Anaheim Union High School District Employee Reviews in United States

Not the best managment
SUBSTITUE CUSTODIAN (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CAMarch 3, 2016
Wonderful pay because it is union but it all depends on what site you get. Have a supervisor that doesnt care if you do your job or not or you may get one that is just moved from site to site because of harrassment. All about who you know and the politics here.
Pros
Wonderful people
Cons
lack of enforcment with protocall
A different kind of stress.
Insturctional Asst. S.H. IV (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAJuly 9, 2015
You work with special needs students in a classroom environment. Most of the time you deal with bad behaviors and sometimes have to protect yourself and other students from the more violent students.
Pros
50min lunch, good benifits
Cons
Children could get violent.
Wonderful district to work for
Instructional Assistant- Special Abilities (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CAJune 3, 2015
Anaheim Union High School District treats their employees with respect and appreciation. I enjoy the school I work at. I love my co-workers. AUHSD gives in-house employees priority to apply for vacant positions before allowing others to apply.
This was a public High School
Plant manager (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAJanuary 2, 2015
A typical day at Magnolia H.S. would be I arrive at 11:30 a.m.
Meeting with the Princ. discuss matters that need addressing.
Work during the students lunch as security and custodian in maintaining the restrooms and picking up the trash . 1:30 p m
Greet Custodians in the faculty lounge. Have meeting with them inform the custodians of upcoming activities.. and or problems on their routes. finishing at 11 p m by securing the Campus and checking the doors and all gates.
Leaving msgs' for Manag. of problems during the evening that could not be addressed.
Hardest part of the job was seperating myself from the employees
If they had to be corrected I would do it aside from anyone else in a professional manor . I was more like a father to some of the employees and had to act accordingly.
Pros
job gave me the knowlege of management
Cons
you are out on a wire by your self and there is no support
Cleaning the School
Janitor and Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CADecember 23, 2014
A typical day would be going around the grounds of my high school and cleaning the classrooms.

I learned how to mop the flows, using the "8" figure that ice skating use.

Management was the best. Co-workers had language barriers (Hispanics who knew or spoke little English)

The job itself wasn't hard at all. The most enjoyable part was learning new Spanish words, and they are non-profane words.
Pros
great environment, quiet.
Cons
n/a
High School Soccer Coach
Junior Varsity Headcoach (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAJuly 17, 2014
I landed this job from my former coach. It was a wonderful job. It required my knowledge of the sport(which i had played for 18 yrs) and my ability to instruct each girl to their individual uniqueness. This job was by far my favorite. But it also had its challenges at times as well. My first day one of my girls had a seizure on the field. I was very grateful for the knowledge i had acquired from doing my first aid/cpr classes. I never thought that would happen to me because i myself never saw that happen on all the club teams i had played on. That first day was very memorable. Besides that event I did drills, scheduling, fundraiser events, and extra practices for all my girls. Unfortunately due to school budget cuts i was let go after a couple years of being headcoach.
Educational, fast tracked, fun to be part of the entire team.
Administrative Assistant - Bilingual (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAJuly 15, 2014
I strongly believe that since I go on a temporary basis, when I am called in; it becomes a bit difficult to make a true assessment of each school I worked.
In general, it has been a great opportunity for me to work in the Public School System; since I feel it is wonderful to be able to make a difference in the lives of so many students and parents. All this is done through great commitment and responsibility and working effectively with the students, parents, other institutions and other staff members such as teachers, counselors and principals.
The working experience with AUHSD has been great, and I really feel that I am serving those in our communities, aside from enjoying the job that you were contracted to do well. I also feel that there is still much that one can learn on an ongoing basis, and this is rewarding to me all the time.
Pros
job opportunity to get ahead within and help out students.
Cons
some organization. we can always make the system work better.
Great School District
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CAJuly 10, 2014
I've really enjoyed getting to meet new students, get acquainted with the schools, staff and administration. The Human Resources staff are great and very helpful. The district is very organized for its substitute teachers. When I go to a new school there is a lesson plan, a folder with a classroom key, forms for evaluations, instructions/policies on student behavior, instructions for emergencies and a lot of information to help maneuver through the school's day.

The students are my favorite part of the job. They have been terrific to meet, and even the ones with not so wonderful attitudes aren't as bad as they want you to believe.

Anaheim Union High School District is a great place to work.
Extrmely positive and professional working environment.
Teacher/Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CAJune 29, 2013
A typical day at work involves planning/implementing lesson plans at the secondary level, classroom management skills, behavior management skills, and maintaining a positive learning environment for students.
Pros
competitive salary and ca state teacher retirement program
Cons
position is not considered full time
A good place to work. Opportunities available to pursue. Hundreds of hard working, exceptional individuals. Strong athletic, music programs.
Teacher/Coach/Activity supervisor (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAFebruary 4, 2013
The day began at 8 A.M. and ended at 2:30 P.M. or there abouts. I taught six classes a day...Home Economics; Cooking, Sewing.
As the years passed, so did the schedule. The day schedule changed to the BLOCK. I taught 5 classes, odd/even alternating by day, 85 minutes each with one session off each day. I learned to adjust, think on my feet, create class content from scratch., stay involved with campus activities. I learned that the best way to manage a classroom...for me..was to keep the students busy doing useful and relavant activities. While I was omnificent in my classroom..due to the fact that I was usually the only one teaching in my area, I found other teachers often needed a bit of help. I observed that a few teachers had little class control or ability to teach, but relied on 'other' activities or pursuits to advance their careers. Other co-workers were delightful, willing to share experiences, time, equipment and expertise. The hardest , but most rewarding part of my teaching experience was creating something from nothing. Several times I was asked to prepare and teach in an area where I had little or no personal experience. Mentors, research, observation, common sence, and "guts ', made the difference.
Many students passed my way. I trust I damaged none!
Pros
i was regarded as someone who could respond to change with success.
Cons
it was sometimes difficult to adjust quickly to the whims of a principal.

4.2