Our firm has SEVERAL openings for Forensic Mortgage Underwriters in our rapidly expanding business. Current openings are available for permanent, full-time positions and/or part-time positions that include competitive salaries (commensurate with education/skills/experience) and the opportunity to work in a friendly, professional private office environment.
- Engages primarily in the re-underwriting, review and classification of residential mortgage loans corresponding to that of a typical regulatory or due diligence review. He/she will evaluate the underwriting and credit administration practices (i.e., applicable Underwriting Guidelines).
- Evaluate financial institution’s management performance on correcting issues identified in formal and informal actions related to the lending function. Assesses adequacy of compliance with loan policies.
- Determine if loans were made within the financial institution’s policy and compliance and with governing regulations when applicable.
- Prepare a list of Technical Exceptions (documentation deficiencies).
- Discusses findings with Manager of the Financial Services Consulting Division. Makes recommendations with the Manager regarding loan portfolio deficiencies.
- Reviews unusual or complex loan files. Analyzes financial information, file documentation, and prepares questions for Financial Services Manager regarding the credit reviewed.
- A BS degree or equivalent experience in a directly related underwriting or due diligence position.
- Three years of mortgage underwriting experience REQUIRED and five years or more highly preferred. Please DO NOT APPLY if you do not have the required amount of experience.
- Strong analytical, written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of FNMA, Freddie Mac and /or FHA underwriting guidelines
- Proficiency in Windows-based computer application including word and excel
- Ability to function independently with minimal supervision and high production environment education and experience
- Able to analyze cash flow from tax returns and financial statements.
- Able to handle more complex, higher risk accounts with some guidance and direction from underwriters that are more experienced or the Manager.
- Participated in a formal credit-underwriting training program.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization which does not require now or in the future sponsorship by the employer for a visa.
Remote Candidates will NOT be considered! Must be local or willing to relocate to the Birmingham area.