Amway Employee Reviews

Great idea for business but not quite applicable for successs
Independent Business Owner (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIJanuary 13, 2018
Amway presented us with the opportunity of knowing what it's like to own a personal business. They helped us create and manage our own website where we could sell our products. Though I admired the ambitious nature of the business. In the end the inconsistency in their business philosophy, partner support and most importantly results did not appeal to me. So As a young professional I thought it logical to look for new opportunities in order to advance my career.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
no healthcare
Awesome products
Business Owner (Former Employee) –  Harlingen, TXJanuary 10, 2018
I love the products and believed I could reach my goals but, its way too much investment and very little profit. Would have to travel and pay out of pocket for expenses and never saw any advancement in levels.
Pros
Work on your schedule
Cons
No real profit
Relaxed, family environment
Communications Specialist (Contractor) (Current Employee) –  Ada, MIJanuary 7, 2018
A great place to work while having a family. Amway realizes there's more to life than just sitting behind a desk, and it shows with their employees. The company is committed to its workers.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Pace is a little slow
collaborative envirnoment
Project Management Intern (Former Employee) –  Ada, MIJanuary 3, 2018
Great place to work. It was a fun and laid back place and the management was encouraging and helpful. I would go back in a heartbeat. Only left because it was an internship.
Enjoyable company, great people
Independent Business Owner (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 3, 2018
While interacting with this company as an independent business owner, I have come across many wonderful people, both as business associates as well as customers, and some great products.
You are your own boss
Independent Business Owner (Former Employee) –  Red Bluff, CAJanuary 1, 2018
Everything is on your time. Residual income means that you get to have a steady income while not trading your time for dollars. I would recommend reading The Business of the 21st Century by Robert Kiyosaki before involving yourself in network marketing.
Life changing and Stratigical skills necessary
Associate (Current Employee) –  Yonkers, NYDecember 1, 2017
Going out and attempting to build a contact list in order to obtain consumers. I have learned that this job requires patience and a keen eye. The best part of the job is being able to continuing to learn about life and grow as an individual. However, the most difficult task is speaking to people because they might no be interested or intreged at times.
Pros
Discounts and a different perspective in life
Cons
Can't be taken likely and needs time and proper care
was a good place to work
Mechanical Assembler III - Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Ada, MINovember 28, 2017
Management always feeding into getting the workers to fight against each other. Always taking one side and never finding the source of the issues and jumping to conclusions of their own. Treated very unfairly on a daily basis.
Pros
good pay years ago
Cons
no raise in the last 12 years there
Incompetent management in Finance Department
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  FinanceNovember 20, 2017
Wasted a couple years in supply chain finance dealing with the most ignorantly incompetent set of fools imaginable. I wouldn’t recommend anyone who has career ambitions within finance even consider a job with this joke of a company.
1. Poor business model...even for a company in a scam industry
2. Unsustainable. Majority of sales from unstable markets that are on a serious decline
2. Phony culture...especially in finance
3. Lack of career options in finance within the GR area due to poor reputation of finance “professionals “ I have close friends at very large companies who laugh when they see a resume cross their desk that proudly announces they are have worked on Amway finance
Pros
Ok pay and hours
Cons
Everything imaginable but the above
Nice people, incompetent management
R&D (Former Employee) –  Ada, MINovember 8, 2017
Cosy and easy place to work.
Promotions are soley based on who you know and who likes you.
Management has no strategy and long term comittments to staff/business.
Nice colleagues.
Poor Culture
Assistant Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Ada, MINovember 6, 2017
Contractors are not treated well. Manager's are very disconnected to their employees. Opportunities for advancement are slim to none. Unless you have family connections you will not last here.
Fun and productive workplace to work in.
Marketing Intern (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 5, 2017
It is a great environment and good workplace to learn the ways of network marketing. Would definitely recommend for those who are interested in any type of marketing and would like extra income on the side.
Pros
Discounted prices on their products
Cons
Only way you got paid was on the profit you made of products sold.
Productive and fun workplace
Independent Business Owner (Current Employee) –  Ada, MINovember 2, 2017
You work with people you want to work with. No one makes you feel less than you are. Constructive criticism only. Great place to work everyone makes you feel great about yourself.
Not hard work but very fast paced environment
Order Puller (Former Employee) –  Santa Fe Springs, CAOctober 31, 2017
I gained a lot of experience as this was technically my first real stable job while balancing school. It was difficult because there were so many things that an individual needed to do and know. Although, everything was fast paced, it was still fun and I enjoyed working with my co-workers.
Good
Independent Business Owner (Current Employee) –  Findlay, OHOctober 30, 2017
Good compensation, flexible work, meet ne people and you can what you like and when you want to speck and there many bonus opportunity. IBO is a independent person not directly under the company but a associate which is a contract sale person.
Huddles meeting reviews
Skid Loader (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIOctober 25, 2017
Great environment to work in nice and friendly co workers. Rewards each huddles meetings for reaching goals each month. Also incidents that could help us as employees be safe and aware at all times.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Bad Break time
Laid back work place with a very high-school like clique environment.
Associate Research Scientist I (Former Employee) –  Ada, MIOctober 25, 2017
Fine place to work but advancement is based entirely on who you know. Management seems disconnected from lab. laid back work environment not a very strictly controlled laboratory.
Pros
Long lunches
Cons
Very clique-ish
Not a bad place to pick up temp work
Machine Operator/Material Handler/skid loader (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIOctober 17, 2017
Over all it wasnt a bad place to work. I worked 10 hour shifts, 5a-3p mon-thursday and loved that schedual. Most coworkers where easy to get along with and shift managers where great but cant say the same for the plant manager who had apparently had many complaints on him over the years and amway never decided to take action. All in all i would recommend it for temp work but not as long term solution
Pros
Had breakfast for us from time to time
clean yet stressful
Skid Loader (Former Employee) –  Ada, MIOctober 3, 2017
some days were slow other days were fast paced. it was a stressful environment yet it was a really clean factory that makes people like it. the management wasn't the best but it was ok. the hardest part of the job was dealing with all the stress that the people and the work put on you. the most enjoyable part was that the factory was really clean so I enjoyed going there.
Room for improvement
Manufacturing Technician (Former Employee) –  Ada, MIOctober 2, 2017
This job started out well enough at first. I was caught up in the euphoria that was the on-boarding for my plant where a "new" type of plant structure was used that allowed employees to have more say in the trivial matters of the plant. However as time went on, more of the "old" began to rear it's ugly head. That, combined with our plant manager finding another job and the retirement of my boss, the plant further reverted to a more traditional plant which I fell out of love with.

Overall the benefits are great!

I would say management is about what you can expect at a manufacturing plant these days. Lots of talking behind backs as well as the typcial high school gossip.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Amway. Our community is ready to answer.