Analytics Employee Reviews

Good people, dead end job
Analytical Chemist (Current Employee) –  Ashland, VAApril 12, 2015
Definitely steady work but no room for growth. No raises, just holiday party with gifts. I would recommend this for someone looking for easy work and not concerned about growing in a company.
Pros
Good people
Cons
No room for growth
Coolest professional haircare brand, family business, strong team, co
Inventory Control Manager - TIGI/Bed Head (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TXSeptember 26, 2014
Review daily inventory levels in Oracle, meet with Inventory Control team to go over tasks & assign new ones. Analyze monthly DC inventory value and sales movement reports, attend Ops meetings, Review consigned inventory levels, assess promotional items to push sales VP's to sell through and re-offer to various Distributors through pocket deals or e-commerce offers. Meet with Sales and Marketing to evaluate excess overstock component inventory & consigned near obsolete goods. Walk rows in DC, check receiving dock and shipping lanes, discuss any issues with DC manager. Present scrap approval items within budget for President CFO and Sales VP. Help Purchasing with various efficiencies or negotiations.
I learned the value of cash-flow, inventory as a company's biggest asset, how to delegate tasks and follow-up multiple times until the job is done, to be creative with getting Sales & Marketing to communicate openly and work together to problem solve issues rather than playing the blame game while implementing new standard operating policies and procedures for increased efficiencies to educate and prevent office staff from wasted cash-flow an obsolete inventory, then to roll-out international inventory DC management. I got a lot out of working and learning from the management team while creating my own voice purpose at the same time. My co-workers we're very helpful and supportive of assisting me execute various projects while all adhering to tasks assigned to them. Hardest part of my job was standing up to the President and Sales VP's bringing bad news about lost sales and overstock
  more... items they failed to capitalize on while motivating them to re-offer, market, and sell through products. Most enjoyable part of the job was donating goods to charities, hosting and creating company-wide employee sales, and getting recognition from the President and CFO as having made a huge impact on the company's bottom line through my efforts.  less
Pros
free haircuts and hair products, nice family-run business, work with every department
Cons
repetitive projects, one track-minded departmental separatism
Enjoyable atmosphere
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCDecember 17, 2013
I learned how to organize important documents, use Quick books, and communicate with clients.

A typical started with filing bills and important documents, creating spreadsheets for bills and making phone calls to collect money owed to the company.

Calling to collect money was the most difficult part of this job. I enjoyed working here because helped my organization skills and people skills as well.

I worked here during summers.
I do like what I do
Global BI Quality Analyst (Contractor) (Current Employee) –  Hagerstown, MDJuly 18, 2013
I am over the analytics for our global department. This consist of directing our team as to what our focus needs to be and monitoring our progress. I create five weekly and three monthly reports that effects various departments in our business.
Interesting industry
Manager (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 14, 2013
Have good co-workers there. Enjoy the research type of analytics work.
Pros
free fruits and bagels
Cons
too far to commute and management does not encourage work from home.
A very good and young company but still growing among analytical labs.
Chemical Analyst/Weekend Manager (Volatile Lab) (Current Employee) –  Ashland, Va. 23005September 21, 2012
Walking into my lab and seeing all the instruments in good working condition to begin the day's work. Review the previous day's work to see if there will be the need to do dilutions and if not then tune the instruments, go through my checklist, set my priiorities according to due dates and quick turns. Work on the samples and leave work once i am through with the samples.Learning is by everyday. Just like i have to learn to clean the PID lamp today.I do not have any specific management style. So i try to be adaptive to what will maximise production and keep the company going.I listen to the views of my co-workers if i had to take any decision that will affect my subordinates and let them know how special they are to me and the company. There are know hardest days because each day comes with its own problem. It depends on the situation and how you go by it. That will determine your rating.Actually, all aspect of the my job is enjoyable.