ANB Bank Employee Reviews

A+ Place
Corporate Trainer (Former Employee) –  Carbondale, CONovember 30, 2017
ANB Bank was a nice place to work. The culture was inviting and welcoming. I work there for 18 years and would still be there if family situation hadn't have changed.
Pros
Easy work environment, friendly people
Do not work here
Universal Banker (Former Employee) –  Lenexa, KSSeptember 8, 2017
You always have to fear losing your job because ALL management are friends, grew up together, went to high school together, and always pull the sketchiest stunts to cover themselves. Management is TERRIBLE. Favoritism is a HUGE problem. You work VERY long hours and DONT get paid for the overtime you work. If you ever work here - you will NOT have a life outside of this place. There is ZERO life to work balance. You WILL work 6 days a week and 4 (or more) out of those 6 days are going to be open to close and you WILL NOT get paid extra.
Great Culture
Universal Banker (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COAugust 9, 2017
Great company to work for, there are always new things to learn and great co-workers to help you gain day to day knowledge. Management stays involved as much as possible to the point they actually want to get to know you, and you aren't just another employee.
Nice for someone who is trying to get started in the financial market
Universal Banker (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJuly 27, 2017
Somewhat challenging and stressful at times, I have learned a lot here though. Management is helpful and kind. Nice workplace. Team driven. Most difficult part of this job is probably all the details that go into banking and keeping up with the maint. of accounts. The customers are for the most part very nice. I have some customers that only want me to help them. You really build trust in this type of job.
Pros
Nice co-workers, management will work with you on your weknesses, incentives.
Cons
Benefits too expensive
Good entry level job
Universal Banker (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJune 8, 2017
I definitely enjoyed my time at ANB as a personal banker. Absolutely loved my co-workers, and built great relationships with the customers I saw regularly at the branch I worked at. The bank has gone through many changes since I first joined in 2013, but as long as you followed procedure, there was never anything to worry about. So long as you're willing to work with your team, they'll work with you and the job is as easy as it gets. Unfortunately I messed up and was let go. Not a bad place to work at.
Pros
Community oriented, emphasizes relationships with customers. Quite an easy atmosphere.
Cons
Goes through changes like water, tends to frustrate customers and employees, management made people feel underminded at times.
PERSONAL BANKER II (Former Employee) –  Casper, WYMay 22, 2017
The branch was slow paced branch. I was able to learn a great deal of the daily operations of the bank. I worked close with the Assistant Branch Manager writing Audit procedures and daily routine procedures.
Overworked, Under appreciated.
Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COMarch 9, 2017
ANB Bank is not a good place to work. There is no job security due to poor management. They care more about the quantity of your work rather than the quality and accuracy of your work, which is not good in banking. They don't support their employees when a health crisis arises. The workload was heavy and compensation was poor. No raise was given during 18 months of working there.
Old School Mentality
Officer (Current Employee) –  Lenexa, KSFebruary 5, 2017
While the pay is good, the atmosphere is toxic. Management is old and out of touch. Toxic environment with most employees being scared of upper management.
Pros
Good Salaries
Cons
Management, Ownership
Use to be a great place to work
Branch Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Casper, WYJanuary 9, 2017
I have learned so many qualities about myself, how to handle situations, patience, time management, and have learned so many things about banking while working at ANB for just a short time. Although it was previously a great place to work, that is no longer the case. The previous supervisor was lazy but stayed to herself and in her office, now we have a new supervisor that sits in the lobby bossing everyone around while eating and doing nothing. On a typical work day, aside from dealing with her, I open the teller line (when she is supposed to be the one to do so), help customers, work with great tellers, and help amazing customers with all of their needs. The hardest part of the job would have to be the one supervisor, the best part about the job is the tellers and the customers. The customers and the 2 coworkers make it great and hard to leave this place behind.
Not a good place to do business
Personal Banker III (Former Employee) –  Grand Junction, COOctober 13, 2016
Management is not where it needs to be. Customers are not put first. Employees are not allowed to offer opinions on what can better the company unless they are CEO's. Unfair scheduling. Unrealistic job and class requirements. Ground level employees get written up when management is cause for such action. When a manager does not have time to approve or review something by the deadline outlined in their job description, the employee who "failed" to turn it in is placed on probation.
Pros
Paycheck
Cons
Going to work for ANB Bank
very pleasant place to work
Personal Banker (Current Employee) –  Castle Rock, COAugust 23, 2016
Co workers are extremely nice to work with. The bank is super community oriented. It loves its customers. Procedures are easy to follow and they have an excellent back office staff if you are to need any help with just about anything.
Pros
easy going, trains well
Relaxed work enviornment
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYDecember 1, 2015
Enjoyed working with the public and helping them resolve any issues or concerns they may have had. The management had a big gray area as far as rules and procedures.
Pros
Easy going atmosphere
?
Branch Manager / Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Denver, COOctober 11, 2015
Horrible Management, No communication, Low morale. I have never seen such unhappy employees. Management not honest and company is unorganized.
Overall good
Teller III (Former Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYFebruary 20, 2015
I enjoyed the people I worked with. The job got a little boring as it was the same every day. Little chance for advancement as people never seemed to leave their job.
loved interaction with the customers and getting to know them.
Universal Banker (Former Employee) –  Grand Junction, COJanuary 29, 2015
I loved working here and it was just time for me to move on. I still wish I would have accepted the job I interviewed for when I left. I earned a lot of recognition and met the owners of the company. Also trips to Telluride to work.
Pros
banker hours
Cons
not getting to keep the money
SUPER Fun Place To Work
Personal Banker II (Former Employee) –  Lenexa, KSJanuary 11, 2015
Everyday was a treasure hunt! You'd never know what you may find. Great staff and management. Very well ran store.
Customer's were great!
Personal Banker II (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CODecember 31, 2014
A typical day at work consisted of returning/placing phone calls, internal email communications, opening/closing accounts and maintaining excellent customer relations and creating new ones. During this time I created a report to better track sales progress, my manager created a spreadsheet to display sales progress and I would update the spreadsheet once a week. Now the entire region uses the same calculations and spreadsheet weekly. My co-workers were amazing, fun and professional. During the last three months of my employment at ANB Bank I attended a Business Networking meeting with local small businesses to help promote business for participating members and the bank. I loved working with the customers, my co-workers and my networking partners.

The most enjoyable part of my job was honing in on the individual banking needs of my customers. I would help them create LLC's for the business endeavors, assist in identity theft recovery and suggest products that would best help my customers reach there financial/credit goals.

The hardest part of the job was using the software systems, however I eventually became proficient.
Pros
Free Lunches when the bank was busy. The days were productive and work days went fast.
Cons
Very little value for employees.
Good learning experience
Credit Risk Analyst III (Current Employee) –  Cherry Creek, COJuly 30, 2014
Good place for some experience for recent grads. Not enough room for growth. Great co-workers and the ability to work with senior level management on a day to day basis.
Branch Location
Personal Banker II (Former Employee) –  Parker, COMay 28, 2014
ANB Bank had its slow days and busier days. Typically slower. I performed everyday teller transactions. Handling larger amounts of cash.
Pros
Good Team
Cons
Slow paced
Day to Day
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  AnonymousApril 10, 2014
Highly stressful work environment with little guidance or help from management.