The position of System Engineer is a technical position within a Health Information Technology, well-‐respected organization. This position is responsible for evaluating the design and integrity of our customers' systems,( 5-‐300 nodes), providing administration, help desk support direction and ensuring document results. Technical, analytical, and writing skills are critical. Strong client communication skills are an absolute necessity. Responsibilities include running network diagnostic tools, interviewing executives, compiling information in management reports, executing network implementation projects, user help desk support, network administration and presenting solution based results.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- IT Support relating to technical issues involving Microsoft's core business applications (Windows Server, Exchange, SQL, SharePoint, as well as Citrix)
- Responsible for the Data Protection Services suite of our products for Disaster Recovery
- Design, Implementation, & Support services for Microsoft related technologies (Windows Server, Exchange, SQL, etc.)
- Responsible for the network level (i.e., network connectivity, routers, firewalls, security)
- Remote monitoring access solution implementation, user help desk support and Cloud service support (i.e., VPN, Terminal Services, & Citrix)
- System documentation & consulting services to include network reviews and recommendations
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily immediately upon first date of employment. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Our organization recommends and strongly encourages team members to maintain industry certifications. The employee filling the System Engineer position should have (or will be required to obtain) some or all of the following certifications:
Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, or MCITPE, Citrix, VMWare VCP, CompTIA A+, CompTIA Network+
Education and Experience:
- Three to five years of IT experience with IT service provider. 5 years plus overall professional network or systems engineer/admin experience
- Bachelor's Degree
- A strong understanding of relevant technologies, solutions, troubleshooting, &
- Writing and presentation skills are critical
- Professional office environment and our clients medical offices
- Primarily remote support with some travel required to various local clients
LOCAL candidates only please.
The statements above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. Other duties may be assigned as needed.
Indeed - 2 years ago