Amway Employee Reviews

Some days are more prosperous than others
Independent Business Owner (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, WASeptember 27, 2016
Day starts off with networking with individuals with the goal to hopefully earn potential prospects. I learned that it is a good job for on the side but I need something that is more stable considering I have a family to take care of and need a steady salary. Management is good because I am my own boss and can work when I want. The hardest part of the job is that their are a lot of competitors in the market that can adjust their prices to a lower volume than what I have to offer because they have the revenue to set low-cost effectiveness which makes my job a lot harder. The most enjoyable part of the job is that I am my own boss but that does not mean I steer from authority figures or mentors, The position does have potential to make a lot of revenue as long as time and the right business strategy is put in to effect, and there are incentives such as bonuses for having consumers shop from one of your 200 + distributors from your website.
Pros
independent business owner, money can be good, work on your own time
Cons
the market is very competitive, revenue is not secure, need to put own income back in to business regardless of lacking of business
Good Opportunity for all
Manufacturing Tech II (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJanuary 13, 2017
Amway offers a number of benefits to it's employees to keep them healthy and provide flexibility. Amway Hires employees with and without previous manufacturing experience giving all a chance to start or continue a career in manufacturing
Pros
excellent programs to keep employees healthy
Amway
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Ada, MINovember 10, 2016
A pretty decent company to work for. Like most jobs, it depends on your department management. Compensation and benefits are great. Because the company is so large, there is opportunity to move around and develop different skills.
Terrible
Advertiser/ customer service (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CANovember 14, 2016
This was my very first job when I was still in high school, which meant I thought it would be cool to have an advertisement as a job. I was very wrong. This job was extremely low pay, pyramid structure and management is extremely terrible. What I do for this job was to sell beauty product and energy drinks. Sounds easy right? Wrong mostly because the products were extremely expensive and you have to invest your money first to sell them. For example, you need 20 energy drinks, you pay 60 bucks to get them and have to sell each one for 2-5 bucks. You get 3 percent from what you sell... 3 percent. Basically, this job was a scam and only the scammer gets the money. terrible job but met pretty neat people. Highly dont recommend this
Cons
3 percent from waht you get, pyramid structure, terrible "manager"
Inconsistently Productive
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Ada, MIDecember 9, 2016
Come in at 7am leave at 7:30pm.
Production doesn't start until 9 or 9:30am and sometimes 10am.
I learned how to do several detailed jobs on an assembly line.
I was close to the management and never had an issue with them. They did there jobs much better than the Technicians.
The hardest part of the job was the hours.
The best part of the job was the coworkers that were friendly and interesting people.
Pros
longer breaks than usual.
Cons
Tendency to get bored during non-production time.
i don't recommend amway to anyone
Sales (Former Employee) –  New JerseyDecember 2, 2016
I don't recommend amway to anyone. I invested $150 in amway and I lost all my money. I never earned a dime. I also have many friends who invested money in amway and they lost everything. The only people who make money in amway are the team leaders at the top of the pyramid. the 10%. everyone else loses their money. Don't waste you time or your money. good luck
Pros
work your own hours
Cons
no salary, no benefits, too much pressure to sell to family members
Great events, poor concession management
Concession Bartender (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 2, 2016
Compensation tip based, rookie management, no discounts, tickets, employee appreciation, little to no support during event, poor training, new trainees allowed to come in late and leave without completing shift duties, parking is in overgrown grass lots, sometimes lights are shut off when you leave, one coworker's car was stolen during a shift and Levy HR will not assist,
Productive and fun work place
Marketer/Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Danbury, CTOctober 26, 2016
I am still getting to know the crew that I work with. I am trying to learn as much as possible in order to be competitive with the rest of the crew , but I need to get my car fixed in order to get to the meetings in order to achieve more. I need anything that is in walking or bus transportable distance.
Pros
builds confidence
Cons
needs lots of time to wait to be paid
bad
Seller (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJanuary 22, 2017
Getting Hired. Glassdoor is your free inside look at jobs and companies. Salary details, company reviews, and interview questions — all posted anonymously by employees and job seekers.
bad
Positive and productive environment.
Independent Business Owner (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 20, 2017
Amway gives everyday workers, from all walks of life, the opportunity to be innovative and able to grow beyond what a regular job allows. Lastly, Amway offers another chance at chasing longheld dreams to ambitious Entrepreneurs.
Pros
Innovative Training, Positive Environment, Entrepreneurial
Cons
Slightly demanding
Good place to work as a temp
TEMPORARY WORKER (Former Employee) –  Paper ProductsJanuary 5, 2017
I didn't mind working the summer at Amway. The tasks were relatively easy and the people I met were amazing, The downside was the amount of standing that we had to do. For those who are not accustomed to having to stand for that long, it took a week to get used to it. As long as you were productive, my coworkers and I were able to talk to one another. A few of the line leaders in the department I was in could be unfair and have a bit of an ego that came with their position.
Pros
Fun coworkers
Cons
Long periods of standing
Special opportunity to build your own buisness meet with amazing leaders and a chance to become financially free.
Buisness Owner (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEJanuary 25, 2017
Amazing opportunity to grow yourself and buisness. Great support team. Amazing leaders that help you all the way. Fun work gatherings. Opportunity for buisness, personal and spiritual growth.
Pros
Opportunity to achieve success at a very high level.
Cons
Friendly environment where although you're in business for yourself; other people still motivate and encourage you to succeed.
Business entrepreneur (Current Employee) –  USADecember 27, 2016
I love the company and the team that I am a part of. Without it I don't believe I would have the skill sets that I possess today. Most enjoyable part of working with a business team is the energy to motivate and strive to become young and successful. People around you are surrounded by positive mentality that doesn't portray negativity to one another.
Interesting Work
Business System Tech I (Current Employee) –  Ada, MIOctober 29, 2016
If you fit the Amway Culture you will be extremely successful. The company is always trying to improve their approach to becoming more efficient and monetarily secure in the Direct Selling Business.
Engaging, exciting, and definitely recommend!
Business Owner (Former Employee) –  New JerseyFebruary 3, 2017
Highly recommended for anyone looking for a taste of the professional business world, or for anyone interested in creating a lasting legacy. Plenty of amazing mentorship, youthful energy, and positive atmosphere makes this a must for people of all ages.
Late nights
Amway IBO salesmen (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MONovember 15, 2016
You'll be up late nights to sell products that people don't want you have to persuade them to buy the products. You have to search for new people and make friends with new people to get them to bring her products such as vitamins and beauty products stuff that's very good for them but also really high so if you do sell it to them they must really like the product and see the benefit for it and between 10 and 20% commission from the product you sold them.
Pros
You get discounts on stuff
Cons
The consumers do not like the high prices
Very Positive Environment
Independent Business Owner (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTAugust 19, 2016
Culture encourages self-development. Learn leadership, interpersonal, and multi-level skills. Working with a diverse group of people across all ethnic, financial and professional levels. The hardest part was to maintain capital for the start up stage of the business. The most enjoyable part was the motivation and inspiration shared among the groups.
Fun place to work!
Platinum leg (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 5, 2017
Everyone there was happy, and all were hustlers to an extent. Pushing not necessarily desirable products with a smile and in bulk.

I miss the company but you need to have money to make money in that sort of ladder system business.
Pros
Ladder system
Cons
Takes money to make money
Very good work job culture
Snr SQL Server DBA (Current Employee) –  Ada, MIApril 21, 2016
job work balance is very good and compensation and benfits are all good,job culture is very agressive and professional.
Teaches you the basics of how be a leader.
Independent Business Owner (Former Employee) –  Tinley Park, ILNovember 13, 2016
It was an alright experience, made some good friends. Money is made through commission and you get to learn how to be an affiliate of Amway.
Pros
Co-workers tend to be decent.
Cons
Only comission based pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Amway. Our community is ready to answer.