Ancestry Employee Reviews in United States

I on the greatest Mamagers of my life. I will miss him
Data Center Engineer (Current Employee) –  SLC, UT DataCenterJuly 10, 2016
I came in and check the tickets that came over night.
I maid repairs a go the servers back on line. I then moved to my three backup environment, and ran the Exchange Backup reports, The CDPE reports and Ancestry.com backup reports. Any restores that need to be restored that morning,

At Ancestry I learded Microsoft Office, and all Microsoft Operating Systems, (10years),
CommVault Storage Backups (5years),
Vmware and Hyper-V virtual environments (6 years),
Pros
free Meals
Cons
Long Hours
Good company, but call center work is demanding
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Provo, UTJune 28, 2016
A good company to work for--if you can meet the call time limitations. Good pay and benefits. Management does care--but there are metrics that must be met. It's great to be able to help people out, but sometimes there are customers who should not be around any technical equipment (computers, tablets, smartphones) and many struggle with the on-line services Ancestry provides.
Pros
Free cereal.
Cons
Time management is strictly monitored.
n/a
operator (Former Employee) –  Provo, UTApril 29, 2016
just don't like it answering to many phone calls in a short time frame and try solving a problem that the customer was having with ancestry product
Good company, little opportunity.
Senior Auditor (Current Employee) –  Provo, UTMarch 2, 2016
Ancestry is the best place I have ever worked. Unfortunately, it is very hard to be recognized for your work and move up in the company.
Was good
Member Services (Former Employee) –  Provo, UTJanuary 18, 2016
I worked here for five years. When first employed, Ancestry was a great company to work for. Management valued Member Services and created a great atmosphere for their employees. Over the years, they have turned member services into a typical 'call center' atmosphere with very scripted responses to their customers. It has since had a steady decline with over all satisfaction. There is no job security and no way of moving up within the company (other than staying just within member services).
Pros
Healthcare
Cons
More of a typical 'call center' approach
Super Fun Company
Archival Digitization Specialist (Former Employee) –  Provo, UTNovember 21, 2015
I really liked the company, they took care of the employees. They offered free breakfast for everyone each morning along with free fresh fruit and for those with a sweet tooth they had free soda fountains and frozen yogurt each day as well. The work was fairly simple and repetitive but still fun to do. Supervisors were always super helpful and very approachable.
Pros
Fair pay, fun environment with fun people.
Great Company
Archival Digitalization Specialist (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAOctober 18, 2015
I couldn't speak more highly of this company. I am in a contract position and to be completely honest I'm sad this job will be coming to an end. You get great pay, they have incentives for doing well, you can also get benefits through the company. Overall I love the site I work at including the people and the job itself!
Very professional crew and knowledgeable mentor.
Intern (Former Employee) –  Provo, UtahAugust 19, 2015
Really great place to start internship and highly intelligent developers who will assist you any way they can. Great benefits and wonderful learning process. Will definitely help you to grow as a developer.
ancestry.com employment experience
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  homeJuly 24, 2015
Its 40 hours a week and the calls do not stop. 90% of the calls are cancel calls and we do not give refunds for monthly subs so customers yell most of the time. Ancestry does not verify email so if a customer enters .coom instead of .com its impossible to look up there account so the calls take forever. why they don't verify emails i do not know. the sales calls are alright and the support calls i like but like i said its mostly cancel calls.
Pros
free ancestry account, i get to work from home
Cons
the pay is very low, not enough to live on, i get to work from home so i end up rarely leaving the house
DRive fullfillment
Warehouse employee (Former Employee) –  9000 s 700 w sandy, UTApril 21, 2015
its awesome, laid back, consistent work and great hrs.
9 am - 5pm you have a snack area, you are assigned what project to attend that day, lunch is 30min-to an hr.
you only work weekdays.
you fold, scan, lift load, unload, label, fold clothing, package delicate boxes, use the forklift, use common computer knowledge.
Decent place to work
Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAApril 10, 2015
Great place to work if the focus is only Work life balance. If you are looking for a competitive place, this is not the one for you.
Ancestry Review
Archival Digitization Specialist (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAApril 9, 2015
The work environment is incredibly high paced. I've learned how history and technology work together for the greater good. My one major complaint is company culture and lack of communication between Ancestry's head quarters in Utah and it's satellite sites all over the country. There is a large disconnect which in turn causes negative company culture and confusion.
Interesting place to work.
Data Quality Reviewer (Former Employee) –  Provo, UTJanuary 23, 2015
A typical day at work can last at least 4 hours a day depending on the position you have in the company.
I learned to pay close attention to detail and how to search for ancestors.
Management was very friendly and they did their best to help me when I had a question.
Co-workers I had there were very friendly and very welcoming.
Hardest part about the job was the hours honestly. Like I said you can work at the very least 4 hours a day depending on your position in the company.
Most enjoyable part of the job was the cafe they have for employees. During your break, if you get hungry, there is a cafe you can go to, to grab something quick to eat.
Pros
employee cafe, ping pong table, friendly management.
Cons
short shifts.
Worked with people looking up their ancestry
Genealogist at Home (Current Employee) –  Muskegon, MI 49442December 23, 2014
I went in with a positive attitude, input data, researched information
Pros
working for people and helping them out.
Cons
running into brick walls when looking up the information
Great place and people to work with.
Accounting Clerk (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTSeptember 7, 2014
They are a great company to work for and there are great people that are friendly and easy to get along with.
Didn't really like the phones.
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Orem UTAugust 28, 2014
Ancestry is a good company it just wasn't my cup of tea. A lot of angry callers and the regulations that were put on you as a phone agent were annoying.
Fun and neat experience
Ancestry research (Current Employee) –  Brandenburg, KYAugust 8, 2014
Researching my ancestors has given me an insight to where I came from
Incredible product and equally stellar employees - the best working experience of my life!
Recruiting Manager (Current Employee) –  Provo, UTJuly 9, 2014
Passionate and engaged employees and management that sincerely care about the work they do and the product they support.
Pros
great in-house cafe, untouchable product
good pass time during the day
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Ridgewood, NYJune 13, 2014
I was a pretty good job over all I just didn't like that we had to wait so long to get help with the customers and tech reports were never made when they said they reported it
Terrific people and a modern, clean data center
Data Center Administrator (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMarch 12, 2014
Worked in one of Ancestry.com's data centers. They have lots of nice, current technology to work with and very competent people at all levels. Loved working with my team.
Pros
good pay, great people, nice environment and current technology
Cons
none i can think of