ANB Bank Employee Reviews

Overworked, Under appreciated.
Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COMarch 9, 2017
ANB Bank is not a good place to work. There is no job security due to poor management. They care more about the quantity of your work rather than the quality and accuracy of your work, which is not good in banking. They don't support their employees when a health crisis arises. The workload was heavy and compensation was poor. No raise was given during 18 months of working there.
Not a good place to do business
Personal Banker III (Former Employee) –  Grand Junction, COOctober 13, 2016
Management is not where it needs to be. Customers are not put first. Employees are not allowed to offer opinions on what can better the company unless they are CEO's. Unfair scheduling. Unrealistic job and class requirements. Ground level employees get written up when management is cause for such action. When a manager does not have time to approve or review something by the deadline outlined in their job description, the employee who "failed" to turn it in is placed on probation.
Pros
Paycheck
Cons
Going to work for ANB Bank
Old School Mentality
Officer (Current Employee) –  Lenexa, KSFebruary 5, 2017
While the pay is good, the atmosphere is toxic. Management is old and out of touch. Toxic environment with most employees being scared of upper management.
Pros
Good Salaries
Cons
Management, Ownership
very pleasant place to work
Personal Banker (Current Employee) –  Castle Rock, COAugust 23, 2016
Co workers are extremely nice to work with. The bank is super community oriented. It loves its customers. Procedures are easy to follow and they have an excellent back office staff if you are to need any help with just about anything.
Pros
easy going, trains well
Relaxed work enviornment
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYDecember 1, 2015
Enjoyed working with the public and helping them resolve any issues or concerns they may have had. The management had a big gray area as far as rules and procedures.
Pros
Easy going atmosphere
Meeting new people everyday.
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Clifton, CONovember 28, 2012
I liked working with many of the co-workers. I do feel I was not trained correctly and struggled the first week. After I got the hang of how the all the systems worked I had no problem. The hours I had worked great with my kids schedule and I was always able to be home with them at night. One of the best things I likes about this job was meeting new people in the community.
Great manager makes work rewarding
BSA/AML Analyst (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COApril 7, 2013
The BSA Officer at ANB Bank makes the job very rewarding. Unfortunately there is a culture of push-back when it comes to working with other departments such as the frontline staff. I believe the bank's employees need more education as to why BSA compliance is so important and why certain information is needed and important to the BSA-AML staff.
loved interaction with the customers and getting to know them.
Universal Banker (Former Employee) –  Grand Junction, COJanuary 29, 2015
I loved working here and it was just time for me to move on. I still wish I would have accepted the job I interviewed for when I left. I earned a lot of recognition and met the owners of the company. Also trips to Telluride to work.
Pros
banker hours
Cons
not getting to keep the money
Unfair place to work
professional (Former Employee) –  Main bankMay 15, 2013
As an employee, I was treated very unfairly. I completed my work on time, even before my supervisors, worked overtime when we had deadlines, picked up additional work and never was written up during my time working there. During my annual evaluation, I was rated poorly and was given no examples supporting any of the ratings. My manager even told me that I didn't "fit in" and that he would give me 3 weeks to find another job (by the way this was at Christmas too). My annual evaluation at 12 months, was given at 17 months and I was totally shocked at the lack of professionalism.

I now know that I would have had a case of retaliation in the workplace if I would have spoke with HR and they would have fired me. Beware of the lack of integrity with the management. Once I left, I spoke with HR about what was going on, and they did not keep anything confidential, as I have friends who told me that they didn't.
Pros
gym
Cons
unfair treatment
Great company with caring and friendly management at every level.
Personal Banker II (Former Employee) –  Casper, WYOctober 7, 2013
This bank was great place to work. It was a small branch so there were only 8 employees including myself. All of my managers and coworkers were friendly and approachable. My main manager's door was usually open to assist us with problems and she often listened to our interactions with customers in case she needed to be there to help us if we were having problems. I required more than adequate training and I felt that I was prepared to handle most situations that were thrown at me. The hardest part of this job was that since it was a small branch, we weren't very busy so the time passed very slowly some days. The most enjoyable part of this job was all of the people that worked there, and that banked there. They made the days go by much faster. This company makes its employees feel more like family than workers.
Pros
Great coworkers, good insurance, hour lunches
Cons
Slower paced
A great place to work with a relaxed environment
Software Developer (Current Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYFebruary 6, 2014
At ANB Bank, I worked on exciting projects that were actually meaningful to the company. Management was fantastic; they never badgered you about development time or anything. Before retiring, our CIO had been there 37 years, and I think there's a reason!
?
Branch Manager / Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Denver, COOctober 11, 2015
Horrible Management, No communication, Low morale. I have never seen such unhappy employees. Management not honest and company is unorganized.
Dead End with little chance of advancement
Universal Banker I (Former Employee) –  Grand Junction,COFebruary 11, 2013
We were always made to feel like the next moment would be our last. Management expected professional treatment but was unwilling to provide the same to the employee. There was high turn over due to bad leadership.
Good overall employer
Certified Teller I (Current Employee) –  Colorado SpringsMarch 13, 2012
ANB Bank supports a safe environment for all employees and is a highly-rated bank for financial soundness and customer service. Good, workable branches with many varieties of coworkers and experiences.
Good learning experience
Credit Risk Analyst III (Current Employee) –  Cherry Creek, COJuly 30, 2014
Good place for some experience for recent grads. Not enough room for growth. Great co-workers and the ability to work with senior level management on a day to day basis.
I like working here.
Personal Banker II (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CONovember 20, 2012
I wait on customers for a majorityof my day. I enjoy working as a team with my co-workers. I like being able to help a customer resolve an issue.
Pros
close to home
Cons
remodeling building
Enjoyed being a teller for ANB however did not enjoy being an operations clerk. I felt like I wasn't being treated fairly by certain management
Operations Clerk (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs COMay 7, 2012
I would start up my computer start by reviewing reports for both Wyoming and our PBK branches, I would do that all day then I would go and do our interoffice mail and get that sent out to each of the branches. At the end of the day any mail that would have to go out I would take that to the post office. I learned time management was very important and the different reports that are monitored for out personal bankers. I enjoyed our previous management that we had as I beleived they were fair. When one of the other girls moved up to operations coordinator she had her favorites and did not treat anybody fairly. The hardest part of my job was trying to take care of both my regions as there are 5 reports each that I would review and about 12 branches that I would have to review. The most enjoyable part of my job was just knowing I had a job
Pros
hour lunch, great people in other depts.
Cons
new operations coordinato, nobody had children in my dept, did not like the favoritism
Overall good
Teller III (Former Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYFebruary 20, 2015
I enjoyed the people I worked with. The job got a little boring as it was the same every day. Little chance for advancement as people never seemed to leave their job.
Branch Location
Personal Banker II (Former Employee) –  Parker, COMay 28, 2014
ANB Bank had its slow days and busier days. Typically slower. I performed everyday teller transactions. Handling larger amounts of cash.
Pros
Good Team
Cons
Slow paced
SUPER Fun Place To Work
Personal Banker II (Former Employee) –  Lenexa, KSJanuary 11, 2015
Everyday was a treasure hunt! You'd never know what you may find. Great staff and management. Very well ran store.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ANB Bank. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9