work.life balance. Professional. Fun. Busy.
Co-workers are amazing people to work with, everyone helps everyone.
Pros
felxibility
Cons
n/a
Na
Underwriting Assistant (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLNovember 1, 2015
Great place to work! I've learned everything about workers compensation in the past 10 years working here. The atmosphere is relaxed and management promotes a balance between work and family.
Working in Administrative-Data Entry
Claims Clerk (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAOctober 22, 2015
A typical day at work is? a happy day at work
What you learned? how to present myself professionally and maintain a positive outlook
Management? I understand Management and have respect for them
Your Co-workers? Diverse and the world is a classroom. We learn every day about each other. They are wonderful.
The hardest part of your job? The diversity! Sometimes it gets in the way of people's behavior, and when the environment changes too much to soon.
The most enjoyable part of the job? Motivation and happiness of just having a job that defines who you are and who you want to be.
Pros
Cons
Was too far from where I lived
Cons outweigh Pros
Test Analyst (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHOctober 8, 2015
No structure is in place whatsoever. The executives, managers, and supervisors form their own cult and only worry about themselves. Provide no direction or advancement opportunities. Culture makes you feel insignificant and undervalued.
Don't work here
Lead Claims Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 18, 2015
This company is horrible. Stay away!!! Management is the worst. They let go of a great manager and brought in somebody who barely speaks to anybody in the office, except the white people. This company is racist, moral is super low. Once they changes managers this company went down hill.
Pros
Cons
everything they don't even give you 15 minute breaks for working an 8 hour shift
Great work enviornment
Financial Clerk (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAAugust 27, 2015
The work load is heavy you will definetly be busy all day long. I have learned a lot about banking and check printing processes. Co-workers are great. The company continues to grow and therefore the managing is not doing so great.
Pros
flexible work hours
Cons
long drive from home
Clique's ran the office
Worker's compensation adjuster (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, NJAugust 13, 2015
I worked in the NJ office for a few days before management realized that I didn't fit into the "clique" and advised the placement company not to have me come back.
Pros
Salary and benefits
Cons
Dysfunctional Management

Want to know more about AmTrust North America?

Ask a question
Insurance Company does not care about employees
insurance analyst (Former Employee) –  Rocky Hill, CTAugust 12, 2015
beware of working for this company. There are other insurance companies that might treat their employees better. If you are targeted by other employees, your job is in jeopardy.
Pros
will give bagels as a bonus
Cons
will give bagels as a bonus
Dont do it
Cps agent (Current Employee) –  BedfordJuly 13, 2015
This is a horrible company to work for extremely understaffed. They tell you to flat out lie to the customer to get them off the phones. The upper management is horrible. The escalation line is greatly understaffed leaving you to find off angry customers on your own. The info line has an average 5 min wait time. They treat you like children with their moronic point system like your in middle school all over again. Got grown people business to handle and need to take off? They don't care.. Over all apply at Walmart before here
Fast-paced claims management
Senior Claims Examiner (Former Employee) –  ConcordApril 20, 2015
Challenging and fasted paced company that lacks personnel to support its growth. High pay per industry average and room for advancement.
Pros
Growing Company
Cons
lacks personnel to support growth
Insane Asylum. But hey! Nice carpet.
CSR (Former Employee) –  Rocklin, CAMarch 11, 2015
Micro-managing, brow-beating "mean girls" work atmosphere. No training and no reward system. Database riddled with technical issues that interfere with work productivity and stats. Ridiculous expectation to submit handwritten stats of daily tasks. No comraderie. Management used spyware on phone system and PC; ankle monitor was up next I'm sure.

Very nice family who originally owned this location "BTIS" but they were unattainable while their minions secretly ran amuck in tyrades keeping the peasants in place.

DON'T DO IT. Unless you're a sadist. Then, by all means.
Pros
nice carpet
Cons
micro-managing minions
Micromanagers!! Constantly annoying
Bilingual Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  BedfordJanuary 11, 2015
Take inbound calls from customers in need or service on their appliances.
Learned how to process service requests.

the BIG CONS:
They expect every call to be under 5:30min or less.
While this may not be an issue at any call center at this one it is, because they do not have the supervisor staff to handle escalated calls so if you have a customer asking to speak to a sup you will be on hold forever, adding to your talk time. They do have a sup call back template but if you or a previous rep has already tried this you will have to wait on hold 15+ min which will impact your talk time.

Another big con is that their "info line" is also short staffed so if you have a question about a certain process while on the phone with a customer you will be on hold for an info line rep for 2+ min which also impacts your talk time.

In most companies they will warn you about clocking in late and that it will get you in trouble if it continues. I never had this issue I was on time every time even on breaks. On the other hand, they warned me about clocking in early one time 7 minutes early and another time 5 minutes early.

Their workforce management will constantly monitor and pester you if you are on any call over 10min, they will send you an email to call info line if you need help but if you call the info line you will be on hold so what solution is that?
They will also bug you and call you if you are on ACW (after call work) for over 15secs and tell you what is going on? tk the next call!
If a customer hangs up on you, you have to be on acw to notate the account but I guess to them it doesnt
  more... matter.

They micromanage you and pester you even if you are doing your job. They make you feel as if you are a little kid and not doing your job. I left this job because of this, I was doing everything right, didnt have any attendance points, no late arrivals and my handle time was right around 6 1/2 last month. It just got too annoying and not worth the pay.

They start English speakers at 12.50 and Bilingual Spanish speakers at13.50
Pros
nice bathrooms
Cons
micromanage
Strong Casualty company (i.e. WC)
Regional Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 2, 2014
Strong casualty company specializing in workers comp. I was a regional sales rep whose job was to build the SC market which I did. Unfortunately, the company shut down writing business in my state as well as others.
Pros of Current Job
UST (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 4, 2014
The most enjoyable part of my current job is interacting with the underwriters to produce a quality product for our customers. It's a fast paced job, makes the day go by fast. I work with some great people and have a good work relationship.
Pros
health benefits
Cons
short lunch
Great Temp Agency to work for
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Nashua, NHApril 29, 2014
Also another great Temp Agency to work for, they have always helped place me in jobs that best suited my needs and my skill set, they have also placed me in jobs that helped benefit my skill set and my manufacturing career.
Horrible company
owner (Former Employee) –  peoriaFebruary 7, 2014
These people have no idea what they are doing. Dont work here, dont so business here. Its just awful. Disorganized and expensive.
Cons
everything
Amtrust? You mean Anti-trust, right?
Claims Personnel (Former Employee) –  AtlantaOctober 23, 2013
Doesn't the title explain it all? All that glitters ain't gold, as they say and even though this company is in a high rise and has leather clad chairs in their executive boardroom, which features a fantastic view of the ocean...well, lets just say this company is akin to putting a gold ring on a pig's snout. A pig is a pig. I am referring to the exorbitant amount of work management continues to pile on the work comp adjusters and underwriters, to only continue to insult their intelligence with disproportionate pay. They do not hold their supervisors, or managers for that matter, accountable to how they treat the above mentioned workers, which ranges from inferiorly to condescending. The supervisors micro-manage and also take turns 'making the rounds' to make sure people are at their desks with our proverbial WWIII helmets on. Did I mention that they underpay you and don't seem embarrassed about it either? There is NO open door policy and they groom particular people for success and heap unrealistic demands on the people they have set up for failure. Interestingly, they don't think anyone is wise enough to see their ploy, but its glaring; just like the sun streaking through the boardroom windows as you're sitting in yet another meeting daydreaming of the helicopter that is soon to swoop by and rescue you out of there!
Pros
they pay you every 2 weeks.
Cons
management, management's decisions on everything

2.8