The Project Manager is an integral member of the Financial Consulting Services sector of Analytic Focus LLC. He/she will work with the Director of Financial Services to ensure that all underwriting projects are being performed efficiently, correctly, and in a timely manner. He/she will work independently in this position but will also work in conjunction with the Director and/or other members of the Financial Services team as needed to ensure that all re-underwriting functions are performed with the highest quality and integrity on behalf of the clients of Analytic Focus, LLC.
Job Responsibilities of the Underwriting Project Manager:
- Manage all underwriting projects to: prioritize work and resources, adhere to project requirements and specifications, and maximize efficiency.
- Audit re-underwritten loans to verify the existence and accuracy of information relevant to the loan.
- Provide insight, direction and expertise to Mortgage Re-Underwriters and Senior Mortgage Re-Underwriters.
- Resolve issues that arise during the interpretation of loan policies with the re-underwriting process.
- Communicate in person, via e-mail, and via telephone to work closely with internal and external contacts to obtain necessary information to clear issues that may arise with each project.
- Access, input, and retrieve data from all re-underwriting systems used within the Company.
- Report preparation, including statistical analysis skills required to assess and document re-underwriting productivity, track incentives, etc.
- Develop and maintain proper processes and procedures within the department to ensure consistency in production.
- Oversee quality of daily production
- Implement and ensure compliance with required audit/security/compliance procedures & reporting associated with current Company projects.
- Customer Service – Handle and resolve client issues
Job Requirements of the Underwriting Project Manager:
- B. S Degree in Finance-related field, Master’s Degree preferred
- 5+ years experience in Compliance, Risk Operations, Mortgage Loan production, Audit, Underwriting and Project Management
- PMP certification highly preferred
- Formal Project Management Training
- Strong PC skills, including MS Excel and the ability to learn SPSS
- Strong research and analytical skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills for interaction with other employees and clients
- Knowledge of Home Loan Compliance regulations with GSE’s and Federal Regulations.
- Self-discipline, highly organized and capable of simultaneously dealing with multiple projects and multiple teams
- Knowledge of mortgage and loan compliance
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent people skills
- Ability to maintain a cooperative and supportive attitude
- Must be extremely reliable
- Must be flexible to work within a small business environment
- Ability to work well in a stressful environment
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time working in front of a computer screen
- Ability to multi-task and organize large workloads
- Must be flexible to work 50-55 hours per week including evenings
This is not a Remote Position. Only Local Candidates will be considered.
Indeed - 8 months ago