Anadarko Petroleum Corporation

Anadarko Petroleum Corporation Employer Reviews

Welling paying with good new experience learned.
Water Consultant (Former Employee), Midland, TXFebruary 26, 2015
Other co workers were great to be around and were friendly. Learned many different trade bout water pumps and chemical treatment of water. Had the ability to meet many different contract companies that were very helpful along the way.
Great Company
Well site manager (Former Employee), Salt Creek Oil Field, WyomingJanuary 29, 2015
Amazing company to their employees. They have great benefits and are second to none on the way they treat you as an asset and not just a number or revenue.
Professional yet friendly
Cash Management Specialist - Contract (Former Employee), Houston, TXJanuary 29, 2015
Coworkers were great, loved working with everyone and enjoyed my job. low stress environment yet allowed me to focus on my work and could get my job finished. Only con is that Anadarko does not hire temps/contractors.
good place, good benefits
Sr. Staff Regulatory Specialist (Former Employee), Denver, COJanuary 21, 2015
Nice place, good benefits, vacation. Many different kinds of oil and gas levels. APC offers classes, improvement skill classes. Can transfer to other countries, and offices in the U.S.
Loved working at Anadarko. The culture is interesting, cordial and I had opportunities to expand my knowledge, A good place to work!
Senior Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), The Woodlands, TXDecember 31, 2014
Pros: good and cordial atmosphere
Cons: i don't have a con. i liked everything
I first worked in the Legal Dept in which I increased my knowledge of contracts. I have always liked to work with contracts. I began working with contracts at Texaco Research and was given Star Plaque for updating and streamlining contract work. I increased my knowledge at Anadarko while working with 9 Attorneys who I learned much from,
Second I was transferred to the Midcontinent Group as Admin and took on extra duties working for the Landmen on that floor. I found I really loved the work for them and again increased my knowledge of the work they do. Some of my duties are shown in detail in my Resume.
Mr. Hackett was the Top Exec. at Anadarko when I worked there and he was a dynamic guy. He brought Anadarko into the 21st century. The people could not have been nicer or more accepting of me. The hardest part was learning Anadarko's methods compared with coming from the Texaco. I was use to one way for many years and had to learn a different culture. This also turned out to be one of the most enjoyable parts of going to a new job. Everyone needs a change and shakeup of their learning processes. .
Family cultured, and very organized.
Onsite Audio Visual/ I.T Support Technician (Former Employee), The Woodlands, TexasDecember 24, 2014
Pros: the clients usually rewarded good customer service to the team with cash cards.
Cons: they gave me a short notice about my contract not being continued.
Anadarko was one of the best companies I had to pleasure to work with. The team environment was family orientated, and well organized. If any of the team members had any problems with a specific issue with a task, we would have a round table discussion about the issue, and find a solution together.
HSE Intern: Great Company!
HSE International Internship (Former Employee), The Woodlands, TXDecember 23, 2014
Pros: two state of the art gyms, onsite food service with amazing selections, can use parking garage on the weekends to visit the waterway
Cons: i cannot think of any cons to working for this company
The pace ranges from medium to fast but there is always something to do or someone who could use an extra hand.
I came to this company as an intern and left with a fundamental knowledge of international, domestic, onshore and offshore petroleum operations.
The management were as much mentors as my supervisor and assigned mentor were. Everyone worked as a team and supported each other.
The most enjoyable part of the job were the people and the culture of the company. They truly lived by their corporate values and I believe that is what makes them such a great company.
Great work envorment
IOC Technician (Current Employee), Williamsport, PADecember 13, 2014
Pros: pay, atmoshphere
Cons: management, advancement
I really like working here. Work life balance is important. But it can get forgotten sometimes.
They are a great bunch of people to work with.
Lead Project Controls Specialist (Former Employee), The Woodlands TexasNovember 4, 2014
Pros: world wide exposure
Cons: not being visable among so many people you get over looked.
Reviewing the cost forecast, auditing invoices and forecasting resources needed for the up coming work associated with the project.

I learned that there are all sorts of situation that require a different approach to handling them and completing your task.

Management proves to be those who have confidence in their abilities excel in their advancement.

Some times people are in positions that they get in over their heads. You can only help people and co-workers so much to their abilities. When you exceed their abilities you need to become a mentor and prove they can get better.

Was the distance of travel from Houston to Mozambique.

working with my friends and those I had worked with before.
Love this employer
Land Specialist I (Current Employee), The Woodlands, TXAugust 23, 2014
Great company; Top workplace in Houston for several years now
Great Company to work for!
Externship-Southern Region Regulatory Department (Current Employee), The Woodlands, TXAugust 11, 2014
Great Company to work for! I am a contract worker for the company. The salary is great and the possibilities of advancement are endless.
Innovative workplace with great benefits
Maintenance Mechanic (Current Employee), Vernal, UTJuly 13, 2014
Pros: work schedule, vacation
Working in the gas and oil industry has been a great opportunity. The work schedule and perks are unbeatable. My job challenges me and gives me the freedom to act as an "owner" of my route. It gives me a feeling of accountablility and responsibility.
Overall a great place to work.
MASTER DATA ANALYST (Contract) (Former Employee), The Woodlands, TXMay 14, 2014
Cons: do not hire contractors.
I loved my contract assignment with Anadarko. I worked with the Vendor Master group. I enjoy learning and every day you learn something new with Vendor Master, great experience for me to include on my resume.
Company was going through many management changes, lay offs etc.. when I was there.
Sr. Staff Admin. - Land Dept. (Former Employee), The Woodlands, TXMay 14, 2014
Lots of changes. Many employees left a few years back. Close to many good shoping and dining locations. Seems to be growing.
Organized, Fun, Technically advanced, great place to work
Technical Analyst III (Former Employee), The Woodlands, TXApril 16, 2014
Pros: free lunches, close to home, gym and in house cafeterias
I wore many hats as a Contractor at Anadarko. I worked heavily and primarily as a Trainer\Mentor for all new Global Support Analysts (Helpdesk). The Helpdesk at Anadarko is setup as a Tier 2 or tier 3 role as the amount of knowledge, and tools that are used are far advanced and beyond any other Helpdesk environment. I wrote all training documentation, trained and Mentored all new Analysts, I also worked as a Quality Assurance Analyst, answering and fielding questions all day from new and experienced Analysts.

I learned I loved helping people, while remaining patient. I also learned I had a natural ability to retain so much information, that I became the renown "Go-to" person. Almost all situations I looked at as a potential training opportunity. I had a great relationship with Management and worked well with all my Managers, which resulted in a deep mutual respect. I was moved to various departments through my tenure at Anadarko, but it made me a great resource as knowledge grew and was readily shared with everyone.

The hardest part of my job, being challenged trying to keep up with the demands on my time and resources. The best part of my job was working with my team mates, teaching training and watching co workers grow into wonderful new Analysts.
Best professional ehs learning experience
Independent EHS Consultant/Contractor (Former Employee), Delaware BasinApril 7, 2014
Pros: self contractor
Cons: no healthcare benefits
A typical day at work involved stimulating improvements to HSE procedures and safe work practices, attending operations meetings, site audits, lead initiatives to promote visible and pro-active management commitment and employee involvement, and assist management with any ehs need they may have. I learned to plan, organize, implement, and evaluate EHS program for major oil producer. The hardest part of the job was arriving to a well blowout that killed 3 workers and having to extract one deceased worker from derrick and set up incident command. The most enjoyable part of the job was creating awareness about oil& gas safety to prevent injuries and fatalities.
Professional and fun work atmosphere
ESS Analyst (Current Employee), The Woodlands, TXFebruary 22, 2014
Pros: free gym and a cafe available.
I would attend meetings, interact with business partners, and train team members on accounts in our software system.
build lasting relationships with ease relationships that support the boardroom all the way to the mailroom.
Sr. Exec. Asst. - VP Operations (Former Employee), Denver, COFebruary 14, 2014
Pros: vacation and pay
Cons: long hours worked
Great company to work for.
Wonderful people.
Worked long hours but got to touch all areas of the company.
Going to work everyday was the best part of the job and the people.
It was a good experience
Production Engineer Intern (Former Employee), Gillette, WYNovember 15, 2013
It was a good experience. It was difficult working in Gillette at times living out of a hotel room and working in the field but I learned a lot and was able to assist the team with the maps I created and work I did. The management was very kind and hard working and I had a wonderful experience in the Woodlands preparing to head north. It is an overall very good company.
Great company always room to improve and grow with company
Well Manager (Current Employee), Carrizo Spring TexasJuly 30, 2013
Pros: 7 days on 7 days off
Cons: n/a
Have worked for this company since I retired. Great company have learned so much on Oil and Gas there is always something new to learn every day.

About Anadarko Petroleum Corporation

Anadarko Petroleum has ventured beyond its original area of operation -- the Anadarko Basin -- to explore for, develop, produce, – Read more

Anadarko Petroleum Corporation Photos