Amway Global Employee Reviews

independent Business ower
Independent Business Owner (Former Employee) –  worldwideMay 2, 2016
The Amway business has been around before i was born and still going so in has credibility.This business has a great work life balance because it can be built in our spare time. compensation and benefits is unlimited providing its build with the right platform..
Pros
what you put in thats what you get out
Cons
if you dont make the effort theres no reward
Waste of time
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  GlobalJune 29, 2016
Huge pyramid scheme company. You will lose more money than gained. Co workers are motivational however it is difficult to sell products.
Positive, Self Developing, and Supportive work spaces
Amway Sales/Marketing Representative (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 5, 2016
Great support from the start. Really boost your interpersonal skills. Typically retail commissions based type of pay so your money is in your control. You can work when ever you want to.
Pros
Always money available to make.
Cons
Lots of driving.
Amazing company
Independent Business Owner (Current Employee) –  Home basedOctober 16, 2014
You have to be your own boss and be highly motivated. You need to if it's to be, it's up to me attitude. I learned so much about myself as a leader through this company and has formed my character to be who I am today.
You get to work with folks from all walks of life and many different international cultures.
The hardest part is having the vision and time management skills of running a business from the ground up. The good thing is there is a group of successful entrepreneurs to help you.
Great Place to work at
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Ada, MIDecember 7, 2015
End of the Month is very demanding but with the managers there helping and providing goodies threw out the week made it more easier going. Great place to get customer service experience.
Pros
Free energy drinks
Cons
Time limit on how much you can work your second year.
Fantastic opportunity for personal and professional development
Independent Business Owner (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMay 17, 2014
I cannot say enough positive things about my experience with Amway Global. To keep it brief, this is far and away the best, most professional and progressive minded group of entrepreneurs I have ever had the pleasure to work with. The company exemplifies stellar customer support and some of the highest quality products available on the market today. To be sure, multi-level marketing businesses are not for everyone. But for those individuals interested in bettering themselves, their business mindset, their sales and marketing ability, and exploring all their latent potential for success, I know of no better opportunity than this company. They partner with some of the best spokespeople, teams and organizations in the country, they have access to leaders such as John Maxwell, and their compensation plan is exceedingly fair. If you have any desire to start your own company, sharpen your professional skills, improve your mindset, or just associate with quality people, look no further, Amway Global provides it all.
Pros
fair compensation, exemplary environment.
Opportunities for growth and development
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Ada, MIOctober 24, 2014
Amway is certainly a place to grow and develop, as there are plenty of smart, dedicated folks to stretch and inspire you. Frustrations include resistance to change, and slow progress in advancement. Also, there is a lack of flexibility for hourly contact center staff.
Pros
foosball table, massage chairs, food, snacks, prizes
Cons
takes too long to advance, inflexible hours
Productive and fun.
Independent Business Own (IBO) (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, NYJune 17, 2012
On a typical day i would make phone calls to clients and possible prospects. By doing this i learn how to deal with different personalities. There is very little management other than sponsors. The hardest part of this job is that if I'm not productive no money is made. There is no hourly wage. The most enjoyable part about this job is that i am my own boss. I can choose when i want to work. I'm in business for myself but not by myself.
Pros
trips, bonuses
Cons
health care
Stressfull
Call Center/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Ada, MIJuly 22, 2013
It was too much to obtain all at once in our training. When my class hit the floor we didn't feel ready for it. Management was helpful, but we were a class of almost 25 people and we only had 2 supervisors to help us all at once. Then they hired another 25 people and still 2 supervisors on the floor. It was just too much to over come with just so little help.
Pros
we had access to get samples of their products.
Cons
was a very long trip for me to get to work.
Fun environment
Independent Business Owner (Former Employee) –  Belmont, MAJanuary 15, 2013
Everyone is willing to help you succeed, its a team and family oriented company. Friendly completive. Its a independent franchise system you have to hired people to work for you so you can move through the different levels and rewards. its a win win system.
Pros
friendly team members
Cons
no benefits
entrepreneurial motivational environment
independent business owner (Former Employee) –  Harrisonburg, VADecember 4, 2014
I grew a lot working my own business through Amway Global.
I learned how to speak well in front of large crowds, how to make contact with complete strangers, learned conversational tactics with business professionals.Learned how to run and manage a cloud based business and how to work with clients and business partners.
Hardest part of the job was the amount of people I had to meet on a daily basis
Most enjoyable part of the job being able to travel for business conventions with my business partners.
Pros
travel, professional work attire
Cons
large upfront investment
Amazing company with strong foundation principles built right into the very core.
Independent Business Owner (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 3, 2014
Amway Global is 100% debt free, has a 54 year track record of success, is accredited by the BBB with an A+ rating, made over $11.8 Billion in sales in 2013, owns about 12 other companies who specialize is the realms of biotech research, health/nutrition, beauty, home products, etc.

The people I work with have become some of my best friends and have been willing to do whatever it takes to help me succeed in this organization from the very first day I had the pleasure of meeting their acquaintance.

The hardest part of the job is expanding your mind to the possibilities that are endless and actually coming to terms with the facts that there are still genuine people in the world who only want to help you with no string attached.
Pros
endless earning potential that is performance based
Cons
n/a
Energized environment with supportive colleagues
Independent Business Owner (Former Employee) –  Concord, CAOctober 13, 2013
The best part about working for Amway has to be the positive energy coming from all of your fellow independent business owners. Everyone has their own individual goals, however no one ever hesitates to motivate and help you meet your own. Being in the business really teaches you a lot about marketing and sales and really helps you identify the pros and cons - such as making product profit but also getting turned down by potential customers. It was very difficult at times to schedule presentations of our business plan to clientele and potential business owners because on occasion it would require me to go far out of my way to meet with someone. Although it was overall a great environment, it was just not suitable for my lifestyle at the time.
Overall
Manufacturing Technician I (Current Employee) –  Ada, MIAugust 21, 2013
I enjoy working for Amway. The company's principals and vision for its employees and business owners are nothing like I have seen anywhere else. The atmosphere is to good to be true. Proud to be associated with such a company.
Pros
good pay, benefits, amazing people.
Cons
schedule, work hours.
Supportive, Creditable, and a Belief builder for ambitious individuals
Independent Business Owner (Current Employee) –  Altoona, PAMay 1, 2012
Amway Global had given me the opportunity to achieve personal and business growth using their unlimited stair step break-away business model. Amway provides a Leadership Team Development program that allows you to interact with a team of individuals who have succeeded at the businesses' highest level. As you are mentored and guided by these individuals you begin to reach other levels in the business and then you personally are given the opportunity to teach and mentor others to do the same. It is a value based education system that builds belief in your life and allows to to achieve success.
You are your own business owner, your success depends on your effort.
Independent Business Owner (Former Employee) –  Ada, MIJune 10, 2015
This was a side business as a plan B to create extra income. It is a great company and great business. The people whom I worked with supported me tremendously.
Positive atmosphere for achievement in business
Independent business owner (Current Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IANovember 11, 2013
This business provides the opportunity to learn people skills. The business group I am involved with provides training specifically for my business. It is a part-time endeavor of mine that has helped me accumulate much knowledge. I have learned how to aim for excellence, how to put success principles to work, and most importantly, how to be a friend. It is the most challenging experience I have ever had, I am continually learning how to be a better leader, friend, and mentor.
Pros
providing mentorship, associating with positive people, high standards, friendships
Cons
there are none
productive and fun
sales associate (Current Employee) –  New YorkJanuary 25, 2012
Amway Global have help me improve my interpersonal and communication skills. It is one of the best company to work for, it provides flexibility and great employee benefits.
Pros
flexible schedules, positive work environment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids MIFebruary 13, 2015
An awesome company to work for! They really value their employees and I learned a ton even for the short time I was able to work for such an amazing company!
Pros
get to decorate for the holidays, they have catering every now and then, and give away the best christmas presents!
Cons
don't really have any cons.., i would have probable retired from here if i didn't have to move away with my husband.
horrible
Independent Business Owner (Former Employee) –  New Brunswick, NJSeptember 12, 2013
It is very stressful and too much sacrifice for no pay. You are promised a salary that is almost impossible to reach with the productivity that they are asking of you.
Pros
fun
Cons
too sacrificial

4.2