Anadarko Petroleum Corporation Employee Reviews

Great company to work for.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXJuly 1, 2017
Work was not only fun but productive. Anadarko provides adequate training programs and works hard to make sure their employees are equipped with the tools they need to execute their assignments.
Great place to work!
Contract Land Analyst (Former Employee) –  Denver, CO 80202June 30, 2017
My group was small and felt like family. Very collaborative and supportive. I felt valued and appreciated for the quality of my work and for the person I am. Very refreshing!
Pros
Great people
Cons
Excellent company and people.
Lead Integrated Operation Control Operator (Former Employee) –  Carrizo Springs, TXJune 21, 2017
It is a company that has the most integrity and most dedicated to their employees.
With the most dedicated to safety and the environmental.
To be the best.
Great compensation and benefits
Technologist (Former Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXJune 20, 2017
APC was a great place to work BEFORE the O&G downturn. Since then the "old timers' with irreplaceable knowledge were severed along with young, forward thinking recent graduates. What is left is mostly middle career people with mediocre management skills clambering for position. The balance is gone! Then, they lost much of the talent with a required relocation to Midland. Still a desirable place to work, but understand the recovery will take a few years.
Pros
Great pay and benefits
Cons
Struggling to recover from industry downturn and Midland relocation
ok place to work
Calibration Shop Specialist (Current Employee) –  Odessa, TXJune 15, 2017
Pay was good, but consider, job was located in the desert of west Texas, 30 t0 35 miles from closet town of any size < 1800 pop.and 65 miles from any large city Odessa Texas. Makes for a long commute.
Pros
good pay
Cons
micro managment
Very nice work environment
Systems Administrator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 14, 2017
Great location in the Woodlands. Office and amenities are excellent. Very smart and cool people.

Can be difficult to advance career. Need to be a very high achiever to excel. Very good isn't good enough.
Pros
Environment
Cons
Slow advancement
E&I Tech I (Former Employee) –  Carrizo Springs, TXJune 13, 2017
It was a grate place to work, they just did not bring people on full company though. Work day was not stressful if you knew how to prioritize, management was ok some of them were not there to teach, but a lot of them would sit with you and explain every aspect of the equipment down to the smallest bolt. the hardest part of the job is dealing with the hurry up and wait on parts. the most enjoyable part of the job is the people and family you pick up from working side by side with them for so long. even if you work with them for a few months they welcome you in to the job like family.
Excellent company to work for.
Wyoming Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Gillette, WYJune 13, 2017
Excellent company to work for. The pay, benefits, and extensive vacation package are great. The most enjoyable part of the job for me was working with lots of employees that really liked their jobs.
Pros
Pay, vacation, 401K
Cons
Information Management Analyst (Former Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXJune 8, 2017
Anadarko is great place to work. They are good to their employees and help them grow in their career. I was lucky to spend 16 years with them. Throughout my time with them I moved from accounting to records management to operations and was able to learn many aspects of the oil and gas business.
Pros
gym, cafe, doctor all on site.
Great company and very innovative
E&I Technician (Former Employee) –  Carrizo Springs, TXJune 4, 2017
It was a great company to work for overall. The compensation was very great and the worklife pto was amazing. Entry level operator I/ tech I salaries are 70-75k with 6% 401k match. Along with 4 weeks vacation at minimum which is based off your age and experience.There are alot of perks available to the employees as well on the company site.Annually bonuses are received based off your performance and other goals as well. They are pretty nice!
Pros
excellent pay, great benefits, innovative
Cons
Company wise very few
Drilling Consultant (Former Employee) –  ColoradoMay 8, 2017
would rather not comment this is me looking for a job not looking to rate other company that I used to work for this is absolutely crazy future questions like this arte a pain
Enjoyable and productive place to work. Lots of personal & professional benefits
Staff Geoscience Technologist (Former Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXMay 7, 2017
Excellent mentorship of staff and promotion of training/learning. In-House fitness center and company "team" environment for staying healthy and happy. Compensations were good and advancement was progressive.
Pros
Lots of progressive learning programs
Cons
Get's political very fast. Lots of road blocks.
Great Company to Work for
Land Analyst (Current Employee) –  Denver, COApril 7, 2017
Overall, a great company to work for. Like all oil and gas companies recently, the culture has taken a bit of a hit since the fall of oil prices a few years ago. The culture is recovering, and management is doing their best to reward employees for sticking through it. No work from home optionality, which is a benefit when you think about work-life balance. The 9/80 schedule is phenomenal! The dress attire is business casual, which keeps the environment professional yet not overly formal. With the right attitude and work ethic, it's a company you can excel and advance at!
Good place to work.
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Denver, COApril 3, 2017
Management changes impact on culture not positive. Great people to work with. Most enjoyable part of day was working with field operations or being on location.
Pros and Cons
Geophysicist (Former Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXMarch 31, 2017
Pros: Coworkers are like family, training when needed or desired, advancement possible, great PTO time, north of Houston
Cons: many layers of management, new people appointed often in high up positions
Pros
Cons
many layers of management, new people appointed often in high up positions
Great Work Life Balance
Engineer Specialist (Former Employee) –  Platteville, COMarch 24, 2017
No complaints, the company is structured very. Their core values are actually lived out and that is pretty impressive to see a company be able to follow through on their values.
Management really cares about their employees. Great job!
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Kermit, TXMarch 21, 2017
The work was great, I always had work to do. I felt like the work I did was important. My manager was amazing, he made sure to let me know every day how much he appreciated the work I did and was very understanding when I had a family emergency.
Pros
Pay is good. Management is awesome.
Cons
Training could have been better.
Very Productive
Internship (Former Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXMarch 19, 2017
The staff at Anadarko were very amazing and patient with giving a tour of the office. The workplace culture is very nice and the ideal perfect place to work at. Though I only was given a very short internship thanks to my school.
Pros
Great Learning Oportunities
Excellent Independent
Geologist (Former Employee) –  West, TXMarch 17, 2017
Anadarko has a diverse portfolio which allows for extensive movement between assets throughout a your career. This is not all that common in many other independent companies.
Pros
Good Culture / Diverse Asset Portfolio
Cons
Fun environment with great projects
Business Information and Technology Systems Intern (Former Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXMarch 15, 2017
Very in tune with quantitative and qualitative results. Environment was professional but included fun times with employees. Really helped me realize what career I wanted to go into.
Pros
Amazing company overall
Cons
Houston weather, that's all.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Anadarko Petroleum Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5