ANB Bank

ANB Bank Employer Reviews

loved interaction with the customers and getting to know them.
Universal Banker (Former Employee), Grand Junction, COJanuary 29, 2015
Pros: banker hours
Cons: not getting to keep the money
I loved working here and it was just time for me to move on. I still wish I would have accepted the job I interviewed for when I left. I earned a lot of recognition and met the owners of the company. Also trips to Telluride to work.
SUPER Fun Place To Work
Personal Banker II (Former Employee), Lenexa, KSJanuary 11, 2015
Everyday was a treasure hunt! You'd never know what you may find. Great staff and management. Very well ran store.
Customer's were great!
Personal Banker II (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, CODecember 31, 2014
Pros: free lunches when the bank was busy. the days were productive and work days went fast.
Cons: very little value for employees.
A typical day at work consisted of returning/placing phone calls, internal email communications, opening/closing accounts and maintaining excellent customer relations and creating new ones. During this time I created a report to better track sales progress, my manager created a spreadsheet to display sales progress and I would update the spreadsheet once a week. Now the entire region uses the same calculations and spreadsheet weekly. My co-workers were amazing, fun and professional. During the last three months of my employment at ANB Bank I attended a Business Networking meeting with local small businesses to help promote business for participating members and the bank. I loved working with the customers, my co-workers and my networking partners.

The most enjoyable part of my job was honing in on the individual banking needs of my customers. I would help them create LLC's for the business endeavors, assist in identity theft recovery and suggest products that would best help my customers reach there financial/credit goals.

The hardest part of the job was using the software systems, however I eventually became proficient.
Good learning experience
Credit Risk Analyst III (Current Employee), Cherry Creek, COJuly 30, 2014
Good place for some experience for recent grads. Not enough room for growth. Great co-workers and the ability to work with senior level management on a day to day basis.
Branch Location
Personal Banker II (Former Employee), Parker, COMay 28, 2014
Pros: good team
Cons: slow paced
ANB Bank had its slow days and busier days. Typically slower. I performed everyday teller transactions. Handling larger amounts of cash.
Day to Day
Anonymous (Former Employee), AnonymousApril 10, 2014
Highly stressful work environment with little guidance or help from management.
A great place to work with a relaxed environment
Software Developer (Current Employee), Cheyenne, WYFebruary 6, 2014
At ANB Bank, I worked on exciting projects that were actually meaningful to the company. Management was fantastic; they never badgered you about development time or anything. Before retiring, our CIO had been there 37 years, and I think there's a reason!
Great company with caring and friendly management at every level.
Personal Banker II (Former Employee), Casper, WYOctober 7, 2013
Pros: great coworkers, good insurance, hour lunches
Cons: slower paced
This bank was great place to work. It was a small branch so there were only 8 employees including myself. All of my managers and coworkers were friendly and approachable. My main manager's door was usually open to assist us with problems and she often listened to our interactions with customers in case she needed to be there to help us if we were having problems. I required more than adequate training and I felt that I was prepared to handle most situations that were thrown at me. The hardest part of this job was that since it was a small branch, we weren't very busy so the time passed very slowly some days. The most enjoyable part of this job was all of the people that worked there, and that banked there. They made the days go by much faster. This company makes its employees feel more like family than workers.
Unfair place to work
professional (Former Employee), Main bankMay 15, 2013
Pros: gym
Cons: unfair treatment
As an employee, I was treated very unfairly. I completed my work on time, even before my supervisors, worked overtime when we had deadlines, picked up additional work and never was written up during my time working there. During my annual evaluation, I was rated poorly and was given no examples supporting any of the ratings. My manager even told me that I didn't "fit in" and that he would give me 3 weeks to find another job (by the way this was at Christmas too). My annual evaluation at 12 months, was given at 17 months and I was totally shocked at the lack of professionalism.

I now know that I would have had a case of retaliation in the workplace if I would have spoke with HR and they would have fired me. Beware of the lack of integrity with the management. Once I left, I spoke with HR about what was going on, and they did not keep anything confidential, as I have friends who told me that they didn't.
Great manager makes work rewarding
BSA/AML Analyst (Current Employee), Colorado Springs, COApril 7, 2013
The BSA Officer at ANB Bank makes the job very rewarding. Unfortunately there is a culture of push-back when it comes to working with other departments such as the frontline staff. I believe the bank's employees need more education as to why BSA compliance is so important and why certain information is needed and important to the BSA-AML staff.
Dead End with little chance of advancement
Universal Banker I (Former Employee), Grand Junction,COFebruary 11, 2013
We were always made to feel like the next moment would be our last. Management expected professional treatment but was unwilling to provide the same to the employee. There was high turn over due to bad leadership.

March 15, 2013

I would agree Poor leadership which causes extreme turnover rate.

Meeting new people everyday.
Bank Teller (Former Employee), Clifton, CONovember 28, 2012
I liked working with many of the co-workers. I do feel I was not trained correctly and struggled the first week. After I got the hang of how the all the systems worked I had no problem. The hours I had worked great with my kids schedule and I was always able to be home with them at night. One of the best things I likes about this job was meeting new people in the community.
I like working here.
Personal Banker II (Current Employee), Colorado Springs, CONovember 20, 2012
Pros: close to home
Cons: remodeling building
I wait on customers for a majorityof my day. I enjoy working as a team with my co-workers. I like being able to help a customer resolve an issue.
Enjoyed being a teller for ANB however did not enjoy being an operations clerk. I felt like I wasn't being treated fairly by certain management
Operations Clerk (Former Employee), Colorado Springs COMay 7, 2012
Pros: hour lunch, great people in other depts.
Cons: new operations coordinato, nobody had children in my dept, did not like the favoritism
I would start up my computer start by reviewing reports for both Wyoming and our PBK branches, I would do that all day then I would go and do our interoffice mail and get that sent out to each of the branches. At the end of the day any mail that would have to go out I would take that to the post office. I learned time management was very important and the different reports that are monitored for out personal bankers. I enjoyed our previous management that we had as I beleived they were fair. When one of the other girls moved up to operations coordinator she had her favorites and did not treat anybody fairly. The hardest part of my job was trying to take care of both my regions as there are 5 reports each that I would review and about 12 branches that I would have to review. The most enjoyable part of my job was just knowing I had a job

September 19, 2012

Being a teller when it was Western National Bank and American National Bank was great. But being in the operations side was no fun when senior management . They have their favorites

Good overall employer
Certified Teller I (Current Employee), Colorado SpringsMarch 13, 2012
ANB Bank supports a safe environment for all employees and is a highly-rated bank for financial soundness and customer service. Good, workable branches with many varieties of coworkers and experiences.