Amway Employee Reviews in United States

Awesome work environment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Ada, MIApril 27, 2016
On a daily basis I take calls inbound and outbound and train new employees about the programs that we have available. The challenging part would be upset customers and to calm them down, or guide them to a new process. The most enjoyable part of my job is speaking to customers and help them on their needs but also the connection with my team.
Pros
Friendly, Fun
Very good work job culture
Snr SQL Server DBA (Current Employee) –  Ada, MIApril 21, 2016
job work balance is very good and compensation and benfits are all good,job culture is very agressive and professional.
Pastry Chef (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 20, 2016
Its a great place to work with lots of learning included. With tons of fun people there. It is a fast pace environment but there are plenty of people there to lend a helping hand.
A place to learn and a chance to grow by working with Amway
Technical Consultant (Current Employee) –  Ada, MIApril 18, 2016
It's been fabulous exposure to work with Amway. Always help me to keep active without being tired feeling. Exciting work environment.
Line Operator
Line Operator (Former Employee) –  Ada, MIMarch 21, 2016
At Amway I was very fortunate to be hired into the company as a full time employee. I was hired in at the time to be a line operator and advance to Machine Operator. This was one of the many goals I had while there.

Being in charge of the line included making sure all parts of the machine we were working on was oiled, free of degree or any thing else, job was entered into system, turning on machine and get it started. I worked on the line but also was responsible for clearing jams, making sure stock or product was at the job and assist the machine operator with any other tasks including fixing the machine. This job was very labor intense job and kept one busy. At times it could be mundane, being mostly factory work, but other wise was good. I enjoyed working side by side with the machine operator when any of the stickers or binder needed fixing. The other thing I loved most was working on huge mailings. This specific job was great because you had to really pay attention to addresses, labels, and batch numbers.

Once being at Amway for almost a year some changes came through the entire company. Some departments were completely gone and others down sized quite a bit. Our department started to have some changes take place that at the time jeopardized many peoples jobs. Learning about this was difficult and knowing that my position wouldn't be available in the next year was the hardest thing to come to terms with. Sadly I had to look for another job. The employees here were all great group of people who I looked forward to seeing. I learned so much here that I have taken
  more... and applied to many jobs both professional and personal.  less
Pros
Benefits, Retirement Savings, Holidays, Employee Relationships, Advancement Opportunities
Cons
Company downsizing, Job Security
A good company
Quality Intern, Durables & Devices QA (Current Employee) –  Ada, MIMarch 11, 2016
Very good intern program. very organized. HR will arrange a lot of event, including meeting with excutive team. The intern provide living place with low price. Free dring and snack. The employee store is awsome. A huge discount for a lot of product.
Pros
Free drink and snack
Cons
Cafiteria is not good, better bring your own lunch box
Working for Amway was fun and productive
Toxicologist (Former Employee) –  Ada, MIFebruary 15, 2016
Working for Amway gave me the opportunity to experience working in the industrial environment for the first time in my carrier.
Productivity
Independent Business Owner (Current Employee) –  Greensburg, PAFebruary 11, 2016
Each and every day can be different. However, each day you learn something new about people you connect yourself with. My co-workers or my team all have the same dedication and perseverance as I do. One day a week there is a business meeting that is optional to attend but vital and important. You learn a variety of business tactics and information that will make your business thrive.
Amway Warehouse Employee
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 10, 2016
An easy job that is very monotonous. Just about anyone can do this job as long as you have the ability to lift some heavy objects.
Fun and exciting place to work
Server (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 28, 2016
Check assigned section and make sure it is set correctly and utensils are polished, as well as make sure there is sufficient clean supplies for each seating, thus insuring guests have an exceptional dining experience during the Magic basket ball game. Maintain a professional and fun environment with coworkers while helping each other as needed.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
It's part time seasonal
Enjoyed working here, friendly "family" atmosphere
Line Operator (Former Employee) –  Ada, MIJanuary 8, 2016
I worked full time 1st shift and also 2nd shift . Learned a lot about bindery machines and how catalogs and manuals were made. Management was great and gave incentives and awards for a job well done. Enjoyed my co-workers and had "fun" while working, The hardest part of the job was dealing with downtime when machines were down ( being bored ). Enjoyed learning new things and keeping busy and the people.
Productive and Fun
Individual Business Owner (Former Employee) –  El Monte, CAJanuary 1, 2016
My typical day at work was a meeting and then being explained what are products are about and how they can help people in their everyday life. Some of things that I learned from this experience was how to handle money as well as how to wear professional attire as well as how to respect my co-workers.
Pros
Knowing i was towards a better life
Cons
short breaks
Credibility and Compensation
Independent Business Owner (Current Employee) –  Ada, MIDecember 15, 2015
I love working with Amway; they supply the best products on the market. They take very good care of business owners like myself. What I do on a regular basis is recruit, mentor and teach others how to be their own successful business owners. I get paid based off product movement and helping others make money - i.e. leadership bonus, year-end bonuses and franchise bonuses. I do NOT get paid for recruiting. The more I help others, the more Amway pays me out! It's good part-time income to help with expenses especially student loans.
Pros
Bonuses, products and people
Cons
There are none.
co workers
Line Operator (Former Employee) –  Ada, MIDecember 9, 2015
most were extreamly helpful and all the line operators were nice and i learned alot from them but the Manpower employees were rude....always late or leaving early leaving us amway workers extra work to do in a smaller period of time.
Opportunity to be financially independent
Independent Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 22, 2015
Positive environment made up of self-motivated individuals with all the same goals.This business not only helps your chances of a better life but helps you grow as an individual to reach the ladder of success. You are literally never alone in this business, help is always just a call or text away.
Awesome company
Independent Business Owner (Current Employee) –  Imperial, CANovember 16, 2015
They really care about every person that starts business with them, they send people to the conferences to talk to the business owners, there's always a lot of stories about success, and everyone on the team is driven to the same goal of helping people and becoming free.
Pros
Awesome customer service and IBO help
Cons
No conferences in california yet
Unless you are related to an employee, don't expect to get hired
Communications Analyst/Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ada, MIOctober 28, 2015
I worked as a contractor at Amway, it was a great first job. My manager was awesome and I liked almost everyone who worked there. I was really hoping to get a permanent job there, but they prefer to hire family of current employees, so I got fed up of waiting and got employment elsewhere. I know that it is a company with somewhat of a bad reputation, but the company really cares about its IBOs (the sellers).
Pros
Friendly people, free energy drinks, great work environment
Cons
Difficult to advance if not connected, company has historically bad reputation
Building was drafty - cold in the winter and hot in summer
Stock picker/Filler/Packer (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIOctober 24, 2015
There was no opportunity for advancement for all employees that came from a temp agency
Receiving and packing orders for UPS delivery
Processing special orders and expediting internet orders
N/a
Line Operator (Current Employee) –  Ada, MIOctober 13, 2015
Very pleasent place to work. The staff was great the program implimants is amazing and I feel like teachers and students have good healthy relationships. The migrant program is amazing and ran by wonderful people.
Great Place to work
Fork Lift mechanic (Former Employee) –  Ada michiganOctober 13, 2015
Job Work/Life balance day shift Monday tru Friday Compensation / Benefits GREAT 13 legal & floating Hoildays & 4 comp days a year for perfect attendance , Job Security GREAT i had 30n years in when they out sourced my Job . Management great always their to listen & get the tools needed for the job . Job culture GREAT emoployee meeting ever Month .

4.2